Mullion                             4-1          Camelford

St Austell                         2-0        Dobwalls

St Blazey                         3-1         Penzance

Wadebridge Town          3-1          St Dennis            

FA CUP, Extra Preliminary Round

Liskeard Athletic              1-4          Shepton Mallet

Tavistock                          2-3         Brixham

St austell 2 dobwalls 0 

town finally get the breakthrough late in the game. It seemed as if we’d be there all afternoon without a goal but two late strikes from rosevear and guest gave the home side all three points. Up to that point the away keeper had hardly been troubled despite town dominating the game but not testing the keeper at all 

dobwalls had better chances in the first half with Brett Allen making a couple of good stops. but they hardly saw the ball in the 2nd half. 

one nasty comment from a home supporter towards the away keeper meant a pause in the game In the first half before the supporter was obviously asked to leave by the club and an announcement was made over the tannoy that racism is never acceptable in football. Really spoilt the afternoon and made it a nasty affair after that 

Ok i will start again What a start by the G for there new manager Harry Pope cant get much better than a 6-0 win vs Launceston ,Coen Briggs scored the first 2 both stunning goals then Jae Davie ,Josh Margetts and 2 goals from super sub Ben Colqhoun . Launceston where very poor today but they have lost a lot of players 2 of there best players in Ben Walters and Bentley Alacantrar and no one has replaces then young Shae Cardiff tried his best at no9 but hes no Ben WALTERS THE WALTZ .

Every G player was really good young Ollie Patterson who use to play in goal for the G was at centre half today and he was brilliant but the whole team where great and my Mom for the G is MATTY WALKER hes just brilliant and Matt Saunders was his usual great player but i cant really give Matt MOM every week i just thought Matty Walkers work rate was very high and so was Eli Evans this was just a all round brilliant team performance . 

WELL DONE THE G hope this performance continues onto Tuesday night vs Dobwalls i think it will let the Harry Pope Era begin 

Ref did well but he didnt have a lot to do just enjoy the sun and the performance from the G .

Hope Launceston can get back to where they where because its going to be a long season if they play like this every week. 

Right G expect to see you in the Easter Monday Final and win it also to win the league Walter Parsons CUP and maybe the vase as well that wouldnt be a bad season 

Ok on to Tuesday night when Dobwall come to town looking forward to seeing Kelvyn Fyneboy play hes a brilliant player .

WADEBRIDGE  (1)  3          OG 28’   Mellor 57’  Gerken 77’

ST.DENNIS  (1)  1                 Davies 10’

Att : 138

Felt sorry for the players today if I’m honest, 27c degrees, rock hard pitch, and an annoying breeze not enough to cool you off but enough to make the ball move in the air sometimes. Definitely not a classic, not surprisingly and won’t live long in the memory but full honest commitment from both sets of players. 

Wadebridge actually started really well forcing 7 corners in the first ten minutes before the inevitable happened when the Saints scored from their first attack! Why we love football ain’t it! 😀😲 It was the goal of the game as well when a bouncy ball, a couple of slips, and mix up on the edge of the area saw Mikey Davies react quickest to hook the ball over his shoulder and lob Rob Rosevear who was off his line just under the bar for a superb finish 👏🏼 

The Bridgers looked a bit shell shocked for ten minutes before getting back into the game when Sam Wickins whipped in a low driven cross from the left which the defender sliced into the corner of his own net just inside the far post-trying to volley clear. The influential Chris Reski shot just over from the right edge of the area a couple of minutes later before Ryan Holland made two great saves to deny Jack Rapsey on both occasions just before half time with a flying save from a well struck volley and then saving a low shot with his outstretched foot in the 40th and 44th minutes to keep his side level going into the break. 

At The start of the 2nd half the hosts were mostly on the front foot but credit to the visitors for defending in numbers behind the ball, shutting space down, making Wadebridge make mistakes and with a threat of their own on the odd occasion with some quick breaks. The Bridgers were either over hitting or under hitting crosses and set pieces into the box but were unlucky when Matt Lloyd shot just over in the 53rd minute. They eventually took the lead near the hour mark when good wing play from Jacob Smale saw him beat a defender and cut the ball back and young Sam Mellor timed his run perfectly to blast the ball home from 10 yards. 

The Saints almost grabbed an equaliser on 67’ but the striker volleyed over from a good position 15 yards out. Ten minutes later the hosts eventually made the game safe when Sam Gerken shot with the outside of his right foot from the right edge of the area which deceived the otherwise excellent unsighted Holland and found its way into the far corner of the net to clinch the 3 points. There was still just time for Martin Sleeman to lob the under worked Rosevear but the legendary defender Steve Simmonds got back to comfortably head off the line.

