Cornwall Football Forum

Pre Season Friendlies

B

LISKEARD  0-3  MOUSEHOLE

HT   0-1

Haha hope you’re well Bash! Hopefully catch you at a game soon mate!!?  I’ll be down Helston just to have one of those 🍔 cheeseburgers from the kitchen never mind the good football 😁

Good prediction Steve! Mousehole did indeed score 3 goals! Just that Liskeard didn’t get the 2 you said, although they came very close! Especially DJs diving header against the bar 2nd half. Mousehole played some stunning football, the little short sharp stuff around the corner on the edge of the area and one-twos was electric and Hayden Turners little dummy just before half time was worth the entrance fee of £8! (took the mrs) spent bout £15, she can’t half drink tea! Great strike from Watto near the end as well, still class, great signing for Ashy who must have been delighted with his boys. Spoke to Hodgie, Lee and DJ quickly after and they were pleased with the Blues performance and quite rightly so, thought they were excellent all over the pitch, and as we said they ain’t gonna play a Mousehole every week! Favourites to win the SWPL for me and even more so after watching them last night, said to my mrs you could be watching the champions of the Western and SWPL here tonight but she was watching Love Island on her phone!! 😂

Sat with premier league official of 14 seasons Simon Long all 2nd half and had a great insight into refereeing and assistant refs, there’s a lot to it! Positioning is everything, fitness, etc. Thought the ref and Lino’s had a good game last night, got the big decisions right, a few pen shouts first half, handled the game well with a smile. Both keepers excellent as well by the way Ollie Chenoweth and Luke Gwillam both made a few good saves especially at 0-0. Very good nights football between two very good teams who will no doubt be challenging and possibly winning their respective league titles this season!? 👏🏼👍

Went and watched Newquay play St Day this afternoon really good game Newquay winning 2-1 but i thought a draw would of been a fair result , St Day played lovely football with ex G players Ben Williams and Francis Pengelly both having fine games for St DAY ,Newquay went 1-0 in the 1st half i thought against the run of play early in the 2nd half they increased there lead to 2-0 but St Day came back and scored after a mess in the Newquay goal area .

Both teams where missing a lot of players due to going away on holiday 5 for Newquay and 4 for St Day but it was still a very good game very even. 

My mom for Newquay is Brad Leivers a constant threat down the wing putting over some fine crosses and for St Day Ben Williams played really well at the heart of the defence 

Next Saturday Welsh side Lydney come to town hope they are given a good old Cornish Welcome but before that im off to Wadebridge Thursday night to see them play the Truro Youngsters 

MILLBROOK RES  1        85’

WADEBRIDGE  5             Smale  36’ 65’   Rapsey 16’  Mellor 23’   Rowe 61’

HT   0-3

ATT:  62

Another entertaining game on a dry rock hard difficult pitch for the players despite a bit of overnight rain. Wadebridge looking impressive again against St.Piran league East opposition after their 7-0 midweek win over Polperro. The visitors got into their stride fairly early and took the lead when Jack Rapsey dispossessed a defender 25 yards out and ran on to shoot into the bottom corner. Young Sam Mellor made some space on the edge of the area to double the lead 5 minutes later before Chris Reski’s low drive was beaten out by the keeper for Rapsey to follow up and put in the rebound but a late flag deemed it offside 🤓🥸 i was virtually in line and I’m not saying nothing! 🤔 Be interesting seeing the Veo footage of it though!! Even the legend Danny Medlin still looking class on the ball at the back for Millbrook these days said it was about 3 yards onside. It didn’t really matter, maybe only for Jack, as Reski whipped in a pinpoint near post corner for Jacob Smale to score with a bullet roof of the net header to make it 3-0 at the break. 

