Stoke Gabriel & TP          1-5       Torpoint Athletic

WEST

Bodmin Town                   2-1        Dobwalls

Callington Town               5-0       Penzance

Liskeard Athletic              P-P     Penryn Athletic

St Dennis                           0-4    St Blazey

Sticker                                1-3       Falmouth Town

Wadebridge Town               0–0     Launceston

Wendron United              4-0      Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay)

Have Penryn forfeited the points vs Liskeard?

I see the points have been awarded to Illogan in the St Piran league due to a side unable to raise a team due to covid.

With the lack of restrictions now in place are covid postponements still permitted by the leagues? 

I’m not saying they shouldn’t be, very sensible to not play if covid is an issue but seems odd that one league is postponing the game while the other is awarding points.

Further to this, how are the leagues gathering evidence of the covid cases now that testing has been scaled down and it’s not easy to get a PCR.

6 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

I see the points have been awarded to Illogan in the St Piran league due to a wide unable to raise a team due to covid.

With the lack of restrictions now in place are covid postponements still permitted by the leagues? 

I’m not saying they shouldn’t be, very sensible to not play if covid is an issue but seems odd that one league is postponing the game while the other is awarding points.

Further to this, how are the leagues gathering evidence of the covid cases now that testing has been scaled down and it’s not easy to get a PCR.

To be clear, Perranporth did not request a COVID postponement.  They made it very clear that with a number of players being away on a stag weekend and others being required to work or unavailable for other reasons they were unable to raise a side.

I cannot speak for other leagues but to give consistency of decision making throughout the season the St Piran COVID postponement policy is unchanged from last year.  The clubs were made aware of this on 25th Feb and there has been at least one COVID postponement since then.  The clubs have been excellent in complying with the league policy and have continued to supply test results to the league when they have a problem.   

29 minutes ago, FootballChat said:

I see the points have been awarded to Illogan in the St Piran league due to a wide unable to raise a team due to covid.

I believe they are requesting lateral flow test results due to the lack of PCR availability. Will certainly be interesting to see how many COVID postponements there are next month, when the lateral flows are no longer free

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Can’t believe people are still playing the covid card honestly.  So easy now when team are short or players fancy a day out as the weather nice to say you got covid. 
get back to normality asap. 

But what if they do have covid, play on regardless? Not a very responsible thing to do in the name of a hobby.

7 hours ago, John Mead said:

It would be unfair to now not allow covid postponements and force teams to play with weakened teams, when earlier in the season it was OK to allow postponements. Really can't play most of the season with one rule and then change it.

The FA? Not acting in a logical and consistent manner? How very dare you 😉

13 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Can’t believe people are still playing the covid card honestly.  So easy now when team are short or players fancy a day out as the weather nice to say you got covid. 
get back to normality asap. 

Do you not get out much, COVID is everywhere in Cornwall at the moment, worse than it’s ever been!!

5 minutes ago, JonColenzo said:

Do you not get out much, COVID is everywhere in Cornwall at the moment, worse than it’s ever been!!

Yes I know plenty of people with and all have no symptoms at all. Scrap the entire league then only safe option  . We are meant to be at a stage of living with it. What do you want to do Stay indoors to avoid something that going to be here for ever ? . 

No, football can and should 100% continue but we have to accept and thank teams for their honesty and realise that there will be postponements for the good of peoples health.

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Yes I know plenty of people with and all have no symptoms at all. Scrap the entire league then only safe option  . We are meant to be at a stage of living with it. What do you want to do Stay indoors to avoid something that going to be here for ever ? . 

But it impossible. For every person that tested them self’s to see if they have covid there another 5-6 that probably have got it anyway and are just carrying on as normal as is the guidelines like you say it’s everywhere so the law of averages say pretty much every team must be carrying players with covid. . We had 2 years of it and everything that can be done has he done. Jabs etc. it’s time to move on. 
if a player is genuine I’ll then bring in someone to replace him but we have to move away from cancelling games because of covid. 

43 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

1,000 people died from Covid this week...just ignore that!

Record numbers in hospital...ignore that as well! 

