Torrington                    0-4       Elburton Villa 

WEST 

Newquay                      1-3       Wendron United          

Penzance                     1-3       Mullion 

St Blazey                       1-0       Wadebridge Town

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tues & Wed 8 & 9 Aug 2022
  • Dave Deacon pinned this topic

Callington 0 Bodmin 2

Started scrappy even game  chances for both teams,  callington player brought down when clean through taken out by Bodmin keeper outside the box , keeper red card , free kick came to nothing , Bodmin outfield player in goal...and that's what changed the game Bodmin played much better good fast neat passing football, scored 2 goals....2nd  half callington tried but really did not create any chances of any note , Bodmin stand in keeper did not have much to do  , turned to a scrappy game lots of silly fouls and handbags from both teams,but the ref kept on top of it...so Bodmin deserved the win especially with ten men, callington looked poor, except for a couple younger subs that came on and seemed to liven it up a bit , some of the younger players at Cally seem  to be up for it more than some of the starting eleven...

CAMELFORD  (0)  0

ST.AUSTELL  (1)   1      Roseveare 19’

Att:  68

Camelford pitch in fantastic condition!! Not quite sure how it’s so green and lush! Congrats to the groundsman, deserves a medal. Jack & Ryan won £150 quid each on their footie accumulator tonight and then Jack won the £20 50/50 prize! Lucky bugger!! 😲

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tues & Wed 9 & 10 Aug 2022

Just wandering last night the G had 3 brothers player for them Callum Bertand ., Tiernan Bertrand and on as a sub Leland Bertand the last time i remember was at Newquay with the STREET lads ok just thought i would mention it time to walk up the friggin hill to watch Newquay play the brilliant Wendron team 

Took a walk up to watch Newquay vs Wendron , wasnt like the game at the G last night Newquay where very poor tonight against a brilliant Wendron team who dominated the game they went in front from a scrappy goal looked like a og ,there 2nd was a good finish from Charlie Young and the 3rd from Kian Thomas ,Newquay got a pen near the end of the game to make the ft score 3-1 to Wendron .

Newquay really missed Phil Lowry who has been really good in pre season and he would of caused more problems against the brilliant Russel May .

If it wasnt for Newquay goalie Harry Ashton the score would of been  a lot higher but Wendron GOALIE Ethan Fern wont have many as easy games as he had tonight Wendron dominated the game from start to finish , Scott Flannagan was getting  a real run around from Wendrons new signing from Penryn Ryan Reeve . 

Not a bad crowd there tonight pity Newquay didnt have enough programs and i got there early as well 

Wendron will be there or abouts in May they are a fine team and played some lovely football i think the way the G are playing at the moment they would give Wendron a good game but we will see . 

Onto my MOM FOR NEWQUAY GOALIE HARRY ASHTON AND FOR WENDRON RUSSEL MAY CLASS DEFENDER 

Thought the ref did well and kept the game flowing unlike the 1 at the G last night 

Well done Wendron and hopefully this will be a small blip for Newquay but im not the manager but some of the young lads where not up to it tonight i wont say any names because i dont wont to get in trouble 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Took a walk up to watch Newquay vs Wendron , wasnt like the game at the G last night Newquay where very poor tonight against a brilliant Wendron team who dominated the game they went in front from a scrappy goal looked like a og ,there 2nd was a good finish from Charlie Young and the 3rd from Kian Thomas ,Newquay got a pen near the end of the game to make the ft score 3-1 to Wendron .

Newquay really missed Phil Lowry who has been really good in pre season and he would of caused more problems against the brilliant Russel May .

If it wasnt for Newquay goalie Harry Ashton the score would of been  a lot higher but Wendron GOALIE Ethan Fern wont have many as easy games as he had tonight Wendron dominated the game from start to finish , Scott Flannagan was getting  a real run around from Wendrons new signing from Penryn Ryan Reeve . 