The second half started as the first finished with Smale and the excellent Kieran Rowe flying down the left hand side causing havoc all game and a pretty savage tackle for a friendly was all the defender could do to stop the rampant Rowe from yet another nutmeg and was duly yellow carded by the Scottish ref, sorry forgot his name! Who gave as good as he got from the players! More in some cases!! 😁 Rapsey drifted past a couple players down the left channel and cut the ball back from the byline for Rowe to arrive right on time to drill the ball into the bottom corner and a few minutes later it was 5-0 as the for once the underworked Rob Roseveare knocked a long ball upfield for Rapsey to head on into Smale’s path and he beat the keeper to the ball to prod home his second of the game. With about 20 minutes to go a raft of changes for both teams saw the momentum go out the game a little bit but the Bridgers were unlucky when Kyle Flew shot into the side netting and after a mazy run past four defenders Rapsey’s dink was tipped onto the post by the busy home keeper. The hosts did score a late consolation with a good header into the bottom corner from a corner kick which they deserved for their efforts, playing some very nice fast paced football at times on the tricky pitch. 

To sum up, a decent game, was spoilt last night watching Liskeard v Mousehole but some lovely football here again today. Great to see Meds again still playing and looking good at 42 is it? Maybe not the box to box midfielder he was in his prime but a great influence on this team from his role at the back. For Wadebridge so many good performances, I’m really enjoying watching this team, Simmo at the back what a defender and such an influence on this pretty young team, Resk in midfield never seems to give the ball away, pops up everywhere and his set piece delivery was something else. Smaler and Rower down the left ripped Millbrook to bits at time with their skill and pace, such a shame Rower goes back to the USA for his football scholarship a day before the season starts, what a player! And got to say young Rappo up front was everywhere, his touch and movement is better than mine ever was to be honest! Scored the opener, set 2 goals up, and hit the post today!  I was basically quick and could finish and played in good teams!!  Couldn’t really pick a man of the match from that lot, all superb on the day. Two really enjoyable games of football this weekend, any games on tomorrow?? 😂👍

Was told by 1 of the Newquay Committee it was a Welsh side i was never good at Geography i do know this is Cornwall not England .Lydney Town next week ,The more i see of the little red hair player the more i like him hes not afraid to get stuck in . Good 3 -0 win for Godolphin away to Portheleven Jay Davie with 2 goals and Eli Evans with the other glad hes back hes been with Tavi pre season .Ok time to watch the ladies footy on tv now 

Seems like you saw a good game with Wadebridge vs Millbrook i see Matt Lloyds name isnt on the goalscorers i expect that means he didnt play saving himself for Thursday vs the young lads of Truro hope your Jack continues the good form hes on now i do rate Truros young goalie Morgan Coxhead though 

Have a good week everyone 

Yeah Steve, seen a couple of cracking games this weekend! Bit better than working I must admit! Yeah Lloydy had cricket today, Tom Strike at a wedding, Sam Gerken, Morgan Vallejo and Tyler Cooke all on holiday, Sam Wickens and Ewan Reeves working, Cory Sergeant at a festival. 8 out altogether!! Will Tucker and a couple 16 year olds made up the bench today so probably an even better result than it looks!! 😁👍 Hopefully be a few back Thursday for you mate!? Working again so I’ll have to rely on your report this time! Should be a decent game with Truro’s talented young lads, two footballing teams, hope you enjoy it Steve. Thought St.Day would give Newquay a good game today, very good side and unlucky not to be in the SWPL this season. Only a poor finish to last season saw them get pipped by Mullion, I’m sure they want to rectify that this season. Don’t know if you’ve visited St,Day Steve but there’s a great set up at the Vogue, nice place to watch a game 👍

10 hours ago, Thomas mcabe said:

Did anyone go to the Barnstaple v Sticker game today ? 

Didn't go to the match but saw the result on the Barnstaple F.C. website, Barnstable won 5-2 apparently.

Sticker used to have one of the better run websites with match reports etc before their administrator Razor61 passed away, not a lot has been posted since.

Morning Mark Wadebridge had a lot of players out then hope they have the full team back for Thursday I got to go because my neighbour Waynes son is playing in goal for Wadebridge hes very good after Wayne Roberts and Rob have been coaching him im looking forward to seeing the young Talented Truro side and i think the goalie Morgan Coxhead is a real good goalie .

I have never been to St Days ground Mark i usually just keep it locally mostly Wadebridge ,St Austell and Blazey and Sticker and St Dennis 

I will do a report for the match on Thursday but dont know many of the Truro lads Morgan and Harry Phillips thats it 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Morning Mark Wadebridge had a lot of players out then hope they have the full team back for Thursday I got to go because my neighbour Waynes son is playing in goal for Wadebridge hes very good after Wayne Roberts and Rob have been coaching him im looking forward to seeing the young Talented Truro side and i think the goalie Morgan Coxhead is a real good goalie .

I have never been to St Days ground Mark i usually just keep it locally mostly Wadebridge ,St Austell and Blazey and Sticker and St Dennis 

I will do a report for the match on Thursday but dont know many of the Truro lads Morgan and Harry Phillips thats it 

Approximate mileages Steve - St.Day 16 miles,Wadebridge 16 mls,St.Austell 18 mls,St.Dennis 10 mls,St.Blazey 20 mls and Sticker 14 mls so not much in it really.

Yes, it finished Barnstaple 5 Sticker 2. A young Barnstaple side ran out worthy winners against Sticker in a good contest and minutes in the legs for both teams. The home No 10 was always a threat in front of goal and a big factor in the score line. Sticker improved in the 2nd half with goals from Rich Edworthy and Logan Taylor. A late goal mouth scramble made the final score slightly flattering for the home side playing Western League football in 22/23. Thanks from Sticker FC for the warm reception received at Mill Road.

It is hoped the website will be up and running again soon.

On 24/07/2022 at 15:02, Kevin Dowrick said:

Yes, it finished Barnstaple 5 Sticker 2. A young Barnstaple side ran out worthy winners against Sticker in a good contest and minutes in the legs for both teams. The home No 10 was always a threat in front of goal and a big factor in the score line. Sticker improved in the 2nd half with goals from Rich Edworthy and Logan Taylor. A late goal mouth scramble made the final score slightly flattering for the home side playing Western League football in 22/23. Thanks from Sticker FC for the warm reception received at Mill Road.

It is hoped the website will be up and running again soon.

Thank you Kevin .

How are the sticker youngsters looking? 

ST.BLAZEY      3          Eddy 32’  87’   Cloke 28’

IVYBRIDGE     1             83’

HT   2-0

ATT;  190

Third match in 4 days! 😁👍️  Back to reality tomorrow night until Saturday though! 🥺🤓 Great to see the legend Roger Fice there tonight supporting son Ryan, Blazeys new boss. One of the best strikers around when I was just coming onto the scene, lovely to see him. Nice to catch up with Lafs and my old mucker Sweeter before the game, exciting times at Blazey ahead I think with some proper football people involved with the club to help Paul etc with the top work already been done. Blazey look quality on the pitch as well and Ficey looks like he’s already got a nice balance about this team, I’m no tactician or manager but looked like a nice solid 3-5-2 with a strong experienced back 3 of Tins, Coops and Giler, wing backs cracking on, youngster Rio and Jack Alexander really pacy and lively down the right. The classy as ever Brokes holding the midfield with the busy Dings and impressive Garside really busy with Edds looking really sharp up front alongside the hard working Luke Cloke. Even had Steve Rogers and Jed Smale on the bench to bring on last half hour with Marksy out with a knee injury for about 6 weeks, gutted for him, top lad and player along with Callum McGhee son of my old mate Dave also out injured. Looked like Tins might have done his hamstring late in this game as well so lucky Ficey got a big squad, which you need to be up there competing for the title which I’m sure Blazey will be along with Liskeard for me, just my opinion from what I’ve seen so far. An opening goal for Cloke with a shot he took early which the keeper just couldn’t get enough of a hand on and then a fortuitous deflection into the path of Edds 4 minutes later to never look a gift horse in the mouth and finish well with a low slot. Got to say thought Ivybridge looked a fit and tidy side and their captain at centre half looked a quality player amongst others. They actually scored the goal of the game with a sublime chip after a rare mix up in the home defence after Cloke had his penalty well saved by the keeper diving full stretch to his right on the hour. Cloke made amends by teeing up Edds for the clincher a few minutes before the end with a clinical finish across the keeper. Another enjoyable game I must say and really nice to see a lot of young lads there watching in the really healthy 190 odd in attendance, fans for the future hopefully!?  Think Monday night football could well catch on!?! Thought the young ref had a cracking game as well, spot on 👍👏🏼 Liskeard and Blazey to battle it out for the title with a few dark horses tucked in behind for me. 

22 hours ago, RAPPO said:

ST.BLAZEY      3          Eddy 32’  87’   Cloke 28’

IVYBRIDGE     1             83’

HT   2-0

ATT;  190

Third match in 4 days! 😁👍️  Back to reality tomorrow night until Saturday though! 🥺🤓 Great to see the legend Roger Fice there tonight supporting son Ryan, Blazeys new boss. One of the best strikers around when I was just coming onto the scene, lovely to see him. Nice to catch up with Lafs and my old mucker Sweeter before the game, exciting times at Blazey ahead I think with some proper football people involved with the club to help Paul etc with the top work already been done. Blazey look quality on the pitch as well and Ficey looks like he’s already got a nice balance about this team, I’m no tactician or manager but looked like a nice solid 3-5-2 with a strong experienced back 3 of Tins, Coops and Giler, wing backs cracking on, youngster Rio and Jack Alexander really pacy and lively down the right. The classy as ever Brokes holding the midfield with the busy Dings and impressive Garside really busy with Edds looking really sharp up front alongside the hard working Luke Cloke. Even had Steve Rogers and Jed Smale on the bench to bring on last half hour with Marksy out with a knee injury for about 6 weeks, gutted for him, top lad and player along with Callum McGhee son of my old mate Dave also out injured. Looked like Tins might have done his hamstring late in this game as well so lucky Ficey got a big squad, which you need to be up there competing for the title which I’m sure Blazey will be along with Liskeard for me, just my opinion from what I’ve seen so far. An opening goal for Cloke with a shot he took early which the keeper just couldn’t get enough of a hand on and then a fortuitous deflection into the path of Edds 4 minutes later to never look a gift horse in the mouth and finish well with a low slot. Got to say thought Ivybridge looked a fit and tidy side and their captain at centre half looked a quality player amongst others. They actually scored the goal of the game with a sublime chip after a rare mix up in the home defence after Cloke had his penalty well saved by the keeper diving full stretch to his right on the hour. Cloke made amends by teeing up Edds for the clincher a few minutes before the end with a clinical finish across the keeper. Another enjoyable game I must say and really nice to see a lot of young lads there watching in the really healthy 190 odd in attendance, fans for the future hopefully!?  Think Monday night football could well catch on!?! Thought the young ref had a cracking game as well, spot on 👍👏🏼 Liskeard and Blazey to battle it out for the title with a few dark horses tucked in behind for me. 

Excellent report Rappo.

Monday night football, why not? Sure the purists and traditionalists used to knock Friday night games when they started to happen, now they're an integral part of the fixture list.

Would I be right in saying that somebody from Blazey has previously talked about under 18 matches getting decent attendances on a Monday night? Seems like there is a precedent.

