Cornwall Football Forum

KAI CORNISH HEADS TO BICKLAND PARK

I dont understand why all the Helston players are leaving.have they been told they aren't good enough for Helston at that level and that they're being replaced with players from further afield?are they leaving on their own accord or being released?Is there any loyalty in football down here at all?

On 19/06/2024 at 12:10, The Town Man said:

Is he joining the Newquay All-Stars for next season?  If so, it could be an epic tussle with Liskeard for that solitary promotion spot.

At the moment, doesn't look like Liskeard will be putting up much fight, as they are losing players to higher league teams, due to not going up this season.

JW

A big welcome to Kai Cornish to Falmouth Town. He will love playing at Bickland Park. Kai fits Westys player profile perfectly being a local lad, very talented and at 23 is a  great age. 

I read a comment regarding Helstons players leaving.... think about it, last year all bar 2 of their players plus their manager travelled down from Plymouth. Why travel all that way down to play for Helston in front of 1 man and his dog when there are bigger clubs like Saltash Utd & Torpoint Athletic sat right on their doorstep. 

3 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

A big welcome to Kai Cornish to Falmouth Town. He will love playing at Bickland Park. Kai fits Westys player profile perfectly being a local lad, very talented and at 23 is a  great age. 

I read a comment regarding Helstons players leaving.... think about it, last year all bar 2 of their players plus their manager travelled down from Plymouth. Why travel all that way down to play for Helston in front of 1 man and his dog when there are bigger clubs like Saltash Utd & Torpoint Athletic sat right on their doorstep. 

1)Money

2)A higher level

3 Crowds at Saltash and Torpoint not that much bigger

However....for ease and convenience I would understand these moves.

Would also be interested to see who Helston sign.....maybe some of the players who have moved on wouldn't have got much playing time(although doubtful with Damerell and Shepherd)

A good move for Cornish...if he plays regularly...decent standard and a good place to play your football