Sticker

0-3

Launceston

Wadebridge Town

1-2

Newquay

WALTER C PARSON LEAGUE CUP                              

THIRD ROUND                   

Honiton Town                   3-5            Crediton United (after extra time)

Okehampton Argyle         2-0             Falmouth Town

6 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

EAST

Axminster Town                               v              Torpoint Athletic

Bovey Tracey                                     v              Torrington

Holsworthy                                         v              Elburton Villa

Ivybridge Town                                 v              Elmore

Ottery St Mary                                  v              Brixham

Sidmouth Town                                v              Dartmouth

Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police     v              Cullompton Rangers

Torridgeside                                       v              Newton Abbot Spurs

WEST

Camelford                                           v              Callington Town

Liskeard Athletic                               v              Bodmin Town

Penryn Athletic                                 v              Penzance

St Blazey                                              v              Dobwalls

St Dennis                                             v              Wendron United

Sticker                                                  v              Launceston

Wadebridge Town                           v              Newquay

WALTER C PARSON LEAGUE CUP,

THIRD ROUND (both 2.00pm)

Honiton Town                                   v              Crediton United

Okehampton Argyle                       v              Falmouth Town

Top of SWPL EAST V TOP SWPL WEST . Can't wait for this one .

1 hour ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

away day at Wadebridge tomorrow. last week wasn’t great looking forward to seeing heaton in goal and Bradshaw at left back. Both great to watch think all Newquay supporters ejoy watch them play week in week out. Will miss the main man whipp. Up the peppermints 3 points 

You’re in a minority of 1 there, but you never know.

Very unsavoury scenes at Blaise Park. 

St. Blazey lose again, disgruntled supporters confrontation with a Dobwalls player  who had been sent off.

Looked from where I was Phil & players also had words.

Dobwalls player looks to of had the last laugh though leaving with 3 points. 

Blazey players letting Phil down badly now, with his time & investment, touted to win the win the league by many at the seasons start, I am hearing he has had enough of a certain few players not strong enough in games, & letting the side down. 

40 minutes ago, silly billy said:

First proper test for Falmouth with the best players in the county..............and they fail miserably. 🤣

Oakhampton argyle are a very good team to be fair. 

Bodmin have taken another beating . Players sin Binned .  Was expecting Levi landricombe to make a difference but even he struggling for goals. Tough times at minute 

33 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Very unsavoury scenes at Blaise Park. 

St. Blazey lose again, disgruntled supporters confrontation with a Dobwalls player  who had been sent off.

Looked from where I was Phil & players also had words.

Dobwalls player looks to of had the last laugh though leaving with 3 points. 

Blazey players letting Phil down badly now, with his time & investment, touted to win the win the league by many at the seasons start, I am hearing he has had enough of a certain few players not strong enough in games, & letting the side down. 

Obviously invested in the wrong players, too many players past their prime and relying on past reputations rather than ability, future and sustainability. Can see blazey going same way as bodmin ⬇️

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 22 January 2022

Ok heres my report from the match i watched this afternoon , took a trip to see Wadebidge vs Newquay really entertaining game .Wadebridge look a lot better team now they nearly back to full strength and what a great signing Chris Reski is he was class all afternoon .Wadebridge should of gone 1-0 up early on through Jacob Smale but he badly missed but he did put the Bridgers 1-0 up when Jacob Grange lost possesion and Smale took the ball off him and beat Jack Heaton with a fine shot , Newquay equalised with if there was a goal of the season Ross Fallens would win it he hit a volley at a angle and what a goal it was they wont be calling him Ross Fallens anymore it will be Van Basten hell of a goal by  a hell of a player . Newquay had 2 new players on show Bradley Leivers and he was brilliant all afternoon great signing for Newquay ,and Dan McGee there other new signing  from Bodmin who came on as a sub and played well ,Bodmin must be in a bad way if they leave players of his and Jordan Bentley go . I was on the way home when i heard that Newquay had won 2-1 with the winning goal deep into injury time by sub Marcellis . Matt Lloyd had a quiet game where Ash Bradshaw had him in his pocket all afternoon like he has in previous encounters this season .Lots of Niggly fouls and a bad 1 for Wadebridge player Sam Gerken who had to leave the pitch injured . My mom has got to be Ross Fallens hes a brilliant player but it was close between him and Bradley Leivers who was outstanding , and similair to Wadebridge between Chris Reski and Sam Wickens but i got to give it to Reski his passing was brilliant big loss for Blazey to let him go . The ref and his assistants where excellent and controlled the game well . Hard Luck on Wadebridge but a good 3 points for Newquay but a draw would of been the right result 

