Cornwall Football Forum

HELSTON CAPTAIN JOSH STOREY SIGNS FOR MOUSEHOLE

mattelot

36 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

What about Dave barker he signed and I doubt he be sitting on the bench. Along with Calum Martindale. That 3 ex Saltash players that will be  guaranteed starters prob why storey etc have left. 

Reece Shanley and Teigan Rosenquest played regularly in those wing back positions last season, and have both moved onto Buckland.

Barker and Martindale both look upgrades over those two.

On 23/06/2023 at 16:59, kevin richards said:

The moral of the story is, never trust anything a player says to you in June. !!!!!

That Callum Martindale announcement in full;

"... having spoken to the manager of Helston/Buckland (delete what not applicable),they match my ambitions and I am looking forward to travelling and meeting up with my teammates down the A30/up the A38 (delete the stretch of dual carriageway that doesn't apply). I am looking forward to starting pre season and getting started under Matt Cusack/Dan Hart (delete name not applicable). I'm sure we can have a great campaign at Kellaway Park/Homers Heath (delete ground name that's not applicable), and I want to help them push for the title."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 08/09/2023 at 14:22, Jeremy Wade said:

Any news on the injury picked up pre season, as haven't seen or heard anything coming out of Mousehole and obviously Josh has not played a competitive game yet!

is it for that reason why he's not in he squad list (yet) on the Southern League web site??

JW

He didn't even get a mention when injured players were spoken about in the Mousehole section of the podcast. This, and the signing of Brandon Pursall, makes me think a comeback is months, and not weeks, away.