Bodmin Town      P-P        Sticker

Godolphin Atlantic  0-3  Wendron United

Launceston            P-P          Dobwalls

Liskeard Athletic      P-P       Penzance

Newquay      P-P       St Austell

St Blazey              P-P        Camelford

St Dennis             P-P         Falmouth Town

Wadebridge Town    P-P  Penryn Athletic

Newquay first to be called off with the clubs using the Severe Weather protocol allowed by the league.

But who will be the last? East and West?

I’m going with Axminster (East) and St Blazey (West)

Order of postponing:-

FRIDAY:-

Newquay

Wadebridge

St Dennis 

Honiton

Launceston

Holsworthy

SATURDAY:-

Axminster

Okehampton

Bodmin

St Blazey

Liskeard

Torridgeside

OSM

Brixham

8 minutes ago, Quiet Man said:

If the rain holds off, this wind should dry the grounds out, Dave. Would have thought delaying the decision to call a game off until tomorrow would make sense.

That was my thinking. Winds doing the pitches good. How a game can be called off today when forecast tomorrow is different and winds half the speed! 

9 minutes ago, Quiet Man said:

If the rain holds off, this wind should dry the grounds out, Dave. Would have thought delaying the decision to call a game off until tomorrow would make sense.

But with red warnings until this afternoon, amber until 9pm, and yellow until tomorrow night, it maybe a big ask to prep everything and make sure everyone involved can move around safely!

The wind speeds around newquay are still meant to be around 40mph tomorrow afternoon.

Safety first must surely be the case!

32 minutes ago, Quiet Man said:

Fair comment but I think getting on pitches has been an issue all week.

The days are gone when a game wouldn’t be called off until as late as possible! 

35 minutes ago, John Mead said:

For pitches used last Saturday, there's been no opportunity to do any meaningful repair work this week. A sensible decision to allow postponements but not one which would have been taken lightly - nor without considering all circumstances.

I walked on our pitch yesterday, not a chance after liquefing it last Saturday. 

The worst type of damage you can do to a pitch is to mash (liquefy) it up, you break off all the root systems losing stability and drainage, you now have wait until the grass re-roots to get any sort of surface back. 

Play on it too early and you will lose a lot of grass and give yourself a big end of season repair bill for re-seeding!

1 hour ago, St George said:

Heard Newquay were really struggling for a side tomorrow with players away on a Stag Weekend and had already tried moving the fixture and were having to pull heavily from their ECPL side! No wonder they wasted no time in calling the game off!!!!

I remember the days when you didn't get married during the football season, and also when the stag night was a skinful in the local the night before (traffic cone on head and half eaten Chinese takeaway down shirt/in pockets on the way home is optional).

47 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I walked on our pitch yesterday, not a chance after liquefing it last Saturday. 

The worst type of damage you can do to a pitch is to mash (liquefy) it up, you break off all the root systems losing stability and drainage, you now have wait until the grass re-roots to get any sort of surface back. 

Play on it too early and you will lose a lot of grass and give yourself a big end of season repair bill for re-seeding!

Dave, would be nice your Secretary to notify the ref for tomorrow's  Combo Cup game of the current situation or to even confirm the appointment.  Just saying.😊

1 hour ago, Pitty said:

Does anyone think sometimes that whilst we concentrate on the wet stuff buggering up pitches actually wind should be in the criteria for a cancellation because If it’s blowing 45mph what’s the point in even trying to play a game  🤷🏻‍♂️

Nothing worse than a big wind for boogering up football. 

6 hours ago, Pitty said:

Does anyone think sometimes that whilst we concentrate on the wet stuff buggering up pitches actually wind should be in the criteria for a cancellation because If it’s blowing 45mph what’s the point in even trying to play a game  🤷🏻‍♂️

Totally agree, called off a game a couple of seasons ago where roof tiles were flying off a house on the approach to the pitch.  Wind measured at 60mph by NCI, it would have been a lottery not a football match. Home Team weren't happy.

22 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

SWPL
EAST

Axminster Town   P-P     Plymouth Marjon

Brixham       v          Cullompton Rangers

Holsworthy        P-P          Torpoint Athletic

Honiton Town   P-P  Newton Abbot Spurs

Okehampton Argyle        P-P        Elmore

Ottery St Mary    v          Ivybridge Town

Stoke Gabriel & TP   v          Torrington

Torridgeside       v          Sidmouth Town

WEST

Bodmin Town      v          Sticker

Godolphin Atlantic  v Wendron United

Launceston            P-P          Dobwalls

Liskeard Athletic      v          Penzance

Newquay      P-P       St Austell

St Blazey               v          Camelford

St Dennis             P-P         Falmouth Town

Wadebridge Town    P-P  Penryn Athletic

Newquay first to be called off with the clubs using the Severe Weather protocol allowed by the league.