17 hours ago, baldy said:

You’re in a minority of 1 there, but you never know.

How come you think that. Watched today thought both players were very good again fink NQY will be fine with young Jack Heaton from now in if Ashton doesn’t come back to NQY when no longer injurd also Bradshaw done brilliant since Moxham left both players pleasure to watch and loyal NQY. Some great football today Marcellis showed how good he is he will score goals if can get more game time. Great game Ross Mom 

Camelford 0-2 Callington

First half saw Callington win every 50/50 tackle and they were the team who wanted it far more - I would say Camelford played poorly but I must give credit to Callington - they have definitely turned a corner - well organised / coached and a team that work hard for each other. Callington scored direct from a corner - how that happens? Camelford had one chance to level from a header but cleared at a scramble. 0-1 HT

Second half saw Camelford totally dominate possession but created no real chances - and when pushing everyone forward for the equaliser where caught with a last second break to concede a quality finish and loose 0-2. Neither goalie actually had anything to do all game and I can’t have any complaints with Callington taking the points - in total Camelford created two chance and Callington created one and a soft goal. There are a few Camels played who hid against a team who wanted it more. 
Callington have massively improved - nice to actually say their coaching staff were great today and they have built a good hard working team with some quality players - good luck to them. 
Camels seem to have lost the mojo over the last couple of months and will need to pick it up against Liskeard next week. 

F Troop-Still noisy singing and drumming when I left -no casualties.

Making a rare view on Falmouth but was  disappointed when I was confident of a  close win, beforhand.

Okehampton totally  deserved the tie not allowing  Falmouth to play their passing game by snapping away at every contact and it made me think this could be the norm if getting to the Western League.

Okehampton were much more street wise than  Falmouth who  barely had more than three attempts on target and about the same number of corners.

I expected Falmouth  (losing 0-1) at H/T  to come out and lay seige to the home goal but most play was at the other end and town's buzz in midfield petered out.

Best for me Toby Clark the overworked Town defender and the busy Jack bray Evans tried every trick in the book to get free without sucess.

A cup tie with three bookings each and a Red card for Andreas.--The highlight for me was the special award (SWPL tie) to Pikachu (mascot)  by SWPl officials (Phil Hiscox.Tracy Banfield and Miike petit) for his recovery from last week.

Att.Est.240

Thats enough football talk for me to day-now going down the local for a pint where they talk Rugby in Camborne.

32 minutes ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

How come you think that. Watched today thought both players were very good again fink NQY will be fine with young Jack Heaton from now in if Ashton doesn’t come back to NQY when no longer injurd also Bradshaw done brilliant since Moxham left both players pleasure to watch and loyal NQY. Some great football today Marcellis showed how good he is he will score goals if can get more game time. Great game Ross Mom 

I was referring to the predictions. One late away win vote.

9 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

F Troop-Still noisy singing and drumming when I left -no casualties.

Making a rare view on Falmouth but was  disappointed when I was confident of a  close win, beforhand.

Okehampton totally  deserved the tie not allowing  Falmouth to play their passing game by snapping away at every contact and it made me think this could be the norm if getting to the Western League.

Okehampton were much more street wise than  Falmouth who  barely had more than three attempts on goal and about the same number of corners.

I expected Falmouth  (losing 0-1) to come out and lay seige to the home goal but most play was at the other end and town's buzz in midfield petered out.

Best for me Toby Clark the overworked Town defender and the busy Jack bray Evans tried every trick in the book to get free without sucess.

