Cornwall Football Forum

FALMOUTH TOWN A TRIBUTE TO THE 70's GOLDEN YEARS BY WILL HEDGECOCK

31 minutes ago, Devils@Dusk said:

I've just got a brilliant idea. Why don't the Admin just give Falmouth their own mini forum (like the one dedicated to the memory of Older)... 🙄

I've got an even better idea.....If you read the headline and it's of no interest to you just scroll past and ignore. Works for me.

Fantastic work 👏🏼👍️. Was an honour to be sat at the same table as those legends on Saturday night and you could see they were quite emotional watching it. What a lovely recognition of all their brilliant achievements and unmatched accomplishments back in that era. Tommy, Jenks, Deacs and I had a great laugh with them, they are still as sharp now as they were on the pitch back then!! 👏🏼🧡🖤

20 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

A golden, never to be repeated, era (before it all went pop in the early eighties, heard that's a story in itself).

All the talk at the moment is of Falmouth Town achieving step 4 football for the first time in their history. Technically, that's not true, pre the Alliance Premier Conference league being formed in 1979, the Western League Premier was actually step 3 in today's money. The Southern League was the pinnacle of non league football at the time (alongside the Northern and Isthmian Prem),  Southern Div 1, then Western Prem.