Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Monday January 3 2022

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

what happen to the link bodmin had with st cleer ?? Didn’t they sign 3or 4 to step up this Season haven’t seen any involved would have been perfect to give them a run out yesterday 

They did. They spent the time with players, gave them the opportunity and they left and signed else where. 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

I do think they should bring in the rule that if you leave and Join to play for another team in a league above you can only play once  for a team in a lower league  .
It would stop all of this turning out for multiple teams and even help the clubs move on and maybe look at signing players from a lower league to step up. 

If your not careful the whole peninsula league will be in danger of being a joke just a league used by western league players to get fit or have a laugh in 

what happen to the link bodmin had with st cleer ?? Didn’t they sign 3or 4 to step up this Season haven’t seen any involved would have been perfect to give them a run out yesterday 

I think ‘eligibility’ rules come in to play in the next round - although in fairness I think all of the players mentioned at Bodmin will have played more than enough games. 

1 hour ago, Emily91 said:

They did. They spent the time with players, gave them the opportunity and they left and signed else where. 

Signed where ? Doesn’t say much for the coaching or club if they gone as soon as they can. ? 
maybe they felt there was no route to the first team with various players coming in every other week 

23 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Signed where ? Doesn’t say much for the coaching or club if they gone as soon as they can. ? 
maybe they felt there was no route to the first team with various players coming in every other week 

I can only think of Ian Thomas and Harvey Mullis? I might be wrong? They both went to Liskeard. 

I have no idea why, other than they both know the Liskeard team very well and at the time, maybe a social aspect played a large part in their departure? Like I said, I have no idea the reasons. 

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Mmmm didn't see that pard.I know it's a bit of a secret club but nobody seems to have heard anything about him actually finishing.

Interview with Darren back in May 2021 the link is here - and it’s around the 2 hours 20 minutes and so fast forward to there :-

https://anchor.fm/cornishsoccer/episodes/RAPPO--DEACS-Friday-Fix--May-21--2021-e119o68/RAPPO--DEACS-Friday-Fix---May-21-2021-a5knvkv

or if you’re a Spotify person :-https://open.spotify.com/episode/7yErn8BaDqqjeembGTYj99?si=2tp-sCU9Rny_gmebi41EBw&t=8410&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A3yLzrLU1gaYxd2jloHLYsA

4 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

New I'd seen it somewhere 🤣

24 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Bugger....Missed that.

Think the lad Colwell probably seen enough when the ex Callington Manager was brought in and Gary Jeffery (who comes highly recommended by almost everyone I've spoken to) was let go.

People ask about why Bodmin cant get a settled side out and think its purely because (and this might sound odd) but they offer nothing apart from 90 minutes football, that's it.

You look @ Helston, Buckland, Mousehole, Falmouth, Parkway etc and see what those clubs bring to the table in terms of additional extra's for Players. Head and shoulders above Bodmin and weather you like it or don't, it makes a difference.

Players will play the odd game here and there for Bodmin because the £ note on offer is pretty lucrative but when it boils down to the additional things, they are miles behind.

9 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Think the lad Colwell probably seen enough when the ex Callington Manager was brought in and Gary Jeffery (who comes highly recommended by almost everyone I've spoken to) was let go.

People ask about why Bodmin cant get a settled side out and think its purely because (and this might sound odd) but they offer nothing apart from 90 minutes football, that's it.

You look @ Helston, Buckland, Mousehole, Falmouth, Parkway etc and see what those clubs bring to the table in terms of additional extra's for Players. Head and shoulders above Bodmin and weather you like it or don't, it makes a difference.

Players will play the odd game here and there for Bodmin because the £ note on offer is pretty lucrative but when it boils down to the additional things, they are miles behind.

Interested to know what additional extras you mean? 

9 hours ago, teflon123 said:

How come since Gary left and the Callington manager has come in Bodmin have won a couple of games then? 

Just want to make it clear from Wendron’s point of view, nothing against Bodmin and what they did on Monday. It’s perfectly ‘legal’ and within any rule book relating to the cup. As I said before, despite the scoreline, I felt it was an evenly balanced game regardless of any name on either team sheet. We more than had our chances with hitting the woodwork 5 times and some other golden chances missed. Bodmin or the neutral may disagree though. The result was as much a product of us as it was to any individual playing for them. 

All the best to Bodmin for the rest of the season, other than our league matches of course. 

