Plymouth Marjon         6-1           Torridgeside

Torrington                          4-3           Ottery StMary

WEST

Launceston          1-4           St Blazey

Sticker                2-3           Newquay

Wendron United   2-3    Penryn Athletic

CORNWALL SENIOR CUP

FIRST ROUND

AFC St Austell           3-3            Callington Town (aet)

St Austell win 4-2 on pens 

Falmouth Town     7-1    St Dennis 

Godolphin Atl Newq   1-5    Camelford

Liskeard Athletic      4-2   Torpoint Athletic

Mousehole    1-2          Saltash United 

Penzance     1-3           Bodmin Town

Wadebridge Town    0-4      Helston Athletic

Mousehole 1 Saltash United 2

Cant comment on the game directly as on Zakynthos, but let’s say it’s probably the most global Radio Cornwall has been at my hotel. Still, good to hear we were on form today and onwards into the next round. 

Have to say Radio Cornwall Sport was a good listen today- bit rugby heavy until 4pm but better last 2 hours. 

5-1 Win to Camelford brilliant team hat trick from Ryan Downing , Dan Metherell and Andy Boxall with other goals .1st half the G played really well and Gav Perraton got a deserved equaliser  to make it 1-1 at ht 2nd half different story young G goalie let a shot from Ryan Downing go through his legs he had made some great saves up until then , then Ryan Downing got the ball and went on a mazy run past the static G defence and he scored a ine goal , Andy BOXAL then got number 4 and Downing went on to get his hat trick . Camelford lost there brilliant captain Adam Sleep  to injury but that didnt effect there  dominance in 2nd half and could of scored a lot more with Gusterson the biggest culprit . The ref had a good game my mom for the g Ed T IMMONS the defence are better they where in the 1st half and for Camelford the brilliant Bobby HOPKINSON whose range of passing is brilliant a joy to watch . Reg has got a brilliant team there and they are the best team i have seen this year they had severel player out today but it never really showed . The G got 2 hard games coming up at Home vs St Austell and next saturday vs Callington i hope Matt Saunders is back by then to take his place at the heartof the G defence .WELL DONE CAMELFORD and ITS GETTING BETTER G BE GOOD TO PLAY GOOD FOR THE WHOLE 90MINS BUT EXCELLENT 1ST HALF .Was nice meeting fellow forum writer HOBBIT this afternoon great talkin to you and putting a name to the face and you have now met the famous Smokie Dog who didnt like the wet weather 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 2 October 2021

St Austell 3 (Bidgood, 58, Tilley, 86, Marris, 110)

Callington 3 (Harrison, 49, 105, Cloke, 76)

(St Austell win 4-2 on penalties)

St Austell battled back from behind on three separate occasions to defeat brave Callington on penalties at a wet Poltair Park.

There was little hint of the drama during a turgid opening 45 minutes as Cally started brightly, with Fin Harrison rattling the crossbar while home custodian Brett Allen produced a magnificent one-handed stop to deny Luke Cloke. The hosts grew into the game with Chris Kilbey firing over as Ash Winkworth stung the palms of Allen's opposite number Steve France. 

If the first 45 minutes were something of a tough watch, the rest of this Cornwall Senior Cup round one tie was anything but. Cloke opened the scoring for the Marshmen on 49 minutes when he poked home after Allen could only parry Harrison's effort. The visitors' lead lasted just nine minutes with Matt Searle crossing for the unmarked Cam Bidgood to sweep home.

Cally were nearly back in front just after the hour mark when Tommy Phillips hit the post, profiting on a slip from home defender Keelan England. Searle and Bidgood nearly combined successfully again for St Austell before home replacement George Marris saw his fierce effort deflected behind. The game then swung in Callington's favour with 14 minutes left as Owen Raven crossed and Cloke glanced the ball home past Allen.

