Cornwall Football Forum

Latest transfer rumours

21 hours ago, Dom Baxter said:

Also heard that Callington have made about 10 new signings but seen nothing from their official channels yet. No idea where that leaves their existing playing squad, thought the change in management last season was supposed to sort their usual issues with a high turnover of players?

At the expense of St Dominick I imagine. With StD gaffers moving to Calli to work with Southy, it was inevitable some lads at StD would follow, most of whom are more than good enough. Ryall, Barrett etc. And most would’ve been dual registered between the two clubs last season anyway. Just a change in priority of who they play for. 

What is happening at Liskeard?!?!?!?! Max was a huge loss over the weekend but today Harvey M and Harry J have both left and joined Torpoint. I doubt it's under dual registration. Hopefully Darren has some players coming in!

I was looking back on the comments on here and saw Your having a laughs comments about Liskeard when he said Max is going no where as are most of the players which have now gone to other clubs for the money .

Newquay have been signing so many players but hope this doesnt mean some will be leavin i was looking at there midfield you got Cam Turner , Ross Fallens, Josh Evans now add Jacob Grange , Aaron Dilley and more just as well give Newquay the league now i think they will go the whole season in the league  unbeaten just hope Cam and Ross are not going anywhere 

1 hour ago, The Governor said:

Don't count your chickens 100% cornish. There may be a few dark horses in the race?

Who ?  Newquay have built a western league team.   There will be some very embarrassing score lines next season unfortunately 

Cant see any dark Horses would of said Liskeard would of given Newquay a good run but not now with half there team going else where shame really because Liskeard have had the same players year after year . 

Think 2 teams will give Newquay a run for there money Wadebridge and Wendron the rest will be chasing Newquays Shadow Wadebridge will only be chasing Newquay if there brilliant goalie is still there and not gone to Falmouth like some people have said others have said Rob is staying at Wadebridge but we will see Money talks these days but i dont think Robs head will be turned by  big bucks Rob comes across as a loyal person and hes a nice bloke always time for a chat and Wadebridge wouldnt be the same without him between the sticks 

Yes Penzance may do ok under new manager Mark Vercesi and Charlie Young now in there attack but his move to Liskeard didnt go to well he should of stayed at Wendron where he couldnt stop scoring it will be interesting but Penzance did inmpress me last season but they will miss there manager but some great players there in Tonkin but Charlie Willis is my favourite if he is still there 

Good players will always be an asset to any team sport and the expectations of supporters will always be enhanced if those players sign for the team they support.
However expectations are one thing, but much of the delivery of those expectations are down to the blending of a group of players to play as a team and not to use the talent they may have in an individual manner.
The blending of a team is obviously down to managerial skills and so teams whose managers are able to decide on good tactics against the opposition will always be a thorn in the side of a supposedly better side.
The current European Championship is a prime example of what can happen to expected results if you do your homework.
The moral of the story is, don't assume that a group of good players will win trophies, they will need to be a good blend of team players.
To clarify the above comment, it's intended as an observation and not aimed at any particular team or individual.

1 hour ago, We Two said:

Good players will always be an asset to any team sport and the expectations of supporters will always be enhanced if those players sign for the team they support.
However expectations are one thing, but much of the delivery of those expectations are down to the blending of a group of players to play as a team and not to use the talent they may have in an individual manner.
The blending of a team is obviously down to managerial skills and so teams whose managers are able to decide on good tactics against the opposition will always be a thorn in the side of a supposedly better side.
The current European Championship is a prime example of what can happen to expected results if you do your homework.
The moral of the story is, don't assume that a group of good players will win trophies, they will need to be a good blend of team players.
To clarify the above comment, it's intended as an observation and not aimed at any particular team or individual.

Just an observation, but that sounds like it was written for a certain club who failed to get promotion this year.

On 30/06/2024 at 12:38, Tamar.man said:

Callington will surprise many this year, they are a very well run club now, getting very good attendance figures, some St dom players joining, all local lads, no one is paid, I feel both their sides swpl and St piran will have a  very good season, 

No one is paid?????

I was looking at the friendly fixtures and i noticed St Austell are playin at Sticker on the 20th July and i thought i would look at that, looked to see if Sticker had signed anyone and they have real quality as well players like Rio Ward , Tom Guest , Connor Wharton ,Kieran Powell HarVey Hann Jack Chafer , Fin NanCarrow .

Mostly from St Austell but really good players cant see Sticker struggling this season with that quality of signings Looking forward to bein there at BURNULLOW on the 20th should be a good game.

First friendly this weekend when the Champions Ivybridge play Newquay at Mt Wise 1pm should be a cracker ,Ivybridge got some really good players well most of them played for that very good Mt Gold side .

So get yourself to Mt Wise for a good footy game and tell the Holidaymakers to come along because its certainly not beach weather 

Dont know where i got 20th from got 13th On St Austell site as well have to see who Newquay are playin that day no one so i can nip over to Sticker on the Saturday afternoon . 

will be able to watch the Elburton match at Mt Wise on the Friday night and they go some great players as well in Sam Hughes and Lewis Edwards ,Danny Lewis and many more 

1 hour ago, Buggzy said:

liskeard confirming matt andrew from barnstaple replacing the outgoing max gilbert, any more through the door at lux park. quality signing for the blues?

I was told not many turned up for their first training session?

3 hours ago, Buggzy said:

liskeard confirming matt andrew from barnstaple replacing the outgoing max gilbert, any more through the door at lux park. quality signing for the blues?

Great player.  That way below where he should be playing.  Young family so maybe doesn’t Want the travel anymore 

1 hour ago, The Turk said:

settle down dj is still at liskeard👍🏻

Are you sure about that? Your info in the past has not been the most reliable. Lol.

max is going no where mate as of most of the squad at liskeard which is staying as like most years all good mates and loyal to the club just wanting to play together️ go again for another go at it💙

3 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

When hes fit hes  1 of the best around brilliant player so this must mean that Dan Jennings or Mike Smith have left i did here Dan Jennings had gone to BODMIN his home club big asset if he has gone there 

Mike Smith retired? Dan Jennings Form in or Wadebridge?

On 23/06/2024 at 20:36, Bigcornwall said:

ny signings for the bottom few clubs they are definitely gonna need to strengthen. Likes of sticker Bodmin etc with Dennis folding  these clubs will need to sign otherwise could be a long season 

Nothing on the Bodmin site but it appears that Sticker have signed 7 with more potentially on the way.

Wadebridge would of given Newquay a good run if Jaffa Rowe had stayed and not gone to St Blazey who have made some really impressive signings would never of thought Charlie Hambly would of left Camelford hell of a good player but he had been there so long also Brooklyn Williams , Jaffa Rowe but the  1 that impresses me most is Scott Crocker from Plymouth Argyle also signed Noah Maund and Dan O, Hara think Blazey will do better than last season with proven goal scorer Jaffa Rowe there now .

Someone on here said Max Gilbert was going nowhere but hes one also it was said the team was staying at Liskeard havnt half the team left now so we will see when the season starts if Dan is there or not my betting he wont be but in a Wadebride or Bodmin shirt 

• 2 weeks later...

Bodmin seem to be ticking away in the background. I am suprised that Jennings did not go back but glad he's stayed with Lisekard. I heard Bodmin were very competitive against Ivybridge who were everyones dark horses in the Western League so that has to be a positive. Dare I say, finally a little stability at Bodmin?