Torrington         2-0   Bishops Lydeard

WEST
Bodmin Town         3-3    Sticker
Bude Town        1-3    Dobwalls
Camelford         1-2   Holsworthy
Millbrook           1-2    St Day
Penzance         0-2    Launceston
Wendron United     7-2    Wadebridge Town

Attended the league’s opening match of the season this evening and the hosts more direct style paid dividends!

Unfortunate a couple goalkeeper wrong decisions to come out to clear which failed didn’t help and one of these led to the first goal after probably Bovey had more of the opening play! 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Friday & Saturday, 2nd & 3rd August 2024

Millbrook 1-2 St Day 

Unfortunately this game ended being all about the referee especially when there wasn’t one bad tackle in the game we can’t do without them I know .

Saints started the better & had Millbrook under a fair amount of pressure in the first half Taylor Packenas I think that’s spelt right ( I’m not sure I’ve only seen him playing for a whole season 🤣)with two opportunities to score first one a half chance the second a real opportunity but way over the bar .

Millbrook had a couple of breaks to get off a shot but wide of the post on both occasions.

17 yr old keeper Salmon in goal for Saints made one good save at the feet of a Mill striker other than that he was fairly quiet .

Ref did show a couple of needless bookings unsure for why 

However second half Millbrook came out with a good intensity & forced a mistake from Cooper who never cleared his line in time as much as Salmon stopped the first attempt by shutting down the player he still managed to square it for an unstoppable shot into the far left top corner of the net . 
1-0 

Saints then got themselves back in the game when Jack Stocker making his half time debut for the Saints came on & brought a bit of calmness to the middle.

He made an intelligent run into the box forcing the defence to take him out & the ref awarded the pen Millbrook player already booked so red card Mill down to 10 
The pen nicely tucked into the right bottom corner sending the keeper the wrong way scored by Kyle Marks 1-1

Then 5 mins later a superb cross from Cam flew into the box & a goal mouth scramble ended with the ball falling on the half volley to Stocker who let rip & with a slight deflection it hit the back of the net giving the keeper no chance 1-2
Unfortunately at the other end a corner for the Mill ended causing a silly skirmish between Joe Cooper & a Millbrook player & both sent off.

In between all this the ref must of shown another 4 or 5 cards as he was being assessed . 
I have to say both teams on a hot day were entertaining & I don’t think there was one bad tackle all match a couple of lovely Liskeard gents agreed with me & saw no apparent reason for all the cards but hey Refs are there to blame I guess as usual but I’m not sure there were many yellows let alone 3 reds . 

3 points for Saints & good for them to get off the mark early some tough games to come where points may be hard to come by .

Saints 7/10

Millbrook 7/10 

Ref 5/10 

Just my opinion 😊

23 minutes ago, Marksy Senior said:

Millbrook 1-2 St Day 

Unfortunately this game ended being all about the referee especially when there wasn’t one bad tackle in the game we can’t do without them I know .

Saints started the better & had Millbrook under a fair amount of pressure in the first half Taylor Packenas I think that’s spelt right ( I’m not sure I’ve only seen him playing for a whole season 🤣)with two opportunities to score first one a half chance the second a real opportunity but way over the bar .

Millbrook had a couple of breaks to get off a shot but wide of the post on both occasions.

17 yr old keeper Salmon in goal for Saints made one good save at the feet of a Mill striker other than that he was fairly quiet .

Ref did show a couple of needless bookings unsure for why 

However second half Millbrook came out with a good intensity & forced a mistake from Cooper who never cleared his line in time as much as Salmon stopped the first attempt by shutting down the player he still managed to square it for an unstoppable shot into the far left top corner of the net . 
1-0 

Saints then got themselves back in the game when Jack Stocker making his half time debut for the Saints came on & brought a bit of calmness to the middle.

He made an intelligent run into the box forcing the defence to take him out & the ref awarded the pen Millbrook player already booked so red card Mill down to 10 
The pen nicely tucked into the right bottom corner sending the keeper the wrong way scored by Kyle Marks 1-1

Then 5 mins later a superb cross from Cam flew into the box & a goal mouth scramble ended with the ball falling on the half volley to Stocker who let rip & with a slight deflection it hit the back of the net giving the keeper no chance 1-2
Unfortunately at the other end a corner for the Mill ended causing a silly skirmish between Joe Cooper & a Millbrook player & both sent off.