But back came St Austell and after France produced a wonder stop to prevent Cally skipper Jordan Powell putting through his own net, the hosts were level again four minutes from time. Marris drove towards the by-line and his cross caused a penalty-box scramble with Joe Tilley eventually bundling the ball home. In the dying embers, St Austell should have won the the tie but Bidgood fluffed his lines and shot wide with only France to beat.

Extra-time saw Callington get their noses in front again during the first additional period of 15 minutes. The goal owed much to the persistence of left-back Xoli Ncube whose mazy run ended with the ball being squared to Harrison who made no mistake. Surely St Austell were dead and buried on this occasion, but Mark Smith's side failed to read that particular script and they hauled themselves off the canvas to equalise again. Marris, who changed the game with his energetic bursts forward, found space in the box to emphatically finish past France. The away incumbent had to be at his very best to deny Bidgood as time ran out and the game went to penalties.

Cally were up first and Allen produced a brilliant save, diving to his left to keep out Jordan Powell's powerfully struck effort. St Austell reeled off three successful conversions to Callington's two before Cloke blazed over the bar. This left the outstanding home captain Kieran Powell to send France the wrong way and his side through into the hat for round two.

16 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

5-1 Win to Camelford brilliant team hat trick from Ryan Downing , Dan Metherell and Andy Boxall with other goals .1st half the G played really well and Gav Perraton got a deserved equaliser  to make it 1-1 at ht 2nd half different story young G goalie let a shot from Ryan Downing go through his legs he had made some great saves up until then , then Ryan Downing got the ball and went on a mazy run past the static G defence and he scored a ine goal , Andy BOXAL then got number 4 and Downing went on to get his hat trick . Camelford lost there brilliant captain Adam Sleep  to injury but that didnt effect there  dominance in 2nd half and could of scored a lot more with Gusterson the biggest culprit . The ref had a good game my mom for the g Ed T IMMONS the defence are better they where in the 1st half and for Camelford the brilliant Bobby HOPKINSON whose range of passing is brilliant a joy to watch . Reg has got a brilliant team there and they are the best team i have seen this year they had severel player out today but it never really showed . The G got 2 hard games coming up at Home vs St Austell and next saturday vs Callington i hope Matt Saunders is back by then to take his place at the heartof the G defence .WELL DONE CAMELFORD and ITS GETTING BETTER G BE GOOD TO PLAY GOOD FOR THE WHOLE 90MINS BUT EXCELLENT 1ST HALF .Was nice meeting fellow forum writer BOBJFH this afternoon great talkin to you and putting a name to the face and you have now met the famous Smokie Dog who didnt like the wet weather 

If was hoppit you met not Bob  sorry for the confusion

16 hours ago, RAPPO said:

WENDRON   (1)  2           C.Young 43’  Wheat 60’

PENRYN  (1)  3                Cooke 31’  Daniel 71’  Rapsey 85’

