Cornwall Football Forum

Latest transfer rumours

I said there will be 2 big transfers  1 from St Austell Harry Ashton back at Newquay as Goalkeeper coach great to have him back just need Hayden Turner or JBE to come back ans what a side they will have then 

Also  Rumour has it a Wadebridge legend is leaving to go to Falmouth he will take some replacing been there a long time but a hell of a player and great bloke Dont want to name him but i expect you all know who he is anyway heard hes got a safe pair of hands 

Really quiet on the transfer front so far.

From what I have seen and read it’s only really Newquay that are doing early business. 

Are clubs keeping prospective transfers close to their chests to rule out other clubs sneaking in with a last minute offer or is it just that players are remaining loyal to the club they played with last season.

Another great signing by Newquay Jamie Edlin Truro captain from there reserve side that will be 2 Edlins in the Newquay defence Callum and Jamie dont know if they are related but would think so .Just need a striker now to play alongside Louis Price if he stays 

1 hour ago, Thomas mcabe said:

Are clubs keeping prospective transfers close to their chests to rule out other clubs sneaking in with a last minute offer or is it just that players are remaining loyal to the club they played with last season.

Our understanding is that transfers are not officially registered until next month and so all the news of new signings for a club are open to change if a players circumstances change.

On an entirely different subject St Dennis have stated on their X account that their manager has stepped down along with three others involved with the team.
Such a shame for a small club that appears to have had several problems to deal with of late.

Think you might be getting that striker at Mount Wise soon Steve!! 🤔😉👍️. Some great signings by Middsy already, few more to come yet too I’ve heard on the old jungle drums! 😄👍 Could be a great season on and off the pitch for the club next season 👏🏼👍

11 hours ago, The Town Man said:

Newquay and Liskeard the next two teams to look at Western League maybe. A Western League with those two teams and Wadebridge would look about right given the history of the clubs. Wendron and Dobwalls as the new noisy neighbours may disagree though!

Hope it's not another case of Liskeard being most people's early tips for the title, only to get pipped again (Newquay already seem to be taking up the "party pooper" mantle for the next campaign).

I have heard of 3 strikers which are talked about coming to Newquay cant see any of them coming really 1 has a injury and needs a op the other 2 1 why would he wont to leave a club when hes leading goalscorer year after year and has got the Golden boot for his club again and finally why would he leave his when hes been top goalscorer again and theres rumour hes going to be replaced by a player who seems to be injured all the time . Still hearin rumours about Newquay could be losing 2 of there best players 1 to St Austell 1 to Falmouth but i hope not Newquay is ticking along nicely with some brilliant signings 

3 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

Hope it's not another case of Liskeard being most people's early tips for the title, only to get pipped again (Newquay already seem to be taking up the "party pooper" mantle for the next campaign).

Liskeard, a squad always blessed with a number great individuals, but in my opinion lack experience and leadership in the centre of the park. Scoring goals never seems to be problem, but they need an experienced old head in the team to guide them through difficult games, resulting in 1-0/2–1 wins. Not sure they need another striker.

41 minutes ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Liskeard, a squad always blessed with a number great individuals, but in my opinion lack experience and leadership in the centre of the park. Scoring goals never seems to be problem, but they need an experienced old head in the team to guide them through difficult games, resulting in 1-0/2–1 wins. Not sure they need another striker.

Dare I say it, but if they were unable to commit to step 5 football with St Austell next season, Olly Brokenshire and Neil Slateford would suit Liskeard very nicely.

17 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Dare I say it, but if they were unable to commit to step 5 football with St Austell next season, Olly Brokenshire and Neil Slateford would suit Liskeard very nicely.

And then Liskeard win the title, Neil and Olly's 3rd consecutive SWL title, and then they leave said title winning club again? Not sustainable and what I'd be aiming for personally. 

27 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Sticker bound ?

Looks like JBE back to Newquay will be confirmed today. Another fantastic piece of business from the team. Reading Jack's statement this morning, it was refreshing to see a player speak about their ambitions but also the "bigger picture" when it came to family, travelling etc. Go well this season mate.

32 minutes ago, Luke Gibbons said:

Looks like JBE back to Newquay will be confirmed today. Another fantastic piece of business from the team. Reading Jack's statement this morning, it was refreshing to see a player speak about their ambitions but also the "bigger picture" when it came to family, travelling etc. Go well this season mate.

Fantastic signing by Newquay, 100% Cornish will be very excited about this. Seemed like he was struggling for fitness and constantly injured during his time at Parkway, so he never really had a chance to show his worth at step 3.

JBE back at Newquay that would be great but would he be the same player like he was before i heard hes injured at the moment and has got to have a op which will keep him out for a while but what a signing but lets wait and see if its true when Jack says yes im back .

If its true that Ollie and Neil are goin to Sticker what a coup that would be they will work wonders there 2 brilliant players and the nicest people you will ever meet,You cant blame them for not wanting to go to a higher league with St Austell they didnt want to go up with Blazey ,they both have young families and of course they would want to spend more time with there families than stuck on a bus for hours on end going to some place miles away .Well done lads players are putting there families first instead of the money they would earn playing in a higher league .

St Austell will find it hard to replace Ollie and Neil they never seem to have a bad game i voted for Ollie for player of the season in the Podcast and on St Austell Website since hes playing in defence hes been brilliant .

Hope its true both players are going to Sticker they would help the youngsters out and Sticker is a lovely club with lovely people there the team has been going through a slump and if they get these 2 on board they would transform them .

One last thing i see Toby Chapman is going to another club Toby is 1 of the nicest people around he has always come over for a chat with me have followed Toby since Godolphin days he has had awful abuse in the past i remember the abuse he had at Wadebridge ground once ,hes a good bloke hell of a good goalie so i hope the idiots that shouted things at him in the past lay off him .