Plenty of positives for new manager Simon Minett and his hard working Saints team who were missing their main striker Jaffa Rowe finishing his cricket season whereas Rower will be delighted with 3 points but slightly disappointed I’d imagine that the Bridgers slick passing game and final ball never reached the pre season levels today and will be hoping it clicks back into place when they visit one of the title favourites St.Blazey on Wednesday night. Blazey had a similar scoreline against Penzance at home today so no doubt both teams grateful for the 3 points start but hoping for better performances.

MOM)   Difficult one today but Ryan Holland in the St.Dennis goal made 4/5 good saves and came and caught and punched everything, so going for Ryan 👏🏼👍 For the Bridgers Chris Reski was never far away from the main action! Great to have Cornish footie back, roll on Wednesday night! 👍

Liskeard 1 shepton mallet 4 

There must be something in the half time drinks at liskeard because for a second time this week a completely different team come out for the second half....liskeard went in one up and deserved to be that position, but second half shepton seemed to just walk through the liskeard midfield with ease, and scored four very well taken goals and could of been more, best team won, also very good turn out from shepton fans.... liskeard seem to rely to much on their quick front two, but when they are not getting the ball nothing. Else happens

Liskeard 1 Shepton Mallet 4

I'll endeavour to be brief:

Shepton flags in a hot sun sky

Jennings rounds the keeper, early doors glory... 1-0

Away support look twitchy, decidedly uneasy

Don't think the visitors had Liskeard watched

Again & again Lorenz & Jennings break free

It looks too easy?

Chances missed a plenty, Shepton rattled

Will Liskeard regret their opportunity scorned?

HT 1-0

Shepton out late, ears still ringing

They've worked Liskeard out

Home strikers isolated, supply locked up tight

The visitors encroach, more & more they come

Goals abound, 1, 2, then 3 & 4, home heads droop

A long second half in no mans land

A lesson in tactics, or perhaps that harsh?

What promised so much glory left Liskeard so little 

An experience they'll learn from

I hope 👍

Bude 1-1 NQY. Good game, bude very good side was told by someone at the game bude have lots of money this year and you could tell. Some great players. Very even game both sides played good football. Think either team could av won. Good battles everywhere think both teams will have good season. Well done newquay see you wednesday really like what nqy do all the players speak to us oldies makes me want to visit as many games as can. 

St Blazey 3v1 Penzance. Att.281

St Blazey and Penzance dished up the kind of match the weather and conditions allow. Dry rock hard pitch, breezy at times and scorching hot. 🔥 Anything but football weather. Penzance started well, had some decent chances but didn't take them before St Blazey scored before half time with a Cloke header from a corner. H.T 1v0.

Second half and an early goal, Close driving the ball towards the near post. G.K made sure it went in. Possibly an O.G. Close added a third with a good header and the game was over. Penzance pulled one back as the sun and heat took its toll. 

Penzance looked a tidy side and much improved on last season.

Bring on the rainy damp evenings and some proper football weather. 

Just now, Paul said:

St Blazey 3v1 Penzance. Att.281

St Blazey and Penzance dished up the kind of match the weather and conditions allow. Dry rock hard pitch, breezy at times and scorching hot. 🔥 Anything but football weather. Penzance started well, had some decent chances but didn't take them before St Blazey scored before half time with a Cloke header from a corner. H.T 1v0.

Second half and an early goal, Close driving the ball towards the near post. G.K made sure it went in. Possibly an O.G. Close added a third with a good header and the game was over. Penzance pulled one back as the sun and heat took its toll. 

Penzance looked a tidy side and much improved on last season.

Bring on the rainy damp evenings and some proper football weather. 

Nice to see a match report this time Paul. Only sing when you’re winning 😉

1 minute ago, Greenandblack said:

Hard pitch poor first 20mins… fair play to Penzance as they never have up…not a case of “Sing when your winning” just report now the real stuff has started (ps Gunni did well the other night 👍

Onto Wadebridge on Wednesday 💚🖤

Only playing with Paul, just interested to know what happened as it was very unexpected! And after Paul was asking for match reports the other day it was just hard to resist a little bit of banter. Sure Ficey will be enjoying that result in the sunshine although you may be best leaving him out there 😂

13 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Bet there wasn’t one prediction off mullion beating camelford ! What a result that is. 
As  for Bodmin and launceston  it does look a tough season ahead there  

Difference being Bodmin are throwing silly money around and Launceston don’t have any. 

