Barnstaple Town            2-2              Shepton Mallet

Clevedon Town               0-0             Falmouth Town

Helston Athletic               5-2             Ilfracombe Town

Millbrook                           0-6         Buckland Athletic

Saltash United                 3-2           Nailsea & Tickenham

Torpoint Athletic               3-1           Oldland Abbotonians

Wellington                         1-1           St Blazey

Welton Rovers                   0-2              Brixham

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Friday & Saturday 15 & 16 September 2023

After today's results the league table looks good with Cornish clubs occupying the top three places.

Despite a good-looking result for Falmouth at Clevedon, Helston move two points clear with their win at home to Ilfracombe. What a game that was as well! Helston two down at the half-time break, which could have been three as the visitors missed a penalty just before the interval.

The come-back, not immediate after the restart, started with Jordan Copp showing how to score from the penalty spot, although it looked tight at the time with shading the upright/bar and going in. Then Rikki Shepherd came on as a sub and played a big part in the Blues' revival with a hat-trick, while in between that treble, Curtis Damerell flicked in a Copp cross to score as well.

I guess it shows the value of having three very useful strikers!

Tremendous game for the spectator, the only downside of that comment being that there should be more attending a side that's top of the table! 

Torpoint AFC 3-1 Oldland Abbotonians

A frantic first 10 minutes at The Mill after a delayed KO. Torpoint took the lead after 4 minutes, Richards proving for Hicks to slot home from close range. The lead didn't last long with Clarke replying for the visitors. The chaos wasn't finished there... Torpoint soon retook the lead when Rooney unleashed from all of 25 yards. Deep breath... the remainder of the half lacked a little quality as the showers grew. Torpoint offered plenty of space to the opposing centre halfs with the Oddlands threat coming mainly from their lefthand side. Torpoint looked often to release Richards or Heveran but to little avail.

With regards to the second half, I can't give too much of a breakdown (screaming toddler not enjoying the wet). Richards did, however, make it 3 and 3 points for Torpoint. I'm sure Rappo & Deacs will be pleased to see him back on the scoresheet.

Another good 3 points to Dean and the team as we climb the table again. A road trip with the FA Vase and CSC coming up, sandwiched in there a trip to Saltash which should be good viewing.

Saltash 3 Nailsea 2.... 105att

Pretty average first half were somehow Nailsea went in 2 1 up, both teams were pretty poor, 2nd half Saltash played a lot lot better created loads of chances,  and got the win they deserved in the end, but can't help thinking what would of happened if the Nailsea keeper did  not get injured, he could hardly move for 15 mins, and that's when the ashes scored the 2 goals, after the third the keeper had to go off as he was totally a bystander, but fair play to Saltash, I always love to sit in the main stand at kimberley, it's so much fun to hear the rubbish that comes out of the regulars  mouths, comical moaning. But they ended up happy at the final whistle.... 

1 hour ago, tamar.man said:

Pretty average first half were somehow Nailsea went in 2 1 up, both teams were pretty poor, 2nd half Saltash played a lot lot better created loads of chances,  and got the win they deserved in the end, but can't help thinking what would of happened if the Nailsea keeper did  not get injured, he could hardly move for 15 mins, and that's when the ashes scored the 2 goals, after the third the keeper had to go off as he was totally a bystander, but fair play to Saltash, I always love to sit in the main stand at kimberley, it's so much fun to hear the rubbish that comes out of the regulars  mouths, comical moaning. But they ended up happy at the final whistle.... 

doesn’t sound like you love sitting in the main stand as most of your posts you moan about saltash?

keeper was ok, struggled with kicking and centre half took the goal kicks from about 70 mins onwards. Keeper went off for last couple minutes when ashes were already 3-2 up. Injured or not, he was not at fault nor would he have stopped any of the 3 ashes goals 

On 15/09/2023 at 14:49, Dave Deacon said:

15/09/23

Street                              1-3             Bridgwater United

16/09/23

Barnstaple Town            2-2              Shepton Mallet

Clevedon Town               0-0             Falmouth Town

Helston Athletic               5-2             Ilfracombe Town

Millbrook                           0-7             Buckland Athletic

Saltash United                 3-2           Nailsea & Tickenham

Torpoint Athletic               3-1           Oldland Abbotonians

Wellington                         1-1           St Blazey

Welton Rovers                   0-2              Brixham

Buckland was 6-0, although the Western League say 7.

12 hours ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Helston doesn’t have a massive fan base, and Mousehole playing at home in the FA Cup doesn’t help in picking up any floating supporters. Perhaps Helston need to do more in engaging the town in supporting the team on match days.

