Cornwall Football Forum

Any truth in the rumour heard by my friend in deepest Cornwall today that Mousehole are pulling out of Southern League ahead of 24/25 season ? Be a really shame if true. 

If they are, they'd better be quick as otherwise they won't have a league to play in. It's the Peninsula League AGM tomorrow & Western League on Wednesday when the constitutions are formally agreed. Would only leave them the St. Pirans League then. 

17 hours ago, Leroy said:

Any truth in the rumour heard by my friend in deepest Cornwall today that Mousehole are pulling out of Southern League ahead of 24/25 season ? Be a really shame if true. 

Why ? Unless the money run out ?  

30 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

I’m finding it hard to believe that Mousehole are pulling out of the Southern League, but surprisingly, no one has come on here and quashed the rumour put on here 3 days ago 🤔

I think at the last moment there might have been a u-turn! 👍

17 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I think at the last moment there might have been a u-turn! 👍

Very bizarre, as they nearly gained promotion last year, and from the outside everything on and off the pitch seemed to be moving in the right direction, and they were definitely on an upward curve. If the rumours are sort of true, even to have such a discussion demonstrates a worrying vulnerability without the club. I hope they don’t pull out, as they play an attractive style of football.

40 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Very bizarre, as they nearly gained promotion last year, and from the outside everything on and off the pitch seemed to be moving in the right direction, and they were definitely on an upward curve. If the rumours are sort of true, even to have such a discussion demonstrates a worrying vulnerability without the club. I hope they don’t pull out, as they play an attractive style of football.

Helston and Falmouth must be following this story with interest. Wonder if discrete conversations with any Mousehole players have taken place?

5 hours ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

I’m finding it hard to believe that Mousehole are pulling out of the Southern League, but surprisingly, no one has come on here and quashed the rumour put on here 3 days ago 🤔

That's cos we aint rising to the bait😊

• 3 weeks later...

The Club's existing coaching staff are all re-confirmed for the 2024/2025 season.

As has already been announced, after 8 seasons of "way beyond the call of duty" work by Andrew Large he retired as Club Secretary at the end of last season and has been replaced by Dan Tasker - already a stalwart Club servant. 

If there were to be any further changes amongst the Club's senior Committee posts then they would be formally confirmed at the Club's AGM which takes place in two weeks time.  

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Gary Hocking said:

From the official Mousehole Twitter account this evening: 

“NEW MAN AT THE HELM 🙌

At Monday evening's AGM, a new Chairman was unanimously voted in as William Jacka replaced Deryk Heywood after 6 fantastic years.

A full article will follow on the website in due course.” 

Will Deryk still be involved with the club?

Thank you very much Charlie and Kevin, the club are preparing an official statement to come out ASAP so dont want to comment on that, but it is a great honor and privilege  to be elected as Chair of our fantastic club, I have some very big shoes to fill as Deryk has done a tremendous amount of hard work in the last six years and has more than earned his rest he will still be about I hope.

regards

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

Pretty quiet on the player front down at Mousehole, any comings and goings to report?

Not quiet on the postponement front however, reading Twitter think their visitors today are pretty well hacked off. 

10 hours ago, Leroy said:

Not quiet on the postponement front however, reading Twitter think their visitors today are pretty well hacked off. 

3rd week in July, and a several pre season friendlies called off due to weather conditions and waterlogged pitches.

Brings on a sense of trepidation about what's to come for season 2024/25.

14 hours ago, Leroy said:

Team bonding in Newquay instead,the pubs probably were the winner there then.

Strange that 2 big games Newquay had lined up St Blazey and Bournemouth Poppies both cancelled there matches vs Newquay but what a replacement Falmouth Town is getting exciting about that match on Tuesday night  at 7 45pm already should be a great game and the Bournemouth Poppies game is now illogan really good of both teams to step in .I suppose  Blazey pulled out because they didnt want to get beaten again they have had a poor pre season ,its a pity they wont be playing each other the season after this because i think both teams will be changin places .

• 2 weeks later...

St Blazey called the game off vs Newquay now Honiton have called the game off for this weekend so no game at the moment this weekend how about Falmouth reserves i saw they had been let down for Friday night how about packing your buckets and spades and come to Newquay for a game this Saturday