WALTER C PARSON LEAGUE CUP

QUARTER FINAL              

Elburton Villa                   4-0         Crediton United

Torpoint Athletic             3-2          Liskeard Athletic

RGB CORNWALL SENIOR CUP

SEMI FINAL

Falmouth Town               4-1          Dobwalls

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday 15 March 2022

A tight game, not much in it. Falmouth set up perfectly, sat back & killed Dobwalls on the counter. Falmouth were clinical in front of goal & defended well. 4-0 at half time & coasted the 2nd half, Dobwalls pulled 1 back in the last 5 mins & also had a man sent for a shocking challenge & a few yellows in that time. Think Bray-Evans had a hat trick, he was Falmouth's star player along with the centre halves Annear & Ward. 99 for Dobwalls was different class too but was lucky to only get a yellow for dissent as he was on the ref all game. 

Falmouth Town 4. Dobwalls 1.

Game was over as a spectacle after about half an hour when Town went 3 up.  A surprising turn of events as many of us were expecting a much tighter contest. Defensive mistakes from Dobwalls and clinical finishing from Town combined was the story. Admittedly Dobwalls did hit the bar twice and if one or both had gone in it might have been a different story.

Classic Broglino long-range effort and a great hat-trick from JBE. Big game player. Liked the badge kissing!  Think he is enjoying the success after all his loyal years in a modest team at Newquay. No disrespect as Newquay are much the same as Town have been for years before their recent up-turn in fortunes.

Feared for Falmouths safety in the 2nd half but in the end, they took the sting out of the game and there were much fewer x-rated challenges than in the 1st half. Dobwalls were lucky to only have one sent off imo although the Dobwalls managers were complaining in the end that they were hard done by!

It is all  about opinions I suppose!?!?

Noticed Dane Bunney was watching.  Sorry Saltash but best of luck to our neighbours Wendron tomorrow. Fancy a final on Older's pitch for Easter. Would prefer Penryn than Helston's ground. Great surface but just not enough room behind the goals for the F-Troop.

Up the Town!

8 hours ago, The Town Man said:

Falmouth Town 4. Dobwalls 1.

Game was over as a spectacle after about half an hour when Town went 3 up.  A surprising turn of events as many of us were expecting a much tighter contest. Defensive mistakes from Dobwalls and clinical finishing from Town combined was the story. Admittedly Dobwalls did hit the bar twice and if one or both had gone in it might have been a different story.

Classic Broglino long-range effort and a great hat-trick from JBE. Big game player. Liked the badge kissing!  Think he is enjoying the success after all his loyal years in a modest team at Newquay. No disrespect as Newquay are much the same as Town have been for years before their recent up-turn in fortunes.

Feared for Falmouths safety in the 2nd half but in the end, they took the sting out of the game and there were much fewer x-rated challenges than in the 1st half. Dobwalls were lucky to only have one sent off imo although the Dobwalls managers were complaining in the end that they were hard done by!

It is all  about opinions I suppose!?!?

Noticed Dane Bunney was watching.  Sorry Saltash but best of luck to our neighbours Wendron tomorrow. Fancy a final on Older's pitch for Easter. Would prefer Penryn than Helston's ground. Great surface but just not enough room behind the goals for the F-Troop.

Up the Town!

Dobwalls didn't turn up for the first half and conceded 3 goals to schoolboy errors which against any team let alone the league leaders does not bode well for a good outcome.

Dobwalls could have made a better game of it if the 2 shots late in the first half had gone in instead they rattled the woodwork.

They did show a bit more fire in the second half but it was too little too late.

The referee seemed to want to be the centre off attention and in my opinion made some poor decisions.

The lad that was sin binned was told to go back on to the pitch by the 4th official after the 10 minutes only to be told he had 3 more minutes to serve on the touchlines, someone has an issue in telling the time?

As for the red card, I was stood almost on top of the challenge. Both players went in hard for a 50-50 ball and the Dobwalls lad got to his feet. The referee who was a long way from the incident had made his mind up about the outcome without consulting with the OAP running the line. It was the same player that had been sinned binned and I wonder if the official saw this as a chance to punish the lad for challenging a decision made by him earlier?

Only the official will know.

Best of Luck to Falmouth for the final.

31 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Dobwalls didn't turn up for the first half and conceded 3 goals to schoolboy errors which against any team let alone the league leaders does not bode well for a good outcome.

