Crediton United               2-1     Elburton Villa

Ottery St Mary                 1-8       Honiton Town

WEST

Bodmin Town                  1-1       Newquay

Godolphin Atlantic          0-3       Liskeard Athletic

Wadebridge Town           1-2        Penryn Athletic

1 minute ago, bighairydave said:

What was the controversy?

Not sure if Newquay got a 2nd goal right at the end after they had missed a penalty. There was a bit of squabbling going on, then the ref blew for full time. I'm presuming the goal didn't count as otherwise they would of had to start from the middle again before the ref blew for full time.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 20 April 2022

Went and  watched the G VS Liskeard , and Liskeard ran out worthy 3-0 winners but the G didnt play bad but i thought Liskeard where quicker to the ball and there football is lovely to watch the scorers Nick Aplin and Jarrod Woods and   James Loren scored the 3rd after he beat half of the G defence and his weak shot  went under Sean in the G goal which he should of saved but it was good to see him in goal again .The G never reallly looked like scoring tonight but the Liskeard defence are really good .Strange decision by the ref to blow up10 mins early for half time then  realised his mistake and carried on .I was going to give MOM to Liskeards Max Gilbert hes just a class player  but im going for JamesLorenz he is so skillful and i can see both of these players going to a higher club in the summer im putting money on it will be to Falmouth my MOM for the G IM Giving it to Luke Hunter for keeping Loren quiet for  most of the game .Thought the officials where good .

I would like to say that Liskeards Nick Aplin should be ashamed of himself at the language who used at the lady that was with the liskeard team she just said the latest score of a match and he went mad at her if i was manager i would kick his ass out of the club he should never of talked to her the way he did  he should buy her some flowers and apologise to her you dont talk to a lady the way he talked to her she came past me and you could see she was upset .There was young kids near him as well as Dave Deacon and it was quite upsetting i have  never seen that before .Ok Not a bad performance from the G but Liskeard are a class side and wil be the side to beat next season but only if Gilbert and Lorenz stay 

WADEBRIDGE     (0)  1            Wickens 77’

PENRYN    (2)   2                       Shaw 38’   Rapsey 42’

Att : 73

Lovely evening with Bodieve looking a picture, what a great ground to watch a game. End to end stuff 1st half really, both teams creating chances, with the Bridgers looking particularly threatening from set pieces. The visitors hit a purple 8 minute patch just before half time with two good strikes from the edge of the area from Jake Shaw bottom corner and a 12 yard volley in off the inside of the post from Jack Rapsey, it was almost 3 as Ryan Reeves shot came back off the crossbar.

Rower obviously had a tinker with his lads at half time and they came firing out the traps and were unlucky with a few sighters going mostly over the bar until Sam Wickens low strike found its way low into the net. The Bridgers were piling it on by now but Penryn had two rocks at the back in skipper Russell May and partner Nick Boase who were both outstanding against quality strikers Matt Lloyd and Kyle Flew. The Shaw brothers Jake as always prominent ran his socks off and younger brother Jamie brought in tonight at left back did a great job. 

Fascinating last 10 minutes with Rower throwing everything at it and the hosts going close a few times but with Penryn breaking on 3 or 4 occasions but failing to find that final pass early enough! But no 2-2 or 1-3 and it ended with the visitors showing some character to just about hang on for the 3 points.

Well reffed on the whole I thought (even though my lad got booked), tried to play advantage whenever possible , got most things right I think. Not a dirty game, two teams trying to play football helped. 1  yellow and sin bin for Penryn from the 50th - 60th minute, I think both teams had a couple of yellows each, no real drama 👍  Hope Lloydy is ok, had the ball smashed into his meat and two veg last 20 minutes which resulted in most of the 6 added on minutes! Think all of us males on the touch line had every sympathy for him!!

Nice evening for watching an enjoyable game of football. 👏🏼👍

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Went and  watched the G VS Liskeard , and Liskeard ran out worthy 3-0 winners but the G didnt play bad but i thought Liskeard where quicker to the ball and there football is lovely to watch the scorers Nick Aplin and Jarrod Woods and   James Loren scored the 3rd after he beat half of the G defence and his weak shot  went under Sean in the G goal which he should of saved but it was good to see him in goal again .The G never reallly looked like scoring tonight but the Liskeard defence are really good .Strange decision by the ref to blow up10 mins early for half time then  realised his mistake and carried on .I was going to give MOM to Liskeards Max Gilbert hes just a class player  but im going for JamesLorenz he is so skillful and i can see both of these players going to a higher club in the summer im putting money on it will be to Falmouth my MOM for the G IM Giving it to Luke Hunter for keeping Loren quiet for  most of the game .Thought the officials where good .