Quite agree WOTP, don’t really matter to me as I do 12 hour night shifts 4 on 4 off but for most people Monday is the most depressing day of the week! Think a bit of Monday night football might be the way forward to cheer a few people up and give them something to look forward to in the evenings!?! Guaranteed a decent crowd if the only game on that night would have thought as well? Might not be for every club or manager after a Saturday fixture but I’m sure a few clubs would go for it, bit of extra revenue in the bar and at the tea hut, not to mention through the gate? Maybe u16s get in free night!? Supporters for the future there!? Not sure if it would give Phil a headache fixture list wise? I would definitely go if I was off on a Monday night though? Wonder what percentage would be for or against WOTP? Maybe Deacs could do one of his surveys to see if it’s something the SWPL football supporters would like to see? I know the Friday night games go down well, bit different maybe? 🤔👍

Well done Sticker by the way, think that’s the first friendly Millbrook have lost in pre season, regardless of line ups, they’ve beaten Bodmin 4-1 and St.Austell 6-1 so a nice confidence booster for Flacky and his boys 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Excellent report Rappo.

Monday night football, why not? Sure the purists and traditionalists used to knock Friday night games when they started to happen, now they're an integral part of the fixture list.

Would I be right in saying that somebody from Blazey has previously talked about under 18 matches getting decent attendances on a Monday night? Seems like there is a precedent.

It’s great to see what’s happening at st Blazey proper football people working together to bring the club back to where it belongs. 

Pre season opinions of the Sticker set up don't appear to be as far fetched as it appeared if they have beaten a strong Millbrook Western league side.
Millbrooks reserve team were due to play a Torquay side at Jenkins Park on the same evening, so it's doubtful that their side was a weak one .

On 27/07/2022 at 07:56, We Two said:

Pre season opinions of the Sticker set up don't appear to be as far fetched as it appeared if they have beaten a strong Millbrook Western league side.
Millbrooks reserve team were due to play a Torquay side at Jenkins Park on the same evening, so it's doubtful that their side was a weak one .

I cant remember which thread it was, i think maybe pre season predictions and a chap put Sticker to win it! Imagine if they go an do a Leicester haha well all look rather foolish indeed, well done sticker!

On 26/07/2022 at 22:50, RAPPO said:

Quite agree WOTP, don’t really matter to me as I do 12 hour night shifts 4 on 4 off but for most people Monday is the most depressing day of the week! Think a bit of Monday night football might be the way forward to cheer a few people up and give them something to look forward to in the evenings!?! Guaranteed a decent crowd if the only game on that night would have thought as well? Might not be for every club or manager after a Saturday fixture but I’m sure a few clubs would go for it, bit of extra revenue in the bar and at the tea hut, not to mention through the gate? Maybe u16s get in free night!? Supporters for the future there!? Not sure if it would give Phil a headache fixture list wise? I would definitely go if I was off on a Monday night though? Wonder what percentage would be for or against WOTP? Maybe Deacs could do one of his surveys to see if it’s something the SWPL football supporters would like to see? I know the Friday night games go down well, bit different maybe? 🤔👍

Well done Sticker by the way, think that’s the first friendly Millbrook have lost in pre season, regardless of line ups, they’ve beaten Bodmin 4-1 and St.Austell 6-1 so a nice confidence booster for Flacky and his boys 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

When I lived in Devon (sorry) Crediton used to play on Monday nights and got some decent crowds. I am very much a Saturday at 3pm kind of guy but Monday night football can be a real bonus. I'd be happy to see more of it. Perhaps one game each week in the SWPL West? 

56 minutes ago, supportcornishfootball said:

I cant remember which thread it was, i think maybe pre season predictions and a chap put Sticker to win it! Imagine if they go an do a Leicester haha well all look rather foolish indeed, well done sticker!

Apparently you won’t win anything with kids haha ! 
But they have a nice blend of youth and good seniors. 
From what I have seen so far St Blazey are the team to beat so impressive he last 2 games I have seen. 
It wouldn’t shock me if Sticker were top 6 though it all depends if they keep hold of the youngsters Cooke Chapman Nanks Bray.