It is very disappointing, especially as they do the things in the community that people complain Truro don't do (run multiple men's teams, having a women's team and a thriving youth section ). Probably more people stood in a town centre pub watching Premier League football than bothering to watch the step 5 league leaders on their own doorstep. 

Millbrook are experiencing the down side of having had a side that, if previous comments on here are correct, are more loyal on a personal basis  to individual /s rather than a club.
When Joe Bloggs moves away from a club, be he the manager or a player, he will often be followed by others as has happened with some teams already this season.
Good luck to Millbrook who have not decided to shirk their task and have turned out a team for each fixture, well done !
Two words vital to any club for their continued existence be they top of the table or bottom, are loyalty and commitment.
Unfortunately for football at this level, a third word has crept in that has affected clubs who either don't or won't comply and that's money

6 minutes ago, We Two said:

Millbrook are experiencing the down side of having had a side that, if previous comments on here are correct, are more loyal on a personal basis  to individual /s rather than a club.
When Joe Bloggs moves away from a club, be he the manager or a player, he will often be followed by others as has happened with some teams already this season.
Good luck to Millbrook who have not decided to shirk their task and have turned out a team for each fixture, well done !
Two words vital to any club for their continued existence be they top of the table or bottom, are loyalty and commitment.
Unfortunately for football at this level, a third word has crept in that has affected clubs who either don't or won't comply and that's money

I was at Millbrook yesterday and was listening to some positive comments from the chairman which were nice to hear. The club are certainly not giving up and the attitude of the players was an absolute joy. They had a “full “ bench  aswell so I for one will be happy to see them rewarded with some points on the board soon I hope.

lovely people down there

1 hour ago, rocky170267 said:

I was at Millbrook yesterday and was listening to some positive comments from the chairman which were nice to hear. The club are certainly not giving up and the attitude of the players was an absolute joy. They had a “full “ bench  aswell so I for one will be happy to see them rewarded with some points on the board soon I hope.

lovely people down there

Totally agree, lovely people there who made me & Mrs Jim most welcome. The points will start to arrive, and hopefully the club can continue to grow again. 

With 490 at street on Friday with over 200 travelling fans from Bridgwater is amazing and begs the question is Friday night football an option for clubs to take seriously,at Bridgwater there last 3 Friday night games have had attendances of over 500 now of course it’s not feasible every week but for local Derby’s it could be a good option if it generates bigger revenue for the clubs.

16 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

After today's results the league table looks good with Cornish clubs occupying the top three places.

Despite a good-looking result for Falmouth at Clevedon, Helston move two points clear with their win at home to Ilfracombe. What a game that was as well! Helston two down at the half-time break, which could have been three as the visitors missed a penalty just before the interval.

The come-back, not immediate after the restart, started with Jordan Copp showing how to score from the penalty spot, although it looked tight at the time with shading the upright/bar and going in. Then Rikki Shepherd came on as a sub and played a big part in the Blues' revival with a hat-trick, while in between that treble, Curtis Damerell flicked in a Copp cross to score as well.

I guess it shows the value of having three very useful strikers!

Tremendous game for the spectator, the only downside of that comment being that there should be more attending a side that's top of the table! 

thats because you CANT buy your support lol 

18 hours ago, tamar.man said:

There are a group of regulars who mostly moan and are intensely cliquey. I usually sit near the away dressing room and the 'visitors section' when I go there, which isn't too often these days since they became a rebadged Millbrook.

5 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

It is very disappointing, especially as they do the things in the community that people complain Truro don't do (run multiple men's teams, having a women's team and a thriving youth section ). Probably more people stood in a town centre pub watching Premier League football than bothering to watch the step 5 league leaders on their own doorstep. 

Agree WOTP. Helson do engage with the community and have many teams, all given good support from senior club people. Not really sure what gates people expect. I think Saltash getting 105 yesterday is much poorer in view of their catchment area.

56 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

There are a group of regulars who mostly moan and are intensely cliquey. I usually sit near the away dressing room and the 'visitors section' when I go there, which isn't too often these days since they became a rebadged Millbrook.

Agree WOTP. Helson do engage with the community and have many teams, all given good support from senior club people. Not really sure what gates people expect. I think Saltash getting 105 yesterday is much poorer in view of their catchment area.

Yes they have many teams but historically the youth section and to an extent the women’s team and the reserve/development teams have all been run separately even if under the one banner. Think that issue is slowly being addressed. With regards to floating support - lots of village clubs surrounding Helston and Culdrose have their own team too. Cornwall supporters are parochial and few are bothered if the football is level 5,6,7 or 8. Just my humble opinion and not meant as a slight on anyone.