Holsworthy                Aban          Torridgeside

Sidmouth Town            5-3        Elmore

Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police   0-5    Ottery St Mary

WEST

Launceston                  1-2       Camelford

St Austell                    0-0         Dobwalls

Sticker               0-4      Wendron United

Launceston 1 Camelford 2

A very decent game in light of the wet surface abd driving rain throughout the match.

Camels had around 5 clear cut chances first half, but were foiled by a couple of fine saves from the home keeper, a terrible penalty miss and spurned chances. 0-0 HT

An early second half straight red for Bobby Hopkinson. A late challenge with studs up. A straight red on a dry pitch, but more debateable tonight. This evened the game up gradually. Camels went in front when Clarets keeper couldn't hold the ball and Gusterson netted for the Camels.

The last quarter saw Clarets threaten the visitors goal for the first time. A nice move and a smart Waltz finish 10 ninutes from time and its 1-1. 

Just as it looked as if the Clarets were to get an unlikely point a great header from a corner - not sure of the scorer - gave the Camels a 90th minute winner.

Feel for the Clarets. Beaten by a goal 45 seconds from the end at Bodmin and now more late beartbreak. Clarets dropping down in the table, but just need a change of luck and a few games against more beatable opposition to improve their position. Nothing wrong with team spirit or application. 

One common factor when I've seen Lanson of late is that the Waltz is too isolated up front. When in possession someone needs to get closer to him.

Overall a 'well done' to both sides for producing a watchable game in wretched conditions.

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Launceston 1 Camelford 2

A very decent game in light of the wet surface abd driving rain throughout the match.

Camels had around 5 clear cut chances first half, but were foiled by a couple of fine saves from the home keeper, a terrible penalty miss and spurned chances. 0-0 HT

An early second half straight red for Bobby Hopkinson. A late challenge with studs up. A straight red on a dry pitch, but more debateable tonight. This evened the game up gradually. Camels went in front when Clarets keeper couldn't hold the ball and Gusterson netted for the Camels.

The last quarter saw Clarets threaten the visitors goal for the first time. A nice move and a smart Waltz finish 10 ninutes from time and its 1-1. 

Just as it looked as if the Clarets were to get an unlikely point a great header from a corner - not sure of the scorer - gave the Camels a 90th minute winner.

Feel for the Clarets. Beaten by a goal 45 seconds from the end at Bodmin and now more late beartbreak. Clarets dropping down in the table, but just need a change of luck and a few games against more beatable opposition to improve their position. Nothing wrong with team spirit or application. 

One common factor when I've seen Lanson of late is that the Waltz is too isolated up front. When in possession someone needs to get closer to him.

Overall a 'well done' to both sides for producing a watchable game in wretched conditions.

Decent crowd - non stop torrential rain.

Wouldn’t disagree with anything you have said and a fair report. Camels should have made the game safe in the first half - first penalty I have seen Ed miss in 14 years and it was a shocker (to be fair the penalty was given for a foul two yards outside the box) and some great saves / blocks by Lanson. 

Bobby’s sending off - if it was (as you say taking conditions into account) then three Lanson tackles in the first half should have been as well - especially the one resulting in Ryan leaving the pitch from a behind, thigh high tackle, consistency of decisions lacked. 

Camels went up from an Ed shot, parried by the keeper for a Gus tap in. Lanson then dominated possession and did everything right with 11v10 and moved the ball from side to side very well - but didn’t create a lot. Waltz’s goal was a cracker from a tight angle - but I agree, a solo effort, without support. He even tried an audacious overhead kick that was blocked. 

Camels still had the better chances, with 10 players and sealed the game with an Ed header on 88 minutes - gutting for Lanson and showed a real dogged side to Camelford - all 10 worked their socks off against a good Lanson team - the wide / forward players running their socks off and the defence solid as a rock. 

I don’t like to criticise officials - so I won’t say anything. 

6 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Everybody should take up refereeing then!

My god criticising referees on the forum is becoming tedious.

Put the black on and show us all how it's done.

I believe there has been no criticism? Asking for a bit of consistency isnt criticism. 