5 minutes ago, Thomas mcabe said:

From what I have seen so far St Blazey are the team to beat so impressive he last 2 games I have seen. 
It wouldn’t shock me if Sticker were top 6 though it all depends if they keep hold of the youngsters Cooke Chapman Nanks Bray.

Yes I remember that famous quote haha - I have watched quite a few pre season games and I think however there is a mixture needed, the reliance on youth will show up into the season, a lot of the young players I have seen look to be at this level too early, havent developed physically or have the game knowledge either - as you say a good mix is needed of youth and experience. 

It seems to be the thinking the title is Blazeys to lose this season, great things happening over there - i think were in for an enjoyable season fellows 

Went and Watched Wadebridge vs Truro Reserves tonight in a 2-2 draw i missed both of the Wadebridge goals scored by Sam Mellor and Jack Rapsey sorry Jack heard was a screamer and i missed it you dont do tap ins .Wadebridge was struggling to find a goalie tonight with Rob working and Newlyn East refusing to let Nathan Prentice play so this young lad called Tom played and he didnt let the team down .

I will be honest but what i saw of the match i thought the Bridger where poor tonight they went  2-0 down with the big No9 Finn Harrison getting the 1st then they gave away a silly pen which was dispatched with ease . 

Wadebridge brought severel subs on and Jack Rapsey was having a fine game causing lots of problems and Sam WICKENS also came on and was also playing well but i never seen him have a bad game i left when it was 2-0 because my eyes get bad thanks Radiotherapy for buggering my eyes up ,im lucky to be writhing this at all because driving back to Newquay on the roundabout turning off to Newquay i car doing about 60 shot right across in front of me i was just waiting for the impact but lucky it never came think i must of had a angel on my shoulder or my dead partner AMANDA saying go away nasty car your not going to damage my car its her car i drive now anyway im still here to piss people off .

Ok my Mom for  The Bridger goes to Sam Gerken thought he was brilliant tonight and for Truro the player they kept calling Grange im wandering if was Jacob Grange who use to play for Newquay and the G he was very good i also like Morgan Coxhead the Truro Goalie he seems to be very confident .

Thought the officials did very well left the game flow didnt really have a lot to do maybe given the pen was the only real decision but clearest pen you will see all season .

Onto Newquay this Saturday vs Lidney and have heard Lidney have no goalie and Newquay are lending them 1 of theres as long as its not Harry 

Thanks for the report Steve, bit hectic here tonight mate! Put the live twitter stream on one of my computers and I couldn’t get any sound but the picture was pretty good! Not that I saw much of it unfortunately! Work comes first as they say! The times I did catch the odd 20 seconds or so it looked like the Bridgers slick passing they’ve been producing all pre season deserted them tonight! Truro look a young talented tidy outfit don’t they, be surprised if they dont do well in the SPL West this season with that side? Suppose the Bridgers can take the fact that they come back from 0-2 down with 10 minutes to go as a positive, obviously got a bit of character about them. Saw Jacks goal on the Veo highlights Steve, was a worldie to be fair with his left foot as well!! Like you say he doesn’t score tap ins like his old man! 😀 Shame bout you having to leave midweek games early, sounds like someone was looking down on you tonight mate! 👌I’ll  try and put it on here so you can see it mate. Due a break in a minute, gasping for a latte or two to keep me wide awake until 9am, I’ll give it a go same time!? Not the best with modern technology tho! All the best Steve, catch you and Smokie somewhere soon mate. 👍

Sorry Steve, tried to put it on but  it just kept saying file too big or something? Pretty crap at stuff like that so I put it on twitter! Hopefully you look at that mate? If not you should! Good for all the local footie! You’d enjoy it! All the best mate 👍🤮

16 hours ago, supportcornishfootball said:

It seems to be the thinking the title is Blazeys to lose this season, great things happening over there

There's a massive obstacle blocking the route to St Blazey silverware this season: Liskeard Athletic.