Nearly 1,000 people died WITH Covid this week, not from Covid, but I totally agree with match postponement’s providing clubs go through the right channels, and hospital numbers are increasing as forecasted.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 26 March 2022

Took a trip out to Sticker this afternoon what a lovely ground and lovely people .Sticker lost 3-1 to soon to be elect Champions Falmouth Town i thought Sticker played very well against the mighty Falmouth the 1st goal was given to Tom Moxham but where i was standing it was a own goal Tim Nixon was causing havoc with his pace and skill on the wing i thought he was brilliant .Falmouth where without there leading goal scorer Jack Bray Evans and i thought it showed didnt think Falmouth where at there best this afternoon but the wind had a lot to do with that .  Falmouth scored 2 more goals from Luke Brabyn and Luke Balmer and Sticker also scored after a lapse in concentration in the Falmouth defence from a corner .  I thought it was a strange decision bringing Sticker player Joel Cocking off i thought he was having a fine game but im only a spectator and dont know the mangers thoughts but i thought Joel was playing well .I have watched Falmouth severel times this year and have not once seen them play in there gold and black stripe shirts maybe i will see them in the final in those famous colours .

Very good crowd there met some nice people including Mike Ogers lovely chap its nice putting a face to the people .  My mom for Sticker Joel Cocking and for Falmouth Tim Nixon had a player i havnt seen play before in Falmouth colours the no8 i thought he had a good game . The ref and his assistants where excellent and the F Troop where in good voice looking final to the Easter Monday Final i think Wendron will give Falmouth a hard game .On to next Saturday where me and my doggy are off to Wadebridge to watch them play Liskeard noticed Max Gilbert hasnt played in last few games i was wandering if he had gone to another club like Helston 

34 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Took a trip out to Sticker this afternoon what a lovely ground and lovely people .Sticker lost 3-1 to soon to be elect Champions Falmouth Town i thought Sticker played very well against the mighty Falmouth the 1st goal was given to Tom Moxham but where i was standing it was a own goal Tim Nixon was causing havoc with his pace and skill on the wing i thought he was brilliant .Falmouth where without there leading goal scorer Jack Bray Evans and i thought it showed didnt think Falmouth where at there best this afternoon but the wind had a lot to do with that .  Falmouth scored 2 more goals from Luke Brabyn and Luke Balmer and Sticker also scored after a lapse in concentration in the Falmouth defence from a corner .  I thought it was a strange decision bringing Sticker player Joel Cocking off i thought he was having a fine game but im only a spectator and dont know the mangers thoughts but i thought Joel was playing well .I have watched Falmouth severel times this year and have not once seen them play in there gold and black stripe shirts maybe i will see them in the final in those famous colours .

Very good crowd there met some nice people including Mike Ogers lovely chap its nice putting a face to the people .  My mom for Sticker Joel Cocking and for Falmouth Tim Nixon had a player i havnt seen play before in Falmouth colours the no8 i thought he had a good game . The ref and his assistants where excellent and the F Troop where in good voice looking final to the Easter Monday Final i think Wendron will give Falmouth a hard game .On to next Saturday where me and my doggy are off to Wadebridge to watch them play Liskeard noticed Max Gilbert hasnt played in last few games i was wandering if he had gone to another club like Helston 

Think the Town no 8 was Jack Webber Steve. He's been away at University .

St Dennis 0 - 4 St Blazey

Not a very high quality game of football between St Dennis and St Blazey this afternoon. The pitch played like a trampoline (not enough recent rain?) and the wind was blowing throughout. The ball was bobbling all over the place and there were not many chances for either team.

St Blazey took an early lead from a contentious penalty, then struggled to create much thereafter. At 1-0 St Dennis were still capable of grabbing an equaliser, but after the second goal on about 85 minutes the floodgates opened.

