Cornwall Football Forum

Bodmin reinstated

It's official, Saltash fielded a player they shouldn't of. Saltash have been kicked out the competition

14 minutes ago, David Bray said:

According to the FA .Web site.

FA Vase 1st Round Proper,  matches to be played on Sat 23rd October. 

Match # 98 of 105 ties.

Brockenhurst v Saltash United.

No mention of Bodmin Town FC.

Screenshot_2021-10-01-08-22-25-11_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.thumb.jpg.bb9871a949384b4904613bc034560126.jpg

Think the young lad Wotton, although signed with Saltash as he is an apprentice at argyle and ‘on loan’ at Saltash shouldn’t have played in vase from what I have heard.

Strange really as other clubs can bring in southern league players to play in the vase for a one off game. 

But suppose rules are rules 🤷‍♂️

You have to have a little chuckle at this (unless connected with Saltash) - with Bodmin’s history of bringing in midweek dual registered higher league players. I’m sure Dane will be ‘spitting feathers’ as surely the fault also sits with Argyle over allowing a contracted player to play where he was ineligible - as quicksilver said ‘rules are rules’. 

6 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

You have to have a little chuckle at this (unless connected with Saltash) - with Bodmin’s history of bringing in midweek dual registered higher league players. I’m sure Dane will be ‘spitting feathers’ as surely the fault also sits with Argyle over allowing a contracted player to play where he was ineligible - as quicksilver said ‘rules are rules’. 

Not sure it was argyles fault more an admin error on Saltash part.  It sure Dane be too worried missing a long trip away that Bodmin now have to make