Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard 2 Callington 2

What a cracking game of football,..liskeard scored a early goal .the callington defence could not handle Jennings and Lorenz, their movement and pace was giving callington all sorts of problems, callington played with 3 centre  backs and wing backs  but it just was not working for them, the 3 are good big strong defenders but no pace, and callington done nothing first half , how they went in 1 0 half time no one will ever know , but they held on.....second they changed it and brought on a young right back and looked better, but liskeard grabbed another after Cally keeper couldn't hold onto a shot ,Cally never gave up,brought some very impressive young subs and changed the game, they attacked wave after wave of quick attacking football grabbed a goal back, but we're caught on the break many times, I lost count of goal line clearances Cally made but it was end to end stuff ,Cally grabbed the second goal after liskeard keeper took is turn at a mistake,either team could of won but a draw ended a fair result, liskeards attack Look good and will score many ,Cally never gave up and on this showing both teams look top teams to watch, 232 there to watch this cracker!

What a bizarre game! Liskeard were OK first half but only because of how dreadful Callington were. No one in midfield pressed or closed the Liskeard midfield down so they completely controlled the game. Numerous missed chances from Lorenz and the DJ fella should have made this 5 or 6 nil. Then.... fair play to Callington, some tactical changes across the middle of the park stopped the one way traffic and somehow they pinched a goal back. Then the Liskeard GK failed to hold on to a weak shot and out of nowhere it was all square. Two points dropped for Liskeard who should have won this with ease.

Fast Track Summary:

Good crowd

Great looking pitch

1-0, third minute

Sackful of missed Liskeard chances

Second half 2-0 Liskeard relax

Shock bizarre Cally goal 2-1

Spirited, stirring Cally fightback 

Equaliser 2-2, Cally euphoria 

Liskeard regroup, gloves off time

More scorned chances

Can't get the ball in the net

Panic, mayhem, final whistle

Nice advert for SWPL Football 👍

8 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Callington will be right up there and  be a right awkward team to come up against for the clubs  chasing the title .

I've seen Callington on a number of occasions over recent seasons, must admit they looked a hell of a lot more organised last night. A willingness to play decent football all over the pitch and most importantly.... a spirited passion to never give up. That was an impressive comeback at Lux Park 👏

37 minutes ago, Jeff's Telling said:

Makes some of the small number of rather wild score predictions elsewhere on this site look rather daft, and if I may say so,rather disrespectful to Callington Town FC

Even JonColenzo had Liskeard down for a 4-0 win! More than happy to look daft, and fair enough to Callington for proving us all wrong!!

No disrespect intended from anyone, I think a lot of us have seen the firepower that Liskeard have at their disposal and expected them to score and win comfortably.

I'm just lucky i didnt slap £20 on it at the local bookies!!

1 hour ago, Jeff's Telling said:

Makes some of the small number of rather wild score predictions elsewhere on this site look rather daft, and if I may say so,rather disrespectful to Callington Town FC

Not seen Liskeard play Pre-Season but based my prediction on the views of others on this forum. In all fairness I ballsed up the others from last night too, so shows what I know... Don't think there will be too much change to the leaderboard after those results 🤔

45 minutes ago, SCFC said:

Even JonColenzo had Liskeard down for a 4-0 win! More than happy to look daft, and fair enough to Callington for proving us all wrong!!

No disrespect intended from anyone, I think a lot of us have seen the firepower that Liskeard have at their disposal and expected them to score and win comfortably.

I'm just lucky i didnt slap £20 on it at the local bookies!!

Liskeards Dan Jennings was on his knees 3 or 4 times thumping the ground in disbelief and frustration. The Callington defending and last ditch goal line clearances were of heroic proportions. They literally stopped the tide coming in.

To top it off Callington fought back so hard they could very well have won it, it was an enthralling second half of end to end Football 👏