Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth 2 Saltash 1

When I saw the line up I thought that I would be happy to lose 3 or 4 to 1. Went a goal down just before half time and thought that the flood gates could open in the second half but the lads knuckled down and turned it around. A football pundit once said "you'll win nothing playing kids" but United did and so did the kids of Falmouth Town. Unbelievable result  UTT.

Saltash unhappy with the officials and felt a lot of decision went again them  ?  Have to expect that at Falmouth with the f troop behind them. 
Shane won’t be happy I’m sure . I’m still struggling to see why Danny Lewis is  playing himself and players he brought in sit on the bench seem odd.  Surly he needed on the management team 

Still great fa cup day for Falmouth well done  

7 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Very good result for "club in crisis Falmouth Town." 😁

Club in crisis ! 😁🤣Only if your daft enough to listen to le boss. Our young lads who we were castigated for signing instead of experienced players were outstanding today .kayden Gordon Dunne a rock in defence in place of the injured James Ward ( big boots to fill ,but filled them .James swan a menace all game and scored the equaliser.Olly and Sam pickup stepping up from the reserves put in a hell of a shift .And Alex Wharton scoring the winner .

Spoke to a saltash supporter in the bar after ,who was in awe of the f troop who sang and backed the lads all through the game .

On another note well done to our reserve side who defeated last seasons champions at illogan 3 nil with a hatrick from Jack Davies.

The futures bright ,the futures Black and Amber

Falmouth Town 2. Saltash Utd 1.

Absolutely heroic performance today from the young guns of Falmouth Town against a seasoned Western League side in Saltash Utd.

Similar to Tuesday at Millbrook, Town were without even more of their first choice players at Bickland Park today.

When the line-ups were filled in on our new board next to the canteen, many Town fans were heard to issue a groan at the number of missing players. Captain James Ward was named on the bench but was injured from Tuesday. Barner, Brabyn, Nixon, Walker, Moxham, Kellow, Bowyer, Hutchison all unavailable. In stepped Kirk Davies, Charlie Edney, Ollie Pickup & Sam Pickup and many Town fans must have feared the worst.

The first half went almost to expectation, Saltash generally dictating the play with Falmouth struggling to get any sustained periods of possessions. Saltash scored just as the Town fans dared to hope that we could get to half-time at 0-0. However, intriguingly, Town had managed to create a few chances against the run of play. Could Town stay in the game and grab an equaliser and go back to Saltash on Tuesday night with a strengthened side?

The 2nd half started and Town created a few more chances. By this point, Saltash had racked up a few bookings. Following a melee' 10 yards outside the box, the Saltash #12 received his 2nd yellow and was off. Jack Bray-Evans took the resulting free -kick and beat Duffy in the Saltash goal, but the ball bounced back from the cross-bar in to the path of James Swan who took his chance and recorded his first competitive goal for the Town.

Surely Town couldn't win with all their players missing..... In truth, it always felt like Saltash could get the winner, but Town were still creating some chances. Town's defence were exceptional. Kayden Gordon-Dunn stepped in for James Ward and was immense, Tom Annear took the Captains arm-band and continued his excellent form so far this season, Kirk Davies used all his experience at left back and Sam Pickup at right back looked like he had been playing at this level for years.

In the end, it was from another Town move that the ball came to James Swan who pulled the ball back to Alex Wharton who hit it first time on the volley past Duffy and Town were ahead.

Town survived a few further scares with Ryan Barnes making some saves and the defence clearing from some further periods of Saltash pressure.

Finally, the ref blew up to loud cheers from the F-Troop. Andy Westgarth, who had to bring himself on late in to the game, immediately went to the F-Troop to celebrate a heroic win. 

One of the great days of recent times to be a Town fan.

Helston in the next round....... Should be fun!

Pretty poor result for saltash really looking at the reports of Falmouth missing a far few first choice players, however well done Falmouth obviously wanted it more and more quality when it mattered. 
Young lad for saltash getting sent off didn’t help but would still expect ashes to do better. Maybe Danny lewis needs to decide if he is a player or a manager?!?!? 

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

Spoke to a saltash supporter in the bar after ,who was in awe of the f troop 

Perhaps that says an awful lot about people who support Saltash 🤪🥴

And the 'relentlessly self publicised' F Troop 🤦‍♂️

No disrespect, it gets a bit (dare I say) boring after a while.

5 minutes ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Says the self confessed incompetent reporter and armchair moaner . 😁And a little disrespectful to Saltash supporters who would love to have that atmosphere at the waterways stadium.

2 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Says the self confessed incompetent reporter and armchair moaner . 😁And a little disrespectful to Saltash supporters who would love to have that atmosphere at the waterways stadium.

Think you need to admit that wearing a few scarves, producing the odd banner and singing along to an old cassette recorder has been done thousands of times up and down the country before, including lots and lots of non league clubs. All credit for creating what atmosphere you can but please, please stop ramming it down this forum every week. It's boring.

As for The Waterways Stadium (😄) atmosphere, it's half shut off to the public, they'll need more than a few Top of The Pops tunes from the 80s 🥴

2 minutes ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Think you need to admit that wearing a few scarves, producing the odd banner and singing along to an old cassette recorder has been done thousands of times up and down the country before, including lots and lots of non league clubs. All credit for creating what atmosphere you can but please, please stop ramming it down this forum every week. It's boring.

As for The Waterways Stadium (😄) atmosphere, it's half shut off to the public, they'll need more than a few Top of The Pops tunes from the 80s 🥴

You say it's boring, but it appears to keep you amused!