Not a bad crowd there tonight pity Newquay didnt have enough programs and i got there early as well 

Wendron will be there or abouts in May they are a fine team and played some lovely football i think the way the G are playing at the moment they would give Wendron a good game but we will see . 

Onto my MOM FOR NEWQUAY GOALIE HARRY ASHTON AND FOR WENDRON RUSSEL MAY CLASS DEFENDER 

Thought the ref did well and kept the game flowing unlike the 1 at the G last night 

Well done Wendron and hopefully this will be a small blip for Newquay but im not the manager but some of the young lads where not up to it tonight i wont say any names because i dont wont to get in trouble 

Newquay very poor. Weak defensively, & looked to be receiving no real instructions or leadership from their bench. 

Great result for newcomers Mullion this evening , Penzance started off where they left off last season, shipping alot afew goals already, & even with their link with Helston ... Lips that promise & all that 

That game tonight showed exactly what pre season showed, no goal threat from Newquay, no top striker which we all know means so much n this division. I don’t see Newquay finishing in the top 6 at all.

I’ve really enjoyed watching the G in their first two games but have been left less than impressed with Newquay. The two games I’ve watched Newquay’s GK has kept score down from what could of been much higher.

I agree some of the youngsters look a season or two too early for this level, but it’s still so early in the season, it could all turn around 

ST.BLAZEY   (0)   1          Alexander 63’

WADEBRIDGE  (0)  0

Attendance : 233

Well deserved 3 points for Blazey over the 90 minutes against a depleted Wadebridge who will take the positives from a great battling performance and almost snatched a point right at the end.

Bridgers manager Paul Rowe was without no less than 8 of his usual starting squad going into tonight with Steve Simmonds (wedding Canada), Chris Reski (stag do Austria), Morgan Vallejo (holiday Italy), Sam Gerken (ill), Sam Mellor (board masters) Cory Sergent (appendix op), Kyle Flew (knee), and Will Tucker (working). 
No doubt Blazey were on the front foot for the majority of the game and the visitors keeper Rob Rosevear was once again in inspired form making at least 5 top class saves during the 90 minutes.

The introduction of substitute Liam Eddy at the start of the 2nd half swung the game in the hosts favour with a much greater goal threat with Edds pace in behind stretching the defence more as the game wore on. It was a real physical fully committed battle and produced about 7 yellow cards in all but never got full on nasty I didn’t think. Captain Tom Strike, Tom McLachlan, Matt Lloyd, and Jack Rapsey all ended up in the book with 2/3 Blazey players I think?  Thought the ref Ryan Cornelius handled a difficult game fairly well, could have got potentially got out of hand with a less experienced referee. 

Rosvear made excellent diving saves off Eddy, Luke Cloke and River Allen and was unlucky getting a hand to Jack Alexander’s strike after being put through by Eddy that proved  to be the winner just after the hour mark. Man of the match Rosevear kept his team in the match and the Bridgers almost nicked an equaliser after a good 15 minute spell of pressure where they matched the hosts and in the 89th minute when Sam Wickins lovely  free kick delivery saw Rapsey rise above Joe Cooper and Martin Giles who were tremendous rocks at the back all evening to loop a header over Brodie Cole only to come down off the underside of the crossbar with Lloyd adjudged offside on the follow up. 

Enjoyable game overall, Blazey definitely be right up there with the top two for me all season and considering their ravaged line up I thought Wadebridge showed enough battling qualities if not their usual flowing football with the absentees tonight to suggest they’ll be a dark horse in the division this season.

Great to see and sit with Dane tonight 1st half and see him back enjoying a game of football. Hope he’s back in the game soon, talks a lot of sense watching a game and a lot to offer any club lucky to get him 👍👏🏼

10 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

WADEBRIDGE  (0)  0

Attendance : 250/300

Well deserved 3 points for Blazey over the 90 minutes against a depleted Wadebridge who will take the positives from a great battling performance and almost snatched a point right at the end.

