Cornwall Football Forum

Player news

59 minutes ago, Crouchy85 said:

Helston train in Saltash? That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. They're being used and abused to the hilt. No wonder they don't have any Helston based players.

Did truro train in truro last season ?

Will they train in truro this season ?

7 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Did truro train in truro last season ?

Will they train in truro this season ?

Wouldn’t it be great if Truro had an open training season once or twice at the new ground before the season starts, to meet/chat to their supporter/sponsors etc, and let them have a good look around the facilities. Not a Truro Supporter, but I think I would be tempted to an open invitation.

21 hours ago, Crouchy85 said:

Helston train in Saltash? That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. They're being used and abused to the hilt. No wonder they don't have any Helston based players.

Hardly uncommon, or new.  listened to Dave's Podcast yesterday, and Falmouth Town trained in Devonport in the 70's!

JW

25 minutes ago, Jeremy Wade said:

Hardly uncommon, or new.  listened to Dave's Podcast yesterday, and Falmouth Town trained in Devonport in the 70's!

JW

No idea where they train now, or where they plan to be in the future, but think that Truro used to train in Exeter.

1 hour ago, Ian Pethick said:

Buckland sign goalkeeper Adam Seedhouse-Evans from Buckland.

After securing striker Ryan Richards a few weeks ago, has Dan Hart added another key player for a promotion push?

Mixed news for Buckland then…..

On 06/06/2024 at 21:46, winston said:

Rumours of bray evans going back to Newquay with mconie also returning to mount wise 

😊

3 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

What ? I don’t understand that comment.

Buckland signing a player from buckland. But now edited to Bideford by mr pethick

🙈

1 hour ago, winston said:

😊

Buckland signing a player from buckland. But now edited to Bideford by mr pethick

🙈

Wasn't concentrating... 🙄

1 hour ago, rocky170267 said:

What ? I don’t understand that comment.

Fat fingers. Decent keeper though.

On 13/06/2024 at 13:33, Ian Pethick said:

Buckland sign goalkeeper Adam Seedhouse-Evans from Bideford

After securing striker Ryan Richards a few weeks ago, has Dan Hart added another key player for a promotion push?

I thought AS-E was a very promising player when he got some games at Buckland early in his career. Very happy to see him return in a more experienced guise! Some interesting ‘outgoings’ at BAFC too. 

The Western League will be incredibly strong next season and will only get stronger as the season progresses.

I can only see Falmouth, Mousehole and Helston struggling with the travel thus meaning players will want to leave (as they have all experienced already) meaning that Western Clubs who don't have to travel as far will benefit from this.

All clubs in Cornwall unless they splash the cash will be competing for the same players so the merry go round will be rife from the get go.

1 hour ago, teflon123 said:

Why was Farkins let go then?

Was in decline when Lee Hobbs made the decision to replace him. A pre season friendly defeat at Mousehole where he got ran ragged, and seemed to spend most of the match arguing with Kyle Moore, was probably the final straw. Parkway replaced him with Callum Rose, and went on to win the Southern Div 1 South and promotion that season. 

36 minutes ago, winston said:

Bridgewater in turmoil. He'll be gone by match day 1

Watched Rob Farkins play on two occasions when visiting, in my opinion not a player that win you the league title and certainly not the fair play award. 

Also read Bridgwater manager has stepped down recently, so who’s in charge now ?

From what I am reading on social media both Bridgwater and Barnstaple in turmoil. 

14 minutes ago, Leroy said:

Watched Rob Farkins play on two occasions when visiting, in my opinion not a player that win you the league title and certainly not the fair play award. 

Also read Bridgwater manager has stepped down recently, so who’s in charge now ?

From what I am reading on social media both Bridgwater and Barnstaple in turmoil. 

Both Barnstaple and Bridgwater have a high profile owner/chair who are not exactly shy about expressing opinions on playing matters. As they're funding the clubs it's their right to do this, but not a great environment for any manager to work within.

18 minutes ago, Leroy said:

Clevedon and Buckland must be favourites to fight it out for the league.

11 hours ago, Leroy said:

Bridgwater announced Nick de Long as manager 

23 minutes ago, mattelot said:

I see st Austell have announced the signings of Callum Watson and Tiegen Rosenquest this evening.Theyre obviously not in the western league to just make up the numbers.With St Blazey losing a few players,it could be an interesting season in mid cornwall.

Bit concerned another two have left Buckland, making it 8 departures and only two joining (from what I've seen anyway). Hopefully hear a few more signing on coming weeks. Surely Dan Hart has a few tricks up his sleeve? 