ATT:  88

REF:  Shaun Edge 👏🏼👍

Back by popular demand! Or unpopular demand! 😂 Probably had a dozen or two people said they miss the reports and 4/5 refs, respectated and experienced ones at that, who said they agreed with my opinions of which I can hardly remember now myself, but nice to have your support, thanks gents. Not going to make it war and peace or a fine tooth comb, just the basics of a game I think for future reference for anyone who wasn’t there obviously and wants to know. I know how much I enjoy other people’s reports. Firstly nice to see Peter Thorne and his lovely dog! Great admiration for Pete and everything he’s done at Wendron, great venue these days and a lovely playing surface, the club just gets better and better. Good to see old Penryn midfield maestro Andy Parry as well for a 20 odd minute chat first half until the rain started horizontally coming into the stand! Don’t make too many players like Andy these days, he said he would get a yellow every game in today’s football 😂 Good game of football played in great spirits I thought, can’t remember a really bad tackle for referee Shaun Edge who I thought was excellent letting the game flow whenever possible, played good advantage, spoke to the players in a calm manner and reffed with common sense considering the wet and sometimes windy conditions. Everything you want from a ref really 👏🏼👍 Two very evenly matched teams I thought, Wendron will be disappointed to come out the game with nothing after maybe shading it 60/40 on chances. I watched these two sides earlier in the season at Penryn in front of a healthy 170 midweek crowd and it was a cracking 3-3 draw, and while this game never reached those heights it was a decent game with the result in doubt right up until the 94th minute final whistle, maybe a draw on the day might have been a fairer result but that’s why we love football I suppose, win some, lose some over a season. Penryn went ahead slightly against the run of play I would say in the 31st minute with a lovely goal, Jack Rapsey hit a 40 yard diagonal pass out to James Daniel who took one touch and whipped in a delightful undefendable ball that Kyle Cooke, in for the suspended Ryan Reeve swept home at the far post. Wendron chose the perfect time to equalise in the 43rd minute when Charlie Young whose hold up play and good movement was a threat all game, twisted and turned on the edge of the area before hitting a firm low strike into the bottom corner. The hosts went ahead on the hour when impressive right back Joe Souch? got down the right and sent in a firm drilled cross which lively young striker Cam Wheat met with a bullet header into the top corner from 6 yards. Penryn found an equaliser 10 minutes later when Rapsey played in Bradley Leivers and his great far post cross from the left saw Jake Shaw get around the back of the defence and head back to James Daniel who bravely stabbed home past onrushing home keeper Ethan Fearne sustaining a nasty looking injury in the process, hope you’re not too bad JD, a few cuddles from that beautiful new baby will heal the pain mate 👍 Got to say a few Wendron defenders looked to assistant ref Alan Hoon for an offside but I was stood right behind him and Shawsy ran around the back of the defence and headed the ball a couple of yards backwards to JD 5 yards out, so onside in both instances. Well done Alan👏🏼👍 makes you realise what a tricky job it is at full speed though. Both teams were looking for a winner and both keepers made a couple of crucial saves, Adam Robarthan for the visitors and Fearn for the hosts, one in particular at full stretch turning a Morgan Vallejo strike around the post. Young sub Jak Davies was making some good runs down the left with the game now stretched and from one of these he whipped in an 85th minute pacy ball that Rapsey used the speed of to flick a deft header into the far bottom corner from 8 yards to clinch a fine 3 points for the Ryn against a Wendron side that have been in fantastic form this season. Lovely to see Jack and Wendron left back Reece Carroll have a big hug at the final whistle, played in some really successful youth football teams together which they’ll always remember I’m sure, good lads. 🏆 What footy is all about for me, so many memories and so many friends made, what it should be about at the end of the day👍 To sum up the game, Wendron unlucky not to take something from it and Penryn kept battling away all game and came on strong last 10 minutes to nick the 3 points. The Mrs managed to get a photo of the 85th minute winner as well!5F79E2A4-EF1D-4229-9E16-BE8D38181715.jpeg.76fc0d511fa734f0b932e4ea4994146f.jpeg5F79E2A4-EF1D-4229-9E16-BE8D38181715.jpeg.76fc0d511fa734f0b932e4ea4994146f.jpeg

Sorry it’s there twice!! I’m not the best at modern technology!! 🙄

36 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Sorry Hobbit memory not good these days have a lot going on in my mind 

Anyone got the Camelford team list cant find t anywhere i know they where missing severel players and 1 player i talked to had not played for 3 years he was called Dan Balsdon nice bloke 

100% - I wondered who my ‘doppelgänger’ was lol

Unfortunately I wouldn’t have been able to get to the game till half time, so I took in the St Austell v Callington game instead (great game for the neutral)

Camels team sheet should be attached (like Rappo I am not too good at technology). Camels were missing Ed (who iin fairness was away with the G Captain Dan in London), Charlie and Denholm - but Reg always seems to be able to pull a few out of retirement to help out when needed (sorry Dan).

