Cornwall Football Forum

New home shirt

32 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

I.think it looks smart.....but does look strange without sponsors on it

Also.prefer white....but red and black is nice too

No tops worth that money but compared to pro clubs it's no more than I'd expect to pay

Needed to be stripes IMO.

I'm assuming we're not going to go sponsorless all season - seeing as we now seem to have a multitude of commercial partners elsewhere, would seem remiss to not have anything on the shirt.

£35 would seem a fairer price point IMO. I hope it sells well though.

18 minutes ago, Craze said:

Needed to be stripes IMO.

I'm assuming we're not going to go sponsorless all season - seeing as we now seem to have a multitude of commercial partners elsewhere, would seem remiss to not have anything on the shirt.

£35 would seem a fairer price point IMO. I hope it sells well though.

Sure I heard a figure of £50k a season quoted to be city's shirt sponsor.

It is slightly surprising that there isn't one, especially given the media interest in them surrounding their homecoming, and the ever increasing number of local businesses that have committed as partners. 

If one couldn't be secured, would it have been preferable to have the name of a local charity on the kit?

I think it is a good-looking shirt. I have always liked red and black as a combination. It was the colour of my primary school kit a loooong time ago! Back then, too, the idea of a sponsor on a shirt was a million miles away from anyone's thoughts. I quite like seeing a shirt with no advertising on it but I understand that's not really feasible financially. By the way, I like the white away shirt too.

Hi All, this a genuine KAPPA SHIRT, famous worldwide, produced here in Truro, Cornwall. I am very proud have brought KAPPA to Cornwall, Q Brands Plus are the sole suppliers of KAPPA Team Wear  in the UK, IRE and CI and are proud to support Truro City, Helston, Threemilestone, and to put in context Wigan Warriors, Hull, Bradford Bulls the list is endless. KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA

1 hour ago, Peter Masters said:

Hi All, this a genuine KAPPA SHIRT, famous worldwide, produced here in Truro, Cornwall. I am very proud have brought KAPPA to Cornwall, Q Brands Plus are the sole suppliers of KAPPA Team Wear  in the UK, IRE and CI and are proud to support Truro City, Helston, Threemilestone, and to put in context Wigan Warriors, Hull, Bradford Bulls the list is endless. KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA

As opposed to what?  A fake kappa shirt?

Tbh it could be Kappa, it could be Nike, Addidas or any other make. It could be some completely unheard of cottage industry that would have done them for pennies. If it looked good and had the Truro badge on it and they'd sold it cheaper then the units would have shifted this year.

7 hours ago, Peter Masters said:

I remember back in late 80's a classmate of mine had a Kappa jacket, none of us had heard of them back then. He always said they were a brilliant brand. 

On 10/08/2024 at 07:50, sportsman10 said:

Does just look like a basic training top you pick up from sports soccer. 50 quid for a local team top is ridiculous.  Surly as a good will gesture they could have maybe done a 50 per cent off for Truro residents seen as they been away for a few years. 

The same owners own Cornwall RLFC and their merchandise is very over-priced too. Other 'merch' beyond the club shirt pretty over-priced too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2024 at 18:11, Buckland Jim said:

I remember back in late 80's a classmate of mine had a Kappa jacket, none of us had heard of them back then. He always said they were a brilliant brand. 

Kappa produced a lot of those classic Italian shirts from that golden era of Serie A in the 90's. 

On 09/08/2024 at 20:20, Craze said:

Working in sales and procurement I have a decent idea.

Oh bugger, someone who knows what they're talking about. 😀