:thumbsup:

48 minutes ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Not as boring as your tediously  poor attempts at winding up on nearly every post on this forum

7 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

What's a cassette recorder ? We're high tec mate ,everything's blue tooth these days and no that's not a dental disease .😜

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

What's a cassette recorder ? We're high tec mate ,everything's blue tooth these days and no that's not a dental disease .😜

Excuse my ignorance Matt. I've nothing against the F Troop, I admire what they bring to the matchday experience, especially at this level, I just wish we didn't have to keep getting reminded about it every week.

I'll be down your place soon enough this season. I shall look forward to the Pink Floyd style (high tech) experience you appear to be hinting at 🙂 I'll fetch a few Black Sabbath tapes just in case there's a glitch 🤪

Enjoy your season, publicity profile apart, that was an impressive result with so many regulars unavailable 👏

2 minutes ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Excuse my ignorance Matt. I've nothing against the F Troop, I admire what they bring to the matchday experience, especially at this level, I just wish we didn't have to keep getting reminded about it every week.

I'll be down your place soon enough this season. I shall look forward to the Pink Floyd style (high tech) experience you appear to be hinting at 🙂 I'll fetch a few Black Sabbath tapes just in case there's a glitch 🤪

Enjoy your season, publicity profile apart, that was an impressive result with so many regulars unavailable 👏

Would be good to meet up for a pint and pasty with all the other town forum users Uwdi .I'm sure we could all club together to pay for your admission,pasty,and drink of your choice .just pm me when your coming down .

Can't say better than that .👍

3 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Would be good to meet up for a pint and pasty with all the other town forum users Uwdi .I'm sure we could all club together to pay for your admission,pasty,and drink of your choice .just pm me when your coming down .

If I say something rude about the F Troop can I have a free pasty too? 😉 

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

Mousehole supporters seem pretty level headed Gary. And I'm sure your looking forward to us eventually getting down to trundle Parc after yet another postponement. 

We seem destined never to see the new Trungle Park! The Stattos amongst us might be able to tell us when we last played there but it seems a while ago.

3 hours ago, mattelot said:

How much is the admission these days?

Apart from a couple of PSF's 2012 & 2013 the last Falmouth competitive visit to Trungle Park was 15th.Oct.2011

SWPL Throgmorton Cup winning 8-0 (M Vercesi 2-M.Drummond 2-D.Hicks 2-T.Barwell-I Hodges.

How times have changed for the good at Mousehole

16 hours ago, Quiet Man said:

When I saw the line up I thought that I would be happy to lose 3 or 4 to 1. Went a goal down just before half time and thought that the flood gates could open in the second half but the lads knuckled down and turned it around. A football pundit once said "you'll win nothing playing kids" but United did and so did the kids of Falmouth Town. Unbelievable result  UTT.

Andy Westgarth making his first appearance since Jan 2020-he's no kid lol

16 hours ago, baldy said:

Bad luck, it’s in June.

FA Cup Final in June ????

It was bad enough when it moved away from a 3pm Saturday kick off, then it was no longer the domestic season finale, now it's moved back a whole month into the summer. 

Bit of trivia- The 1970 FA Cup Final between Chelsea and Leeds United was played on the 11th April, with the replay on the 29th April This was to aide England's preparations for their defence of the World Cup in Mexico (although this would have have negligible given how the club's respective England contingents spent the 210 combined minutes of the match kicking lumps out of each other).  This was the last time the season ending showpiece was played in this month.

17 hours ago, Dane said:

Only in June because of the World Cup. Will ‘hopefully’ be a one off 

These "one offs" have a habit of becoming the norm.

Way off topic I know, but does anybody else have no sense of excitement for this World Cup? An artificial tournament, played in soulless desert stadiums, a place with no football tradition, in a country that is wealthy from petro chemicals (especially relevant at a time of unaffordable gas and petrol, and when climate change makes itself felt in the UK) and where being is punishable by up to 3 years in prison (or the death penalty if you are muslim). Hard to get excited about a World Cup in December, it belongs in June where it is enjoyed in beer gardens and outdoor screenings, where people spill onto streets in celebration after the final whistle and is listened to on radios in parks and on beaches. 

Can't get excited by the World Cup @Way Of The Park  not when the England team pass back to their own keeper on the edge of the opponents area unlike the women's team who continually attack even when 4-0 up.

It's a sad indictment of the men's game when they are meant to be a pre-tournament favourite and the preparation consists of being relegated,I really hope I'm wrong but I think the Quarter-Final is all we're going to get.

No idea why it couldn't have been moved to Australia at the normal time of year(would still be a winter World Cup if that's what FIFA want),early evening temp is about 12'c cooler than Qatar,stadiums are already there the Final could be played at the MCC in front of 100,000 fans just imagine. Hopefully one day but not for a while as the next two are 2026 USA/Canada/Mexico and 2030 Spain/Portugal.

' Up The Town '

On 08/08/2022 at 14:32, Way Of The Park said:

FA Cup Final in June ????

It was bad enough when it moved away from a 3pm Saturday kick off, then it was no longer the domestic season finale, now it's moved back a whole month into the summer. 

Bit of trivia- The 1970 FA Cup Final between Chelsea and Leeds United was played on the 11th April, with the replay on the 29th April This was to aide England's preparations for their defence of the World Cup in Mexico (although this would have have negligible given how the club's respective England contingents spent the 210 combined minutes of the match kicking lumps out of each other).  This was the last time the season ending showpiece was played in this month.

And it took David Webb to finish it off. 2 of the greatest FA Cup games ever.