WEST

11:00    

Dobwalls                              2-1          Liskeard Athletic

Launceston                         0-0          Callington Town

Penryn Athletic                 2-3          Falmouth Town

St Blazey                              2-1          St Austell

Wadebridge Town           0-3          Bodmin Town

12:00    

Newquay                            1-5       Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay)

14:00    

St Dennis                             0-2             Sticker

FALMOUTH TOWN confirmed as champions of the West Division after today’s results

St.Blazey 2 St. Austell 1.

Both sides contributed to an entertaining 90 mins.

St.Austell deserved to share the spoils for a spirited performance, 

St.Blazey hit the framework three times but we're relieved to come away with three points.

Large crowd  free pasties on offer, can't be bad.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - GOOD FRIDAY, 15 April 2022
20 minutes ago, David Bray said:

St.Blazey 2 St. Austell 1.

Both sides contributed to an entertaining 90 mins.

St.Austell deserved to share the spoils for a spirited performance, 

St.Blazey hit the framework three times but we're relieved to come away with three points.

Large crowd  free pasties on offer, can't be bad.

What was the crowd? Watching live didn’t seem many there? 

It was a Good, Good Friday 

SWPL Premier Division East 
Torpoint Athletic (1) 5
Elburton Villa.      (1) 1
Att: 202, biggest home crowd if the season so far:

Torpoint Scorers:
Curtis Damerell 10, 73, 79
Ryan Richards 75, 81 - amazing over head kick

MOM: Ryan Richards, match sponsored by CBL and thank you to them for the support!

Up the point 💛🖤💛

6922AF29-E739-4C37-9A4B-0947E95D6A07.jpeg

Went and watched Newquay vs the G this afternoon and what  a performance from the G winning 5-1 , the game started at a frantic pace with Newquay having most the  lay but the G went 1-0 up with a fine Matty Walker goal ,but Newquay came back and equalised with a clear pen which Cam Turner scored past Sean Semmens . HT came and a inspired bit of management in the G camp bringing on ElI Evans who changed the game scoring 2 cracking goals 1st 1 going in off the crossbar giving Harry in the Newquay goal his 2nd wasnt bad neither racing clear and putting the ball away with aplomb . Newquay where a real shambles and i put them down to end up 4th in the league when i watchd them earlier in the season but this was such a poor display from the mints ,they have lost so many players to other clubs something must be wrong at the club leaving a player like Aaran Dilley leave was a big mistake ,This Newquay team where hammered by a pub team but this pub team can certainly play and this afternoon was a hell of a team performance . Further goals came from Matty Walker and Josh Margetts to make the final score 5-1 what a performance but lets see how they get on against the fine Liskeard team next week .

My mom for the G this afternoon goes to all of them but a special mention to the defence last game they played vs Penryn they where Bloody awful today every man played so well just a brilliant team performance .For Newquay hard 1 they where all so poor but Jacob Grange did try his best i think the next player to leave Newquay will be Ross Fallens he cant carry the whole team on his own I think Newquay will be looking for a new manager after this poor performance .

Not  a bad crowd up there on a awful afternoon got soaked through and poor Smokie was drowned but to see The G dish out such a hammering to a Newquay side like that is embarrasing really and i have been watching Newquay for over 50 years and this group of players are not good enough to wear the Peppermints shirts unlike the G PLAYERS who played with pride this afternoon .

The officials all did well they would be a good choice for the final on Monday which i am looking forward to and i think i will go to extra time after being 2-2 at Full time and Falmouth winning 4-2 i hope they do anyway want to get some pictures of them with the cup Well done to Falmouth being league champions deserved winners . 

Have a good Easter everyone may see some of you at the Easter Monday final .May go up and watch the NEWQUAY ACADEMY side tmmrw but i may need to go in disguise n what i sad about Newquays performance this afternoon i asked a Newquay supporter what was wrong with Newquay and he said the management . Well done to all the G PLAYERS AND MANAGEMENT OF ADAM AND JOSH they will have to watch they are not head hunted by other i hear a job is going at Old Trafford .

