Dorchester Town             1-2           Tiverton Town

Hendon                             0-0              Chesham United

Merthyr Town                   5-2          Winchester City

North Leigh                       1-1             Hayes & Yeading United

Plymouth Parkway          3-1         Salisbury

Weston-super-Mare       3-1          Swindon Supermarine

Yate Town                         1-2              Truro City

parkway 3 -1 Salisbury 

parkwayd finally get the first win of the season at a very wet bolitho park . showing some fight and belief and hopefully will finally kick start the season  

first half I thought Salisbury were pretty average and  parkway could have easily gone  2-3 nil up with some pretty good chances ,  as it was it was the excellent Ben Seymour again getting the goal as parkway headed in 1 nil up  

2nd half parkway again looked the most threatening and deserved to go 2 up with a Williams header  , but almost straight away Salisbury scored and that when you sensed the nerves kick in around the ground and on the pitch  if it wasn’t for a brilliant save from Kyle Moore to stop it being 2-2 I’m not sure what would happen  

but parkway dug in defended well and scored deep into injury time to huge relief . 
i thought the new lad ok loan from Exeter was very good  and  Ben Seymour is real quality up front for that level  ( need to keep him fit and keep hold of him with higher league clubs already looking  I hear ) 

only around 400 I there I believe  on very wet night  , knew it wasn’t too busy as it was easy to park outside for once.   

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday 27 September 2022
10 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

parkway 3 -1 Salisbury 

parkwayd finally get the first win of the season at a very wet bolitho park . showing some fight and belief and hopefully will finally kick start the season  

first half I thought Salisbury were pretty average and  parkway could have easily gone  2-3 nil up with some pretty good chances ,  as it was it was the excellent Ben Seymour again getting the goal as parkway headed in 1 nil up  

2nd half parkway again looked the most threatening and deserved to go 2 up with a Williams header  , but almost straight away Salisbury scored and that when you sensed the nerves kick in around the ground and on the pitch  if it wasn’t for a brilliant save from Kyle Moore to stop it being 2-2 I’m not sure what would happen  

but parkway dug in defended well and scored deep into injury time to huge relief . 
i thought the new lad ok loan from Exeter was very good  and  Ben Seymour is real quality up front for that level  ( need to keep him fit and keep hold of him with higher league clubs already looking  I hear ) 

only around 400 I there I believe  on very wet night  , knew it wasn’t too busy as it was easy to park outside for once.   

Must have been a huge sigh of relief around Bolitho last night after the first win being achieved. The way the season has gone so far, even at 3-1 late in the game you couldn't be certain.

Significant that Mike Landricombe was left out. One of the great Parkway players of the last 10 years, but starting to show falibilities at step 3 level. Don't know where it leaves Tyler Ashmead and Reece Shanley as well with Harrison King coming in on loan from Exeter, would seem to indicate that Lee Hobbs is not convinced by his current right backs.

Free hit against Oxford City in the FA Cup on Saturday, but Yate, Poole and Harrow (all away) in quick succession. Need to pick up points against these clubs as they are all likely to be involved in the relegation scrap.

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Must have been a huge sigh of relief around Bolitho last night after the first win being achieved. The way the season has gone so far, even at 3-1 late in the game you couldn't be certain.

Significant that Mike Landricombe was left out. One of the great Parkway players of the last 10 years, but starting to show falibilities at step 3 level. Don't know where it leaves Tyler Ashmead and Reece Shanley as well with Harrison King coming in on loan from Exeter, would seem to indicate that Lee Hobbs is not convinced by his current right backs.

Free hit against Oxford City in the FA Cup on Saturday, but Yate, Poole and Harrow (all away) in quick succession. Need to pick up points against these clubs as they are all likely to be involved in the relegation scrap.

Mike landricombe has struggled this season he missed games with injury and holiday etc and never really seems to find that bit of consistency. 
the right back area has been a concern for ages . Had Finley craske who was superb last season and not really replaced 

hope this win means they can go on a bit of a run now. 

On 28/09/2022 at 09:26, Way Of The Park said:

Can't see Poole being relegation battlers, not now they've got Tony Lee back from Farnborough as well. They won 2-1 away at Gosport yesterday, and have picked up form recently.

2 hours ago, GRTourist said:

Can't see Poole being relegation battlers, not now they've got Tony Lee back from Farnborough as well. They won 2-1 away at Gosport yesterday, and have picked up form recently.

Didn't know Tony Lee had gone back there. Prolific striker, think Torquay has had a look at him in the past 

Do they still play at the speedway stadium?

No idea - I've never seen them at home, only away at London teams. I know their 'keeper which is why I've been keeping in touch with their results.

Yeah, Lee's loan at Farnborough expired. Genuinely think their season could hang on what happens with him - the statement on his return was... interesting. 

"The Board are pleased to confirm that Tony Lee will return to the club following the expiry of his loan spell with Farnborough and is expected to take his place in the squad for this Saturday’s trip to Met Police.

The Board has kept in touch with Tony during the last few weeks and believe he has been open and honest in terms of the matters which lay behind the loan being arranged . The club would emphasize that Tony has not been charged with any criminal offence."

2 minutes ago, GRTourist said:

The Board has kept in touch with Tony during the last few weeks and believe he has been open and honest in terms of the matters which lay behind the loan being arranged . The club would emphasize that Tony has not been charged with any criminal offence."

How ironic that his first game back will be away to the Met Police...

1 minute ago, sportsman10 said:

They also have Toby holmes upfront. Ex Taunton striker banged in a lot of goals at that level .  Would imagine they have enough to climb the table 

You certainly need an ace goal scorer at this level. Parkway have one in Ben Seymour, Truro, just like Poole, have two in Rocky Neal and Tyler Harvey.