In between all this the ref must of shown another 4 or 5 cards as he was being assessed . 
I have to say both teams on a hot day were entertaining & I don’t think there was one bad tackle all match a couple of lovely Liskeard gents agreed with me & saw no apparent reason for all the cards but hey Refs are there to blame I guess as usual but I’m not sure there were many yellows let alone 3 reds . 

3 points for Saints & good for them to get off the mark early some tough games to come where points may be hard to come by .

Saints 7/10

Millbrook 7/10 

Ref 5/10 

Just my opinion 😊

Best get yourself on the next referee course and show us how it’s done then! 😊

21 minutes ago, Thatfootieguy said:

Best get yourself on the next referee course and show us how it’s done then! 😊

Why !!! 
Oh it’s the no opinion forum ?

I like to say what I see I’m not going to butter up a ref unless I think he had a good game in which I will say it on here on a number of occasions .As I said everyone has an opinion & that’s mine but won’t be talking up the whistle.

22 minutes ago, Marksy Senior said:

Why !!! 
Oh it’s the no opinion forum ?

I like to say what I see I’m not going to butter up a ref unless I think he had a good game in which I will say it on here on a number of occasions .As I said everyone has an opinion & that’s mine but won’t be talking up the whistle.

No one’s asking you to butter up a ref though? Please show the same energy for the players who miss the “good opportunities”

Just because it’s a forum doesn’t mean it’s a free hit to criticise someone who’s only there to enforce the laws of the game. Without him there wouldn’t be a game ultimately.

4 minutes ago, Thatfootieguy said:

Not sure why you’re asking me this? I usually don’t say anything at all if I don’t have anything nice to say, Dave. Clearly some members here were raised in a barn.

This is why people don’t write match reports on here because of small minded individuals who go from hiding behind fake names to now accusing people on here of being raised in a barn one thing is for certain if you saw me in person you probably would say Jesus Christ 😡& my mother was called Mary & me Dad was funnily enough called Joseph but I don’t remember a donkey unless he’s called Thatfootieguy

Bude v Dobwalls

A cracking day for football and a good watch provided by both teams for Harrison, myself and a very healthy 150+ crowd. 
A really young Bude team testing themselves against a solid Dobwalls team was always going to be a challenge. I thought Bude did very well in parts. Dobwalls ran out 3-1 to the good, however Bude were architects of their own downfall with Dobwall taking advantage of two errors to gain a 2 goal lead. Mistakes that maybe would have gone unpunished for the members of this Bude team who played so well last season 3 divisions lower.

Bude who like to play out from the back and build patiently, showed enough throughout the game to make me believe they will trouble teams, however they also showed me that decision making and composure needs to improve. Dobwells looked like the well organised team they are and I’d expect them to be around a similar position as last season come the end of the season.

Bude have some exciting players this season and for large spells put Dobwells under pressure with nice passing. However when Dobwells broke they were quite clinical. 

This season will be a challenge for this Bude team, but I believe from what I have seen in the PSF’s and today that they will do okay over the course of a full season. 

58 minutes ago, Marksy Senior said:

This is why people don’t write match reports on here because of small minded individuals who go from hiding behind fake names to now accusing people on here of being raised in a barn one thing is for certain if you saw me in person you probably would say Jesus Christ 😡& my mother was called Mary & me Dad was funnily enough called Joseph but I don’t remember a donkey unless he’s called Thatfootieguy

Have a good evening Marksy, looking forward to your next posts 😂

1 hour ago, Marksy Senior said:

Perhaps read the first few lines I wrote 

I’m merely stating my opinion on the game & did not think he had a good game I’m sure next week it might be different but not in my opinion 

In ur opinion would u say £160 is a fair price for 3 qualified refs for a game?not based on today but go off last season as a whole,the costs have gone up this season to cover fuel increases I'm guessing? I'm not knocking wot u have have said btw I'd be interested to know who else thinks the pricing/costs r agreeable/payable for 3 refs at this level when the lower leagues have to play without one some games,again not a dig at anyone or any ref or the guys who sort/allocate the refs just trying to gauge the thoughts on this.

