Cornwall Football Forum

Pre-Season Friendly result

I'm not enthusiastic about pre season friendlies, and don't believe you can read too much into them, but yes, a good night for Buckland. My man at Homers Heath told me that the ex Parkway duo of Rob Farkins and Nick Milton were outstanding in defence for the Bucks. Having those two and an outstanding goalkeeper in Andy Collings, gives new boss Dan Hart a good foundation to build on.

38 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

I'm not enthusiastic about pre season friendlies, and don't believe you can read too much into them, but yes, a good night for Buckland. My man at Homers Heath told me that the ex Parkway duo of Rob Farkins and Nick Milton were outstanding in defence for the Bucks. Having those two and an outstanding goalkeeper in Andy Collings, gives new boss Dan Hart a good foundation to build on.

Totally agree, you can never gauge anything from friendlies really but a good run out. Two good sides getting stuck in, that's what you want to see, none of this mamby pamby play. 

19 minutes ago, Buckland Jim said:

Totally agree, you can never gauge anything from friendlies really but a good run out. Two good sides getting stuck in, that's what you want to see, none of this mamby pamby play. 

One or two ex Parkway players in the Buckland side who may have had a point to prove? I'll leave it at that.

Judging by his post game comments, appears that Dan Hart (another ex Parkway player) took it very seriously as well.

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

One or two ex Parkway players in the Buckland side who may have had a point to prove? I'll leave it at that.

Judging by his post game comments, appears that Dan Hart (another ex Parkway player) took it very seriously as well.

Think you maybe right there,plus Ex-Bucks Austen Booth for Parkway. Haven't seen Dan's comment's yet but he seemed rather animated on the bench, continually encouraging players and giving instructions, which I like to see.