But who will be the last? East and West?

I’m going with Axminster (East) and St Blazey (West)

Order of postponing:-

FRIDAY:-

Newquay

Wadebridge

St Dennis 

Honiton

Launceston

Holsworthy

SATURDAY:-

Axminster

Okehampton

Just seen Helstons game at Cadbury Heath is off . Is stu bowker making his way to Bodmin desperate to get the game on ? 🤔

Just seen the Godolphin vs Wendron match is on , Tania and her band of helpers have worked wonders to get the match on these people do not get the praise they deserve Tania is Godolphin through and through she is brilliant . Good job the weather forced the cancel of the Newquay match vs St Austell but why dont they tell the truth they couldnt get a team due to most of the players attending a Stag due i was told this earlier in the week from my old Friend in St Austell who we shared many hospital appointments together.

I was told by my St Austell friend Newquay couldnt get a team he also said St Austell where struggling for a team also because severel of there players where on a stag do as well same 1 as the Newquay players i was also told this by a Newquay supporter . 

Come along to Godolphin Way to watch the G take on a very good Wendron Team i watched them last weekend at Wadebridge and i could see a weakness in there defence and can be caught out with players running at them so Matt Walker and Fran Penberthy for the G to attack on the wings no good lumpin it down the middle the 3 centrehalfs gobbled every ball up and Matt Lloyd hardly had a kick all afternoon for the Bridge . 

Come along and get your football fix rain will be gone by then

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Just seen the Godolphin vs Wendron match is on , Tania and her band of helpers have worked wonders to get the match on these people do not get the praise they deserve Tania is Godolphin through and through she is brilliant . Good job the weather forced the cancel of the Newquay match vs St Austell but why dont they tell the truth they couldnt get a team due to most of the players attending a Stag due i was told this earlier in the week from my old Friend in St Austell who we shared many hospital appointments together.

I was told by my St Austell friend Newquay couldnt get a team he also said St Austell where struggling for a team also because severel of there players where on a stag do as well same 1 as the Newquay players i was also told this by a Newquay supporter . 

Come along to Godolphin Way to watch the G take on a very good Wendron Team i watched them last weekend at Wadebridge and i could see a weakness in there defence and can be caught out with players running at them so Matt Walker and Fran Penberthy for the G to attack on the wings no good lumpin it down the middle the 3 centrehalfs gobbled every ball up and Matt Lloyd hardly had a kick all afternoon for the Bridge . 

Come along and get your football fix rain will be gone by then

St austell definitely weren’t short of players today though 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 19 February 2022

Went and watched the G take on WENDRON ,they where not at there best and lost 3-0 and it could of been a lot more with awful finishing from the WENDRON players 1 hitting the crossbar from about 5 yards out and some bad misses and great goalkeeping from Dan Peters . Wendron went 1-0 up at HT from a Charlie Young 

goal , in the 2nd half they got a pen which Scott Palmer just managed to get past Dan . 

Wendron scored there 3rd goal right at the end from a brilliant free kickfrom Jack Stocker  which the ref gave in many of his strange decisions i thought he had a awful game i usually praise the officials but not these 3 . When i saw the Wendron side and saw Fred Walter on the bench i thought that was a strange decision because he was brilliant last week vs Wadebridge  Wendron had young Billy Stone playing and i thought he was excellent . Met some lovely people again at the match ans Smokie had lots of fuss made over him as usual which he loves . I think football Legend Dave Deacon was standing near me but im not sure took a photo of him anyway and will put on the Cornish Soccer site after i have edited all the photos i took this afternoon .    Mom for the G only player who i thought had a good game was Dan Peters but im not giving it to him  im given it to Tania Semmens for gettin the pitch fit to play on and she did  marvellous job Well done Young Lady Mom for Wendron Lucas Potts did so much work in the middle of the pitch . 

Wendron are a fine team play lovely football just a pity the G didnt have there full 1st team out they would of given them a tougher game .   Hard luck on the G but onto next weeks match think i will be going off to St Dennis next weekend to see them play Liskeard . Thankyou Tania for making it possible to get out of the flat and watch the match just a pity about the result and performance from the players but they cant be brilliant every week 

Conditions at Godolphin were excellent for this afternoon’s game with the pitch looking as fresh as in September and the sun shining all the way through the first half on a crowd of maybe 40 or so.

Wendron were well worth their 0-3 win hitting the woodwork twice in addition to the 3 goals, the first early in the first half by Charlie Young from open play, the second early in the second half a Scott Palmer penalty and the third a well-hit Jack Stocker free kick with the last kick of the game.

The penalty also provided the comic highlight of the game as Palmer tripped over either his own feet or the ball - or quite possibly both - as he went to take it but somehow the mishit ball dribbled just past the keeper who had already committed to his dive.