See you next week against the talented Liskeard side dont think the G will put 5 past that great side ok see you all soon G ARMY YOU WAS BRILLIANT THIS AFTERNOON 

20 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Went and watched Newquay vs the G this afternoon and what  a performance from the G winning 5-1 , the game started at a frantic pace with Newquay having most the  lay but the G went 1-0 up with a fine Matty Walker goal ,but Newquay came back and equalised with a clear pen which Cam Turner scored past Sean Semmens . HT came and a inspired bit of management in the G camp bringing on ElI Evans who changed the game scoring 2 cracking goals 1st 1 going in off the crossbar giving Harry in the Newquay goal his 2nd wasnt bad neither racing clear and putting the ball away with aplomb . Newquay where a real shambles and i put them down to end up 4th in the league when i watchd them earlier in the season but this was such a poor display from the mints ,they have lost so many players to other clubs something must be wrong at the club leaving a player like Aaran Dilley leave was a big mistake ,This Newquay team where hammered by a pub team but this pub team can certainly play and this afternoon was a hell of a team performance . Further goals came from Matty Walker and Josh Margetts to make the final score 5-1 what a performance but lets see how they get on against the fine Liskeard team next week .

My mom for the G this afternoon goes to all of them but a special mention to the defence last game they played vs Penryn they where Bloody awful today every man played so well just a brilliant team performance .For Newquay hard 1 they where all so poor but Jacob Grange did try his best i think the next player to leave Newquay will be Ross Fallens he cant carry the whole team on his own I think Newquay will be looking for a new manager after this poor performance .

Not  a bad crowd up there on a awful afternoon got soaked through and poor Smokie was drowned but to see The G dish out such a hammering to a Newquay side like that is embarrasing really and i have been watching Newquay for over 50 years and this group of players are not good enough to wear the Peppermints shirts unlike the G PLAYERS who played with pride this afternoon .

The officials all did well they would be a good choice for the final on Monday which i am looking forward to and i think i will go to extra time after being 2-2 at Full time and Falmouth winning 4-2 i hope they do anyway want to get some pictures of them with the cup Well done to Falmouth being league champions deserved winners . 

Have a good Easter everyone may see some of you at the Easter Monday final .May go up and watch the NEWQUAY ACADEMY side tmmrw but i may need to go in disguise n what i sad about Newquays performance this afternoon i asked a Newquay supporter what was wrong with Newquay and he said the management . Well done to all the G PLAYERS AND MANAGEMENT OF ADAM AND JOSH they will have to watch they are not head hunted by other i hear a job is going at Old Trafford .

See you next week against the talented Liskeard side dont think the G will put 5 past that great side ok see you all soon G ARMY YOU WAS BRILLIANT THIS AFTERNOON 

Jack Bray Evans and Tom Moxham relishing being league champions in the Falmouth Town clubhouse this afternoon . 🏆👏

9 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

In 8th I’d expect them to go about it quietly 

Couldnt agree more. 

The club having won it so many times, now being on the receiving end, but no different than Blazey, St. Austell, Newquay etc... 

However, whether is 8th, 18th, or 2nd... Its all irrelevant as the only team thats remembered are the Champions. 

Well done Falmouth Town, great side, great support .

Good luck on your journey in the Western League. 

Went to watch the derby game at Godolphin, what a performance. Absoulety blowing away a woefully poor Newquay team. 

Not convinced David Bray paid much attention to the game!!

Crowd was in the 400-450 region and St Austell rarely looked like scoring. Blazey should have run out comfortable winners, hitting the bar three times, the first of which was a of glorious open goal opportunity for Cal Kenny to double his tally, the second a terrific save from the St Austell goalkeeper to tip Cal McGee's shot crashing into the bar. A couple of goal line clearances from the St Austell players kept the score respectable, but there was an obvious gulf in quality between the sides.

7 minutes ago, SteveM said:

Not convinced David Bray paid much attention to the game!!

Crowd was in the 400-450 region and St Austell rarely looked like scoring. Blazey should have run out comfortable winners, hitting the bar three times, the first of which was a of glorious open goal opportunity for Cal Kenny to double his tally, the second a terrific save from the St Austell goalkeeper to tip Cal McGee's shot crashing into the bar. A couple of goal line clearances from the St Austell players kept the score respectable, but there was an obvious gulf in quality between the sides.

Well Steve we are all entitled to our opinions, I obviously missed counting the under 12's that were present.

Enough said.

1 hour ago, karaoke said:

Did anybody go to Dobwalls ?

Not a bad game, a draw would have been fair,  early red card and a late sin bin sealed it but a few talking points.

I'm not sure it was a red but there was more justification for a Liskeard red card before it. The 'red' incident followed 2 bites at Nick Aplin and the ref didn't see or speak to the Dobwalls guy so he dealt with it himself at the next opportunity and the ref did see it!