A cup tie with three bookings each and a Red card for Andreas.--The highlight for me was the special award (SWPL tie) to Pikachu (mascot)  by SWPl officials (Phil Hiscox.Tracy Banfield and Miike petit) for his recovery from last week.

Falmouth making the most of dominating a pretty average league, will be a different story if they step up into the western league with teams much more tactically astute and aware, maybe they could swap with Helston next season ?

30 minutes ago, le boss said:

Pikachoo found another tough woman and someone pinched the plug from their boom box. As Simon & Garfunkel once said “this is the sound of silence”  That’s twice this season - last time was Buckland away🤔🤔🤔

We're  fine thanks bash ,coach has just got back to the clubhouse . Mike Odgers has pretty much summed it all up .complacency crept in ,okehampton wanted it more than us ,quicker on the ball ,better passing ,closed us down quickly and had done their homework on us .The better team won end of .Great banter between the fans in the clubhouse after . Helston losing again cheered us up .I think Mr massey said he doesn't lose 3 games on the trot ,think that's 4 now . Will he be sacking himself in the morning ?🤔 😁

1 minute ago, mattelot said:

We're  fine thanks bash ,coach has just got back to the clubhouse . Mike Odgers has pretty much summed it all up .complacency crept in ,okehampton wanted it more than us ,quicker on the ball ,better passing ,closed us down quickly and had done their homework on us .The better team won end of .Great banter between the fans in the clubhouse after . Helston losing again cheered us up .I think Mr massey said he doesn't lose 3 games on the trot ,think that's 4 now . Will he be sacking himself in the morning ?🤔 😁

Careful…. they may come knocking on a certain Mr Westgarth’s door if things don’t improve over at “Fortress” Kellaway 

9 minutes ago, mattelot said:

This why  respects Falmouth not scared to put hands up when don’t perform Oke must be good to keep a clean sheet against those striker options 

Very interesting scenes at Blazey…just when you think you have seen it all…Dobwalls player sent off for a second yellow and refused to leave the field of play..latterly went and sat in the dugout (not allowed!) and then at the end of the game walked “through “ the Blazey dugout jeering and goading the home players and management. Will be very interesting to hear what the CCFA make of the official’s performance?? 

4 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

Good indicator today that maybe the East division of SWPL stronger than the West ? 

Good spuddling - but a big difference in a cup game. All non Falmouth fans knew there would be a day when Falmouth didn’t perform and their opponents did - Falmouth still a great team and imo put the top 5 in West against  against top five East and the West is stronger - shame the restructure of league a few year ago didn’t allow that to be tested. 

7 minutes ago, Greenandblack said:

Very interesting scenes at Blazey…just when you think you have seen it all…Dobwalls player sent off for a second yellow and refused to leave the field of play..latterly went and sat in the dugout (not allowed!) and then at the end of the game walked “through “ the Blazey dugout jeering and goading the home players and management. Will be very interesting to hear what the CCFA make of the official’s performance?? 

Let me get this straight youve just stated really poor behaviour about a Dobwalls player but youre questioning the performance of the refs... Ooooohhhkayyyy

2 minutes ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

This why  respects Falmouth not scared to put hands up when don’t perform Oke must be good to keep a clean sheet against those striker options 

Okehampton were excellent today. Have to say that much better than any team in the West league. If Torpoint beat them to the title, then they will be strong in the Western League next year.

As Mike Odgers said, Falmouth just couldn't get going today... and were not allowed to.  Okehampton seemed to win every second ball and seemed more streetwise and stronger. It was a bit of a re-run of the Buckland loss.

Town had too many players out of form today and hardly strung two passes together in the 2nd half. Early substitutions were made but it didn't improve things. In fact, one of them got sent off! No one around the ground, including the ref, seemed to see it but the lino intervened. There was adjudged to have been an elbow and the Town player was off. To be fair, it didn't change anything as Town didn't look like getting back in the game anyway. The same lino had a very active flagging arm in the first half whilst judging off-sides against the Town forwards but it must have got tired in the 2nd half!

Town conceded very early on with I believe a James Ward own goal. Town did cause Okehampton a few problems in the first half although they also rode their luck a bit at the back and many of the Town fans were relieved to only be one down at half-time. 

