Ilfracombe Town      P-P   Shepton Mallet
Keynsham Town     P-P   Helston Athletic
Millbrook          P-P    Street
Saltash United     P-P    Bridgwater United
Sherborne Town        P-P    Cadbury Heath
Torpoint Athletic     3-1    Ashton & Backwell United
Wellington     P-P  Mousehole

Barnstaple vs Welton postponed too.

I appreciate the “too early” question but I think a frozen pitch is different from trying to guess how accurate a rain forecast might turn out to be - with a frozen pitch the groundsman will have a pretty good idea how long it takes his pitch to thaw. I’m inclined to trust the groundsmen. 

1 hour ago, GaryHocking said:

Barnstaple vs Welton postponed too.

I appreciate the “too early” question but I think a frozen pitch is different from trying to guess how accurate a rain forecast might turn out to be - with a frozen pitch the groundsman will have a pretty good idea how long it takes his pitch to thaw. I’m inclined to trust the groundsmen. 

Yep.. Fair enough comment Gary

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 17 December 2022
18 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

Torpoint behaviour in this game..... Unlike times I've seen them'in the past...  was actually very good... In stark contrast to the constant moaning from the away side

I’m talking about the comments following this mornings inspection and the absolute bile being tweeted by Mr Gibbons who I believe is linked with the club?

28 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

I’m talking about the comments following this mornings inspection and the absolute bile being tweeted by Mr Gibbons who I believe is linked with the club?

Oh right.. He's still moaning now. 

I was surprised the game was on but having watched it(albeit not playing on it) it looked perfectly fine. No one struggled.. No slipping and game was decent

Thanks both and regardless of the result the view was always going to be same that the pitch was frankly unsafe in areas. This wasn't only my view but that of the visiting Chairman and the referee assessor on the game who stated he would have called the game off.

We were in a similar situation to Millbrook with the difference being that the match official was different to the morning inspecting official. Having known Shaun for a number of years, I raised my concerns to both him and the League.

Footy follower, watching the game I'm surprised by the comments. Multiple players slipped, especially in the opening 15 minutes where the opposition where in good positions to score.

3 hours ago, bighairydave said:

Notice Torpoint no longer bad mouthing the referee now that they won the game too!

Not on the forum from me or Gibbons you won’t, not without context or something to back it up. I’ve done a little reffing myself, albeit brief. Most difficult role in the game, but we need them. Cheers for the quote though BHD. 

4 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Not on the forum from me or Gibbons you won’t, not without context or something to back it up. I’ve done a little reffing myself, albeit brief. Most difficult role in the game, but we need them. Cheers for the quote though BHD. 

Check out Twitter. Perhaps your “football coordinator” needs to say a bit less there.

1 minute ago, bighairydave said:

Check out Twitter. Perhaps your “football coordinator” needs to say a bit less there.

I’ve seen it all. Even if he changes his mind after some sleep tonight I know him well enough to either stand by his opinion or admit to hot headedness and apologise. More than most on the forum or social media would do. I reckon I know which he’ll do on this occasion knowing how few games were on today that had a qualified official inspect their pitches beforehand. 

7 hours ago, L.Gibbons said:

Thanks both and regardless of the result the view was always going to be same that the pitch was frankly unsafe in areas. This wasn't only my view but that of the visiting Chairman and the referee assessor on the game who stated he would have called the game off.

We were in a similar situation to Millbrook with the difference being that the match official was different to the morning inspecting official. Having known Shaun for a number of years, I raised my concerns to both him and the League.

Footy follower, watching the game I'm surprised by the comments. Multiple players slipped, especially in the opening 15 minutes where the opposition where in good positions to score.

I actually respect the fact that you're still saying(probably shdnt have used the word moaning) that it shdnt have been on. 

I just think from where I was the pitch looked fine and there was a decent game. 

However.. Like I stated... I wasn't actually on it trying to play. 

8 hours ago, bighairydave said:

Thanks BHD, I'll take that on board for future reference. No more was said online that at both the mornings inspection and the game.

Rightly or wrongly, we're all entitled to an opinion and at present have more ways than ever to convey that message. Whilst I appreciate I can be stubborn at times my view hasn't changed.