A couple of good goals, some good possession from both teams and the usual banter with the Dobwalls bench throughout, good cuppa, good looking pasty,  disappointing result, onwards we go in BLUE. !!

29 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Bodmin are miles off progressing as a club need a complete overhaul. . Well done Falmouth a class above all the other teams in that league. Liskeard we’re close maybe next season st blazey and liskeard will be battling for the title 

I think if that if you had Bodmin as a patient then you would say that they have moved from critical to on life support to stable. Long way to go, but very visible signs if improvement.  Big summer ahead and a long way back  but ( no matter who is in charge next season), I'm sure that anybody who follows the Cornish football scene wants them to strong and competitive. 

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

And a good crowd of 600 plus at Penryn today with thanks to the F Troop for that.

Screenshot_20220415-165530_Gallery.jpg

20220415_113017.jpg

Just had a chat with the gate people. 

685 paying customers with the crowd swelling to well over 700 with the under 15's coming in free!

50/50 was £100 first prize  and £30 second prize...not a bad afternoon if you won that.

5 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

685 paying customers with the crowd swelling to well over 700 with the under 15's coming in free!

50/50 was £100 first prize  and £30 second prize...not a bad afternoon if you won that.

Well done to your volunteers and the organisation today Dave .👍

8 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Excellent crowd.. Penryn now showing Falmouth what it's all about with pulling in the big crowds 😉.. 

12 hours ago, Town Fan said:

New challenges Billy, which makes it all the more exciting.

💛🖤

Yeah like getting the pa system working 🤣.

All joking aside, well done on getting promotion 🥇 👍, I look forward to seeing the f troop in their travels next season, obviously I'll still take the  on here but I mean no harm. 👍🤣

12 hours ago, silly billy said:

Yeah like getting the pa system working 🤣.

All joking aside, well done on getting promotion 🥇 👍, I look forward to seeing the f troop in their travels next season, obviously I'll still the on here but I mean no harm. 👍🤣

We know your a wind up merchant Billy .Gives us a laugh in the clubhouse .Thanks for the congratulations. 

One tip buy yourself a new keyboard ,your keys are obviously sticking .😁

2 hours ago, David Bray said:

Well Steve we are all entitled to our opinions, I obviously missed counting the under 12's that were present.

Enough said.

Happy to clarify it for you David. I know how difficult numbers can be for some people, especially when they get to three figures.

I watched Newquay vs G today fell ive wasted hole season watching newquay. Poor performance from all. Was stood near newquay goal for second half heard them all arguin between selfs. G could have won by 10 if it wasn’t for NQY GK. Heard harry in goal fall out with his defence don’t agree with swearing but I do understand but don’t think he should use that language with kids behind goal. Without fallens and one or two this team would be no better then newquay reserves. 

5 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

I think if that if you had Bodmin as a patient then you would say that they have moved from critical to on life support to stable. Long way to go, but very visible signs if improvement.  Big summer ahead and a long way back  but ( no matter who is in charge next season), I'm sure that anybody who follows the Cornish football scene wants them to strong and competitive. 

They've put some good results together if late. One of Cornwall's big clubs despite league position. Ebding the season on a high?

On 15/04/2022 at 20:39, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

I watched Newquay vs G today fell ive wasted hole season watching newquay. Poor performance from all. Was stood near newquay goal for second half heard them all arguin between selfs. G could have won by 10 if it wasn’t for NQY GK. Heard harry in goal fall out with his defence don’t agree with swearing but I do understand but don’t think he should use that language with kids behind goal. Without fallens and one or two this team would be no better then newquay reserves. 

Newquay big club could do a Falmouth if they could find a Jeff !!! 

On 15/04/2022 at 17:19, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

And a good crowd of 600 plus at Penryn today with thanks to the F Troop for that.

Screenshot_20220415-165530_Gallery.jpg

20220415_113017.jpg

Seen on Facebook nick  hunt has been named new manager of the 1st team , anyone know who he is where he’s been before or has he stepped up from the 2s ? 

50 minutes ago, 6times said:

Seen on Facebook nick  hunt has been named new manager of the 1st team , anyone know who he is where he’s been before or has he stepped up from the 2s ? 

Been managing/living up in Devon and has moved down here to live.

Can't remember who he was managing but has a lot of connections to youth football I believe. 

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Been managing/living up in Devon and has moved down here to live.

Can't remember who he was managing but has a lot of connections to youth football I believe. 

Ex Bovey Tracey manager I'm led to believe .

3 hours ago, 6times said:

A lot of clubs could do with a Jeff.