Heydon an awful choice by Bodmin. He’s effectively put together a side of Sunday league players 

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Ok i will start again What a start by the G for there new manager Harry Pope cant get much better than a 6-0 win vs Launceston ,Coen Briggs scored the first 2 both stunning goals then Jae Davie ,Josh Margetts and 2 goals from super sub Ben Colqhoun . Launceston where very poor today but they have lost a lot of players 2 of there best players in Ben Walters and Bentley Alacantrar and no one has replaces then young Shae Cardiff tried his best at no9 but hes no Ben WALTERS THE WALTZ .

Every G player was really good young Ollie Patterson who use to play in goal for the G was at centre half today and he was brilliant but the whole team where great and my Mom for the G is MATTY WALKER hes just brilliant and Matt Saunders was his usual great player but i cant really give Matt MOM every week i just thought Matty Walkers work rate was very high and so was Eli Evans this was just a all round brilliant team performance . 

WELL DONE THE G hope this performance continues onto Tuesday night vs Dobwalls i think it will let the Harry Pope Era begin 

Ref did well but he didnt have a lot to do just enjoy the sun and the performance from the G .

Hope Launceston can get back to where they where because its going to be a long season if they play like this every week. 

Right G expect to see you in the Easter Monday Final and win it also to win the league Walter Parsons CUP and maybe the vase as well that wouldnt be a bad season 

Ok on to Tuesday night when Dobwall come to town looking forward to seeing Kelvyn Fyneboy play hes a brilliant player .

I used to Manage a Truro City U10 / 12 side. Matty W was in the team and he was exceptional back then - the way you describe his performance today shows me he hasn't changed one bit!! Incredible work ethic and skills to match - a very nice combination!!

St Austell 2 Dobwalls 0

In hot conditions both sides worked hard and were evenly matched for the first 45 mins. Goalscoring chances were kept to a minimum due to strong defensive performances. The big talking point came midway through the half when a spectator was ejected from the ground.

The second half saw St Austell move up a gear as they began to dominate possesion. Dobwalls were defending really well until the opening goal came. A wide free kick was crossed into the crowded box and prodded into the goal at the second attempt. The second goal came as Dobwalls were searching for an equaliser. They loaded the St Austell box with players but the ball was cleared. Leaving a lillywhites player one on one with the GK, this made it two nil and game over.

A game with few chances but plenty of effort and endeavour from both teams! On this showing both sides will be towards the top end of the league.

1 hour ago, LaLaL said:

Only playing with Paul, just interested to know what happened as it was very unexpected! And after Paul was asking for match reports the other day it was just hard to resist a little bit of banter. Sure Ficey will be enjoying that result in the sunshine although you may be best leaving him out there 😂

We played ok first 20 odd minutes against Gunnislake. Then conceded twice. Changes made here and there but it didn't really happen. 

As much as I enjoy the warm weather, we just need some heavy rain. After the pitch work in June the pitch was looking 👌. Now it's long, dry, rock hard and it does nothing for playing decent football. The worst its looked for our opening fixture in several years. Frustrating but most pitches struggling up and down the country. 

Without being bias, I thought Penzance played a lot better than we would of 12 months ago and made some very good chances. Fair play to the Blazey boys who took chances and huge respect to the players and managers of Blazey who thought the same and wished us the best and noticed a difference in Penzance this year. A nice place to go and best of luck for the season! 

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

A very young Lanson side of mostly teenagers and essentially a team moved up from the Reserves were well beaten today. The biggest disappointment is the volume of exits from the club following a very creditable season last year. It will take time to see progress.. It is always so with young players.

Yes, tough times ahead, but I hope the team will develop and improve as the season moves forward. Two home games this week vs Liskeard and St Blazey far from ideal, but time for supporters to rally around this new team and see them through a likely tough opening spell. One thing that didn't happen was the Clarets boys heads dropping when 4 down after about 35 minutes  Well done to them for this.

The G played well throughout. Score reflected their dominance and some enterprising football played. Good luck to the G for the season. 

At least it was a nice sunny day....

1 hour ago, Hetty said:

Difference being Bodmin are throwing silly money around and Launceston don’t have any. 

Heydon an awful choice by Bodmin. He’s effectively put together a side of Sunday league players 

Bit harsh on Matt & Bodmin after ONE game!