We all thought Town would improve 2nd half down the slope but it wasn't to be. Okehampton scored at the near post from a corner and could have had more through the half.

As previously mentioned on this thread, Town will have to adjust to the increased physicality of the Western League when/ if they get promoted.

Another reality check for TOWN but hopefully it will focus them for the remainder of the season. 

We are still on for a league and Senior Cup double! 

11 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Good spuddling - but a big difference in a cup game. All non Falmouth fans knew there would be a day when Falmouth didn’t perform and their opponents did - Falmouth still a great team and imo put the top 5 in West against  against top five East and the West is stronger - shame the restructure of league a few year ago didn’t allow that to be tested. 

I would disagree and feel the West would be a much more competitive league with the likes of okehampton, torpoint, newton spurs, Ivybridge. Compared to two teams in Falmouth and Liskeard running away at the top. 
but as you say, the restructuring doesn’t allow us to compare directly, so all we have to go on is cup games 

14 minutes ago, BrummyBarry said:

Let me get this straight youve just stated really poor behaviour about a Dobwalls player but youre questioning the performance of the refs... Ooooohhhkayyyy

Yep… he was the guilty party BUT shouldn’t have been there if the officials had ensured he went for an early bath…simples 🤔🤔

11 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

I would disagree and feel the West would be a much more competitive league with the likes of okehampton, torpoint, newton spurs, Ivybridge. Compared to two teams in Falmouth and Liskeard running away at the top. 
but as you say, the restructuring doesn’t allow us to compare directly, so all we have to go on is cup games 

Quicksilver - I know what you are saying as the West best team got beaten by an East team, so easy comparison. But looking at the East There are 4/5 decent team and in the West two are standing up but you can’t compare leagues on one game. Torpoint will win the East - yet a weakened Camelford beat a full strength Torpoint 5-0 with ease in a pre season (for what pre season is worth) - my point is more that one league - a proper SWPL League would. be equally competitive with both East and West. 

26 minutes ago, quiksilver said:

East stronger than West without doubt. Both Okehampton & Torpoint are stronger than anything in the West. 

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Camelford 0-2 Callington

First half saw Callington win every 50/50 tackle and they were the team who wanted it far more - I would say Camelford played poorly but I must give credit to Callington - they have definitely turned a corner - well organised / coached and a team that work hard for each other. Callington scored direct from a corner - how that happens? Camelford had one chance to level from a header but cleared at a scramble. 0-1 HT

Second half saw Camelford totally dominate possession but created no real chances - and when pushing everyone forward for the equaliser where caught with a last second break to concede a quality finish and loose 0-2. Neither goalie actually had anything to do all game and I can’t have any complaints with Callington taking the points - in total Camelford created two chance and Callington created one and a soft goal. There are a few Camels played who hid against a team who wanted it more. 
Callington have massively improved - nice to actually say their coaching staff were great today and they have built a good hard working team with some quality players - good luck to them. 
Camels seem to have lost the mojo over the last couple of months and will need to pick it up against Liskeard next week. 

Thank you for the kind words, we have been good of late, agree with your assesment, we did hit the bar twice aswell mind 👀🤣 all the best if you are who i think you are nice chatting earlier, Shaun Callington Town

4 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

East stronger than West without doubt. Both Okehampton & Torpoint are stronger than anything in the West. 

Not really . Would say Falmouth or liskeard are equally as good and could hold thier own . It comes down to how you play on the day . I mean torpoint prob have 1 of the best strike forces in that league or above. I mean Ryan Richard would be playing southern league football if he could commit to the travel with parkway.oakhampton argyle have players that played for Tiverton etc. 
both okhampton argyle and torpoint would prob beat Saltash , helston etc  

but then you could say the same about both Falmouth and liskeard  

judge next year if Falmouth can hold their own and think they will  be fine 

1 minute ago, sportsman10 said:

Not really . Would say Falmouth or liskeard are equally as good and could hold thier own . It comes down to how you play on the day . I mean torpoint prob have 1 of the best strike forces in that league or above. I mean Ryan Richard would be playing southern league football if he could commit to the travel with parkway.oakhampton argyle have players that played for Tiverton etc. 
both okhampton argyle and torpoint would prob beat Saltash , helston etc  

but then you could say the same about both Falmouth and liskeard  

judge next year if Falmouth can hold their own and think they will  be fine 

I don't believe Falmouth will take promotion. Just my thoughts. 