Bridgers manager Paul Rowe was without no less than 8 of his usual starting squad going into tonight with Steve Simmonds (wedding Canada), Chris Reski (stag do Austria), Morgan Vallejo (holiday Italy), Sam Gerken (ill), Sam Mellor (board masters) Cory Sergent (appendix op), Kyle Flew (knee), and Will Tucker (working). 
No doubt Blazey were on the front foot for the majority of the game and the visitors keeper Rob Rosevear was once again in inspired form making at least 5 top class saves during the 90 minutes.

The introduction of substitute Liam Eddy at the start of the 2nd half swung the game in the hosts favour with a much greater goal threat with Edds pace in behind stretching the defence more as the game wore on. It was a real physical fully committed battle and produced about 7 yellow cards in all but never got full on nasty I didn’t think. Captain Tom Strike, Tom McLachlan, Matt Lloyd, and Jack Rapsey all ended up in the book with 2/3 Blazey players I think?  Thought the ref Ryan Cornelius handled a difficult game fairly well, could have got potentially got out of hand with a less experienced referee. 

Rosvear made excellent diving saves off Eddy, Luke Cloke and River Allen and was unlucky getting a hand to Jack Alexander’s strike after being put through by Eddy that proved  to be the winner just after the hour mark. Man of the match Rosevear kept his team in the match and the Bridgers almost nicked an equaliser after a spell of pressure in the 89th minute when Sam Wickins lovely delivery saw Rapsey rise above Joe Cooper and Martin Giles who were tremendous rocks at the back all evening to loop a header over Brodie Cole only to come down off the underside of the crossbar with Lloyd adjudged offside on the follow up. 

Enjoyable game overall, Blazey definitely be right up there with the top two for me all season and considering their ravaged line up I thought Wadebridge showed enough battling qualities if not their usual flowing football with the absentees tonight to suggest they’ll be a dark horse in the division this season.

Great to see and sit with Dane tonight 1st half and see him back enjoying a game of football. Hope he’s back in the game soon, talks a lot of sense watching a game and a lot to offer any club lucky to get him 👍👏🏼

That a great result really away from home with that many key players missing against arguably blazey full strength team. 
how is River Allen getting on there? He   use to get really frustrated in games I watched when he was at parkway  especially when he wasn’t getting the time on the ball , just wondering now he dropped down a few divisions if he back enjoying it again. 

20 minutes ago, supportcornishfootball said:

That game tonight showed exactly what pre season showed, no goal threat from Newquay, no top striker which we all know means so much n this division. I don’t see Newquay finishing in the top 6 at all.

I’ve really enjoyed watching the G in their first two games but have been left less than impressed with Newquay. The two games I’ve watched Newquay’s GK has kept score down from what could of been much higher.

I agree some of the youngsters look a season or two too early for this level, but it’s still so early in the season, it could all turn around 

Agree with everythin on here tonight. Newquay GK way to relied on all the time. Won’t be long before Newquay lose the final 2/3 good players they have if they dont start scoring goals. Ross Falens and left back and GK will get frustrated. 

7 minutes ago, Cornishfootyfanatic said:

Agree with everythin on here tonight. Newquay GK way to relied on all the time. Won’t be long before Newquay lose the final 2/3 good players they have if they dont start scoring goals. Ross Falens and left back and GK will get frustrated. 

It won’t be easy watching G sitting top of the league, 10 goals scored whilst Newquay can’t seem to score goals at all.  As I said it’s very early but I just don’t see where goals are coming from in that Newquay side and there’s a lack of experience. I’m not sure on the plan 

Would like to see G stick by the players they have this season if they continue there excellent run and not accommodate players who want to just jump ship from somewhere else that isn’t doing well

its still very early in the season and time for it all to change though, but this opinion on Newquay this season saddens me as I love our peppermints but every game I’ve watched shows nothing. I fear a few of the pre season results were papering over performances 

St Blazey 1v0 Wadebridge Att.233

St Blazey had alot of the ball and some half chances during 70 minutes where they finally took the lead. The last 20 however, Wadebridge grew into it as St Blazey failed to keep hold of the ball for periods of play to take sting out the game. 