Perhaps it's recently been unfashionable to give the Lux Park outfit more than a fleeting glimpse, believe me, any side that underrates them this season will be in for an almighty shock.

They've been quietly shifting gears and developing game plans during pre season and have already attained favourable reviews for their attractive, positive blend of Football.

There's no such thing as a banker in non league circles but Liskeard come pretty close to it 👍

No disrespect to Blazey of course 🙂

1 hour ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

There's a massive obstacle blocking the route to St Blazey silverware this season: Liskeard Athletic.

Perhaps it's recently been unfashionable to give the Lux Park outfit more than a fleeting glimpse, believe me, any side that underrates them this season will be in for an almighty shock.

They've been quietly shifting gears and developing game plans during pre season and have already attained favourable reviews for their attractive, positive blend of Football.

There's no such thing as a banker in non league circles but Liskeard come pretty close to it 👍

Pressure on Liskeard this season, similar to Falmouth last season, but I agree, it’s Liskeard’s to lose, settled squad with a reliable striker added. There’s a bit more to do at St Blazey which will take a bit of time, and any early points lost will give Liskeard a head start. It wouldn’t surprise me if Liskeard go unbeaten throughout the season. A much awaited fixture.

2 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Thanks for your kind words , the lads are certainly working hard in training and look raring to go but certainly wont be taking anything for granted. Hopefully catch up with you soon at Lux, which is certainly looking fantastic at the moment.

Morning Mark must be pretty hectic there at the Hospital i was there earlier in the week for a scan was waiting for 4 hours but people where there lot longer than me ,im also crap with technology i havnt even got a smart phone for the simple reason i wouldnt be able to use it .Jack is looking good for the season he was waving to me think he wanted me to take his photo but i didnt realise that but took severel of him .Well thats the end of my trips to Wadebridge for a while . 

Up to Newquay tmmrw to see them play Lidney should be a good game 

Yeah pretty manic and non stop here these days Steve, 6 hour wait last night, 20+ ambulances outside is the norm in these summer months mate 🥺. Crazy really, you get a hospital every 10 miles up London, we got Treliske then you’re up Derriford! Anyway won’t moan, what’s the point! Enjoy Mount Wise tomorrow Steve, always think it’s still one of our iconic Cornish grounds especially on a nice sunny day! Many happy memories from that place mate! Always good to see a new team that we wouldn’t necessarily watch very often. I’m sure they’ll enjoy their weekend in Newquay, remember having some cracking friendlies against good teams down for a pre season bonding game and weekend at Newquay. Remember beating Leek Town 5-3 and Sean Hooper smashing one in the top corner from about 40 yards!! Made Jacks goal from last night look like a tap in!! 😂 All the best Steve, hope you see a good game and a Newquay win mate 👍👏🏼

7 hours ago, JonColenzo said:

Thanks for your kind words , the lads are certainly working hard in training and look raring to go but certainly wont be taking anything for granted. Hopefully catch up with you soon at Lux, which is certainly looking fantastic at the moment.

Cheers Jon 👍🙂

Looking forward to sampling those comfy new seats again.

Hi Mark it is chaos down Treliske at the moment not like it use to be , Should be a good game at Mt Wise to me got to take some photos of my neighbours son James who is playing in goal for Lydney tmmrw because Lydney havnt got a goalie .Hope its a nice day for the football and theres a decent crowd up there 