9 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

The two standout teams in East are Torpoint and Brixham. The rest are no better than your average West teams. For me, Torpoint are head and shoulders above the rest, yet they lost to Liskeard earlier this season. 

St Blazey Dobwalls 

update Dobwalls player attacked by Lafferty after 10 man Dobwalls finish off St Blazey 2/1 

referee sent Dobwalls player off for 2 yellows who then joined in celebrations on Dobwalls winner from Baude ! 

same player walking off past dug out on route to gate attacked by St Blazey manager punch thrown and pushed player to floor 

you couldn’t make this up !! 

Actions pending on violent attack and look forward to hear what CFA respond with !! !!

following Dobwalls winner game continued  and lafferty sent off but remained in dug out! 

Personally think it’s unfair to blame Blazey players who rallied strongly and against 10 men and every player worked socks off 

Dobwalls finished clinically with less opportunities and Fyneboy maze run finished the game with Baudes corner finish!

Blazey touted to be league contenders but with a manager who attacks players should not be allowed in football ! How long before he attacks the refs or fans ! 

disgraceful behaviour in front of children and spectators the man is a loose cannon !! 

great entertainment and worth the money 

we’ll done  Dobwalls deserved win !!

18 minutes ago, Sv85 said:

Thank you for the kind words, we have been good of late, agree with your assesment, we did hit the bar twice aswell mind 👀🤣 all the best if you are who i think you are nice chatting earlier, Shaun Callington Town

18 minutes ago, Sv85 said:

Shaun - fairly certain you have the right person. Credit where it’s due - you guys have turned the corners- without disrespect to former managers  - right people get the right results. 

22 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Quicksilver - I know what you are saying as the West best team got beaten by an East team, so easy comparison. But looking at the East There are 4/5 decent team and in the West two are standing up but you can’t compare leagues on one game. Torpoint will win the East - yet a weakened Camelford beat a full strength Torpoint 5-0 with ease in a pre season (for what pre season is worth) - my point is more that one league - a proper SWPL League would. be equally competitive with both East and West. 

Bob. I can’t say I know much about either side, nor was I at that game, but again you’ve stated how under strength you were and that it was pre season. You must follow a lot of teams to know they’re full strength or not by the way. You also say cup games are a one off.

Results that do matter, Torpoint 1-0 Callington, and it was well publicised on here that Torpoint rotated heavily. You lost to them today. We’re you “under strength” again?

This is about Okehampton. They won today and it seems likely we’ll be welcoming either them, Torpoint or Brixham into the Western League next year. Can’t see you anywhere near joining, as your false position is at stake, behind a fantastic club like Wendron, who with no disrespect intended, were miles behind you no too long ago. St Blazey aren’t having a great time as they should be on paper. yet they can catch you and beat you recently. Newquay aren’t having a great time of late, and they’re right on you with Dobwalls likely to go above you too. You’re not a top 5 side, let them comment how each league compares. 

To be fair that dobwalls player is sent off and shouldn’t be anywhere near the team celebrating or on the Feild of play. . Not condoning anything else that went on but maybe him strolling past the dug out possibly winding people up has caused the issue. 
sounds very poor on both teams to be honest with kids watching. 

25 minutes ago, Wes said:

St Blazey Dobwalls 

update Dobwalls player attacked by Lafferty after 10 man Dobwalls finish off St Blazey 2/1 

referee sent Dobwalls player off for 2 yellows who then joined in celebrations on Dobwalls winner from Baude ! 

same player walking off past dug out on route to gate attacked by St Blazey manager punch thrown and pushed player to floor 

you couldn’t make this up !! 

Actions pending on violent attack and look forward to hear what CFA respond with !! !!

following Dobwalls winner game continued  and lafferty sent off but remained in dug out! 

