Cornwall Football Forum

Player news

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Curtis Damerell signing for St Austell i wonder if that means the end of Adam Carter there big mistake if it is he would be great in the Western League and hes my favourite player as well ,If Adam does leave i bet his next stop would be Plymouth Parkway again ,it could well be Liam Eddy leaving and he would be a good edition at Sticker to join the other ex St Austell players there and him and Tom Guest would be a good combination looking forward to being at Sticker Saturday week with my blind old dog Smokie .

Sad i know but im getting excited about watching Newquay vs Ivybridge this Saturday 1PM KO Be good to see Wayne Gambles fine Ivybridge team who seem very good like Waynes Previous side MT GOLD was .

So get yourselves up Newquay this Saturday to see Shauns new team with the new signings to early for JBE i expect 

Don’t think Carter enjoyed the travel with going into western league etc.  certainly won’t be at parkway. He struggled in that league and again didht want to travel.  Prob end up liskeard. 

On 04/07/2024 at 12:58, sportsman10 said:

Don’t think Carter enjoyed the travel with going into western league etc.  certainly won’t be at parkway. He struggled in that league and again didht want to travel.  Prob end up liskeard. 

Adam Carter is probably good for 30 plus goals a season in the SWPL, which is a sad indictment of the quality of the league.

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Or he’s always in good sides that create a lot of openings!

I like to think it’s a good thing that so many players get the opportunity to play a higher level then they would have played if they were born 10,20 years earlier , that being said you’ll see a lot more players play deep in to there 30’s because technically there still the best out there 

13 minutes ago, The truth said:

I like to think it’s a good thing that so many players get the opportunity to play a higher level then they would have played if they were born 10,20 years earlier , that being said you’ll see a lot more players play deep in to there 30’s because technically there still the best out there 

Players fitness, diets and preparations are way beyond what you used to see at this level as well. Every team has proper warm up and warm down routines, not just blowing into their hands and a couple of short sprints. Most teams (even in the Western League) used to have one or two in their side who were carrying a bit of weight and didn't really run (not going to name them, but they were still really good footballers) and might have been partial to the odd cigarette. You just don't see them anymore.

8 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Or he’s always in good sides that create a lot of openings!

This might be the case but you still have to take these chances personally there hasn’t been a better striker in local football in the last 20 years at putting his chances away 

On 06/07/2024 at 19:07, beacon said:

This might be the case but you still have to take these chances personally there hasn’t been a better striker in local football in the last 20 years at putting his chances away 

Adam Carter has been a great striker over the last 20 years or so, he seemed impossible to mark when he played for Darren Gilbert's all powerful Bodmin side.

I would mention Ryan Richards though. Prolific striker, and scored a bigger range of goals than Carter. Richards can score from distance, and is also a big threat running in behind. Neither of which are strengths of Adam Carter.

9 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Adam Carter has been a great striker over the last 20 years or so, he seemed impossible to mark when he played for Darren Gilbert's all powerful Bodmin side.

I would mention Ryan Richards though. Prolific striker, and scored a bigger range of goals than Carter. Richards can score from distance, and is also a big threat running in behind. Neither of which are strengths of Adam Carter.

Never been keen on teams relying on one prolific striker for success, I’d rather have a team of 5/6 players who could hit double figures in a regular season, as your star striker could get injured, suspended, go out of form, plus opposition teams often have a successful plan to cancel them out. Fundamentally, a successful striker needs a good attacking team around them. Ryan Richards, as well as other good strikers needed it last season.

1 hour ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Never been keen on teams relying on one prolific striker for success, I’d rather have a team of 5/6 players who could hit double figures in a regular season, as your star striker could get injured, suspended, go out of form, plus opposition teams often have a successful plan to cancel them out. Fundamentally, a successful striker needs a good attacking team around them. Ryan Richards, as well as other good strikers needed it last season.

Would love to see the stats of how many points Torpoint gained last season when Ryan Richards played, against how many when he didn't. Big difference I would think.

47 minutes ago, Buckland Jim said:

I can start to ease off the panicking, Buckland sign another two (Rafa Beadman from Exeter City and Frankie Jones a serving Royal Marine). Still need a few more signings in my eyes but at least the squad is taking shape. 

Do you think promotion is the minimum expectation for Dan Hart this season?

23 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Would love to see the stats of how many points Torpoint gained last season when Ryan Richards played, against how many when he didn't. Big difference I would think.

Nice club ,nice people.

9 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

Yes, think that has to be the aim this season. Be interesting to see what happens if the club have a faltering start again. 

On 07/07/2024 at 19:57, Ian Pethick said:

Richard’s’ all round game superior to Carter’s. His game is about more than his prolific strike rate!

On 08/07/2024 at 07:02, Ian Pethick said:

... and nice ground. Think the whole "nice" thing gets up the noses of the Buckland fans.

It does. Be good to be nice and **winners** rather than be bypassed by other ambitious clubs in Cornwall & Devon. I’d prefer you to enjoy the clubhouse once you’ve been beaten at Homers Heath!

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Saltash Tim said:

Are the wheels falling off at Helston. Dave Barker has re-signed for saltash

Is it dual registration ?  as I see a Jordan Bentley playing for St.Austell last Saturday.

Its F A Cup on Saturday which should show which players  are committing  their allegiance to their first choice club.