Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Wednesday 30 August 2023

Dave Deacon

Blazey obliterated by half time tonight ! Really strong display from Buckland 5-1 but could have been 10-5 !! Great game in front of over 200 ! 

Really  good battle, great referee and not even a yellow card and not one bit of player abuse! A pleasant change

One point of note, which I can’t understand, the fact that it was a 730 kickoff with Blazey having such a long journey. Seems a little unfair. Most games 7-45

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 30 August 2023

Buckland 5v1 St Blazey. Att.208

Bucklands ground and their clubhouse and whole set up is the bench mark for all clubs at this level and below. Great set up. 👌 

St Blazey could have easily took a very lead but Buckland went on to punish St Blazey for 3 mistakes in the first half. In between, St Blazey competed well but Buckland always carried more of a threat. St Blazey came out in the second half and gave it a right go but another mistake was punished to make it 4. Another goal made it 5 before St Blazey pushed for a late consolation and got a deserved goal in the dying moments.

St Blazey have had a very tough first month in the Western league. September will tell us more about where we are. 

But despite the result, its much better having the chance to visit the likes of Buckland to watch football. Home for midnight after St Blazey players and supporters stayed behind after the match.

The only disappointment was the match being moved to the same night our reserve side were at home. They had to come from 2 down to draw 2v2 with St Minver in front of 104 supporters. 

St Blazey are home to Ilfracombe on Saturday. Kick off 3.00pm. 

9 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Blazey obliterated by half time tonight ! Really strong display from Buckland 5-1 but could have been 10-5 !! Great game in front of over 200 ! 

Really  good battle, great referee and not even a yellow card and not one bit of player abuse! A pleasant change

Buckland looked by far the best team Blazey have played this season, ( apart from Mousehole) . Thought ref had a  superb game, I saw 3 yellows, 1 each for shirt pull backs and pretty sure another Buckland player was booked .
 1st time to Buckland impressed with the facilities and set up.

8 hours ago, Paul said:

Bucklands ground and their clubhouse and whole set up is the bench mark for all clubs at this level and below. Great set up. 👌 

St Blazey could have easily took a very lead but Buckland went on to punish St Blazey for 3 mistakes in the first half. In between, St Blazey competed well but Buckland always carried more of a threat. St Blazey came out in the second half and gave it a right go but another mistake was punished to make it 4. Another goal made it 5 before St Blazey pushed for a late consolation and got a deserved goal in the dying moments.

St Blazey have had a very tough first month in the Western league. September will tell us more about where we are. 

But despite the result, its much better having the chance to visit the likes of Buckland to watch football. Home for midnight after St Blazey players and supporters stayed behind after the match.

The only disappointment was the match being moved to the same night our reserve side were at home. They had to come from 2 down to draw 2v2 with St Minver in front of 104 supporters. 

Watching all the goals I can’t see where 3 mistakes are ?  Looked more like Buckland attack just going through your midfield and defence with ease. Only 1 slight mistake when a Blazey player thought he was neymar and lost the ball stupidly and Buckland score. 
Buckland  have always had a nice set up. They just need that team to take them up to next level. 

3 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Watching all the goals I can’t see where 3 mistakes are ?  Looked more like Buckland attack just going through your midfield and defence with ease. Only 1 slight mistake when a Blazey player thought he was neymar and lost the ball stupidly and Buckland score. 
Buckland  have always had a nice set up. They just need that team to take them up to next level. 

Sure people at Buckland must get fed up with the "nice ground and great facilities" label. Especially as their Devon contemporaries Parkway, Tavi, Exmouth and Willand have gone past them on the playing side.

Hopefully this is the season they go up.

13 hours ago, Paul said:

Luke Gibbons will know the detail for better than me, but I'm sure Torpoint took a month or two to bed down in the Western League last season (possibly coincided with Ryan Fice being added to the coaching staff). Hopefully things will follow a similar path at Blazey, and that they soon find their feet in a tougher league.

Yeah, early days yet. August is a nightmare for player availability too. Last season Torpoint went the first 7 or 8 without a win I think. Once the team got used to it, and got Dammerz and Ryan fitter, post Xmas our form was up there close with the title challengers. No rush or panic at Blaise Park required, it isn't September til tomorrow and only 5 games played out of 34. 

6 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Yeah, early days yet. August is a nightmare for player availability too. Last season Torpoint went the first 7 or 8 without a win I think. Once the team got used to it, and got Dammerz and Ryan fitter, post Xmas our form was up there close with the title challengers. No rush or panic at Blaise Park required, it isn't September til tomorrow and only 5 games played out of 34. 

To be fair you just answer it. You got Ryan Richards fit and dammerel . Not sure if Blazey have that level of player to get them going. 

9 hours ago, iand said:

Buckland looked by far the best team Blazey have played this season, ( apart from Mousehole) . Thought ref had a  superb game, I saw 3 yellows, 1 each for shirt pull backs and pretty sure another Buckland player was booked .
 1st time to Buckland impressed with the facilities and set up.

I seriously never saw a card !!! Lol

literally making an opticians appointment tomorrow !! 😬 

4 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Luke Gibbons will know the detail for better than me, but I'm sure Torpoint took a month or two to bed down in the Western League last season (possibly coincided with Ryan Fice being added to the coaching staff). Hopefully things will follow a similar path at Blazey, and that they soon find their feet in a tougher league.

No doubt about it, the start was rocky to say the least. Clearly it took us 8 games to pick up our first 3 points but the 7-0 win against Wendron in the Vase gave us a huge boost that we were creating chances and deserved to be in the League above. One thing we realised quickly was that there were no whipping boys in this League. I remember playing Keynsham at The Mill and thinking what a good footballing side they were.The value of Ficey joining the team was huge. Yes, Ryan and Curtis getting fit was always going to help but Ryan will tell you, his injuries lasted the majority of the season.

I agree, Blazey will pick up. Their next 3 are "winnable" games if they play well.

21 minutes ago, L.Gibbons said:

No doubt about it, the start was rocky to say the least. Clearly it took us 8 games to pick up our first 3 points but the 7-0 win against Wendron in the Vase gave us a huge boost that we were creating chances and deserved to be in the League above. One thing we realised quickly was that there were no whipping boys in this League. I remember playing Keynsham at The Mill and thinking what a good footballing side they were.The value of Ficey joining the team was huge. Yes, Ryan and Curtis getting fit was always going to help but Ryan will tell you, his injuries lasted the majority of the season.

I agree, Blazey will pick up. Their next 3 are "winnable" games if they play well.

Is Darren Stewart still at Blazey? Highly rated coach, and also well connected to the better young players in the Plymouth area.

On 31/08/2023 at 12:31, Way Of The Park said:

Sure people at Buckland must get fed up with the "nice ground and great facilities" label. Especially as their Devon contemporaries Parkway, Tavi, Exmouth and Willand have gone past them on the playing side.

Hopefully this is the season they go up.

Indeed WOTP. Made that point several times on here!