In my opinion, referee's would actually be better off if they just applied the laws of the game rather than trying to bend them to ensure they arent marked down by the clubs (a ridiculous thing by the way having clubs mark a ref). Easiest one is the dissent, flash the yellow card around for dissent and stick them in the sin bin. If that leaves 4 v 4 on the pitch then so be it, players would soon learn.

7 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

To err is to be human.

Of course, no players ever make mistakes during a match.

Serious question coming up, if a player is suspended (3 matches for example) could, if they are a qualified referee, officiate a match when they are serving this? It would be in a different league of course, or at youth/junior level.

Perhaps, in the same way that you can take a driver awareness course as an alternative to having points on your licence, you could take a refereeing course as a way of reducing or deferring a suspension. Could be sold as an "awareness of the laws of the game" session.

39 minutes ago, Pedro said:

St Austell ) Dobwalls 0

Match report anyone?

End to end football for 90 minutes. St Austell shaded it for the first 70 or so and should have had the lead but missed a first half penalty as well as half a dozen good chances. However, Dobwalls were never out of it and were by far the stronger team in the last 20 and had 4 or 5 great opportunities to score. Overall probably a fair result, and credit to the players and officials for playing / officiating in monsoon conditions. (Top banter from a fair-sized crowd too as the fans picked-up on the Dobwalls manager’s habit of shouting “unlucky” every time Dobwalls missed a chance.) 

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

St Austell ) Dobwalls 0

Match report anyone?

Horrible conditions to play/officiate in. St A awarded stonewall penalty (20ish), George Marris, bad miss. Dobwalls well on top second half but appalling finishing, mostly from Fineboy, deemed the match goalless. Pitch held up well, no puddles. Poor crowd, naturally. Still, better than staying in.

15 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Launceston 1 Camelford 2

Red on a dry pitch, but debatable on a wet pitch?!!!! 

1 hour ago, Kernowknocker said:

Red on a dry pitch, but debatable on a wet pitch?!!!! 

That wasn’t what was said in the post by Both Sides of the Tamar- the conditions made it very very hard for all players to stay on their feet and some latitude as to ‘recklessness’ was IMO appropriate. My subsequent post was simply that if latitude was being applied it should be consistent for both teams - I didn’t feel it was,  neither did all the players / managers or for that matter the majority of people watching - from their comments . If that constitutes having a go at the official, so be it. 

I criticised Camels misses and praised both teams for passages of play - sorry Older (I usually agree with on all posts), what is tedious is making a fair report about the ‘whole game’ yet one element of it appears to offend people’s sensibilities over Referees - who are a major part of the spectacle. 
As an aside - my comments don’t matter - the officials were being assessed (strange that some officials seem IMO to change when assessed, as I have commented on before and I really wish assessment could be done without the officials knowing - I know it can’t) - and the sending off occurred straight after half time - maybe the ‘latitude’ shown in the first half was felt too much?

Bob, I watched the game from a Lanson perspective, you did from a Camels one. That we were both at the game and were in broad agreement suggests a fairness from us both. Your first sentence conveys my view of the Hopkinson sending off. I can, however, understand others having a different view, as they did in the stand on the night.

The focus, however, should be on the players  Both sides contrubuted hugely to an excellent game in difficult conditions.

I watch the Ashes mostly but go to a fair few Lanson games. I will continue to try to offer fair reports moving forward.

46 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Bob, I watched the game from a Lanson perspective, you did from a Camels one. That we were both at the game and were in broad agreement suggests a fairness from us both. Your first sentence conveys my view of the Hopkinson sending off. I can, however, understand others having a different view, as they did in the stand on the night.

The focus, however, should be on the players  Both sides contrubuted hugely to an excellent game in difficult conditions.

I watch the Ashes mostly but go to a fair few Lanson games. I will continue to try to offer fair reports moving forward.

Totally agree. Must catch up at the Saltash v Camels game in the CSC - if you are going - was a cracker last time the teams played at Kimberly. 

43 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Totally agree. Must catch up at the Saltash v Camels game in the CSC - if you are going - was a cracker last time the teams played at Kimberly. 

The 4-2 game was superb. Camels were outstanding that night. Not sure if its the Kimberly or Sticker v Lanson in CSC as I've not been to the Sticky's ground yet. Will be at a Camels home game at some point this season. Have a good weekend!