Scorers: Callum McGee (pen), Callum Kenny, Liam Eddy, Callum Kenny

Thanks Dave i was wandering where Max Gilbert was such a good player looking forward to seeing the young new top player Liskeard have now just hope im not in the hospital and even worst could be in there for Easter Monday final and if i have to crawl there i am not going to miss that .Also thanks Mattelot i thought the No8 was Jack Bray Evans at 1st but hes out at the moment but they do look similair i thought if it was Jack Webber he was very good player .Falmouth have such a strong squad even the players that werent there today like AlEX wHARTON , Dave Brogliano ,and Ollie Walker the subs werent bad as well TOBY CLARK , KIRK DAVIES SCOTT KELLOW and JACK EVANS THERE TO GIVE HIS SUPPORT its going to be a great final the big boys vs the underdogs David and Golitah match so 1st i will be watching the G VS Liskeard then shoot off down to St Austell to watch the Easter Monday final 

Quite like this Forum being one of the few places not mired in either big P or little p politics. I’m sure you guys both have valid and interesting opinions on Covid / flu / etc, but any chance you could air them somewhere other than a football forum? No offence meant by this, so sorry in advance if you find it offensive. 

St Dennis 0v4 St Blazey. Att.115est.

Probably the worst game of the season to watch. The pitch like so many have dried out after being water logged just a couple weeks ago. Now were left with bobbly pitches, rock hard and then add in todays wind and your left with awful conditions to get the ball down and play. 

An early penalty scored by Cal Mcghee after Eddie brought down set St Blazey on their way. After that it was 75 minutes of nothing. St Blazey added three late goals to seal the points with goals from Eddy and two from Kenny.

My man of the match going to Rio who started today who's stepped up from the U18s. Brilliant performance. Looked completely in control. 

No match programme which was a shame. A Brentford season ticket holder was there today while on holiday who was disappointed not to pick one up.

Next up for St Blazey a mid week league cup semi final at Liskeard on Wednesday against Ivybridge followed by a return to Blaise Park on Saturday as St Blazey look to complete the double over Falmouth Town. Two good games to look forward to.

League wise, Wendron looking good for third place now, so the race for 4th looking like being one from Camelford, Dobwalls and St Blazey.

Dobwalls have hit a brick wall with their form at the moment. Camelford and St Blazey play each other twice at the end of the season which could be two big games in the quest for a chance of F.A Cup football next season. I'd be amazed if anyone got in if they finish outside the top four but who knows these days. 

Edited by Paul

2 hours ago, Smiler said:

How many died from flu or are you just trying to create a story 

Create a story! Where have you been the last 2+ years.

2 hours ago, GaryHocking said:

Quite like this Forum being one of the few places not mired in either big P or little p politics. I’m sure you guys both have valid and interesting opinions on Covid / flu / etc, but any chance you could air them somewhere other than a football forum? No offence meant by this, so sorry in advance if you find it offensive. 

Sorry Gary,  but when needs must and Covid is still affecting football unfortunately.

21 hours ago, Paul said:

St Dennis 0v4 St Blazey. Att.115est.

Probably the worst game of the season to watch. The pitch like so many have dried out after being water logged just a couple weeks ago. Now were left with bobbly pitches, rock hard and then add in todays wind and your left with awful conditions to get the ball down and play. 

An early penalty scored by Cal Mcghee after Eddie brought down set St Blazey on their way. After that it was 75 minutes of nothing. St Blazey added three late goals to seal the points with goals from Eddy and two from Kenny.

My man of the match going to Rio who started today who's stepped up from the U18s. Brilliant performance. Looked completely in control. 

No match programme which was a shame. A Brentford season ticket holder was there today while on holiday who was disappointed not to pick one up.

Next up for St Blazey a mid week league cup semi final at Liskeard on Wednesday against Ivybridge followed by a return to Blaise Park on Saturday as St Blazey look to complete the double over Falmouth Town. Two good games to look forward to.

League wise, Wendron looking good for third place now, so the race for 4th looking like being one from Camelford, Dobwalls and St Blazey.

Dobwalls have hit a brick wall with their form at the moment. Camelford and St Blazey play each other twice at the end of the season which could be two big games in the quest for a chance of F.A Cup football next season. I'd be amazed if anyone got in if they finish outside the top four but who knows these days. 