30 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

Just want to make it clear from Wendron’s point of view, nothing against Bodmin and what they did on Monday. It’s perfectly ‘legal’ and within any rule book relating to the cup. As I said before, despite the scoreline, I felt it was an evenly balanced game regardless of any name on either team sheet. We more than had our chances with hitting the woodwork 5 times and some other golden changes missed. Bodmin or the neutral may disagree though. The result was as much a product of us as it was to any individual playing for them. 

All the best to Bodmin for the rest of the season, other than our league matches of course. 

Next time ask to sign on 4 or 5 players from mousehole  to help you guys out. 

31 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

Just want to make it clear from Wendron’s point of view, nothing against Bodmin and what they did on Monday. It’s perfectly ‘legal’ and within any rule book relating to the cup. As I said before, despite the scoreline, I felt it was an evenly balanced game regardless of any name on either team sheet. We more than had our chances with hitting the woodwork 5 times and some other golden changes missed. Bodmin or the neutral may disagree though. The result was as much a product of us as it was to any individual playing for them. 

How can you say - " I felt it was evenly balanced game" you was beaten 6-0!! God knows what the score line would have been if it wasn't an "even" affair.

3 hours ago, Greygen said:

How can you say - " I felt it was evenly balanced game" you was beaten 6-0!! God knows what the score line would have been if it wasn't an "even" affair.

Just my thoughts mate, understand it sounds a silly statement but just how I saw things. Your boys/Bodmin were obviously far more clinical. 
All the best 

1 hour ago, WendronOfficial said:

Just my thoughts mate, understand it sounds a silly statement but just how I saw things. Your boys/Bodmin were obviously far more clinical. 
All the best 

Certainly could have been a draw on chances, you can hit a post but not a barn door...lol.

On 04/01/2022 at 15:54, Jeff Chambers said:

Bodmin can have who they like playing for them, not bothered. Wouldn't swap our players for any of them. With JBE, Luke Brabyn, Ollie Walker, Tim Nixon, Alex Wharton, Luke Barner & Jack Bowyer all vying for places in our front 3 we are quite happy. UTT 

heard moxham is tired of playing in ‘boring’ defence and wants to be played higher up also. Better than the all of listed players on wing also, not seen many players with his pace and cross

21 hours ago, Morris Stanley said:

heard moxham is tired of playing in ‘boring’ defence and wants to be played higher up also. Better than the all of listed players on wing also, not seen many players with his pace and cross

Tom is doing great. Was chatting to him after the boxing day game. He's never been happier. Its tough for all the players to get in the side as the squad is so strong, cant imagine Tom was moaning because as full back he gets loads of opportunities to venture forward in this team. 

39 minutes ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Tom is doing great. Was chatting to him after the boxing day game. He's never been happier. Its tough for all the players to get in the side as the squad is so strong, cant imagine Tom was moaning because as full back he gets loads of opportunities to venture forward in this team. 

Would think that given how much they dominate games, the full backs would see plenty of the ball. If anything, it seems that Falmouth concede the odd goal here and there by possibly switching off at the back and getting caught. Something that Andy Westgarth will need to be aware of in the Western League next season.

Don't think Falmouth will be having problems with moaners or unsettled players. The message to any player would be, "if you don't like not playing or how you're used, then it's your right to leave. Best of luck to you, but you'll be taking a downwards move." Town are riding a wave on and off the pitch, they would have no problem bringing in replacements for any doubters.

I think a lot of the Falmouth players wont want to play in the Western league because of the travelling to grounds in Bristol on a cold wet night especially if they got work the next day and have young families , i dont think many of F Troop would want to travel as well and it would be cruel  for Pickachoo to be out on a wet cold night up in Bristol and it would be past his bed time . If the players do stay together they will do very well and it would be a opportunity for JBE to show what a fantastic player he is against better opposition since hes gone to Falmouth he seems to of gone up a level .

14 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I think a lot of the Falmouth players wont want to play in the Western league because of the travelling to grounds in Bristol on a cold wet night especially if they got work the next day and have young families , i dont think many of F Troop would want to travel as well and it would be cruel  for Pickachoo to be out on a wet cold night up in Bristol and it would be past his bed time . If the players do stay together they will do very well and it would be a opportunity for JBE to show what a fantastic player he is against better opposition since hes gone to Falmouth he seems to of gone up a level .

Doesn’t seem to have bothered the Cornish teams that have gone up this year.  

think it’s time some changed the record.  

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Would think that given how much they dominate games, the full backs would see plenty of the ball. If anything, it seems that Falmouth concede the odd goal here and there by possibly switching off at the back and getting caught. Something that Andy Westgarth will need to be aware of in the Western League next season.

