Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Tuesday 2 November 2021

SWPL

EAST

Elburton Villa                                     3-1          Plymouth Marjon

Ivybridge Town                                 1-1          Brixham

Newton Abbot Spurs                      2-3          Ottery St Mary 

No fixture for me this midweek so thought I would take in a local game . Went to watch elburton vs marjons . Marjons started the brighter but after about 5 mins the momentum swung and elburton started to get on top . A lovely finish a from Edwards as he pinched the ball of the left back and smashed it bottom corner . But 10 mins later looked like the game could have changed Jordan rundle with a lunge from behind received a straight red .not sure if it was just for the tackle there was a bit of push and shoving after and may of stuck his head towards the player . Either way ref sent him . U would of thought that would of gave marjons the edge but in all fairness elburton coped well Dicko hardly had to make a save first half . Second. Half marjons had possession but didn’t create much about 15 mins into the second half a great low driving free kick from Eddie smashed the post and the young talented Adam McPherson has an easy tap in . This lad was a hand full all game run marjons all over the place . Elburton sat in and just hit them on the break about 20 mins from time the ref evened the game up sent a marjons defender off said he was last man but there was a covering defender tbf . But didnt make much impact on the game . With about 14 mins left a corner was defended from marjons and centre back wints smashed the ball home with a great finish from the edge of the box. Only 3 mins later elburton kept pushing on and left them selfs exposed at the back and the marjons striker took advance of some sloppy defending and goal keeping and slotted the ball home . Elburton on display well deserved winners...  good entertaining game 

pasties 5/10 

cuppa tea 8/10 

35 minutes ago, The waltz said:

No fixture for me this midweek so thought I would take in a local game . Went to watch elburton vs marjons . Marjons started the brighter but after about 5 mins the momentum swung and elburton started to get on top . A lovely finish a from Edwards as he pinched the ball of the left back and smashed it bottom corner . But 10 mins later looked like the game could have changed Jordan rundle with a lunge from behind received a straight red .not sure if it was just for the tackle there was a bit of push and shoving after and may of stuck his head towards the player . Either way ref sent him . U would of thought that would of gave marjons the edge but in all fairness elburton coped well Dicko hardly had to make a save first half . Second. Half marjons had possession but didn’t create much about 15 mins into the second half a great low driving free kick from Eddie smashed the post and the young talented Adam McPherson has an easy tap in . This lad was a hand full all game run marjons all over the place . Elburton sat in and just hit them on the break about 20 mins from time the ref evened the game up sent a marjons defender off said he was last man but there was a covering defender tbf . But didnt make much impact on the game . With about 14 mins left a corner was defended from marjons and centre back wints smashed the ball home with a great finish from the edge of the box. Only 3 mins later elburton kept pushing on and left them selfs exposed at the back and the marjons striker took advance of some sloppy defending and goal keeping and slotted the ball home . Elburton on display well deserved winners...  good entertaining game 

pasties 5/10 

cuppa tea 8/10 

Great report. Look out Rappo, he's coming for your job.

2 hours ago, The waltz said:

pasties 5/10 

cuppa tea 8/10 

That’s because I made the cuppa 😂

36 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Cuppa tea, gods drink,  like piddle or bark will do for me. 

Mrs Way Of The Park is continually amazed at my tea guzzling capabilities. Usually around 5/6 cups per day, Twinings English Breakfast or Lapsang Suchong, bag in to brew for 4 minutes, splash of milk on top, no sugar. Strong enough to stand your spoon in it. 

Have a cuppa tea, have a cuppa tea,
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, Rosie Lea
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, Rosie Lea.
Tea in the morning, tea in the evening, tea at supper time,
You get tea when it's raining, tea when it's snowing,
Tea when the weather's fine.
You get tea as a mid-day stimulant
You get tea with your afternoon tea
For any old ailment or disease
For Christ sake have a cuppa tea.
(The Kinks, Cuppa Tea)

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Mrs Way Of The Park is continually amazed at my tea guzzling capabilities. Usually around 5/6 cups per day, Twinings English Breakfast or Lapsang Suchong, bag in to brew for 4 minutes, splash of milk on top, no sugar. Strong enough to stand your spoon in it. 

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, Rosie Lea
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, Rosie Lea.
Tea in the morning, tea in the evening, tea at supper time,
You get tea when it's raining, tea when it's snowing,
Tea when the weather's fine.
You get tea as a mid-day stimulant
You get tea with your afternoon tea
For any old ailment or disease
For Christ sake have a cuppa tea.
(The Kinks, Cuppa Tea)

I can comfortably double your tea intake and more!

I'm addicted to the stuff!