Personally think it’s unfair to blame Blazey players who rallied strongly and against 10 men and every player worked socks off 

Dobwalls finished clinically with less opportunities and Fyneboy maze run finished the game with Baudes corner finish!

Blazey touted to be league contenders but with a manager who attacks players should not be allowed in football ! How long before he attacks the refs or fans ! 

disgraceful behaviour in front of children and spectators the man is a loose cannon !! 

great entertainment and worth the money 

we’ll done  Dobwalls deserved win !!

Very interesting version of events …I love local football….was Tempe player who had been sent off still in the dugout?? End of !!!

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Ok heres my report from the match i watched this afternoon , took a trip to see Wadebidge vs Newquay really entertaining game .

Wadebridge look a lot better team now they nearly back to full strength and what a great signing Chris Reski is he was class all afternoon .

Wadebridge should of gone 1-0 up early on through Jacob Smale but he badly missed but he did put the Bridgers 1-0 up when Jacob Grange lost possesion and Smale took the ball off him and beat Jack Heaton with a fine shot ,

Newquay equalised with if there was a goal of the season Ross Fallens would win it he hit a volley at a angle and what a goal it was they wont be calling him Ross Fallens anymore it will be Van Basten hell of a goal by  a hell of a player .

Newquay had 2 new players on show Bradley Leivers and he was brilliant all afternoon great signing for Newquay ,and Dan McGee there other new signing  from Bodmin who came on as a sub and played well ,Bodmin must be in a bad way if they leave players of his and Jordan Bentley go .

I was on the way home when i heard that Newquay had won 2-1 with the winning goal deep into injury time by sub Marcellis . Matt Lloyd had a quiet game where Ash Bradshaw had him in his pocket all afternoon like he has in previous encounters this season .

Lots of Niggly fouls and a bad 1 for Wadebridge player Sam Gerken who had to leave the pitch injured .

My mom has got to be Ross Fallens hes a brilliant player but it was close between him and Bradley Leivers who was outstanding , and similair to Wadebridge between Chris Reski and Sam Wickens but i got to give it to Reski his passing was brilliant big loss for Blazey to let him go .

The ref and his assistants where excellent and controlled the game well . Hard Luck on Wadebridge but a good 3 points for Newquay but a draw would of been the right result 

Made it easier for people to read 

NEWQUAYS ROSS FALLENS SCORED A WORLDY TODAY VS WADEBRIDGE IF THERE WAS A GOAL OF THE SEASON THIS WOULD OF BEEN IT VERY MARCO VAN BASTEN LIKE A HELL OF A GOAL BY  A BRILLIANT PLAYER 

DSCN5268.JPG

Ok St Darren i will just write the teams and scores in future  some people criticise me whatever i write dont know why i bother really some people think  must think they are back in the bloody classroom ,i will keep it brief in future 

1 hour ago, John Davies said:

Bob. I can’t say I know much about either side, nor was I at that game, but again you’ve stated how under strength you were and that it was pre season. You must follow a lot of teams to know they’re full strength or not by the way. You also say cup games are a one off.

Results that do matter, Torpoint 1-0 Callington, and it was well publicised on here that Torpoint rotated heavily. You lost to them today. We’re you “under strength” again?

This is about Okehampton. They won today and it seems likely we’ll be welcoming either them, Torpoint or Brixham into the Western League next year. Can’t see you anywhere near joining, as your false position is at stake, behind a fantastic club like Wendron, who with no disrespect intended, were miles behind you no too long ago. St Blazey aren’t having a great time as they should be on paper. yet they can catch you and beat you recently. Newquay aren’t having a great time of late, and they’re right on you with Dobwalls likely to go above you too. You’re not a top 5 side, let them comment how each league compares. 

John - if I’ve said something to upset you or your team, it was unintended. My point was that imo East / West are no different both have teams that can compete against each other - and you can’t judge it on one game - as some comments have suggested. I won’t respond on you other points, we are all to our own views - feel free to have a chat when hopefully our two teams play lol

ps - my last post on the forum