I would like to say that Liskeards Nick Aplin should be ashamed of himself at the language who used at the lady that was with the liskeard team she just said the latest score of a match and he went mad at her if i was manager i would kick his ass out of the club he should never of talked to her the way he did  he should buy her some flowers and apologise to her you dont talk to a lady the way he talked to her she came past me and you could see she was upset .There was young kids near him as well as Dave Deacon and it was quite upsetting i have  never seen that before .Ok Not a bad performance from the G but Liskeard are a class side and wil be the side to beat next season but only if Gilbert and Lorenz stay 

I don’t understand why was he shouting and swearing at her if she part of his club ? 

11 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

I don’t understand why was he shouting and swearing at her if she part of his club ? 

To be fair to Nick, I'm not so sure any remonstrations on his behalf were particularly aimed at one person, perhaps instead the technical area as a whole! I don't think its something to get blown out of all proportions. The Liskeard dug-out can be a hard listen themselves at times! :)

8 hours ago, RAPPO said:

WADEBRIDGE     (0)  1            Wickens 77’

PENRYN    (2)   2                       Shaw 38’   Rapsey 42’

Att : 73

Lovely evening with Bodieve looking a picture, what a great ground to watch a game. End to end stuff 1st half really, both teams creating chances, with the Bridgers looking particularly threatening from set pieces. The visitors hit a purple 8 minute patch just before half time with two good strikes from the edge of the area from Jake Shaw bottom corner and a 12 yard volley in off the inside of the post from Jack Rapsey, it was almost 3 as Ryan Reeves shot came back off the crossbar.

Rower obviously had a tinker with his lads at half time and they came firing out the traps and were unlucky with a few sighters going mostly over the bar until Sam Wickens low strike found its way low into the net. The Bridgers were piling it on by now but Penryn had two rocks at the back in skipper Russell May and partner Nick Boase who were both outstanding against quality strikers Matt Lloyd and Kyle Flew. The Shaw brothers Jake as always prominent ran his socks off and younger brother Jamie brought in tonight at left back did a great job. 

Fascinating last 10 minutes with Rower throwing everything at it and the hosts going close a few times but with Penryn breaking on 3 or 4 occasions but failing to find that final pass early enough! But no 2-2 or 1-3 and it ended with the visitors showing some character to just about hang on for the 3 points.

Well reffed on the whole I thought (even though my lad got booked), tried to play advantage whenever possible , got most things right I think. Not a dirty game, two teams trying to play football helped. 1  yellow and sin bin for Penryn from the 50th - 60th minute, I think both teams had a couple of yellows each, no real drama 👍  Hope Lloydy is ok, had the ball smashed into his meat and two veg last 20 minutes which resulted in most of the 6 added on minutes! Think all of us males on the touch line had every sympathy for him!!

Nice evening for watching an enjoyable game of football. 👏🏼👍

Watched this as well and a fair assessment, even first half, Penryn battered in the second period. 

Over the two games home and away Wadebridge must be gutted, you can only say they got mugged twice by Penryn...but I'll happily take the points on both...lol.

9 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Was Nick Aplin the player sent off against Dobwalls for violent conduct?

I was also at the Liskeard game and I think Dave is right here. No need to blow out of proportion - in essence the player was probably right in what he was saying towards the dugout maybe just not delivered in the best of ways.

Thought the Godolphin keeper was an excellent asset with his kicking and definitely one for them to try and hold on to.

Liskeard seemed good for the 3 points but it does feel like they have run out of steam slightly with falmouth taking the league, starting slowly and the midfield giving the ball away countless times. Not a great evening for Gilbert, nowhere near his best. I feel they will need to keep hold of their best assets but also add 1 or 2 in order to take the title next season

Nick Aplin just carried on and on at this lady even his teamates told him to come away which he didnt all this lady say was they was winning  1-0 and he went mad the anger on his face no wonder he got sent off at the weekend ,the lady in question is lovely shes always in the dugout think shes the physio .

Sean in the G goal is a quality goalie and his kicking and coming out of his goalis brilliant , watch out for next season this G team will win more games than they loose . ..

Good talking to you last night Dave Deacon and you said you can take it while the ladyin question was near enough in tears when she came past me.Think NickAplin should go on a anger management course 

Not sure that is factually correct, it was a brief encounter to the dugout rather than an individual and I'm sure it's water under the bridge for everyone. As Dave said no need to blow out of proportion.

You could argue he has been one of Liskeards best signings this season and you can see why the manager worked hard to bring him in.

Thought both wingers for Godolphin were also very tidy, quick with good feet. They maybe need a couple more signings to strengthen and tighten up though.

As always, a game of opinions.

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Darren Gilbert getting sent off, further sign that Bodmin are on the way back.

1 hour ago, FootballChat said:

In other news, water is wet.

Screaming at the ref and assistant that they were embarrassing themselves. 
Ironic really 😆

Not a good advert for the club though, especially as they are crying out for help. Who'd want to get involved with that?