6pts from 6 though. I bet its been many a season since we've done that. 

Not a classic but with the pitch as it is its no surprise. Awful.

Next up, Launceston away. 

To be honest Sportsman, there’s no doubting Rivers quality and class on the ball, hardly ever gives it away and his passing and dead ball deliveries are top class. Not sure if he’s a bit too comfortable at this level, just seems to do enough and still looks quality. Not sure he needs to push himself? 

Reminds me of our old skipper at Falmouth in my day George Torrance. Played for Brentford and Maidstone in the league and came to us and just cruised through games and looked like an u16 player playing in an u13 match!! Always had another couple of gears if he needed them, absolute class. But George would certainly step it up in the big games when you needed him. But to answer your question looks like he’s enjoying it the way he played tonight?! 👍

7 hours ago, RAPPO said:

To be honest Sportsman, there’s no doubting Rivers quality and class on the ball, hardly ever gives it away and his passing and dead ball deliveries are top class. Not sure if he’s a bit too comfortable at this level, just seems to do enough and still looks quality. Not sure he needs to push himself? 

Reminds me of our old skipper at Falmouth in my day George Torrance. Played for Brentford and Maidstone in the league and came to us and just cruised through games and looked like an u16 player playing in an u13 match!! Always had another couple of gears if he needed them, absolute class. But George would certainly step it up in the big games when you needed him. But to answer your question looks like he’s enjoying it the way he played tonight?! 👍

Also heard him say one of the best lines ever when the ref told him to take a free kick inside his own half.. "what's the point, I'm only going to kick it harder" 

9 hours ago, RAPPO said:

WADEBRIDGE  (0)  0

Attendance : 233

Rosvear made excellent diving saves off Eddy, Luke Cloke and River Allen and was unlucky getting a hand to Jack Alexander’s strike after being put through by Eddy that proved  to be the winner just after the hour mark. Man of the match Rosevear kept his team in the match and the Bridgers almost nicked an equaliser after a good 15 minute spell of pressure where they matched the hosts and in the 89th minute when Sam Wickins lovely  free kick delivery saw Rapsey rise above Joe Cooper and Martin Giles who were tremendous rocks at the back all evening to loop a header over Brodie Cole only to come down off the underside of the crossbar with Lloyd adjudged offside on the follow up. 

Sad to see so many unavailable for the bridgers. Obviously not only Falmouth Town that have suffered this way over the last few games.Lets hope Le Boss doesn't read this thread and starts off on his high horse again .😁

Haha hope Le Boss don’t “Bash” Wadebridge Nige!! 😀 bless me old mate 👍️ Yeah I know it’s a bad time of the year for unavailability but it was pretty extraordinary mate! Thought Rower did well to put a competitive side out to be honest Nige and to stay in the game and almost snatch a point at the end was a great effort from the lads who played and put in some shift! I know Jack fell asleep on the sofa when we got home mate!! He won’t have a harder game all season against Giler and Coops!! Two absolute rocks and proper defenders and blokes. 👏🏼️ 5/6 of those out are probably regular starters as well so it was basically half a team missing. Heard Blazey might be a little short but the only starter I could see missing was Will Tinsley injured at right back. Going to take a good side to finish above Blazey this season I think 👏🏼👍

Another great turnout at St Blazey last night. 
Teams depleted or not are going to raise there game against the best and St Blazey are one of the  best. 
2 from 2 you cant ask for more that. 
Superb effort on and of the pitch continues.

Btw ignore the trolls trying to create and manufacture unrest.

With success brings trolls and jealousy. 