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

Back by popular demand! Or unpopular demand! 😂 Probably had a dozen or two people said they miss the reports and 4/5 refs, respectated and experienced ones at that, who said they agreed with my opinions of which I can hardly remember now myself, but nice to have your support, thanks gents. Not going to make it war and peace or a fine tooth comb, just the basics of a game I think for future reference for anyone who wasn’t there obviously and wants to know. I know how much I enjoy other people’s reports. Firstly nice to see Peter Thorne and his lovely dog! Great admiration for Pete and everything he’s done at Wendron, great venue these days and a lovely playing surface, the club just gets better and better. Good to see old Penryn midfield maestro Andy Parry as well for a 20 odd minute chat first half until the rain started horizontally coming into the stand! Don’t make too many players like Andy these days, he said he would get a yellow every game in today’s football 😂 Good game of football played in great spirits I thought, can’t remember a really bad tackle for referee Shaun Edge who I thought was excellent letting the game flow whenever possible, played good advantage, spoke to the players in a calm manner and reffed with common sense considering the wet and sometimes windy conditions. Everything you want from a ref really 👏🏼👍 Two very evenly matched teams I thought, Wendron will be disappointed to come out the game with nothing after maybe shading it 60/40 on chances. I watched these two sides earlier in the season at Penryn in front of a healthy 170 midweek crowd and it was a cracking 3-3 draw, and while this game never reached those heights it was a decent game with the result in doubt right up until the 94th minute final whistle, maybe a draw on the day might have been a fairer result but that’s why we love football I suppose, win some, lose some over a season. Penryn went ahead slightly against the run of play I would say in the 31st minute with a lovely goal, Jack Rapsey hit a 40 yard diagonal pass out to James Daniel who took one touch and whipped in a delightful undefendable ball that Kyle Cooke, in for the suspended Ryan Reeve swept home at the far post. Wendron chose the perfect time to equalise in the 43rd minute when Charlie Young whose hold up play and good movement was a threat all game, twisted and turned on the edge of the area before hitting a firm low strike into the bottom corner. The hosts went ahead on the hour when impressive right back Joe Souch? got down the right and sent in a firm drilled cross which lively young striker Cam Wheat met with a bullet header into the top corner from 6 yards. Penryn found an equaliser 10 minutes later when Rapsey played in Bradley Leivers and his great far post cross from the left saw Jake Shaw get around the back of the defence and head back to James Daniel who bravely stabbed home past onrushing home keeper Ethan Fearne sustaining a nasty looking injury in the process, hope you’re not too bad JD, a few cuddles from that beautiful new baby will heal the pain mate 👍 Got to say a few Wendron defenders looked to assistant ref Alan Hoon for an offside but I was stood right behind him and Shawsy ran around the back of the defence and headed the ball a couple of yards backwards to JD 5 yards out, so onside in both instances. Well done Alan👏🏼👍 makes you realise what a tricky job it is at full speed though. Both teams were looking for a winner and both keepers made a couple of crucial saves, Adam Robarthan for the visitors and Fearn for the hosts, one in particular at full stretch turning a Morgan Vallejo strike around the post. Young sub Jak Davies was making some good runs down the left with the game now stretched and from one of these he whipped in an 85th minute pacy ball that Rapsey used the speed of to flick a deft header into the far bottom corner from 8 yards to clinch a fine 3 points for the Ryn against a Wendron side that have been in fantastic form this season. Lovely to see Jack and Wendron left back Reece Carroll have a big hug at the final whistle, played in some really successful youth football teams together which they’ll always remember I’m sure, good lads. 🏆 What footy is all about for me, so many memories and so many friends made, what it should be about at the end of the day👍 To sum up the game, Wendron unlucky not to take something from it and Penryn kept battling away all game and came on strong last 10 minutes to nick the 3 points. The Mrs managed to get a photo of the 85th minute winner as well!5F79E2A4-EF1D-4229-9E16-BE8D38181715.jpeg.76fc0d511fa734f0b932e4ea4994146f.jpeg5F79E2A4-EF1D-4229-9E16-BE8D38181715.jpeg.76fc0d511fa734f0b932e4ea4994146f.jpeg

Welcome back Rappo ! Great report as always .👍

18 hours ago, Gareth Davies said:

St Austell 3 (Bidgood, 58, Tilley, 86, Marris, 110)

Callington 3 (Harrison, 49, 105, Cloke, 76)

(St Austell win 4-2 on penalties)

St Austell battled back from behind on three separate occasions to defeat brave Callington on penalties at a wet Poltair Park.

