In West:
Millbrook back from WLP (Step 5)
St Day promoted from St Piran
Sticker reprieved on PPG
Mullion requested Voluntary relegation

In Premier East 2024/25
FA refused on Ground Grading - @EUAFC @AppledoreFC_ & @BeerAlbionFC 
They didn't give @DartmouthAFC a reprieve on PPG
We do welcome @middlezoyrovers on a lateral transfer from Western Lge Div One.

Feel really sorry for Middlezoy they have made great strides on and off the pitch the last few year and done it the right way. That is basically a relegation for them. 

Should the Penninsula be looking at going back to 1 division, if they are having to take a team from central Somerset to make up the numbers? And even then the league is only 16 teams.

2 hours ago, SomersetObserver said:

Feel really sorry for Middlezoy they have made great strides on and off the pitch the last few year and done it the right way. That is basically a relegation for them. 

Should the Penninsula be looking at going back to 1 division, if they are having to take a team from central Somerset to make up the numbers? And even then the league is only 16 teams.

Surely the more logical solution would've been to allow Middlezoy to stay where they were, then transfer Holsworthy into the Eastern division and run with two divisions of 16?

1 hour ago, tfenlon said:

Surely the more logical solution would've been to allow Middlezoy to stay where they were, then transfer Holsworthy into the Eastern division and run with two divisions of 16?

That takes to much common sense!,...... Appledore refused promotion because pitch to short, they can alter it, but couldn't be done while still playing, so missed the march deadline, surely the fa can see it can only be done off season, makes you wonder who these fa folks are

3 hours ago, tfenlon said:

On that front, Middlezoy have tweeted they're appealing what they refer to as 'this crock of sh**e'. Good on them

Edited by tfenlon

15 hours ago, tfenlon said:

On that front, Middlezoy have tweeted they're appealing what they refer to as 'this crock of sh**e'. Good on them

The Western League Div1 already has 22 clubs, so I can't see an appeal succeeding.   They're not far from Bishops Lydeard, which at least gives them a local derby.  The real madness is forming up a league with an odd number of teams, as one club always misses out on the lucrative Xmas and Easter fixtures.

22 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

FA announce allocations for 24/25
In West:
Millbrook back from WLP (Step 5)
St Day promoted from St Piran
Sticker reprieved on PPG
Mullion requested Voluntary relegation

In Premier East 2024/25
FA refused on Ground Grading - @EUAFC @AppledoreFC_ & @BeerAlbionFC 
They didn't give @DartmouthAFC a reprieve on PPG
We do welcome @middlezoyrovers on a lateral transfer from Western Lge Div One.

Am I reading the above correctly, Exeter University, Appledore and Beer have failed ground grading and neither of them will be promoted from the Devon League ? 

13 minutes ago, hedgerow said:

Am I reading the above correctly, Exeter University, Appledore and Beer have failed ground grading and neither of them will be promoted from the Devon League ? 

Correct. Believe Appledore failed due to pitch being 3ft too short for step 6. This is being rectified now season is over but too late to satisfy the ground graders. 

7 minutes ago, Buckland Jim said:

Correct. Believe Appledore failed due to pitch being 3ft too short for step 6. This is being rectified now season is over but too late to satisfy the ground graders. 

Crazy! You'd be forgiven for thinking the inbox was overflowing with applicants.

26 minutes ago, Buckland Jim said:

I guess it depends on what is involved in increasing the length. Is it a big project moving solid railings, concrete path, a soil bank etc? Or, more straightforward and just moving goal posts? The later could perhaps have been expedited if it meant the difference between passing a ground grading or not?

On 17/05/2024 at 16:01, SomersetObserver said:

Their tweeted response and dig at SWPL AGM being held in Lanson pretty unimpressive and lacking any class! Give me Uni of Exeter and/or Dartmouth in SWPL East - the sensible option, but then this is the FA we are talking about!

3 hours ago, John Mead said:

And Exeter Uni failed because they have no Pay Box or Turnstile!

It seems preposterous that a ground which hosted over 800 spectators a few weeks ago and will host Women's football at the 3rd highest level in the country is deemed not up to standard for hosting the 10th level of men's football.

26 minutes ago, SomersetObserver said:

It seems preposterous that a ground which hosted over 800 spectators a few weeks ago and will host Women's football at the 3rd highest level in the country is deemed not up to standard for hosting the 10th level of men's football.

On the face of it, yes. But these are pretty straightforward things to put in place I would have thought. Sounds to me more like a **** up/oversight by Exeter Uni. Surely they would have read the ground grading requirements and produced a to do list?

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/05/2024 at 13:50, justanopinion said:

I guess it depends on what is involved in increasing the length. Is it a big project moving solid railings, concrete path, a soil bank etc? Or, more straightforward and just moving goal posts? The later could perhaps have been expedited if it meant the difference between passing a ground grading or not?

I believe (but I'm not 100%) that the goalposts or at least their bases, were concreted in.