Cornwall Football Forum

CONIFA World Cup 2024

With all this EUROS 2024 football going on, it made me wonder as to what the latest position is with regards to the CONIFA World Cup originally planned for this summer - I’ve found this online ….

Kurdistan Region - Iraq 2024

ConIFA have announced that the 2024 CONIFA World Cup hosting rights have been awarded to Kurdistan FA on their official twitter account on 9 May 2023.

On 30 April 2024 the Kurdistan Football Association announced that the tournament would be postponed until "Summer 2025" citing security concerns preventing some teams from traveling to the region.

On 23/06/2024 at 08:39, Dave Deacon said:

Yeah, think they need to choose a less volatile area don't you!

Yes, my minimum expectation for a foreign football destination is to not see Jeremy Bowen doing nightly news reports while wearing a helmet, body armour and flinching every time he hears a bang. Mind you, that could describe the area around Tottenham Hotspur's ground... 😀

4 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

Yes, my minimum expectation for a foreign football destination is to not see Jeremy Bowen doing nightly news reports while wearing a helmet, body armour and flinching every time he hears a bang. Mind you, that could describe the area around Tottenham Hotspur's ground... 😀

Here, that's enough of that!

🤨 :SM_carton_y: