Toolstation Awards 2024

Awards at the league dinner (Premier)

Prem winners Helston Athletic 

Runners Up Falmouth Town

Hospitality award - Shepton Mallet

Most sporting team - Saltash United 

Best Premier Programme - Buckland Athletic 

Top Premier scorer - Jared Lewington Buckland

A lovely end to the season - and totally unexpected win for Ashes- as the colleagues from Bristol Telephones and Brislington on my table heard my initial  response which could have been the only red card of the Western league season 😀 

Shame to see so many clubs not represented at all or just one representative of a club. 

A point raised during one speech that was well applauded by the ones present. 

Good evening actually. 

14 minutes ago, Paul said:

Shame to see so many clubs not represented at all or just one representative of a club. 

Good evening actually. 

Shame it was arranged on the same night as the Falmouth Town annual awards night at the Falmouth Hotel.That was a great evening actually.

21 minutes ago, Paul said:

Good evening actually. 

Same night as the Buckland in-house presentation evening, believe the club still sent someone along though judging by social media posts. 

13 hours ago, Paul said:

Good evening actually. 

That's Brian the President. Lovely chap, was involved with his beloved Chard Town for donkeys. A real fountain of knowledge and history on the Western League. Reminds me of Tristan Scott in a lot of ways. 

What a fantastic night Nige!! I might be a bit biased but not sure many non league clubs could pull off a do like that one! Remember them being brilliant nights back in mine and Tommys Falmouth days but think Westy has taken it up a level again! Lovely setting and makes it all the better after a great season! What an honour to be on a legends table with those old players! Went to a Lisbon Lions Celtic do with the bro in law at Parkhead about 10 years ago and it reminded me of that night! Hard to imagine just how good they were back in the day and all great gents with a bit of class and modesty about them still. Brilliant night 🧡🖤🏆

It would be interesting to get everyones thoughts on their own awards? Best 11 of the season but probably only from the Devon/Cornwall sides:

Keeper - Moore (Helston)

Defence - Barker (Helston), A.Bently (Helston), Ward (Falmouth), Laird (Barnstaple)

Midfield - Andrew (Barnstaple), Copp (Helston), Carter (Buckland)

Forwards - Lewington (Buckland), Shepherd (Helston), Massey (Barnstaple/Falmouth)

Manager - Westgarth (Falmouth)

I found the manager pick the hardest, I think we are lucky with some great managers and coaches here. Westgarth has done it across all the competitions but Cusack did that last year. Porter at Brixham has done brilliantly this season and needed no time to settle, they'll be looking at the playoffs next season. Brown at Saltsh has done brilliantly considering everyone pencilled them in for a relegation scrap at Christmas. Cardew has improved at Torpoint despite losing Damerrel. The Blazey pair basically had to get a new squad and that will be the same for St Austell coming up. Washburn at Millbrook has done brilliantly to motivate his group to keep going, not blessed with the quality but managed to attact a coupld when others would struggle. Every says what a coach Hart is at Buckland, they have to be pushing for the league next year with their quality and if the rumours are true he has more coming in.

I for one am loving this league. I still get drawn to the swpl for games but it's brilliant to see so many of our teams do well. I hope Liskeard can get there soon!

• 2 weeks later...