Saltash Borough   3-2  Torpoint Athletic

PREMIER DIVISION WEST

Illogan RBL 4-1 Helston Athletic Development

DIVISION 1 EAST

Nanpean Rovers 0-1 St. Newlyn East

Torpoint Athletic  5-1  Liskeard Athletic

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - SATURDAY, 3RD AUGUST, 2024

Torpoint 5 liskeard res 1 

Martindale, quintrell, Pearce, Roberts, hussey, cotter, heron, northcott, Ferguson, westall, warren. Subs: white, white, chambers, Darlington-Brett, Babb. 

Will try and do this every week but will no doubt forget or lose interest. 

After the quickest pre season in history we started with a home fixture at the mill against a youthful Liskeard res. Only took us 2 mins to find the back of the net when a hussey corner found chris westall to fire home from a couple yards. We’d started the brighter of the two teams but found ourselves on level terms after 10 mins when a mix up at the back ended up with a goal line scramble which eventually got Liskeard back into the game, a right mess to be honest. It didn’t take us long to re take the lead, 2 mins later another hussey corner another goal this time a thumping header by Zak Pearce. 2 turned into 3 on 31 mins with a class finish by a rejuvenated Will Ferguson who smashed into the far corner from an angle. HT 3-1 and should have been more if we made better decisions in the final third. 

Second half saw more of the same in terms of domination across the park and soon enough we were 4-1 up. I still can’t believe I’m typing this out but an absolute thunder bastard from the least left footed player I’ve ever seen Sam Roberts inside the box following on from a usual poor hussey cross. By this point we were able to utilise all 5 subs including 2 of our under 18s. A welcome back from missing pretty much the whole of pre season to babby (loves a holiday apparently) who scored from a direct corner on 84 mins which put the icing on the cake and rounded off a near perfect afternoon for us. 

Well played to Liskeard who kept working hard especially their skipper who shouldn’t be anywhere near st pirans div 1 football. I said it last season he was the best defender in the league and Liskeard have done very well to keep hold of him 👏 all the best for the rest of the season. 

Onto Friday night for us when we host st Stephens at the mill 19:30 KO. 

On 05/08/2024 at 19:54, Byron10 said:

Torpoint 5 liskeard res 1 

Martindale, quintrell, Pearce, Roberts, hussey, cotter, heron, northcott, Ferguson, westall, warren. Subs: white, white, chambers, Darlington-Brett, Babb. 

Will try and do this every week but will no doubt forget or lose interest. 

After the quickest pre season in history we started with a home fixture at the mill against a youthful Liskeard res. Only took us 2 mins to find the back of the net when a hussey corner found chris westall to fire home from a couple yards. We’d started the brighter of the two teams but found ourselves on level terms after 10 mins when a mix up at the back ended up with a goal line scramble which eventually got Liskeard back into the game, a right mess to be honest. It didn’t take us long to re take the lead, 2 mins later another hussey corner another goal this time a thumping header by Zak Pearce. 2 turned into 3 on 31 mins with a class finish by a rejuvenated Will Ferguson who smashed into the far corner from an angle. HT 3-1 and should have been more if we made better decisions in the final third. 

Second half saw more of the same in terms of domination across the park and soon enough we were 4-1 up. I still can’t believe I’m typing this out but an absolute thunder bastard from the least left footed player I’ve ever seen Sam Roberts inside the box following on from a usual poor hussey cross. By this point we were able to utilise all 5 subs including 2 of our under 18s. A welcome back from missing pretty much the whole of pre season to babby (loves a holiday apparently) who scored from a direct corner on 84 mins which put the icing on the cake and rounded off a near perfect afternoon for us. 

Well played to Liskeard who kept working hard especially their skipper who shouldn’t be anywhere near st pirans div 1 football. I said it last season he was the best defender in the league and Liskeard have done very well to keep hold of him 👏 all the best for the rest of the season. 

Onto Friday night for us when we host st Stephens at the mill 19:30 KO. 

I was led to believe the keeper was captain this season at Liskeard?

29 minutes ago, Dave Grose said:

I was led to believe the keeper was captain this season at Liskeard?

Not last weekend. Tall young lad at the back. Then moved into midfield. Played last season as captain too and looks like he will be a good player for Liskeard. 

11 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Not last weekend. Tall young lad at the back. Then moved into midfield. Played last season as captain too and looks like he will be a good player for Liskeard. 

My ex keeper talking out of his ass then lol