1 hour ago, Marksy Senior said:

Perhaps read the first few lines I wrote 

I’m merely stating my opinion on the game & did not think he had a good game I’m sure next week it might be different but not in my opinion today 

An opinion is only an opinion, but it’s good to hear them. Keep them coming. It would interesting to read an opinion of the Wendron v Wadebridge game. Eye catching result.

19 minutes ago, Dave Grose said:

In ur opinion would u say £160 is a fair price for 3 qualified refs for a game?not based on today but go off last season as a whole,the costs have gone up this season to cover fuel increases I'm guessing? I'm not knocking wot u have have said btw I'd be interested to know who else thinks the pricing/costs r agreeable/payable for 3 refs at this level when the lower leagues have to play without one some games,again not a dig at anyone or any ref or the guys who sort/allocate the refs just trying to gauge the thoughts on this.

To be fair Dave I was chatting with I think I’m right in saying the Chairman of Millbrook today with his lovely little dog who by the way my grandson loved 🥰 he said last season they had gates of around 30 now I’m unsure of costs again at western level I believe £7 or £8 but that leaves little profit if referees are costing £160 plus 30 people probably are not buying much. 
Todays gate was £6 the standard fee I believe now in the SWPL but because Millbrook have a lot more younger local lads there now families were there to support them I’m unsure of the gate but it must of been at least double last season if not a lot more .

Fantastic club for only my second visit lovely food I saw it for a change I never conquered it 🤣very friendly volunteers & a great addition again to the SWPL 

Are the refs worth there fees I would have to say yes it’s normally a fair journey for them to travel  & I don’t think it’s a huge amount to be paid to give up your Saturday for . 
As I said I’ve seen plenty of refs have outstanding games one incidentally reffed Hayle v St Day Tuesday night in a friendly I managed to shake his hand & say great game as I felt it’s rightly deserved just in case anyone thinks St Day won it finished 1-1

So when a ref again only my opinion has a poor game im saying it . If any Millbrook fans read this perhaps they might have there opinion on him which may be completely different .

4 minutes ago, Thatfootieguy said:

What makes you think I was there?

That’s his point you weren’t 😊

51 minutes ago, Scott Foley - The Jam Tart said:

Bude v Dobwalls

A cracking day for football and a good watch provided by both teams for Harrison, myself and a very healthy 150+ crowd. 
A really young Bude team testing themselves against a solid Dobwalls team was always going to be a challenge. I thought Bude did very well in parts. Dobwalls ran out 3-1 to the good, however Bude were architects of their own downfall with Dobwall taking advantage of two errors to gain a 2 goal lead. Mistakes that maybe would have gone unpunished for the members of this Bude team who played so well last season 3 divisions lower.

Bude who like to play out from the back and build patiently, showed enough throughout the game to make me believe they will trouble teams, however they also showed me that decision making and composure needs to improve. Dobwells looked like the well organised team they are and I’d expect them to be around a similar position as last season come the end of the season.

Bude have some exciting players this season and for large spells put Dobwells under pressure with nice passing. However when Dobwells broke they were quite clinical. 

This season will be a challenge for this Bude team, but I believe from what I have seen in the PSF’s and today that they will do okay over the course of a full season. 

Dobwalls started well and went 2 goals up. Bude responded with a strong twenty minutes and reduced the arrears which I think was an own goal?

The visitors made changes and created a lot more chances in the second half and extended the lead with a cheeky back heal from their striker. Bude have a good young side who play attractive football and I think they will cause a lot of teams a problem this season?

13 minutes ago, Marksy Senior said:

To be fair Dave I was chatting with I think I’m right in saying the Chairman of Millbrook today with his lovely little dog who by the way my grandson loved 🥰 he said last season they had gates of around 30 now I’m unsure of costs again at western level I believe £7 or £8 but that leaves little profit if referees are costing £160 plus 30 people probably are not buying much. 
Todays gate was £6 the standard fee I believe now in the SWPL but because Millbrook have a lot more younger local lads there now families were there to support them I’m unsure of the gate but it must of been at least double last season if not a lot more .