Ok thats it still excited about JBE comin back to Newquay but it will be  a while before hes wearing the red and white of Newquay but what a signing im 67 and getting excited about the new season could be Newquays year to get some silverwear but i think you got to make Liskeard Favourites again they just got a hell of a side but i think Max Gilbert will go and i reckon it could be Falmouth or St Austell hes the only player i can see to replace Neil in midfield if he leaves St Austell very similair players both brilliant . 

Ok see you all in Pre Season hoping Newquay announces some decent friendlies 

Edited by 100%cornish
got wrong players name

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

JBE back at Newquay that would be great but would he be the same player like he was before i heard hes injured at the moment and has got to have a op which will keep him out for a while but what a signing but lets wait and see if its true when Jack says yes im back .

If its true that Ollie and Neil are goin to Sticker what a coup that would be they will work wonders there 2 brilliant players and the nicest people you will ever meet,You cant blame them for not wanting to go to a higher league with St Austell they didnt want to go up with Blazey ,they both have young families and of course they would want to spend more time with there families than stuck on a bus for hours on end going to some place miles away .Well done lads players are putting there families first instead of the money they would earn playing in a higher league .

St Austell will find it hard to replace Ollie and Neil they never seem to have a bad game i voted for Ollie for player of the season in the Podcast and on St Austell Website since hes playing in defence hes been brilliant .

Hope its true both players are going to Sticker they would help the youngsters out and Sticker is a lovely club with lovely people there the team has been going through a slump and if they get these 2 on board they would transform them .

One last thing i see Toby Chapman is going to another club Toby is 1 of the nicest people around he has always come over for a chat with me have followed Toby since Godolphin days he has had awful abuse in the past i remember the abuse he had at Wadebridge ground once ,hes a good bloke hell of a good goalie so i hope the idiots that shouted things at him in the past lay off him .

Ok thats it still excited about JBE comin back to Newquay but it will be  a while before hes wearing the red and white of Newquay but what a signing im 67 and getting excited about the new season could be Newquays year to get some silverwear but i think you got to make Liskeard Favourites again they just got a hell of a side but i think Max Gilbert will go and i reckon it could be Falmouth or St Austell hes the only player i can see to replace Neil in midfield if he leaves St Austell very similair players both brilliant . 

Ok see you all in Pre Season hoping Newquay announces some decent friendlies 

max is going no where mate as of most of the squad at liskeard which is staying as like most years all good mates and loyal to the club just wanting to play together️ go again for another go at it💙

12 minutes ago, The Turk said:

max is going no where mate as of most of the squad at liskeard which is staying as like most years all good mates and loyal to the club just wanting to play together️ go again for another go at it💙

If most of the squad are staying, surely promotion is a must for Liskeard next season. 

34 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Reuben Kane going to Tavistock, Charlie young to Penzance, Smith moving on I believe but not heard of any others leaving Liskeard.

Charlie Young is a decent signing for Penzance. Exactly the sort of player that they need around their promising local youngsters.

Liskeard generally don't have a high turnover of players, every summer people think that they will lose several to step 4 and 5 clubs. Hasn't happened yet.

17 hours ago, The Governor said:

Reuben Kane going to Tavistock, Charlie young to Penzance, Smith moving on I believe but not heard of any others leaving Liskeard.

Unsure on the strength of rumour but heard Jennings and Woods could both be on their way as well.

Possibility of Lorenz coming back in but it's a big job for him to fill the boots of the whole front line.

22 hours ago, The Governor said:

Penzance made a good signing in Charlie Young. The exact kind of player they need with their talented local youth. 

On 13/06/2024 at 12:42, The Turk said:

Are you sure about that ? 😆

Any truth in the rumours that Ben Collins and Dylan Peel will be stepping down to play at Pensilva to win silverware with their mates?

Also heard that Callington have made about 10 new signings but seen nothing from their official channels yet. No idea where that leaves their existing playing squad, thought the change in management last season was supposed to sort their usual issues with a high turnover of players?

Max going no where well hasnt he signed for St Austell as well as Callum Watson and Teigan Rosenquest all brilliant signings but what about the lads already , in midfield like Martin Duff who was brilliant last season even Slates position must be under threat with all those midfield players signed .Think i will be taking a few trips over to St Austell this season they have a very good side there not so sure about the goalie think they will miss Harry .

Heard severel players leaving Liskeard as well ,i think its just as well give Newquay the league championship trophy now with the players they have got there now have heard Jacob Grange has gone there as well hes a great player didnt think he would leave Falmouth .

Heard Wadebridge have lost there goalie to Falmouth hes been Loyal to Wadebridge for years and Rob Rosevear has been the best goalie in the league for years Brilliant signing if its true , Heard Morgan Coxhead or Ryan Barnes could be the new Wadebridge goalie Wadebridge made 3 good signings in Bishop , Savigar and Billy Hopcroft 

Great that Aaron Dilley is back at Newquay brilliant footballer and a really good person dont know where he will  play though strong in Midfield already maybe play as a sweeper behind Matt and Harry , he could play like Ollie Brokenshire at St Austell who has gone from Midfield to defence and hes been brilliant clearing up behind the defenders .

1st game at Newquay Saturday week vs Ivybridge or should that be Mt Gould looks like mostly all there players and they was some side should be a good test for Newquay 1pm ko then they got Elburton who have some top players in Sam Hughes . Lewis Edwards and i see the 2 Landricombes play for them Levi and Mike , then they got St Blazey who seem to be losing lots of players dont know how they can replace Luke Clokes goals since he has left maybe they have got someone equally good taking his place or it could be Paul Bowden playing this year