Cornwall Football Forum

A step down at the Blues!

How bizarre 🤔 Lee Mann keeps hold a very good squad over the summer, adds more quality. 2 games in, 4 points, should have been 6 points with more goals. Chances not taken, understandable at the start of the season. Still favourites in most peoples eyes. Doesn’t add up, looks like unnecessary knee jerk reaction from the outside. Surely the club aren’t feeling the pressure of winning the league already, it’s a very long season. Would be interesting to know what went on, but it’s none of our business at the end of the day.

Very surprised about this.

Whatever the reason, Lee Mann will be remembered for the tremendous boost he gave the Liskeard club.

The squad development and attractive attacking football he engineered has welcomed a significant culture change at Lux Park.

I sincerely hope whomever takes full charge can continue the upward trend.

Thank you for your good work Lee 👏

2 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

Very surprised about this.

Whatever the reason, Lee Mann will be remembered for the tremendous boost he gave the Liskeard club.

The squad development and attractive attacking football he engineered has welcomed a significant culture change at Lux Park.

I sincerely hope whomever takes full charge can continue the upward trend.

Thank you for your good work Lee 👏

100% this! Great side to watch. Retained and developed squad. Friendly place to enjoy a game. All should be good at Lux Park.

Good evening

I have walked as it’s never been about me and when you get told 1 player and committee are not happy with how we are playing etc pushing the blame on myself, so seeing as they think I was the problem I have made the decision to step away from the mens squad as it’s unfair on the players as they need to focus on enjoying there football. 

I will still be running the ladies football team. There is no more to say other than club should always be about player happiness not managers. 

i wish the lads and Martin hodge and Martin Chrimes all the best. 

Very odd. Surly 1 player and a committee member don’t talk for the whole team.  You spent all summer bringing in a good squad how can you judge them after a few games.  . 
if there 1 player in that liskeard team with that much power to get a manager removed then that is worrying for the team. 

Heard tonight that there is a lot more to it than has been let on.

Someone above is very close to the truth in one of their statements and expect an announcement soon.

££ signs are flagging high in the Liskeard camp apparently which has a lot to do with it.

Is the squad really that good? Maybe in the current league they might be but after watching two games already this year, the standard is so far from what it used to be its shocking and hearing some of the money being paid to players in the current Peninsula League is outrageous - £80 + for strikers with goal bonus, really??!!

I'm seeing players that couldn't start in Peninsula sides last season playing 2/3 leagues above themselves this year.

7 hours ago, teflon123 said:

the standard is so far from what it used to be its shocking and hearing some of the money being paid to players in the current Peninsula League is outrageous 

I'm seeing players that couldn't start in Peninsula sides last season playing 2/3 leagues above themselves this year.

I've seen 8 games this season involving both Western League & SWPL sides, these have included friendlies, cup ties & league games. I have to agree the standard appears to be a lot worse. 

Not sure it's entirely down to player inefficiency 🤔 I feel the incessant hot weather and resultant rock hard pitches have been much more of a factor.

Hopefully, if and when some more normal weather patterns kick in we might see a higher quality of football again 🤞🙏

1 hour ago, Martin McHugh said:

Too much money,  simples.!!

MQx

Was chatting to a work colleague about non league football in the week. He played step 4/5 football in the London/Hertfordshire area, and was shocked when I told him what players at a comparable level are rumoured to be getting paid in the South West. When he said "how is that sustainable? " I replied, "it isn't."

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Was chatting to a work colleague about non league football in the week. He played step 4/5 football in the London/Hertfordshire area, and was shocked when I told him what players at a comparable level are rumoured to be getting paid in the South West. When he said "how is that sustainable? " I replied, "it isn't."

Exactly this, plus the standard of player being paid to play now is comical. In the not too distant past these were Duchy or P&D level players. But the clubs pay the money, and only have themselves to blame. 

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Exactly this, plus the standard of player being paid to play now is comical. In the not too distant past these were Duchy or P&D level players. But the clubs pay the money, and only have themselves to blame. 

Said this for ages a good majority of the players now playing would not  get anywhere near the bench let alone start   In this standard 20 years ago 

most young players  think now  because the get 50 quid for playing  they are best player in the south west .

young  Players with  about 10-15 clubs played for already so no loyalty. Not sure how it will improve  

An agreed suspension by all clubs, of the current way of attracting players to a particular club by bankrolling players wages at a level that few clubs can afford is the way forward that just isn't going to happen.
Too many club officials at all levels of the game can only see success as the contents of the trophy cabinet.
Of course not everyone can win the trophies on offer and so does that mean that everyone else is a failure, of course it doesn't, in fact a great many of the smaller clubs don't have the financial worries of those who attempt to buy success
Blackburn Rovers are a prime example of that scenario in the professional game when Jack Walker was their financier, and no doubt such situations have occured in local football.
When the money goes so do the players, and it's still a debatable subject in some quarters what the overall benefits that Jimmy Hill intrduced are to the smaller clubs in particular.
There used to be a minimum and maximum wage structure many years ago, can't see that happening again !

50 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

This thread is about Lee leaving Liskeard.Why does the subject of players wages always derail any thread on this forum ?

Most probably because of the impact on all issues concerned with football at all levels, it can't help but influence opinions of a club and its supporters.
Consequently anyone stepping down will always attract opinions of why it happened followed by suggestions of who will / should take over the vacancy created.
You have to accept the statement that Lee Mann has made as the reason he has stood down because as far as i'm aware nothing definitive has come from the club offically.