Don't think Falmouth will be having problems with moaners or unsettled players. The message to any player would be, "if you don't like not playing or how you're used, then it's your right to leave. Best of luck to you, but you'll be taking a downwards move." Town are riding a wave on and off the pitch, they would have no problem bringing in replacements for any doubters.

Totally agree WOTP. The players we have are really enjoying their football as much as we are enjoying watching them play. There will be ups and downs over the next few years of course, especially if we get promotion and face tougher opposition but thats football. The F-Troop are here to stay, win or lose. 

15 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

We are not promoted yet so not taking anything for granted. A couple of losses and the whole picture changes. The next game is a tough home match Saturday v Dobwalls so thats everyones focus. UTT

Hopefully,  if Falmouth do succeed in gaining promotion then the fixtures will be arranged so that mid-week games are played against Cornish/Devon opponents leaving the games against Bristol area opposition for the weekends. I'm sure that quite a few Town supporters are looking forward to a trip to Bristol. Either an organised coach for a day trip or, on the other hand a weekend away with 2 nights away. I know of one certain YamYam who would jump at the chance! However, let's not jump the gun as there are still some very good opponents to play who would dearly love to stop Falmouth gaining promotion if only to swell their coffers when the F-Troop come visiting. 

55 minutes ago, Jeff Chambers said:

e are not promoted yet so not taking anything for granted. A couple of losses and the whole picture changes. The next game is a tough home match Saturday v Dobwalls so thats everyones focus. UTT

Jeff - whilst every team will play Falmouth as a ‘cup final’ to get the honour of beating them - looking at the remaining fixtures - and meaning no disrespect to other team - having watched them all play only Liskeard, St Blazey, Dobwalls and perhaps a strong Bodmin have a chance of taking any points off Falmouth and in reality you only need to drop 6 less points that Liskeard (who have a lot of hard games left) to be certain of promotion. I am assuming the F Troop have already looked a travel options next season lol.
Will be a loss for the rest of us who enjoy the F Troop - and a ‘surprise’ for a lot of Western League teams. 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

First of all we've not won promotion yet.  We have to take this one game at a time, if or when the points gap means we can't be caught, that's the time to celebrate.  It was put to me on Boxing day that every game is now like a cup final, all the teams are playing for bragging rights.  I know it's been said about how many points would need to be dropped, etc, etc. but it's the points in the bag that count.  As to the players not wanting travel, when I watch the the team play, I see a team hungry for success and prepared to dig in and carve out a win when things aren't going our way.  I think the players have a desire to play at the highest level possible and all credit to them for their efforts.

UTT  🧡🖤

All this talk of travelling to Bristol midweek is overstated as the Toolstation League would not fixture that.

This current season there are 5 Bristol clubs 5 Somerset and 8 from Devon/Cornwall (just like the old SWPL) .

IF- Falmouh were to be promoted its likely to replace Bridport(Dorset) and there is a strong possibility either Bideford or Barnstaple would relegate from the Southern League.

Also a SWPL East side to promote which maybe Torpoint (replacing likely Ashton from Bristol  so I see the Western League far more practicable than in the 70's.80's when Falmouth were last there.

The trend over future seasons is growing into a Devon/Cornwall step 5 League encouraged by the F A restructure. 

4 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Jeff - whilst every team will play Falmouth as a ‘cup final’ to get the honour of beating them - looking at the remaining fixtures - and meaning no disrespect to other team - having watched them all play only Liskeard, St Blazey, Dobwalls and perhaps a strong Bodmin have a chance of taking any points off Falmouth and in reality you only need to drop 6 less points that Liskeard (who have a lot of hard games left) to be certain of promotion. I am assuming the F Troop have already looked a travel options next season lol.
Will be a loss for the rest of us who enjoy the F Troop - and a ‘surprise’ for a lot of Western League teams. 

Fair comment Bobjfh but if Westy took things easy on any team in our league a defeat could happen, thats how he will see it so im sure he will treat every game as a difficult one and make sure the team are really up for it. As far as the F-Troop are concerned all i can say is we are absolutely loving this season. Next season, wherever we are, we will love that also. We hope its the Western League of course but until we have the points in the bag we wont take it for granted.

13 hours ago, Town Fan said:

First of all we've not won promotion yet.  We have to take this one game at a time, if or when the points gap means we can't be caught, that's the time to celebrate.  It was put to me on Boxing day that every game is now like a cup final, all the teams are playing for bragging rights.  I know it's been said about how many points would need to be dropped, etc, etc. but it's the points in the bag that count.  As to the players not wanting travel, when I watch the the team play, I see a team hungry for success and prepared to dig in and carve out a win when things aren't going our way.  I think the players have a desire to play at the highest level possible and all credit to them for their efforts.