Fantastic club for only my second visit lovely food I saw it for a change I never conquered it 🤣very friendly volunteers & a great addition again to the SWPL 

Are the refs worth there fees I would have to say yes it’s normally a fair journey for them to travel  & I don’t think it’s a huge amount to be paid to give up your Saturday for . 
As I said I’ve seen plenty of refs have outstanding games one incidentally reffed Hayle v St Day Tuesday night in a friendly I managed to shake his hand & say great game as I felt it’s rightly deserved just in case anyone thinks St Day won it finished 1-1

So when a ref again only my opinion has a poor game im saying it . If any Millbrook fans read this perhaps they might have there opinion on him which may be completely different .

Referees can make bad decisions but over a season they usually even themselves out.

They do not have the advantage of replays to help them so take it on the chin and enjoy your football

18 minutes ago, Marksy Senior said:

Hence the question from myself, it’s not relevant to the discussion 😂

With the Underlane bathed in sunshine and a healthy crowd for us, helston and Falmouth must of been away we kicked off the 24/25 season with a visit from Wadebridge. Both teams showing changes from last season’s squads and the opening 20 minutes were a little cagey with neither keeper having to do anything out of the ordinary, Rob Rosevears new salmon pink kit being the topic of discussion with a 50/50 split.

Wendron broke the deadlock midway through the first half, returning from his loan at Blazey Reece Carroll firing in a pull back from new signing Brodie Kemp. What followed was 20 minutes of madness really, Kemp opened up his account finding some space on the 18 to fire in for 2, Woody chased a ball from another new signing Dan Greet to cross for last seasons top scorer Ryan Reeve to score at the back post, Woody then intercepted a pass out from the otherwise impressive Rosevear to roll in to an empty net for 4 and straight from kick off a long ball collected by Zach in goal was fed to Reece a 1-2 with Reevey and four touches later Brodie had made it 5. In an otherwise good tempered game a scuffle in midfield resulted in a red for the Wadebridge midfielder and just before half time ex Mullion player Kemp completed a first half hat-trick heading in from a corner. Ht 6-0

All the right things were said at half time but a Wadebridge side who I assumed had had a rocket at half time reduced the arrears Vallejo I think dancing around our defence to finish. Too many lose passes and poor decision allowed them to make it 6-2 mid way through the half and then lots of substitutions from both sides made the second half a bit bitty credit them they kept coming forward and never gave up. Debut’s for Sam Fisher from perranwell and Evan Tresidder from illogan in the second half and Fish’s ball to woody allowed him to surge in the box for Reevey to get his second at the death. 
A long way to go but a nice start, we wish Rower and Wadebridge all the best for the season. 
10 days off for us now before we welcome Sticker to Underlane in a midweeker 🐐

Please do not criticise/offer an opinion a ref unless you will now take up a course

Please do not criticise/offer an opinion anything about a club unless you will volunteer yourself

Please do not criticise/offer an opinion on your mum's tea if you aren't going to cook it

Please do not criticise/offer an opinion on strictly come dancing if you aren't going to do the foxtrot

Please please can people stop telling people not to have an opinion on an open forum

Yes.....we don't want personal attacks or over the top criticism and of course we can all choose to disagree but forums are about opinions 

9 hours ago, The Governor said:

Dobwalls started well and went 2 goals up. Bude responded with a strong twenty minutes and reduced the arrears which I think was an own goal?

The visitors made changes and created a lot more chances in the second half and extended the lead with a cheeky back heal from their striker. Bude have a good young side who play attractive football and I think they will cause a lot of teams a problem this season?

Referees can make bad decisions but over a season they usually even themselves out.

They do not have the advantage of replays to help them so take it on the chin and enjoy your football

Referees are more than entitled to make bad decisions but not the majority of them over 90 minutes. Since when are people not allowed to have an opinion on a forum? I don’t believe Marksy stated he didn’t enjoy the game, I actually briefly spoke to him at yesterdays game regarding the comments he’s made and although some people may agree or disagree the ref did in fact have an awful game. I do believe he was being assessed too. He might have been excited to use his new pack of shiny cards. 

Millbrook 1 St Day 2

Attendance: Dodgy Specsavers Head Count.. 110

Very good match summary from Marksy already on here so I'm not going to do a War & Peace job.

Memorable, eventful day for St Day & their followers. The kind of stuff that puts a smile on your face (well, most people, no disrespect to Millbrook loyalists).