1 hour ago, SatnavDave said:

Absolutely Pathetic from Bodmin, another team that the mighty  St Dominic would slap. 

only thing that that Hayden could sniff out is a bag

Bodmin had a poor result today, but no need for the personal abuse aimed at Matt  Big up your own team rather than disrespecting others, perhaps?

Matt got a massive job on his hands taking over from Darren. Darren had the contacts to get the best players playing for Bodmin. 
matt doesn’t to be fair and the players that have gone have not been replaced with same quality .  Blazey and callington probably have a pick of the best Plymouth based lads from fice and Vincent’s contacts 

also hasn’t the massive summer signing announcement  Wilson now playing at helston ?? 
will be a tough few months for Bodmin 

9 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Matt got a massive job on his hands taking over from Darren. Darren had the contacts to get the best players playing for Bodmin. 
matt doesn’t to be fair and the players that have gone have not been replaced with same quality .  Blazey and callington probably have a pick of the best Plymouth based lads from fice and Vincent’s contacts 

also hasn’t the massive summer signing announcement  Wilson now playing at helston ?? 
will be a tough few months for Bodmin 

Yes but even Darren has struggled to put a team together there in recent years.  One thing that has remained at Bodmin is the money.  Some crazy figures being paid to some pretty crap players 

5 hours ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

Bude 1-1 NQY. Good game, bude very good side was told by someone at the game bude have lots of money this year and you could tell. Some great players. Very even game both sides played good football. Think either team could av won. Good battles everywhere think both teams will have good season. Well done newquay see you wednesday really like what nqy do all the players speak to us oldies makes me want to visit as many games as can. 

Lots of money but a draw against a poor Newquay side atm? So good point for Newquay then?

9 hours ago, SatnavDave said:

Absolutely Pathetic from Bodmin, another team that the mighty  St Dominic would slap. 

We can recall going down to Sticker last season and watching the mighty St Dominic lose 2-1 to Stickers second team , sometimes in this game you are only as good as the opposition allow you to be.

Talking to my friend in Bodmin  who i had the pleasure of having Radiotherapy together we had a laugh talking about Cornish Football . 

He said this is the worst Bodmin team he has ever seen and he said the manager will be gone before Christmas due to his  language at the officials i must be mad i got Bodmin to finish 3rd in the league think the sun has got to me . Heard Orlando keeps popping into Bodmin for a game they need more than him they need to get Darren back .

Its awful to see a great club with there history in such a mess but they brought it on thereselves b throwing money at average players . 

One last thing i heard Godolphin Atlantic had a good win yesterday 6-0 that makes them top of the league doesnt it 2 games to watch this week G vs Dobwalls Tuesday then on my doorstep Newquay vs Wendron be like a old boys reunion that with all the ex Penryn lads on show going for a 3-0 win for the G and 2-2 for Newquay 

Bodmin new  manager  with some colourful language to officials. I’m getting deja vu vibes here 

still early doors mind and plenty of time  for Matt to turn it around. .
What I will say tho when Bodmin brought in 1 of the previous st blazey management team they got the wrong one.  Should have got Shaun Vincent in personally 

I must say …. The stick The Bodmin manager is getting is not deserved. It’s a completely new team and like I said pre season Sticker are very decent. 
It was 2 .1 and bar a missed penalty would of been 2.2 

Give the man a break.
Bodmin will be just fine he deserves upmost respect for putting a side together that will imo finish top 6.

History shows that sticker beating Bodmin is a massive shock but not when you way up the 2 different pre seasons for either side. Sticker have a well drilled squad that has been together years and Bodmin has been put together only 2 months.

Not to take anything away from Sticker though.

Sticker we’re not at the races 1st half at all Btw and Bodmin played well. 
Second half the youngster Chapman came on and some tactical changes made Sticker look ever so good. I must say again Sticker have some unbelievable young talent and the more experienced ones are really stepping up to the plate.

Top half if they can keep the squad together because yesterday second half they were really good. 

Well done to sticker.

25 minutes ago, Thomas mcabe said:

I must say …. The stick The Bodmin manager is getting is not deserved. It’s a completely new team and like I said pre season Sticker are very decent. 

Give the man a break.
Bodmin will be just fine he deserves upmost respect for putting a side together that will imo finish top 6.

History shows that sticker beating Bodmin is a massive shock but not when you way up the 2 different pre seasons for either side. Sticker have a well drilled squad that has been together years and Bodmin has been put together only 2 months.

Second half the youngster Chapman came on and some tactical changes made Sticker look ever so good. I must say again Sticker have some unbelievable young talent and the more experienced ones are really stepping up to the plate.