UTT  🧡🖤

If they all had the desire to play the they highest level then you would be missing a few players. James Ward should be part of the Truro set up on a permanent basis, perhaps another few that should be at Parkway/Truro too.

12 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

All this talk of travelling to Bristol midweek is overstated as the Toolstation League would not fixture that.

This current season there are 5 Bristol clubs 5 Somerset and 8 from Devon/Cornwall (just like the old SWPL) .

IF- Falmouh were to be promoted its likely to replace Bridport(Dorset) and there is a strong possibility either Bideford or Barnstaple would relegate from the Southern League.

Also a SWPL East side to promote which maybe Torpoint (replacing likely Ashton from Bristol  so I see the Western League far more practicable than in the 70's.80's when Falmouth were last there.

The trend over future seasons is growing into a Devon/Cornwall step 5 League encouraged by the F A restructure. 

As has been posted on here before, the way the Western League is shaping up for next season, around 50% of Falmouth's away matches would either be in Devon or Cornwall. Hardly Filleas Fogg levels of travelling.

Had a look at the Western League of 1974/75 (effectively step 3 in those days), now that would have been grounds to complain about travelling! Out of the 21 clubs in the division,(before the days of Liskeard and Saltash so none in Cornwall), only 5 were in Devon, the closest was Dawlish (not easy to get to by any means), no M5/A30 dual carriageway of course, cars and coaches in those days were nowhere near as fast, comfortable or reliable and no mobile phones or internet for planning routes and dealing with the inevitable breakdowns. I know the majority of the squad were Plymouth based, but they must have felt like pioneers (especially the supporters following them).

Does any one remember that old club motor coach used for the away weekends ?--Charlie Phillips a coach enthusiast and engineer was the driving force behind this cost cutting project.

It chugged along with many stops due to overheating (I can see Keith Manley's wry smile now) but it was a fun journey to the Bristol hotel.

Unfortunately all decorated in Towns colours and the name and emblem on show it drew a lot of negativity at opposing clubs after a Falmouth win and got stoned a few times -I have Weston Super Mare in my mind.

9 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

As has been posted on here before, the way the Western League is shaping up for next season, around 50% of Falmouth's away matches would either be in Devon or Cornwall. Hardly Filleas Fogg levels of travelling.

Had a look at the Western League of 1974/75 (effectively step 3 in those days), now that would have been grounds to complain about travelling! Out of the 21 clubs in the division,(before the days of Liskeard and Saltash so none in Cornwall), only 5 were in Devon, the closest was Dawlish (not easy to get to by any means), no M5/A30 dual carriageway of course, cars and coaches in those days were nowhere near as fast, comfortable or reliable and no mobile phones or internet for planning routes and dealing with the inevitable breakdowns. I know the majority of the squad were Plymouth based, but they must have felt like pioneers (especially the supporters following them).

I remember they used to play 2 away games over a weekend Saturday and Sunday with an overnight stay .unheard of these days .😁

On 06/01/2022 at 16:50, 100%cornish said:

On the contrary, I think any new recruits are joining because they actively want promotion. I’ve known JBE for years and can’t imagine why he’d want to join Falmouth not to try and win promotion?

Absolutely nothing has been won or lost yet and top teams treat every game as a cup final until the title’s a done deal. No one at the club is taking anything for granted, and it’s been a long time since I’ve seen a group of players working so hard for each other. 

F-Troop are incredible and I keep asking myself who wouldn’t want to play at Bickland right now? 

1 hour ago, Tommy Matthews said:

On the contrary, I think any new recruits are joining because they actively want promotion. I’ve known JBE for years and can’t imagine why he’d want to join Falmouth not to try and win promotion?

Absolutely nothing has been won or lost yet and top teams treat every game as a cup final until the title’s a done deal. No one at the club is taking anything for granted, and it’s been a long time since I’ve seen a group of players working so hard for each other. 

F-Troop are incredible and I keep asking myself who wouldn’t want to play at Bickland right now? 

I can see JBE go with Truro next season. You can tell he wants to play higher and what team dont want an amazing ST and all round nice person? Watch the G vs Bodmin tomorrow, I think Bodmin should look at young GK Paterson from G because he’s good or take one of the 4 Newquay keepers if they need a goalie while Dale is hurt. Good luck to all tomorrow.