Cornwall Football Forum

Torpoint 1sts friendly

3 hours ago, Southwest football fan said:

Hope Torpoint don't struggle this season, heard they've lost a few players 

There's certainly been a lot of turnover player wise, unfortunately we haven't been able to retain every player we wanted but we respect each decision which has been made for their own individual reasons.

Pre-season has been a huge learning opportunity for us with new management and players. Most are getting a feel for the Club and Ryan is giving opportunities to see what fits for the Club needs.

The nomadic nature of local football is something we've been almost lucky to avoid in previous years but it's an exciting new challenge for us.

44 minutes ago, Luke Gibbons said:

There's certainly been a lot of turnover player wise, unfortunately we haven't been able to retain every player we wanted but we respect each decision which has been made for their own individual reasons.

Pre-season has been a huge learning opportunity for us with new management and players. Most are getting a feel for the Club and Ryan is giving opportunities to see what fits for the Club needs.

The nomadic nature of local football is something we've been almost lucky to avoid in previous years but it's an exciting new challenge for us.

I'm assuming the budgets gone down which is why they've all left....and that's not a criticism of the club......you have to live within your means

A very good club in my opinion 

7 hours ago, Footy follower said:

I'm assuming the budgets gone down which is why they've all left....and that's not a criticism of the club......you have to live within your means

A very good club in my opinion 

Agreed, we have to live sustainably within our means. Not to dive into absolutes but no, that wouldn't be the case.