Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphins 2 new signings leave without kicking a ball for the G

Godolphin announced 2 new signings MORGAN VALLEJO AND TYLER COOKE well they both didnt last long they have both joined Wadebridge without kicking a ball ,looks like the Harry Pope era has begun these 2 where Adam Patersons signings and he obviously Harry  didnt think much of them  ,was looking forward to seeing them play now they will be in the red of the Bridger. 

Godolphin will have to start signing players soon because the new season is nearly here 

I will be at Godolphin way this Saturday to watch them play Neil Prices new team Launceston ,last time i saw Neil he was marking Plymouth legend Tommy Tynan in the semi final of the Fa cup at Villa Park ,if only if Argyle had stopped John Barnes going down the wing and putting it over for George Reilly to head the only goal of the game Leigh Cooper should of kicked the crap out of Barnes but he didnt to nice of a bloke Leigh is Norman Hunter would of kicked Barnes over the stand .To many what ifs 

I will predict a Godolphin win 3-1 and Newquay away to Bude 4-0 to Newquay 

Hi Steve, without wishing to stick my nose in, I think to be fair to Harry the lads left before he joined mate. I’m sure he would have been more than happy to keep both boys as he played them regularly in his Penryn teams. They signed for Patpat as you said but obviously with him announcing he was leaving the opportunity arose to sign for Wadebridge which they did. Rower moved in quickly before the G announced Popey as the new manager I think you’ll find Steve. 👍 Enjoy Newquay v Launceston on Saturday.  Be a good contest Boasey v The Waltz I should think mate 👍

I’ve heard a few others who were set to sign when Adam was manager have now not done also. Too early to see if this is a worry for the G as we’re not sure of the size of the squad I guess until this Saturday. It’s a shame as Adam had a great set of lads who wanted to play for him, I understand putting your own stamp on things but also it’s a shame to lose good players.

Like Rappo said though I think with the two chaps mentioned it’s the players choice, could be a combination of being really happy at Wadebridge and having a manager show them they are wanted, and potentially not wanting to play for Harry. It’s all what ifs I guess. 

I think G are in for a tough opener unless there have been signings made, and agree I think Newquay should win that one, going to go for 3-1 Newquay 

Big loss for Launceston that one! Think The Waltz was captain in some pre season friendlies as well. Great signing for Callington though, think Waltz scored 20 odd last season so in possibly a better team that Shaun has been building at Cally he could well be up around the 30 mark!? 👍👏🏼

Hi Mark as soon as they knew Adam was leaving they wanted out Wadebridge got a hell of a big squad now cant see how they are going to keep all those players happy . 

Just to tell you Mark its Godolphin vs Launceston so Boase wont be playing against the Waltz he is no longer at Launceston hes gone to Callington didnt think he would of left the Clarets great player on the pitch and also off it so i have been told big loss for Launceston but great news for the G should win i hope hope so because of the manager was in the Watford team that knocked Argyle out of the Semi Final of the FA CUP i remember that day so well i was there with my missus at the time we would go to every Plymouth match home and away great times .

Will be seeing how Liskeard get on tonight with the fire power they have got i think i got them down to win 6-0 

Yeah nice problem for Rower to have with all those quality players, what a manager wants I guess Steve, to have a headache trying to pick his 11 for every game! Sorry mate, read it wrong! Godolphin v Launceston, fancy the G to get Popey off to a winning start on Saturday! Enjoy the game Steve, I’m sure you’ll be watching Boasey, Shawsy and Brad at Mount Wise soon enough mate! Watched The Waltz play for Callington at Liskeard tonight, two good sides, bit of a game of two halves as they say mate 👍

Morning Mark glad you enjoyed the game last night i will be watching Newquay vs Wendron next Wednesday at Mt Wise where Boase ,Shaw and Leivers will be up against old team mates May and Reeve should be  a cracker but 1st the Tuesday night game at Gosolphin Way where the G vs Dobwalls who have lost a lot of players but 1 player still there striker Kelvin Fyneboy good player 

Only a couple of days now before we go and watch the G VS Launceston hoping the G can start off with a win pretty confident they will