Cornwall Football Forum

Wadebridge vs Liskeard

Went to Bodieve Park to watch Wadebridge vs Liskeard and it was a great game Wadebridge where brilliant and took the game to Liskeard and James Lorenz didnt get a sniff at the Wadebridge goal all afternoon Wadebridge captain Tom Strike saw to that but the whole Wadebridge team where just so good Matt Lloyd was given the Liskeard defence a tough time Dylan Peel couldnt cope with him Matt Outtram couldnt either .   Rob Rosevear in the Wadebridge goal brought off some amazing saves and Wadebridge had to score and they finally did with a great shot from Matt Lloyd who turned and shot and it went in off the post with Liskeard goalie Luke Gwillian well beaten .

1-0 At HT to Liskeard thoroughly deserved but then into the 2nd half LISKEARD made there subs and what quality they where Max Gilbert and Tom Savingar and when they came on the game turned in LISKEARDS favour and these 2 started pulling the strings i think Savingar has been over in the States playing but what a player he is and it was him who equalised i didnt think they deserved because Wadebridge where that good .If Wadebridge had 2 of there missing players playing they may of gone on to win it but i was told Sam Gerken and Leighton Carhart had gone to a stag do but the players that played in there places where excellent . It was a lovely day for watching it was a free day but i never went to the game that was abandoned when these 2 last played with the floodlights failing i didn mind paying to be entertained like that . 

My MOM for Wadebridge Matt LLOYD Liskeard couldnt handle him his afternoon and for Liskeard thats a hard 1 but im going to give it to Dylan Peel .Smokie enjoyed being in the sun and not getting soaked through like most weeks and he met lots of lovely people including Wadebridge Physio Shardz who really took a shine to him she wouldnt be so keen on him at 2 15am when he decides to chase next doors cat im not amused then . The ref and his assistants handled the game well when there was some niggly fouls from both sides . 

Thankyou Bridger for making us welcome as you always do see you in the pre season when the friendlies start but see at th G in a couple of weeks if im not in hospital and Liskeard at the G Wednesday week .

Thankyou both teams for putting on a good entertaining game 

Good report Steve, thought the same mate. Enjoyed the game after an all time high (or low really)on the way to the game! Popped in Asda and managed to put £108 diesel in my Citroen Picasso C4 1.6 Ltr engine!!! Never thought I’d see that day you could stick over a ton in your car fuel tank! 🙄😳😲  Bodieve was looking fantastic and Wadebridge excellent from the off and deserved their half time lead and I was delighted to send some good news back to my mates at Bickland Park!! Lloydy and Flewy were making intelligent runs and dropping in short for the hosts whereas Liskeard just seemed to be running offside with every attack! To be fair the visitors did come back into the game a lot more 2nd half and I thought 1-1 was probably about right at the end. Shame to send the bad news back to Bickland but I’m sure there will be a big local knees up after the game at Penryn on Good Friday 🏆 and another on Easter Monday probably! 🏆 I was in the squad the last time Town won the SWL so its a long overdue championship for a great cornish football giant on the way! I’m about 80 now!! 🤓💛🖤 My flatness at the final whistle was cheered on the way home when I heard Noble Yeats had won the national!! Jack gave me the tip this morning at 66/1!!! 😁👍👏🏼 Wish I put a fiver on it though, but it did help to pay for two thirds of that diesel disappointment hours earlier I suppose!! 😂 Was my usual Mr Unsocialable (that even a word?) at football and sat in my car all game and what a view you get on that top bank at Bodieve!! So I tried to concentrate on the game and did a few stats for any anoraks like myself and Deacs!! (Sorry to drag you into it mate! ) 😁 Hardly looked away apart from a few texts to Bickland Park so hoping they’re pretty spot on!? Agree with Steve, thought ref Mr Kevin Hoare had a decent game, lots of common sense, no fuss, no centre of attention, just a good solid game, well reffed. Couple of borderline offsides but there were some quick lads out there and I would say most looked pretty correct from my vantage point!! Well done to the officials, it’s a tough job. 👏🏼 The attendance was 118 ten minutes into the 2nd half double checked on my clicker!! Bridgers opener in the 29th minute with the Liskeard equaliser coming on 76 minutes. My opinion...fair result 👍️ Good to see Chris Reski still putting in a shift for the Bridgers, been a quality player for many a year in Cornish football 👏🏼👍️ Also got to say what an excellent programme for a quid!! Was spoilt at Torpoint a couple weeks ago with Robbies unbelievable programme they produce but taking that one out the equation this was as good as I’ve seen in the league this season anywhere! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

WADEBRIDGE     LISKEARD

Shots on target                 4                      6

shots off target                 6                      13

Corners                             6                       6

Offsides                            0                       9

Keeper saves                    4                      3

Free kicks awarded          7                      6

Yellow cards                     0                       1

I looked out for you Rappo whens your book out ? i was parked on top bank in my Kia PIccanto but i put £40 of fuel in and that just got to half way mark crazy now with the fuel must of broke your heart putting that amount in . The 2 subs changed it for me Tom Savingar just back from the States from Easter i was told but what a player and Max Gilbert hes class anyway .You are certainly not unsociable , I heard Dylan Peel has moved in with Matt Lloyd because he followed him all over the pitch during the game and they couldnt bare to be parted .Just finished editing my 360 photos i took but got it down to about 110 so will put them on Cornish Soccer site on Facebook tmmrw . Glad you won on the National wouldnt it be good if your Jack scored the winner for Penryn on Friday vs your beloved Falmouth 

Hi Steve, speaking to Mike again Tuesday for session 3, he thinks it’ll be about 12-18 months altogether? Been enjoyable so far going back over stuff I’d almost forgot!? Just about to start Kev Millers book that Mike wrote. Be good to go back over an old mates career 👍 Yeah fuel crazy mate, I thought our new heating and council tax bills were taking the mickey but couldn’t believe it when it hit £100 and wasn’t even full!! 🙄 Keep the photos coming Steve, enjoyed all your Godolphin v Penryn ones. The players always love to see a photo mate 👍️ Haha yeah weird one on Friday! Obviously can’t wait for Town to win the league again after all these years but you always want your boys team to do well and ive really enjoyed watching the good Penryn lads over the last 3 seasons in these strange Covid times. I’m on nights anyway and won’t get to bed until 9am so I’ll have to wake up to the result in the afternoon mate! Looking forward to Easter Monday though Steve, what Westy has done for Falmouth has been incredible to watch for the many of us that love the club but even we have to admit that Wendron are probably the team of the season!! Great run in the Vase, 2nd/3rd in the league all season and then beating Saltash to reach the Senior Cup Final, what a job Mike has done!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Bit of a fairy story really, would make a good book! 😁 I’m sure Easter Monday will be a lovely day for both clubs and it’s sort of “the friendly final” with friends at both clubs although I’m sure that will go out the window for the 90 minutes! Hopefully catch up with you and Smokie at St.Austell Steve 👍

See you Easter Monday Rappo i will be in my usual place at St Austell top of pitch near corner flag clicking away ,i expect you will have your Falmouth shirt on with Legend on the back i do hope Falmouth win the cup because i want to get a team photo of them .Just finished putting all the photos and vids on the Cornish Soccer Forum on Facebook Mark . Next match the local derby Newquay vs the G nice 2 min walk for me Then the big Easter Monday final