Cornwall Football Forum

Penzance v Porthleven

Guest Black&White

A fair assessment of proceedings there, Paparazzi. Yes, the Magpies were left wondering quite how they hadn't won the game handsomely; a 1-0 defeat would have flattered Porthleven, let alone 1-1.

Full credit though to Port keeper Luke Payne, who really looks an excellent prospect, pulling off some superb saves to keep his side in the game.

Well done also to the Tax-Dodging Saint, who capped a fine performance up front with a deserved goal - got it right this week Stuart! :P

Could Wadebridge now be considered slight title favourites? Personally I'd still back Porthleven to do it, but they'll have to play better than they did today ...

Carlsberg South West Peninsula League division one west friday March 21

---------------------------------------------------------------

# Team Pl Wo Dr Lo Gf Ga Dif Pts

1 Porthleven 26 20 4 2 87 27 60 64

2 Wadebridge 22 18 1 3 54 24 30 55

3 Mousehole 26 12 9 5 58 43 15 45

4 Penryn 25 10 10 5 59 31 28 40

5 VospersOV 24 12 4 8 45 39 6 40

6 Dobwalls 27 12 2 13 66 55 11 38

7 Penzance 24 10 7 7 50 42 8 37

8 Newquay 23 11 1 11 50 37 13 34

9 Camelford 24 9 7 8 43 40 3 34

10 Foxhole 24 10 1 13 48 55 -7 31

11 Hayle 23 7 9 7 36 33 3 30

12 Millbrook 23 7 7 9 34 35 -1 28

13 Wendron 23 7 5 11 32 44 -12 26

14 Callington 23 5 1 17 28 62 -34 16

15 Goonhavern 23 2 4 17 25 80 -55 10

16 St Austell 22 2 2 18 22 90 -68 8

21/03/2008 Penzance 1 - 1 Porthleven

21/03/2008 Vospers OV 2 - 0 Millbrook

21/03/2008 Wadebridge 3 - 1 Camelford

Bottom line Wadebridge - 4 games in hand 9 points behind and one of the games in the league not in hand is Porthleven aswel a possible chance to go 4 points clear and still with Porthleven to play.....

Very much in the hands of the Wadebridge boys!!!!!!

Cornish Teddy Boy is right it was four minutes from time but that still made it almost five minutes into injury time, and that on top of the five minutes extra in the first half. Quite how Penzance didn't win is beyond alot of us: Liam Bennett missed one from close range when he got himself wrong footed and Jack Liidicoat nearly put away goal of the season, only prevented by a great save by the Port keeper. Add to all that about five PZ players booked and Gavin Edwards being sent off for handball on the line and you had a cracking good Easter treat.

Well done to all involved today...you wouldn't think it was essentially the same team as against Callington.

Cornish Teddy Boy is right it was four minutes from time but that still made it almost five minutes into injury time, and that on top of the five minutes extra in the first half. Quite how Penzance didn't win is beyond alot of us: Liam Bennett missed one from close range when he got himself wrong footed and Jack Liidicoat nearly put away goal of the season, only prevented by a great save by the Port keeper. Add to all that about five PZ players booked and Gavin Edwards being sent off for handball on the line and you had a cracking good Easter treat.

Well done to all involved today...you wouldn't think it was essentially the same team as against Callington.

You wouldn`t think it was essentially the same team as against Liskeard on tuesday night either!

Correct me if i`m wrong but didnt the 2nd half last 1hr instead of the normal 45mins?

Only dissapointment of the day for me personally was seeing Dan Stidwell still being wasted on the bench! He knows where he should be we`ve all told him enough, come on Danny boy come back to where you belong, you know what i`m on about.

Guest Woodpecker

It's Only Rubbish Cornish Football.It's Only Dan Stidwell,not Beckham or Ronaldo,Penzance r only 7th and port r not going to win the league!So who cares clubman :wacko::wacko: Port played very bad yesterday,pz played ok.but still pz team is just a combo team :ninja: :ninja:

No wonder that clubs get P****d off, here we have an active member of Porthleven AFC making what to all intents is an illegal approach. I hope that the powers to be at Pz read this site & make the appropriate representations.

Haha whatever!

Didnt know a supporter could make an illegal approach! All i do for the club is run their website so chew on that one!

And for the record i wasn`t referring him to come back to Porthleven AFC only he knows what team i`m on about, so get off your high horse clubman and get a grip!

Love to see the PZ powers that be try and do something about that, "Well one of your supporters said on the cornish forum that Mr Dan Stidwell should come back to where he belongs (we`re not sure where that is of course?) and although this person has nothing to do with the club offically we think we may throw a paddy and come up with some bullshit about illegal approach! hahahahaha

It's Only Rubbish Cornish Football.It's Only Dan Stigwell,not Beckham or Ronaldo,Penzance r only 7th and port r not going to win the league!So who cares clubman :wacko::wacko: Port played very bad yesterday,pz played ok.but still pz team is just a combo team :ninja::ninja:

Sums it right up!

Guest Tax-Dodging Saint

Black & White. spot on this week always helps cutting out the middle man :D

Paparazzi did you take any snaps of the game?

With all that has happened over the last few weeks down at pz i think that this was a massive result for us whether it was against an under par port or not. with mousehole next friday and wadebridge the week after that pz will need to dig deep but if and thats a big if at the minute we can win both we will be sitting 3rd. yesterday was a huge step back in the right direction. Combo side hahaha don't make me laugh.

Anyone seen Karate Kid, as we all know Craig is a fine exponent of "The Crane" a difficult move for even the most adept fighter.

Craig can be seen in the early hours of the morning on a Sunday on the bollards below the Humphry Davy statue practising the move, complete with inane mumblings! I would stay clear though he is likely to rely on you to carry him home as it takes so much energy that his legs do not suport his frame! :drink::drink:

Sorry Craig! :thumbsup:

nice one general,like it :thumbsup: as long as its a sunday and not a sat morning morning you enjoy yourself craig. did you see the game general,i thought players showed tremendous character after recent events and what a great midfield ; two liams,skipper nick and baby jack, average age 19 and with young bullock and alfie turner on bench and steve burt to come back in the future looks bright for pz :yahoo:

No Dan I did not watch although my Father-in-Law is at Penlee Park most weeks as a fan. I am too busy along with Rhondda producing players for PZ at Gulval. Jack was in my Reserve side last year Mining 3!!! Other notable Gulval production line nominees Jay and Jimmy. jojo, Steadman, Danny Michaels and Jack Eckley.................