Frenetic start, chances both ends, the game settled down after half an hour, thought the visitors looked the more composed.

A cut & thrust entertaining second half went one way, then decisively the other.

Millbrook got the lead & looked confident. The home bench were in dreamland.

Many a side would crumble, especially on debut in a higher league.. but certainly not St Day. They just kept pushing & prompting, great energy.

The visitors rebooted and went for it. The tide turned dramatically and initiated some top class comedy club theatrics from both benches.

Millbrook had little left in the tank when they went 2-1 down, they'd given everything, on other occasions it would surely be enough, not today.

Some last orders handbags was a late spectacle, especially with the Ref cast as the Pantomime villain. I don't think he did that bad really, it was a full-on head to head and one or two decisions will obviously not please everyone.

Anyway, that's enough waffle from me. I enjoyed it & Jenkins Park looked wonderful in the sunshine. Good start for The Peninsula League profile.   

2 hours ago, VARcelona said:

Referees are more than entitled to make bad decisions but not the majority of them over 90 minutes. Since when are people not allowed to have an opinion on a forum? I don’t believe Marksy stated he didn’t enjoy the game, I actually briefly spoke to him at yesterdays game regarding the comments he’s made and although some people may agree or disagree the ref did in fact have an awful game. I do believe he was being assessed too. He might have been excited to use his new pack of shiny cards. 

Not sure where I’ve said not to have an opinion at all, I was just calling him out on it. Am I not allowed to do this? 

There’s a few here who seem very selective in what they want to see on this forum, including the guy who runs the god awful podcast.. but hey that’s just my opinion 😊 

6 minutes ago, Thatfootieguy said:

Not sure where I’ve said not to have an opinion at all, I was just calling him out on it. Am I not allowed to do this? 

There’s a few here who seem very selective in what they want to see on this forum, including the guy who runs the god awful podcast.. but hey that’s just my opinion 😊 

God awful podcast? You can’t be bitter because you’ve never been invited onto it 🤣 Enjoy your Sunday roast and songs of praise. 

3 hours ago, Thatfootieguy said:

How can you even write this on here Rappo & Deacs bring County football to every listener who loves local football find me somewhere else that does that & free of charge .

Ive had my conversations with Dave over the years & some not to pleasing mainly due to idiots on here hiding behind names slagging people teams & issues but who else would do what he does. 
Thatfootieguy seriously you are an obtuse small minded person who does not belong on here in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Thatfootieguy said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but your petty remarks regarding a podcast run by two chaps who give a lot of time and effort for our entertainment says a lot more about you than a ‘god awful podcast’

Lacks class, shows a lack of intelligence as unable to articulate a more reasoned response and is just very very childish. Grow up. 

Slagging the Deacs and Rappo Podcast is way out of order if i had said it was a awful Podcast no doubt i would be kicked off this site,I Listen to it Saturday morning before i go off to a match .

I was going to say they are like the 2 Ronnies but i think more like Waldorf and Statler from the Muppets . Think Deacs is Statler 

I listen to most of the Podcast but dont listen to the ladies footy or lower leagues im just interested in the SW League and some Western league teams like Falmouth and Mousehole . 

It would be a good idea having supporters giving there opinions of local football i would love for it to go back to the old S W League the league and bring back the Cornwall vs Devon match .the Walter PARSONS league or whatever it is called now is so weak Phil Hiscox just as well present Newquay with the league Championship trophy now because come the end of the season there will only be 1 winner i went and watched Newquay 1st vs Newquay Reserves yesterday dont ask me the score because everytime Louis Price or Caluum McConie got the ball it ended up in the net  goal from McConie was miles out and he lobbed my neighbour James Peters in goal .

Louis and Callum had a brilliant understanding and dont forget Jack Evans has got to come into the team yet .

So get those Red and WHITE Ribbons ready because its Newquays year and they may get a cup as well but the Senior Cup will go to Mousehole or Falmouth 

Ok Be nice about the Podcast they dont do it for big Bucks they do it for the love of footy and they do seem to have a connection there lol 

9 hours ago, Martin Eddy said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 great Deacs. I'm sure the new league will get used to Marksy eventually. Keep up the good work Dave as subtle as ever with your wind ups

Not winding anyone up Martin & aside of  last season been following this league for years people just can’t handle an honest opinion.