Well I must say I’ve just watched a brilliant game down at blaise park tonight. I don’t think blazey realised quite how strong gunni would be. Gunnislake went 1 down via an Alexander goal after probably starting slightly the better team, which myself and a lot of other spectators thought may have been the first of a few, but Gunnislake persevered and continued to be the better side and bossed blazey in all areas of the park, truth be told it was hard to tell which team had the players who were being paid and which wasn’t. Levelled through a Jordan Williams goal after Andre Rodukov rattled the post, followed swiftly by a Kevin McCallion free kick at the near post. Second half again thinking blazey may fitness and quality showed, gunnis fitness started to show at the hour mark but they sat in and contained blazey who didn’t really create many chances despite having the quality of their full strength side on the pitch, river was kept quiet aswell as the blazey front 2 eddy and Cloake and gunnislake finish comfortable and deserved winners. Be interesting to see how they do this year as a lot were tipping blazey as swpl favourites 🤔 

1 hour ago, Grassrootsgary said:

Well I must say I’ve just watched a brilliant game down at blaise park tonight. I don’t think blazey realised quite how strong gunni would be. Gunnislake went 1 down via an Alexander goal after probably starting slightly the better team, which myself and a lot of other spectators thought may have been the first of a few, but Gunnislake persevered and continued to be the better side and bossed blazey in all areas of the park, truth be told it was hard to tell which team had the players who were being paid and which wasn’t. Levelled through a Jordan Williams goal after Andre Rodukov rattled the post, followed swiftly by a Kevin McCallion free kick at the near post. Second half again thinking blazey may fitness and quality showed, gunnis fitness started to show at the hour mark but they sat in and contained blazey who didn’t really create many chances despite having the quality of their full strength side on the pitch, river was kept quiet aswell as the blazey front 2 eddy and Cloake and gunnislake finish comfortable and deserved winners. Be interesting to see how they do this year as a lot were tipping blazey as swpl favourites 🤔 

You’ve definitely hit the nail right on the head with the mention of payment because they wouldn’t have been paid for a preseason friendly which is probably why I didn’t win to be honestYou’ve definitely hit the nail right on the head with the mention of payment because they wouldn’t have been paid for a preseason friendly which is probably why I didn’t win to be honest.

Was anyone at the Blazey game last night? I know it’s a preseason friendly but surely they would have planned this game thinking they could get a few goals to build confidence before starting next week! Liskeard must be licking their lips!

Went and watched Newquay beat Lydney 2-0 this afternoon goals scored by Ross Fallens and the youngster Connor Wharton , this was a brilliant display from Newquay this afternoon they dominated the match the defence with the 3 ex Penryn players of Boase ,Shaw and LEIVERS where that good Brad Leivers will surely go to a bigger club before long hes just so good ,the midfield was really good as well young Noah just gets better and better and what can i say about Ross Fallens hes just class and what a display he put on today if you was given marks out of 10 he would get a 10 hes that good also young Rhys is looking a brilliant signing then you got the forwards it was the best i have seen Phil Lowry play for a long time his flick ons was brilliant it was like the Phil of old in a G shirt .

Newquay put on a brilliant display and scored 1st through Ross Fallens beaten the LYDNEY goalie Dan Mc Kenna who is Newquay Academy goalie the 2nd goal came from the impressive Connor Wharton after great team play HT 2-0 

2 half Lydney had the other Newquay Academy James in goal and hes my neighbour , he looked very confident and he came for 1 cross and he was absolutely flattened by the Newquay player it did look serious and it must of been a worry for his dad Wayne but after a bit of a break he was ok to carry on and did very well and kept a clean sheet . 

MY MOM FOR NEWQUAY ROSS FALLENS CLASS PLAYER AND FOR Lydney My neighbours son JAMES who dealt with everything Newquay could tharow at him 

On this display Newquay will surprise some teams this was a 1st class display from the whole team ,Good luck to Lydney for coming to our town . 

The officials where all good the linesman on my side must think im following him because because i have seen him in 3 friendlies i have been to this pre season .

Onto to the harder stuff now and Wendron 1st home game and that will test the team and the youngsters in the team 

Well done Newquay you where really good this afternoon i expect i will be writing you where crap as the season goes on but not today 

On 28/07/2022 at 14:50, Thomas mcabe said:

We have kept them bud 👍