On reflection from the actual 90 minutes, being the only game on in the League, we knew we had the opportunity to jump a few places in the table. I thought we started the game superbly. Richards and Marks ran channels well with Zalick showing his class and experience. The 10 and 7 for the visitors both found themselves in good positions early but slipped on the surface. 2 fine saves from the opposite No.1 kept the score even before Zalick put us one up at the half hour mark. There was a sin-bin shortly after for the visitors, with the manager even asking the player to be quiet.

Second half we continued much in the same way as we pinned A&B back. Unsure what happened to the A&B No.1 who looked to pick up a nasty injury off the ball and had to be subbed with the centre half donning the gloves. We were very quickly awarded a penalty and with regular taker Damerell named as a sub, Richards stepped up to put past the stand in keeper. Torpoint made it 3 from a Heveran free kick in the 80th minute, a great strike but one of those where you see how keepers earn their cash. At 3-0, A&B seemed to find a 2nd wind, it was constant presser on the Torpoint goal and after a superb strike got one back, they should've had a penalty as another shot was blocked by the arm of Hillson but nothing was given.

MOM: Paul Heveran, a fantastic display in the middle of the park.

Next up, a Boxing Day derby away to Millbrook.

15 minutes ago, L.Gibbons said:

Thanks BHD, I'll take that on board for future reference. No more was said online that at both the mornings inspection and the game.

Rightly or wrongly, we're all entitled to an opinion and at present have more ways than ever to convey that message. Whilst I appreciate I can be stubborn at times my view hasn't changed.

Agree we are entitled to an opinion, but someone I your position should be more measured and use your club to make complaints, etc. rather than putting it specifically on your personal Twitter.

On 18/12/2022 at 08:36, L.Gibbons said:

On reflection from the actual 90 minutes, being the only game on in the League, we knew we had the opportunity to jump a few places in the table. I thought we started the game superbly. Richards and Marks ran channels well with Zalick showing his class and experience. The 10 and 7 for the visitors both found themselves in good positions early but slipped on the surface. 2 fine saves from the opposite No.1 kept the score even before Zalick put us one up at the half hour mark. There was a sin-bin shortly after for the visitors, with the manager even asking the player to be quiet.

Second half we continued much in the same way as we pinned A&B back. Unsure what happened to the A&B No.1 who looked to pick up a nasty injury off the ball and had to be subbed with the centre half donning the gloves. We were very quickly awarded a penalty and with regular taker Damerell named as a sub, Richards stepped up to put past the stand in keeper. Torpoint made it 3 from a Heveran free kick in the 80th minute, a great strike but one of those where you see how keepers earn their cash. At 3-0, A&B seemed to find a 2nd wind, it was constant presser on the Torpoint goal and after a superb strike got one back, they should've had a penalty as another shot was blocked by the arm of Hillson but nothing was given.

Is Kyle Marks a full time addition, or playing as Bodmin didn't have a game?

On 18/12/2022 at 08:36, L.Gibbons said:

Great and accurate assessment of the game and pitch Luke. Standing near the tea hut you could hear the thud of the ball and the players when they were running past, that the pitch was indeed very hard/frozen in places. A good three points for Torpoint though, good to see Ryan Richards looking sharp and hungry and I’m sure you’ll push on second half of the season.

My only complaint would be, someone forgot to switch the heating on in the stadium, my feet still thawing out 😂

43 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

The latter, though he has left Bodmin and returned to St Blazey according to the SWL Transfers list posted on Twitter recently.

Read that Kyle Marks left Blazey for Bodmin in search of regular starts, interesting then that he's made the return journey to Blaise Park a few weeks later.

9 hours ago, JonColenzo said:

Great and accurate assessment of the game and pitch Luke. Standing near the tea hut you could hear the thud of the ball and the players when they were running past, that the pitch was indeed very hard/frozen in places. A good three points for Torpoint though, good to see Ryan Richards looking sharp and hungry and I’m sure you’ll push on second half of the season.

My only complaint would be, someone forgot to switch the heating on in the stadium, my feet still thawing out 😂

Thanks JC.

Was great to see Ryan back and looking like he's regaining his sharpness. Tell me about it, I was absolutely frozen!