There was little hint of the drama during a turgid opening 45 minutes as Cally started brightly, with Fin Harrison rattling the crossbar while home custodian Brett Allen produced a magnificent one-handed stop to deny Luke Cloke. The hosts grew into the game with Chris Kilbey firing over as Ash Winkworth stung the palms of Allen's opposite number Steve France. 

If the first 45 minutes were something of a tough watch, the rest of this Cornwall Senior Cup round one tie was anything but. Cloke opened the scoring for the Marshmen on 49 minutes when he poked home after Allen could only parry Harrison's effort. The visitors' lead lasted just nine minutes with Matt Searle crossing for the unmarked Cam Bidgood to sweep home.

Cally were nearly back in front just after the hour mark when Tommy Phillips hit the post, profiting on a slip from home defender Keelan England. Searle and Bidgood nearly combined successfully again for St Austell before home replacement George Marris saw his fierce effort deflected behind. The game then swung in Callington's favour with 14 minutes left as Owen Raven crossed and Cloke glanced the ball home past Allen.

But back came St Austell and after France produced a wonder stop to prevent Cally skipper Jordan Powell putting through his own net, the hosts were level again four minutes from time. Marris drove towards the by-line and his cross caused a penalty-box scramble with Joe Tilley eventually bundling the ball home. In the dying embers, St Austell should have won the the tie but Bidgood fluffed his lines and shot wide with only France to beat.

Extra-time saw Callington get their noses in front again during the first additional period of 15 minutes. The goal owed much to the persistence of left-back Xoli Ncube whose mazy run ended with the ball being squared to Harrison who made no mistake. Surely St Austell were dead and buried on this occasion, but Mark Smith's side failed to read that particular script and they hauled themselves off the canvas to equalise again. Marris, who changed the game with his energetic bursts forward, found space in the box to emphatically finish past France. The away incumbent had to be at his very best to deny Bidgood as time ran out and the game went to penalties.

Cally were up first and Allen produced a brilliant save, diving to his left to keep out Jordan Powell's powerfully struck effort. St Austell reeled off three successful conversions to Callington's two before Cloke blazed over the bar. This left the outstanding home captain Kieran Powell to send France the wrong way and his side through into the hat for round two.

Gareth - excellent report 

Just wanted to add - having seen Callington mid week and mentioned about there continually berating the referee, today was much much different. They concentrated on their football and played extremely well - I felt they were a bit unlucky come the end, and only having one sub you could see them tire, but it was one of the best games (as a neutral) I have seen in a while - well done both teams. 

FALMOUTH TOWN 7, ST DENNIS 1

Well it’s no surprise that Falmouth won this Senior Cup tie but it probably was a little bit of a mystery how the holders took 24 minutes before getting their first goal.  Before the breakthrough they had gone close on many an occasion with numerous corners chalked up as well!

When the opening goal did come it was rather a gift as the St Dennis goalkeeper Alfie Harbore made a mess of punching clear and the ball fell nicely for Luke Barner who was there to tap home from just a couple yards out.

By half time time Town were 4-0 up after further goals from Luke Brabyn, an effort from the edge of the box, and two from their new signing Jack Bray-Evans. Although Jack actually had an easier chance earlier to open his account with his new club when he should have made more of a Tim Nixon cross! No doubt he’ll be happy with his two though.

The second half pretty much played the same way as the first 45 minutes with Falmouth on top, although there was the occasional rare break led by St Dennis lone striker Jaffa Rowe.

David Broglino made it 5-0 just approaching the hour but 5 minutes later a rare mistake by Ryan Barnes allowed Jaffa to get on the score sheet. Barnes having failed to deal with a Courtney Rowe shot.

