Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth richest club in the league yet still wont win it

Well Mr Massey it looks like you have backed the wrong horse because for all the money you have put into Falmouth this year it looks like a cert that it will all be for nothing as you are looking at a 4th or 5th place finish. Perhaps this is a sign that money doesn't buy everything and perhaps you need a team that actually wants to play for your club not just be there because of the money you are willing to pay!!!!! :clapper: :yahoo:

Guest Tractorboy

Cant agree more!! It appears to me Falmouth have brought players in NOT to strenghthen their team but to ensure those players who are now on a wedge and warming the bench are not a threat to them if they had continued playing for their previous teams!!.

I really hope lads like Carter and Davies who probably enjoyed having their egos stroked and their wallets filled are now regretting their decisions and want to get back to actually doing what they are good at and that is playing football and not worrying about the brown envelope at the end of the match!

:drink:

Guest Urban Spaceman

tractorboy that wudnt be a bitter reply from a torpoint official wud it?

witheridge arent bottom hammers but they have £s flying about as well. didnt sum1 post that dan mcauly is flashing the cash? how much is harper penman getting-more than falmouth were paying i bet

Guest Tractorboy

Urban Spaceman

My post is based on the comments made by the Torpoint Manager Ian Stephens on Dave Deacons Radio Slot Yesterday.

I sympathise with him as he has built a team capable of finishing in the top half of the table with, I would guess on a low budget and within the space of weeks he has seen his two main strikers move to Falmouth. Now thats not because the dug out down there has been interior designed or centrally heated!! No we all know its for the money on offer!

If players are happy to sit on the bench and take the big money then Falmouth is the place for them but surely these lads and others like them are at an age where they want to be playing week in and week out and thats what they would be doing if they stayed at clubs like Torpoint.

I reckon once the season has been finally decided there will be a clear out and those who have moved down there will be binned just as quick as they were signed because my guess is they are not part of the long term plans and have been signed to eliminate these players from playing against them for this season only!!

Dan McCauley isnt funding Witheridge however i wish he was though because if he was we would be the richest side in the league :unsure:

Witheridge's money comes from a secret money tree in the village but only the clubs managment know where it is :wacko:

Hammers look at the league table we are eigth not bottom and havn't been bottom since Christmas 7 wins in 7 league games have made sure of that :yahoo: :yahoo:

Man on the post,

Very good Question, I believe that Steve Massey, although I rate him very highly, may be putting to much into signing up new players & not enough, into getting the ones that he has to perform for 90 minutes on the Pitch, as we all know money may buy the players, but it does not allways produce the results that you are looking for,

with the players that he has signed up they should be getting far better results than what they are, for instance, many of the matches this season town have performed well in the first have & gone to sleep in the second, they have not really played well as a team,

for the Town suporter this is very frustrating, because we know that Town have the players, but they are just not motivated enough,

& do not play well as a team,

apart from these comments I wish I could come up with the answer, I believe that in the end only Steve Massey can come up with the answer.

Hammers :huh::angry2::c: :c:

Guest Man on the Post

Hammers I agree, with approx 70 players used in the last two seasons I think it must be more down to motivation and organisation of the team. I was also wondering if you think that Steve Massey has as much enthusiam for the job as he used to have? He's not on the radio as much as he used to be and the last time I heard him he seemed a bit flat and not as bubbly as normal.

I hope that there are good times ahead for Falmouth there are a lot of hard working people behind the scenes who deserve it. :thumbsup: