Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Wednesday 16 March 2022

RGB CORNWALL SENIOR CUP

SEMI FINAL

Saltash United                   1-3              Wendron United

SWPL
EAST

Bovey Tracey                     4-2              Torridgeside

Brixham                               2-1              Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police

Cullompton Rangers       P-P         Elmore

Agree with 100%. Wendron the team of the year for me, a good run in the vase putting out a few higher league opponents, 3rd at present in a very competitive SWPL West division and now reached their first ever senior cup final in their history by beating more higher opposition and one of the giants of Cornish football. Couldn’t be more delighted for everyone at the fabulous club, what a job done by Mike in his first season in the hot seat! They just continue to amaze with their results week after week. Superb 👍👏🏼

And this is from a Falmouth fan that ain’t exactly had a bad season ourselves!!! 😁💛🖤

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 16 March 2022
17 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Agree with 100%. Wendron the team of the year for me, a good run in the vase putting out a few higher league opponents, 3rd at present in a very competitive SWPL West division and now reached their first ever senior cup final in their history by beating more higher opposition and one of the giants of Cornish football. Couldn’t be more delighted for everyone at the fabulous club, what a job done by Mike in his first season in the hot seat! They just continue to amaze with their results week after week. Superb 👍👏🏼

And this is from a Falmouth fan that ain’t exactly had a bad season ourselves!!! 😁💛🖤

Don't like the new slimmed down Senior Cup, but it has certainly generated a great story in its first season.

18 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Sorry but if we beat Wendron in the CSC final and win the title its a no brainer. Its ok doing well and coming 3rd, i applaud Wendron, if they beat us in the CSC final then maybe, if not...NO CHANCE !

Without getting all gushy, on a personal note I would like to thank saltash for the dignity they showed last night, to Dane for coming in our changing room and congratulating and wishing the best to each and everyone of our squad almost immediately after the whistle, to all involved at sticker for the facilities and hospitality, we stayed late 😂 to both sets of supporters really enjoyed the banter we were getting from saltash supporters during the game and our guys and girls were class just need them to swell a bit before easter Monday to give the f troop a run for their money 😉 and finally to the squad for putting in an unbelievable shift 😍😍

Anyway forget that now callington Saturday

2 minutes ago, Scoffy said:

Without getting all gushy, on a personal note I would like to thank saltash for the dignity they showed last night, to Dane for coming in our changing room and congratulating and wishing the best to each and everyone of our squad almost immediately after the whistle, to all involved at sticker for the facilities and hospitality, we stayed late 😂 to both sets of supporters really enjoyed the banter we were getting from saltash supporters during the game and our guys were class just need them to swell a bit before eater Monday to give the f troop a run for their money 😉 and finally to the squad for putting in an unbelievable shift 😍😍

Good to Hear ……. Classy from Saltash and nice touch from Dane.  What a contrast to the losing team in the other semi final.  Congratulations to Wendron 

2 hours ago, Scoffy said:

Without getting all gushy, on a personal note I would like to thank saltash for the dignity they showed last night, to Dane for coming in our changing room and congratulating and wishing the best to each and everyone of our squad almost immediately after the whistle, to all involved at sticker for the facilities and hospitality, we stayed late 😂 to both sets of supporters really enjoyed the banter we were getting from saltash supporters during the game and our guys and girls were class just need them to swell a bit before easter Monday to give the f troop a run for their money 😉 and finally to the squad for putting in an unbelievable shift 😍😍

It was great to be there despite the result. At full time it was nice to appreciate your team as they walked off the pitch. Then I caught the chairman to say well done.

One of those nights for us. Wendron came out, played their football and now in a final, great achievement for them.

I had thought about still going to the final as on train route then remembered there is a league game that day. Hopefully Falmouth and Wendron enjoy the day.

On 16/03/2022 at 20:56, 100%cornish said:

Wendron 3-0 up vs Saltash got to be the result of the year if it stays like that now you see why i thought Mike Oneil should be manager of the year .  What a season for Wendron 

Regretably I omitted  O'Neil from my list of the best managers in Cornwall - largely as sonehow I've not seen Wendron play these past couple of years. The Dron giving a template for other 'smaller' SWPL clubs to follow?  Their success great for the Cornish game.