Cornwall Football Forum

Transfer Rumours?

33 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

Who are all these Callington players gone then? I've only seen cloke and the keeper 

Garside as well he was at callington, callington must be worried if they lose anymore , they can not call on local players they burnt their bridges with them last year

42 minutes ago, tamar.man said:

Garside as well he was at callington, callington must be worried if they lose anymore , they can not call on local players they burnt their bridges with them last year

Lewis Russell also moved making 4 in total

On 19/06/2022 at 20:37, sportsman10 said:

Callington have signed Ben Joyce that about the only one i have seen 

also brought in Paul Edwards as assistant hope he doesn’t  find himself running onto any pitches trying to punch  opposition players 😂

still think they will do ok  next season might be dark horses 

Just signed Bentley Alcantara from Launceston and connor McCauley from parkway according to twitter.. and yes I agree dark horses need a good start,many teams will be aiming for top 4 as I think 4will go up for restructure of western league,

10 hours ago, tamar.man said:

Just signed Bentley Alcantara from Launceston and connor McCauley from parkway according to twitter.. and yes I agree dark horses need a good start,many teams will be aiming for top 4 as I think 4will go up for restructure of western league,

Connor McAuley was briefly at Parkway in 2017/18 after his release from Argyle.

Moved around a bit after that, last at Ivybridge (I think).

54 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

And as soon as you ask anyone the first thing they say is

"How much"

Sorry, we don't operate on that principle. 

Very sad that does seem to be the way now. more about how much budget is on offer. 
 hope penryn get someone in. Would hate to see them drop out the league 

8 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Very sad that does seem to be the way now. mall about how much budget 
 hope penryn get someone in. Would hate to see them drop out the league 

Agree. A really good club with excellent facilities and one of the best kept pitches around. Wonder how much the first COVID affected league in 2019/20 knocked them back. Prior to the season halting, they were flying high at the top of the St Piran under Harry Pope.

3 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Agree. A really good club with excellent facilities and one of the best kept pitches around. Wonder how much the first COVID affected league in 2019/20 knocked them back. Prior to the season halting, they were flying high at the top of the St Piran under Harry Pope.

Certainly Covid messed us up, we were going really well and looking strong, two years later a bit of a mess now.

Nobody seems interested in playing for sport anymore only cash. 

37 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Certainly Covid messed us up, we were going really well and looking strong, two years later a bit of a mess now.

Cash as opposed to a freezer full of bread or pasties back in the day😉😉😉

3 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Sorry to hear the news Dave, have enjoyed watching those boys the last few years. Played some great football and watched some cracking games in that time. Be a real shame if the club has to pull out the league they worked so hard to deservedly be in. All the best to you mate 👍👏🏼

Just been confirmed by SWPL Twitter that Penryn have indeed resigned 

51 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

Such a shame really feel for the hard working volunteers who turn up week in week out for the love of the club. They are the one's who suffer the most

Makes one wonder why anyone bothers if you ask me!

https://www.stnewlyneastafc.com/news/criminal-damage-2709601.html?fbclid=IwAR3NNqMZ8W7fj_zBXNo8Z7huKvW3vhzkqWs9HW6x8MYY1FVvmXJYNK_F0pQ

It's a shame that the clubs who are paying out large sums of money just in the hope that a trophy will appear in the clubhouse, don't realise the damage they are causing to the LOCAL football where most of their team probably started from.
It's already happening in the pro game, where players are being brought in from all over the world in the hope of winning a trophy and the ethos of entertaining supporters has long since been replaced with a win at all cost attitude.
I.m glad that I played my football at a time when winning was obviously important, but it wasn't the end of the world if you lost, in fact losing was the incentive to improve your abilities rather than seek an excuse for your failure.
Back in the current world of money buying perceived success, we certainly feel that football in the Peninsula league will be the loser having lost Penryn for whatever reason, here's hoping they are able to find their way back without having to engage with a money sponsor.

52 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Rumoured on Twitter (and not verified) is that Dan Jennings is on the move to Liskeard. Has to be a major blow to Bodmin, but also a big signing for The Blues. Be interesting to see though how they incorporate him into the side alongside James Lorenz. 

Be some strike force that to be fair. 

6 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Don’t feel the youngsters of penryn would have wanted money the clubs gotta ask why 5-6 of them will be playing for mousehole 2s and not penryn . Those / him at the top needs to take all responsibility for the clubs state . 