35 minutes ago, mattelot said:

I see st Austell have announced the signings of Callum Watson and Tiegen Rosenquest this evening.Theyre obviously not in the western league to just make up the numbers.With St Blazey losing a few players,it could be an interesting season in mid cornwall.

Max Gilbert is the 3rd player through the door tonight! What a signing for town this season could be very exciting up at poltair if the rest of the side stays 

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

Big loss to Liskeard and Darren.

Could dual-register I guess, and might Max miss a few early season games? Nevertheless, it's an interesting signing and Knighter has been busy at the Poltair club. 👍 

Tiegen played a number of games for Tavi at the end of last season and Callum also played a few. Both made the team look much better. I think many assumed that one or both would be back in red this season. Very disappointing.

Also heard some of the players that have  gone there were promising to sign for certain other clubs until an extremely generous amount of money was offered to change thier mind.  Just hope it works out for at St Austell. . 

9 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

St Austell signing a couple of central midfield players, does this mean that Jake Miller won't be at Poltair next season?

Rumours of him going to ivybridge and helston.  Another one in the  River Allen more clubs then tiger woods category. 

2 hours ago, RichieBlue said:

More Liskeard boys taking the Step 5 jump! Harry Jeffery and Harvey Mullis have joined Torpoint according to X. Are we now paying the promotion price from last season?

Probably want to play at higher level. The peninsula league is no more then Sunday league standard now.  Can’t blame them. 

19 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Probably want to play at higher level. The peninsula league is no more then Sunday league standard now.  Can’t blame them. 

Yes certainly cannot blame them for wanting to go. Worried about who will be the next one now.

5 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Yes! Flunked promotion two years in a row. Mullis and Gilbert huge losses!

It's all well and good all this we're all mates and just want to play together year after year and turning down the chance to play a higher standard. But when it doesn't pay off and you don't win anything or under achieve with your mates then sooner or later you'll get Jim Bowen in your ear saying "Have a look at what you could have won!"

Fair play to the ones where the penny has finally dropped.

5 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Very early Pre season game for St Austell last night against Tavi. Anyone there to see how the new lads got on ?  Only lost 1 nil and I know it means nothing as it’s all about fitness this early but be interested to hear any thoughts on the game.  

Iknow St austel had 7 players missing. All there key signings missing except Watson. So good signs.

This seems a complete change in direction for the club, wasn’t it all about getting good local players in. I’m not convinced this will be in the best interests of the club in the long term. Hopefully, St Blazey will stick with what they are doing and not follow suit, as they think their pitch and facilities will always attract a good group of the local players, and will continue to improve season upon season and not drop like a stone.

5 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

This seems a complete change in direction for the club, wasn’t it all about getting good local players in. I’m not convinced this will be in the best interests of the club in the long term. Hopefully, St Blazey will stick with what they are doing and not follow suit, as they think their pitch and facilities will always attract a good group of the local players, and will continue to improve season upon season and not drop like a stone.

The problem is the so called local  players only get you so far .  The higher you go you have to look elsewhere.  There not a massive amount of local players good enough anymore. .  Only have to look at Truro and see how many so called local players they think are good enough. 

7 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

The problem is the so called local  players only get you so far .  The higher you go you have to look elsewhere.  There not a massive amount of local players good enough anymore. .  Only have to look at Truro and see how many so called local players they think are good enough. 

Falmouth seemed to have made a good fist of it. Slowly and surely, with increasing crowds over a number of years. I’m confident St Blazey could to the same in their catchment area.

9 hours ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Falmouth seemed to have made a good fist of it. Slowly and surely, with increasing crowds over a number of years. I’m confident St Blazey could to the same in their catchment area.

Previous St Austell manager Mark Smith, who was promoted from their ECPL side, talked on the CS Podcast about the quality of local youngsters that he had and introducing them into the first team. Assume they have all moved on?

Curtis Damerell signing for St Austell i wonder if that means the end of Adam Carter there big mistake if it is he would be great in the Western League and hes my favourite player as well ,If Adam does leave i bet his next stop would be Plymouth Parkway again ,it could well be Liam Eddy leaving and he would be a good edition at Sticker to join the other ex St Austell players there and him and Tom Guest would be a good combination looking forward to being at Sticker Saturday week with my blind old dog Smokie .

Sad i know but im getting excited about watching Newquay vs Ivybridge this Saturday 1PM KO Be good to see Wayne Gambles fine Ivybridge team who seem very good like Waynes Previous side MT GOLD was .

So get yourselves up Newquay this Saturday to see Shauns new team with the new signings to early for JBE i expect