Dobwalls could have made a better game of it if the 2 shots late in the first half had gone in instead they rattled the woodwork.

They did show a bit more fire in the second half but it was too little too late.

The referee seemed to want to be the centre off attention and in my opinion made some poor decisions.

The lad that was sin binned was told to go back on to the pitch by the 4th official after the 10 minutes only to be told he had 3 more minutes to serve on the touchlines, someone has an issue in telling the time?

As for the red card, I was stood almost on top of the challenge. Both players went in hard for a 50-50 ball and the Dobwalls lad got to his feet. The referee who was a long way from the incident had made his mind up about the outcome without consulting with the OAP running the line. It was the same player that had been sinned binned and I wonder if the official saw this as a chance to punish the lad for challenging a decision made by him earlier?

Dobwalls were terrible I’m afraid.  You can’t blame the officials. Thought the red card was the correct decision 

48 minutes ago, Pedro said:

This match report was brought to you to from the Kremlin school of journalism. 

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

Haven't got a clue what your on about Bash .🤔

I was stood beside an f trooper for about 5 mins till I moved, tall bloke about 25 wearing a body warmer.  He was constantly spitting and most of it was going on his arm because he was that intoxicated . You got a good bunch there. Lol

Easy to get to by train, but would have preferred St. Blazey as their pitch is flat with a nice playing surface, much larger clubhouse, qnd at least it has one covered end. Also a few pubs on the way to quench one's thirst on the march to the ground. 

Have to say though,  I feel that nice as the setup at Wadebridge is, they missed out on making a few bob by not having the burger van open. :(

24 minutes ago, Quiet Man said:

Easy to get to by train, but would have preferred St. Blazey as their pitch is flat with a nice playing surface, much larger clubhouse, qnd at least it has one covered end. Also a few pubs on the way to quench one's thirst on the march to the ground. 

Have to say though,  I feel that nice as the setup at Wadebridge is, they missed out on making a few bob by not having the burger van open. :(

Have to agree blazey or liskeard for me. St austells pitch is also a mess atm. 

Im glad it is at St Austell was dreading it was going to be at Bodmin then Smokie would of had to stay in the car . Should be a great game if it is Falmouth vs Saltash final but Wendron are a fine team but you got to fancy Saltash with the squad of talented players they got . I will be at St Austell this Saturday to watch them play Falmouth feel like im letting the G down but i promised a neighbour i would take her to the lost gardens of Helligan .Looking forward to the match and finally to take Liam Dingles picture with Smokie dog couldnt do it last week with all that rain. Looking forward to the battle with Aaran Dilley and Jack Bray Evans should be  a cracker and if Aaran plays as well as he did last weekend should be a good battle .  Falmouth are a fine team  with brilliant players even on the bench but i think St Austell may shock the champions to be but im going for a 2-2 draw 

10 hours ago, silly billy said:

I was stood beside an f trooper for about 5 mins till I moved, tall bloke about 25 wearing a body warmer.  He was constantly spitting and most of it was going on his arm because he was that intoxicated . You got a good bunch there. Lol

It’s ok to behave like that because they do charity work. 

10 minutes ago, Quiet Man said:

Stupid comment. Grow up. 

I’m grown up enough not to be aggressive towards a child. 

2 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

After reading the forum for a number of years and only very recently infrequently commenting, I don’t know who le boss and silly billy are, but quite honestly it’s difficult to take their comments seriously, although I try. 

You don’t need to know me personally but just know that I’m sick and tired of some of the F troop continually slagging of my club without due cause. They might have issues with the manager but the club have always acted in a proper manner. Some of the troop have short memories and double standards and hate it when they’re called out on it. Nothing against anyone of them personally but stop hiding behind what wonderful things they do and how great they are. Best of luck to Westy and the team for the rest of the season. 

2 hours ago, le boss said:

I’m grown up enough not to be aggressive towards a child. 

You don’t need to know me personally but just know that I’m sick and tired of some of the F troop continually slagging of my club without due cause. They might have issues with the manager but the club have always acted in a proper manner. Some of the troop have short memories and double standards and hate it when they’re called out on it. Nothing against anyone of them personally but stop hiding behind what wonderful things they do and how great they are. Best of luck to Westy and the team for the rest of the season. 

Should rename you Le baby..give the didums a bottle or he might start crying.