One to watch out for in Falmouth colours surely has to be Charlie Edney who replaced Brabyn with 15 minutes to go. He was unlucky not to get on the score sheet when his shot was tipped on to the crossbar but by this time it was already 6-1 as Nixon, a few minutes earlier, made the most of a miss clearance.

The game finished with a disputed seventh goal for Falmouth. Harbore saved a shot from Nixon but Barner was quickest to react knocking the ball back towards goal and although it was cleared off the line, the assistant referee immediately indicated to the ref that it was a goal.

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

FALMOUTH TOWN 7, ST DENNIS 1

Well it’s no surprise that Falmouth won this Senior Cup tie but it probably was a little bit of a mystery how the holders took 24 minutes before getting their first goal.  Before the breakthrough they had gone close on many an occasion with numerous corners chalked up as well!

When the opening goal did come it was rather a gift as the St Dennis goalkeeper Alfie Harbore made a mess of punching clear and the ball fell nicely for Luke Barner who was there to tap home from just a couple yards out.

By half time time Town were 4-0 up after further goals from Luke Brabyn, an effort from the edge of the box, and two from their new signing Jack Bray-Evans. Although Jack actually had an easier chance earlier to open his account with his new club when he should have made more of a Tim Nixon cross! No doubt he’ll be happy with his two though.

The second half pretty much played the same way as the first 45 minutes with Falmouth on top, although there was the occasional rare break led by St Dennis lone striker Jaffa Rowe.

David Broglino made it 5-0 just approaching the hour but 5 minutes later a rare mistake by Ryan Barnes allowed Jaffa to get on the score sheet. Barnes having failed to deal with a Courtney Rowe shot.

One to watch out for in Falmouth colours surely has to be Charlie Edney who replaced Brabyn with 15 minutes to go. He was unlucky not to get on the score sheet when his shot was tipped on to the crossbar but by this time it was already 6-1 as Nixon, a few minutes earlier, made the most of a miss clearance.

The game finished with a disputed seventh goal for Falmouth. Harbore saved a shot from Nixon but Barner was quickest to react knocking the ball back towards goal and although it was cleared off the line, the assistant referee immediately indicated to the ref that it was a goal .

Considering the weather ,a healthy 220 in attendance as well Dave .

On 03/10/2021 at 11:25, RAPPO said:

Preferred it when you didn’t write reports Rappo! 😉

Penryn played some good football, especially through Vallejo and McPhilbin. 
Thought we could’ve/should’ve been a few goals to the good in the first 15 mins or so but didn’t take our chances and were punished when Penryn caught us on the break. 
Good leveller from our perspective and should’ve seen the game out when we went 2-1 up but Penryn would argue that they were good money for a draw but snuck the win with a good Jack Rapsey header in the last few minutes. 
Thought Mr Edge was generally good. We had a good penalty shout turned down but Penryn may say that evened itself out after their one at their place.

All the best

Launceston 1v4 St Blazey. Att.49

Been a while since St Blazey played Launceston away. Recent seasons the fixture hasn't been played due to covid so nice to get up there again. A ground thats always looked after. Despite the ridiculous weather where I'd painted the lines twice for the reserves vs Truro u18s in the morning only to see it washed away each time, Launcestons pitch was looking very nice. 

At half time we went in the clubhouse and the Launceston commitee treated us to home made chocolate cake along with sausage rolls etc. Very nice!! Thank you.

Nice to meet up with Paul Hider again. Still living on that 2007 league cup win and why not. 

One of the great set ups in the swpl. Always worth a visit. 

On 03/10/2021 at 20:14, mattelot said:

Considering the weather ,a healthy 220 in attendance as well Dave .

Absolutely. 220 is admirable given the foul weather both in itself and also in comparison to elsewhere. As a case in point, I picked another league at random, (one of the Isthmian leagues), and Uxbridge who are top, only had 72 on Saturday.