Sidmouth Town       1-1    Teignmouth
Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police   2-3   Okehampton Argyle
Torrington       2-0      Bridport
WEST
Millbrook      1-2   Callington Town
Wadebridge Town        2-0      Bude Town

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 10 August 2024

Wadebridge v Bude. 
A young under strength Bude team travelled to Wadebridge hoping to upset one of the fancied teams this season. 

With Bude having a few players away at Boardmasters, it meant some reserves stepping up along with a U16 player. 
Wadebridge came out with a 2-0 win and over the piece deserved the victory, however with my blue tinted specs on, I was very pleased with the Bude performance. They went behind deservedly so as Wadebridge took advantage of a period of possession. However this sparked Bude into action and they hand long spells of control, which kept Wadebridge backed up and working hard to keep a clean sheet. However, Wadebridge scored a second against the run of play and went in 2 to the good at HT. 

The second half for me was dominated in large parts by the hosts, however Bude showed their fighting spirit and never gave up, causing the home team issues on a number of occasions and on another day could have scored a couple. 

Still looking for that first win but showing enough quality that it will come soon enough. 

45 minutes ago, Scott Foley - The Jam Tart said:

Wadebridge v Bude. 
A young under strength Bude team travelled to Wadebridge hoping to upset one of the fancied teams this season. 

With Bude having a few players away at Boardmasters, it meant some reserves stepping up along with a U16 player. 
Wadebridge came out with a 2-0 win and over the piece deserved the victory, however with my blue tinted specs on, I was very pleased with the Bude performance. They went behind deservedly so as Wadebridge took advantage of a period of possession. However this sparked Bude into action and they hand long spells of control, which kept Wadebridge backed up and working hard to keep a clean sheet. However, Wadebridge scored a second against the run of play and went in 2 to the good at HT. 

The second half for me was dominated in large parts by the hosts, however Bude showed their fighting spirit and never gave up, causing the home team issues on a number of occasions and on another day could have scored a couple. 

Still looking for that first win but showing enough quality that it will come soon enough. 

Must add that the pitch was in very poor condition grass left on the surface all over it home management wasn’t happy with it, players slipping all over the place it wasn’t the day for a passing free flowing game of football 

wadebridge deservedly won overall bude really lack any SWPL quality or experience but they’ll learn with time and hopefully get better they didn’t stop trying but there was a clear lack of quality especially in the forward areas 

35 minutes ago, Footballlover442 said:

Must add that the pitch was in very poor condition grass left on the surface all over it home management wasn’t happy with it, players slipping all over the place it wasn’t the day for a passing free flowing game of football 

wadebridge deservedly won overall bude really lack any SWPL quality or experience but they’ll learn with time and hopefully get better they didn’t stop trying but there was a clear lack of quality especially in the forward areas 

Yup pitch was very poor. Lots of players unable to stay upright. 
A little harsh to say they lack SWPL quality, what they have are some terrific players who are learning the game and don’t always make the right decisions. 100% agree this could be seen in the final 3rd where the pass was not timed right or the shot should have gone earlier. Thats not a lack of quality, that’s just learning the game. 
The Bude management team will be the first to tell you the challenges this team will face this season but we need to remember, they played a team today many have said will be in about the title race this season. I’d say they did ok. 

I take it that only 2 fixtures in the 'West Section' was a result of the teenagers pop concert thing over at Newquay? Aren't most of the leagues footballers a bit too old for such events?

A suggestion already mentioned in an earlier post (under strength Bude side at Wadebridge).

Surprised the League is ok about making such concessions for call-offs. Most the artists on stage are pub acts anyway.

50 minutes ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

I take it that only 2 fixtures in the 'West Section' was a result of the teenagers pop concert thing over at Newquay? Aren't most of the leagues footballers a bit too old for such events?

A suggestion already mentioned in an earlier post (under strength Bude side at Wadebridge).

Surprised the League is ok about making such concessions for call-offs. Most the artists on stage are pub acts anyway.

Showing you age now. Well done to the league for making the conessions. It doesn't hurt to give the footballers the odd Saturday off. Better that then they pack football in. Remember, there is more to life than football. 

All Clubs can ask, pre-season, not to be fixtured on a specific date, or indeed, not to be fixtured at home if there is another event at the Club. (Wedding, Firework display etc). Fixtures are then arranged accordingly by Phil.

On a 2nd note, Players must of attained the age of 16 to play in adult football; I assume the lad must have been under 16 last season but would now be too old to play at that level in the season ahead.

4 hours ago, silly billy said:

Showing you age now. Well done to the league for making the conessions. It doesn't hurt to give the footballers the odd Saturday off. Better that then they pack football in. Remember, there is more to life than football. 

Just going off what I've seen on BBC Spotshyte Billy. Most of the people at the festival look around 15/16.. dropped off by Mummy & Daddy.

4 hours ago, John Mead said:

All Clubs can ask, pre-season, not to be fixtured on a specific date, or indeed, not to be fixtured at home if there is another event at the Club. (Wedding, Firework display etc). Fixtures are then arranged accordingly by Phil.

On a 2nd note, Players must of attained the age of 16 to play in adult football; I assume the lad must have been under 16 last season but would now be too old to play at that level in the season ahead.

I always thought it was 15.....has that changed?

6 hours ago, John Mead said:

One can only assume so

3 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

For goodness sake it's the second Saturday of the season! 

And the second Saturday of the season coincides with the biggest music festival in Cornwall. Not really that deep. Footballers want to attend a major event in the county. The league grants each club one weekend they can request to be free.