2 hours ago, glass hips said:

Don’t feel the youngsters of penryn would have wanted money the clubs gotta ask why 5-6 of them will be playing for mousehole 2s and not penryn . Those / him at the top needs to take all responsibility for the clubs state . 

Playing/signing for Mousehole also has the added attraction of Getty into the county youth set up due to Jake Ash’s connections if you ask me and probably their affiliation with Leeds. Doesn’t take much to turn a youngsters head or their parents for that matter. 

4 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Rumoured on Twitter (and not verified) is that Dan Jennings is on the move to Liskeard. Has to be a major blow to Bodmin, but also a big signing for The Blues. Be interesting to see though how they incorporate him into the side alongside James Lorenz. 

dan jennings confirmed to liskeard that is going to be some strike force with lorenz, james rowe and the returning tom cleveland at liskeard next season.

9 minutes ago, Buggzy said:

dan jennings confirmed to liskeard that is going to be some strike force with lorenz, james rowe and the returning tom cleveland at liskeard next season.

A strange BUT very good signing. 

I wdnt have thought this was the area they needed strengthening. 

Centre back is an area that needs looking at... The big lad can be easily got at

Jennings will score a lot of goals

Be some strike force at Liskeard now but i think Lorenz will of moved to another club before the season i think he may go to Falmouth or Helston also think Stu Bowker will go back to Bodmin they certainly need someone like him now that they have lost there main goalscorer .Liskeards top goal scorer Nick Aplin decided he wanted a break from football so his goals will be a miss for Liskeard but Jennings a good replacement 

12 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Suprised he gone to liskeard.

He should be playing western league football now. Helston should have tried he would have been what they needed 

where does that leave Bodmin  big blow to be honest 

Seems to be a consensus of opinion that Liskeard will be progressing upwards themselves in the near future. Well led off the pitch, extremely entertaining on it, big things happening at Lux Park 🙂

8 minutes ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Seems to be a consensus of opinion that Liskeard will be progressing upwards themselves in the near future. Well led off the pitch, extremely entertaining on it, big things happening at Lux Park 🙂

Been a long road back after a few false dawns under the likes of Chris Burchell, Dave Leonard and Darren Edwards. Still trying to erase the John Clarkson weeks in charge from my memory...

Remember a pretty dire Liskeard side (who were on there way to finishing bottom and being relegated) playing at Parkway in the 2012/13 season and getting savaged 9 nil, if it was a boxing match then the ref would have stopped the fight. The present team has a good solid nucleus of local lads who've played together for years, and this has helped in rebuilding the links between the town and club. A reward for the work that people such as Martin McHugh put in when they were on the floor.

The tie up/merger with St Cleer is a pretty progresive move as well, will be watching with interest how that works out. If successful, it could possibly be a blueprint in sharing resources for other clubs around the county.

6 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Been a long road back after a few false dawns under the likes of Chris Burchell, Dave Leonard and Darren Edwards. Still trying to erase the John Clarkson weeks in charge from my memory...

Remember a pretty dire Liskeard side (who were on there way to finishing bottom and being relegated) playing at Parkway in the 2012/13 season and getting savaged 9 nil, if it was a boxing match then the ref would have stopped the fight. The present team has a good solid nucleus of local lads who've played together for years, and this has helped in rebuilding the links between the town and club. A reward for the work that people such as Martin McHugh put in when they were on the floor.

The tie up/merger with St Cleer is a pretty progresive move as well, will be watching with interest how that works out. If successful, it could possibly be a blueprint in sharing resources for other clubs around the county.

Richard Woods and I had a clear idea what we wanted to build,,, I just wanted as many local players as possible for a reasonable amount of cost, Richard wanted entertaining football,,, it worked. The current management are highlighting the work that has gone into this and long may it continue. 

A fantastic bunch of lads, committee and management,  great formula for the future.  Do we need to push further?? I'm the wrong person to ask that question !!

MQx

Liskeard chucking around the £ notes as well as Wadebridge & St Blazey.

Be a straight shoot out between Liskeard and Blazey for me. Experience will get Blazey over the line in my opinion.

Also heard they got another signing along the same calibre as River Allen to be announced soon.

2 hours ago, Martin McHugh said:

Hilarious ,, have you seen what money is being quoted for bang average players in this league,,, don't get me started!!!

MQx

It's ridiculous Martin,only loyal to the pound it's ruined grass roots and players should be taxed on anything over their cost of fuel money.