Cornwall Football Forum

Pz v Port postponed

3 hours ago, Joe Slovo said:

Tuesday,Penzance v Porthleven POSTPONED due to Covid 

Joe - not for one second suggesting anything untoward, but what now are the rules for Covid postponements - I only ask as seeing changes in workplace rules etc for Covid cases, 2nd jabs and ‘close contacts’ so was assuming the league would no longer allow postponements unless in exceptional circumstances. 

5 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Joe - not for one second suggesting anything untoward, but what now are the rules for Covid postponements - I only ask as seeing changes in workplace rules etc for Covid cases, 2nd jabs and ‘close contacts’ so was assuming the league would no longer allow postponements unless in exceptional circumstances. 

The first part of the Phil Hiscox chat explains a little more

Dave - thank you, my own fault for not listening to your excellent podcast on time lol. 
Well explained by Phil as obviously no simple answer and the ‘close contact’ is his big issue for considering postponements. I suppose the real answer lies in clubs and players following guidance.

I only raised it as I know some clubs have been affected by players having Covid (following guidance) but playing games with key players missing due to isolation and others have postponed - but all down to individual circumstances I suppose - and again no inference to this game at all, Joe just happened to list it at a time I am  reviewing work practices.- I spend every day at work balancing these issues so know how frustrating it can be.