Bridgwater United       5-0            Torpoint Athletic

Brixham           7-0            Millbrook

Falmouth Town    6-1           Street

Ilfracombe Town      3-0            Welton Rovers

Nailsea & Tickenham     4-3            Buckland Athletic

Oldland Abbotonians     1-5            Helston Athletic

Shepton Mallet    3-1            Saltash United

St Blazey          0-1            Clevedon Town

On a warm sunny afternoon this was a dominant display by Bridgwater today running out 5-0 winners with some quality goals.Torpoint were never allowed in the game today and found the home sides quick passing game tough to cope with and never threatened at any stage of the game, The front three strikers for Bridgwater Murray,Thorn and Taylor always looked Dangerous but this was a fine all round performance from Bridgwater sending the fans home very happy.

1 hour ago, John Henry said:

On a warm sunny afternoon this was a dominant display by Bridgwater today running out 5-0 winners with some quality goals.Torpoint were never allowed in the game today and found the home sides quick passing game tough to cope with and never threatened at any stage of the game, The front three strikers for Bridgwater Murray,Thorn and Taylor always looked Dangerous but this was a fine all round performance from Bridgwater sending the fans home very happy.

No complaints from me, Bridgwater are a very good side and will be up there at the end of season. Also it’s a very good set up and I enjoyed my cheeseburger and chips. Got to be one the best tea huts in the league with a great menu!

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 7 October 2023
1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

In the past when's there has been a barrage of one-sided results in the SWPL it's been suggested for some reason the standards are dropping, should we think the same now for the Western League?

I don't think you would be wrong to say that this is the weakest Western League for a good few years.

How so? Take out a couple of freak results from Saturday, and it looks like a normal league table early on. The top sides have flown out of the blocks but there's not many hammerings every weekend. Ignoring the anomaly of Millbrook the bottom 5 clubs are separated by 3pts, and the top 8 are all within 6 points. We may have lost the quality of Tavi, Exmouth and Mousehole recently but that's how a pyramid should work. There is the odd occasion a club falls from grace but that can't be helped and isn't really in the discussion either. I think if the SWL merger hadn't collapsed, it "might" be a different argument. But recent promotions to the WL from the SWL have all faired well and not struggled at all in Falmouth, Torpoint & now Brixham.