Top half if they can keep the squad together because yesterday second half they were really good. 

Well done to sticker.

Talent is nothing without hard work 

44 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Talking to my friend in Bodmin  who i had the pleasure of having Radiotherapy together we had a laugh talking about Cornish Football . 

He said this is the worst Bodmin team he has ever seen and he said the manager will be gone before Christmas due to his  language at the officials i must be mad i got Bodmin to finish 3rd in the league think the sun has got to me . Heard Orlando keeps popping into Bodmin for a game they need more than him they need to get Darren back .

Its awful to see a great club with there history in such a mess but they brought it on thereselves b throwing money at average players . 

One last thing i heard Godolphin Atlantic had a good win yesterday 6-0 that makes them top of the league doesnt it 2 games to watch this week G vs Dobwalls Tuesday then on my doorstep Newquay vs Wendron be like a old boys reunion that with all the ex Penryn lads on show going for a 3-0 win for the G and 2-2 for Newquay 

Godolphin we’re excellent. The game was killed off in the first half being 4-0 up, but a professional 2nd half saw G win 6-0.

bigger tests to come for sure but a brilliant result, having watched both Newquay and G in pre season and the G yesterday I actually believe G are in better shape, much more dangerous going forward. Newquay look goal shy so far.

some exciting fixtures coming up this week which will no doubt show more , still so early 

I know it’s 1st day and all but mullion who didn’t win st pirans winning comfortably, bude who I think finished 6th in st pirans getting a result , penzance who lost to a combo team in pre season ( I know pre season ) and godophin who drew 4-4 with mousehole st pirans then win a league game 6-0 . You have to question the standard of this league and the difference between half the st pirans and most teams in peninsular , 🙏 this reshuffle next season sorts out Cornish football  . All I can say is thank god for mousehole, helston, Falmouth , saltash , torpoint, milbrook  and the western league . 

1 hour ago, Thomas mcabe said:

Give the man a break.

Well done to sticker.

The penalty was a great save not a miss!

I’d agree as well, I’ve seen some great football played in the 10 games or so SWPL teams I’ve gone to watch pre season. Considering the pitches, understandably rock hard and bobbly the likes of Liskeard, Blazey, Wadebridge and Callington have all produced some excellent stuff. Nothing wrong with the standard at all I’d say? Wadebridge although far from their passing best yesterday scored their 3rd goal with a shot from the edge of the area after keeping the ball for about 20 odd passes. Liskeard have done the same a few times along with Blazey plenty in the games I’ve seen so nothing wrong with the entertainment or standard I don’t think. Just my opinion of course. Great to see 281 at Blazey v Penzance yesterday, two old giants of cornish football! Good to see the good times back at Blaise Park but not on Wednesday night hopefully!! 😀👍

Mullion deservedly finished their first-ever SWPL game with a 4-1 win at home to Camelford. It was a fully deserved three points against quite an unrecognised opposition from last season’s campaign.

Camelford had to make a pre-match change to their line-up after skipper Adam Sleep went over on his ankle in the warm-up and their afternoon soon got worse with Mullion going two up early on. The first came after only 4 minutes with Josh Wilson-Hone touching the ball home after getting in amongst the defence and Camels keeper Josh Colwill.

Their second was a header from Phil Cattran who throughout made playing midfield on a very hard pitch look easy. I’m not sure how much he knew about the goal though as he was positioned beyond the far post and it seemed as if the ball all but bounced off his head and back through a packed 6 yard box and into the net! I was half a pitch away though!

Tyler Cheshire pulled one back ten minutes before the half-time break with a well-struck shot into the top corner. Paul Williams, in goal, had no chance of stopping it. However the visitors cause to get back completely into the game wasn’t helped when midfielder Charlie Hambly was sin-binned soon after.

Midway through the second-half Wilson-Hone once again made the most of a hesitant defence for his second of the afternoon and the scoreline was completed with Harry Roberts hammering home from not too far out with Colwill, although getting a touch on the ball, having no way of stopping it going in.

In the end Mullion, runners-up in last season’s St Piran West, finished comfortable winners with Wilson-Hone probably wondering how he didn’t actually get a hat-trick!

I have to admit I didn’t recognise too many of Camelford’s side which made me look deeper today. 4 of them didn’t play for Camelford last season; 3 played 5 or less. 8 players (including Sleep) who each made 19 league appearances or more for them last season were not there – either having moved on, injured, suspended, retired or whatever! Reg could well have another rebuilding exercise on his hands!

7 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

They need to get Darren back? Why? He had his chance.