If faced with a choice of games I'll always go to the club that issues a programne. Some clubs seem them as a nuisance and a cost, but for older fans they are collectors pieces and part of the matchday experience.

Stoke Gabriel 1 Torpoint Athlwtic 5

As routine a win as you could see. Two goals each for Dammerell & Richards. The 'Point could have had 8 by half time. It was like an attack v defence training routine, with the former winning handsomely.

TBF a mixture of the visitors taking their foot off the pedal and much better orgqnisation saw Stoke only concede an 89th minute penalty in the second 45.

A nice place to visit on a bright Spring day. Excellent programme too.

18 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

If faced with a choice of games I'll always go to the club that issues a programne. Some clubs seem them as a nuisance and a cost, but for older fans they are collectors pieces and part of the matchday experience.

Who produces a more than readable SWPL programme these days? 

Two come immediately to mind - Torpoint and St Blazey. St Austell still presumably do, although haven't been there recently to get one. 

5 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Two come immediately to mind - Torpoint and St Blazey. St Austell still presumably do, although haven't been there recently to get one. 

NA Spurs in the East Division is always good too  Blazey good as you say.  Nothing beats the superb Torpoint offering. Its better than the output of the 3 Devon pro sides.

31 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Wadebridge Launceston and St Austell produce a good programme. Sticker, Callington Falmouth and Camelford  have produced  programmes. All a good effort. 

Liskeard, Wendron, Dobwalls, Newquay, Penryn, Godolphin, Penzance and St Dennis haven't produced anything this season when I've been.

Bodmin I've not been to yet.  

36 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Wadebridge

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

Wadebridge Launceston and St Austell produce a good programme. Sticker, Callington Falmouth and Camelford  have produced  programmes. All a good effort. 

Liskeard, Wendron, Dobwalls, Newquay, Penryn, Godolphin, Penzance and St Dennis haven't produced anything this season when I've been.

Bodmin I've not been to yet.  

Newquay produced one in pre season which covered all their home pre season games. Nothing since. 
i

5 minutes ago, justanopinion said:

It will be difficult for some clubs to compete with the more comprehensive programme that's produced by say Torpoint. However, I thought as a minimum, that clubs should produce at least a team sheet. There really is no excuse for clubs who cannot be bothered to produce the minimum!

It's 2022

5 minutes ago, justanopinion said:

I have no idea on the relevance of 'its 2022' I thought it was league policy.

The relevance is you said there was no excuse for not printing a team sheet...... The excuse /reason is that in 2022 we are in a digital age where the teams are put out online and even some programmes are done online. 

The paper used to produce Torpoints programme is wasteful in this day and age

When I see supporters walking through the entry gate and into the clubhouse before a game, that they have attended hoping for an enjoyable afternoon, I just wander how many have appreciated we are now in a digital age and they could have viewed the programme online! Get real !! Grass roots football, afternoon out, perhaps enjoy a beer, club may/may not have Wi-Fi but the team sheet and maybe a programme is only available online!

21 minutes ago, justanopinion said:

When I see supporters walking through the entry gate and into the clubhouse before a game, that they have attended hoping for an enjoyable afternoon, I just wander how many have appreciated we are now in a digital age and they could have viewed the programme online! Get real !! Grass roots football, afternoon out, perhaps enjoy a beer, club may/may not have Wi-Fi but the team sheet and maybe a programme is only available online!

Ever read a team sheet in a programme that tells you who is playing that day? No... Usually just a list of players signed on 

9 hours ago, Footy follower said:

The relevance is you said there was no excuse for not printing a team sheet...... The excuse /reason is that in 2022 we are in a digital age where the teams are put out online and even some programmes are done online. 

The paper used to produce Torpoints programme is wasteful in this day and age

If there’s no league requirement, then it’s a club decision whether to produce a match day programme/team sheet or not. Despite being in a digital age, professional football clubs still produce match day programmes primarily for additional income, and at a guess, Torpoint’s programme is produced for the same reason ie sponsorship.

Like some clubs do, the starting line ups and numbers could be written up on a board somewhere in the ground.