Can you sign 2 from the same club at once? I might be wrong but think there’s a 28 day rule before you can go back and sign another player from the same club? 🤔🤔

Unless Newquay waive the 7 days maybe? Still not sure you can sign 2 from the same club together though!? Correct me if I’m wrong anyone? 🤔👍

4 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Can you sign 2 from the same club at once? I might be wrong but think there’s a 28 day rule before you can go back and sign another player from the same club? 🤔🤔

Unless Newquay waive the 7 days maybe? Still not sure you can sign 2 from the same club together though!? Correct me if I’m wrong anyone? 🤔👍

You can sign 1 with a 7 day notice of approach. To sign the 2nd Newquay will have to waive the 7 days and allow the player to leave letting the league and receiving club know in writing as evidence to complete it…….or they don’t and he waits 28 days #SophiesChoice

4 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Didn't Sidmouth sign the entire Ottery side in one go last season? As long as the club losing the players & the SWPL agree, I think the rule is nullified? Bet Easterfield will put it better than I have 

7 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Newquay waiving the 7 days !

😁🤣

I wouldnt of thought Newquay had enough good players to go to Liskeard i rate 3 in the team Goalie Harry ASHTON ,Defender Brad Leivers and most likely to go Ross Fallens ,but why would Liskeard want more players they got a good enough team there already if i was a betting man Leivers and Fallens they are the best 2 in the Newquay side they got no strikers midfield is youngsters but defence isnt bad ,i would add Nick Boase to the 3 i have named .Was going to Wadebridge today but its too hot and traffic is bad so i looks like its more swimming and listening to Radio Cornwall ,next week going to watch Newquay Academy vs ST Columb Major 6 30 ko and next Saturday going to drop over to Sticker to see the lovely people there and watch them vs St Blazey have a good weekend people enjoy the weather 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

I wouldnt of thought Newquay had enough good players to go to Liskeard i rate 3 in the team Goalie Harry ASHTON ,Defender Brad Leivers and most likely to go Ross Fallens ,but why would Liskeard want more players they got a good enough team there already if i was a betting man Leivers and Fallens they are the best 2 in the Newquay side they got no strikers midfield is youngsters but defence isnt bad ,i would add Nick Boase to the 3 i have named .Was going to Wadebridge today but its too hot and traffic is bad so i looks like its more swimming and listening to Radio Cornwall ,next week going to watch Newquay Academy vs ST Columb Major 6 30 ko and next Saturday going to drop over to Sticker to see the lovely people there and watch them vs St Blazey have a good weekend people enjoy the weather 

Agree with u 100%cornish. My bet was Falens and ashton. Although newquay not great I fink them 2 get in most teams.ashton big lad but one of best Iv seen in this league Falens amazing when not gettin sent off.still dont know if true will be bad for newquay if true.agree with you that Leivers also been good so u cud be right. Im at wadebridge today 2-1 wadebridge HT, really like wadebridge team great game.

Wish i had gone Wadebridge now great 3-1 to Wadebridge vs Wendron ,Wadebridge are my dark horses for the league but who knows Godolphin may go on a run like Falmouth did last season they are certainly playing well listened to the Harry Pope interview on the Deacs and Rappos Podcast was very good and i think i had someting to do with the appointment because i was talking to Nigel at a game and he said who would i like see get the G job i said Harry Pope and Nigel said i will give him a ring to see if hes interestd a week later hes there with Nigel and he said do you know who we got as manager i said and this bloke said im Harry Pope great choice Nigel '

I see St Blazey had the young Truro goalie in goal today Morgan Coxhead i think hes a great goalie was wandering where was Brodie COLE MAYBE hes gone Boardmasters as well , Blazey let me down today they only won 5-0 i had them down to win 6-0 so that makes the G better than them because they scored 6 against them i think Launceston manager is on borrowed time already .

Hope its not as hot as this next Saturday at Sticker not a lot of shady places there for Smokie dog lovely ground though and lovely people