2 hours ago, Lannowethian said:

Conditions at Godolphin were excellent for this afternoon’s game with the pitch looking as fresh as in September and the sun shining all the way through the first half on a crowd of maybe 40 or so.

Wendron were well worth their 0-3 win hitting the woodwork twice in addition to the 3 goals, the first early in the first half by Charlie Young from open play, the second early in the second half a Scott Palmer penalty and the third a well-hit Jack Stocker free kick with the last kick of the game.

The penalty also provided the comic highlight of the game as Palmer tripped over either his own feet or the ball - or quite possibly both - as he went to take it but somehow the mishit ball dribbled just past the keeper who had already committed to his dive.

Mishit shot? Was it a shit shot or a miss hit shot 💩💩

On 19/02/2022 at 18:23, 100%cornish said:

Went and watched the G take on WENDRON ,they where not at there best and lost 3-0 and it could of been a lot more with awful finishing from the WENDRON players 1 hitting the crossbar from about 5 yards out and some bad misses and great goalkeeping from Dan Peters . Wendron went 1-0 up at HT from a Charlie Young 

goal , in the 2nd half they got a pen which Scott Palmer just managed to get past Dan . 

Wendron scored there 3rd goal right at the end from a brilliant free kickfrom Jack Stocker  which the ref gave in many of his strange decisions i thought he had a awful game i usually praise the officials but not these 3 . When i saw the Wendron side and saw Fred Walter on the bench i thought that was a strange decision because he was brilliant last week vs Wadebridge  Wendron had young Billy Stone playing and i thought he was excellent . Met some lovely people again at the match ans Smokie had lots of fuss made over him as usual which he loves . I think football Legend Dave Deacon was standing near me but im not sure took a photo of him anyway and will put on the Cornish Soccer site after i have edited all the photos i took this afternoon .    Mom for the G only player who i thought had a good game was Dan Peters but im not giving it to him  im given it to Tania Semmens for gettin the pitch fit to play on and she did  marvellous job Well done Young Lady Mom for Wendron Lucas Potts did so much work in the middle of the pitch . 

Wendron are a fine team play lovely football just a pity the G didnt have there full 1st team out they would of given them a tougher game .   Hard luck on the G but onto next weeks match think i will be going off to St Dennis next weekend to see them play Liskeard . Thankyou Tania for making it possible to get out of the flat and watch the match just a pity about the result and performance from the players but they cant be brilliant every week 

If u give promise to give st Dennis a decent write up I'll let u in for free Steve 😜

Cant promise that Dave i think it will be a hammering i cant really say St Dennis play well if they loose 10 nil and i would not want to come in for free Dave clubs need all the money they can get see you on Saurday hope its not peeing down I think you  may need to go to a DIY store to board up your goal i think Mr LORENZ OF Liskeard could have a field day . I thiink St Dennis is a lovely club and nice people there hope they can get out of trouble 

On 23/02/2022 at 10:02, 100%cornish said:

Cant promise that Dave i think it will be a hammering i cant really say St Dennis play well if they loose 10 nil and i would not want to come in for free Dave clubs need all the money they can get see you on Saurday hope its not peeing down I think you  may need to go to a DIY store to board up your goal i think Mr LORENZ OF Liskeard could have a field day . I thiink St Dennis is a lovely club and nice people there hope they can get out of trouble 

Here's to hoping we win 3-0 then Steve lol

Just Hope its a good game and St Dennis put up a good fight they need to stop Max Gilbert everything goes from him hes a great player , Liskeard are a good side but all teams can be beaten on there day i saw St Dennis a St AUSTELL earlier in the season and they where excellent . Ryan Holland will have to be at his best on Saturday hes a really good goalie .St Dennis is not the same without the 3 Rickard lads playing .Looking forward to the match going to be a nice day but will be leaving before the end to get back and watch the Rugby .Come and say Hello Dave i will be down botton end clicking away with my camera . Get Angel Coates back for this game to mark Lorenz 

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Just Hope its a good game and St Dennis put up a good fight they need to stop Max Gilbert everything goes from him hes a great player , Liskeard are a good side but all teams can be beaten on there day i saw St Dennis a St AUSTELL earlier in the season and they where excellent . Ryan Holland will have to be at his best on Saturday hes a really good goalie .St Dennis is not the same without the 3 Rickard lads playing .Looking forward to the match going to be a nice day but will be leaving before the end to get back and watch the Rugby .Come and say Hello Dave i will be down botton end clicking away with my camera . Get Angel Coates back for this game to mark Lorenz 

Tbh angel would struggle to mark me out the game n I'm nearly 43 Steve 🤣🤣 I'd rather have his dad playing but he costs too much 💰💰