Cornwall Football Forum

Where Will Truro Finish This Season?

Know that City haven't kicked a competitive ball yet under their new manager, but where do people think they'll finish?

New manager,much changed squad, new ground and first full season under the new owners, it will probably mean that consolidation in the NLS is the main objective.

James Hamon and Ed Palmer, the two outstanding players from last time around have departed and we have to see what the quality of their replacements is. Still looks to me as though Tyler Harvey and Rocky Neal are going to be heavily relied on for goals as well. 

Considering the budgets and squad strengths that others around them are carrying (several are full time) I think that finishing around 15th in the league (and keeping clear of the relegation dog fight) will be seen as a good season. What do others think?

7 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

Know that City haven't kicked a competitive ball yet under their new manager, but where do people think they'll finish?

New manager,much changed squad, new ground and first full season under the new owners, it will probably mean that consolidation in the NLS is the main objective.

James Hamon and Ed Palmer, the two outstanding players from last time around have departed and we have to see what the quality of their replacements is. Still looks to me as though Tyler Harvey and Rocky Neal are going to be heavily relied on for goals as well. 

Considering the budgets and squad strengths that others around them are carrying (several are full time) I think that finishing around 15th in the league (and keeping clear of the relegation dog fight) will be seen as a good season. What do others think?

I'm certainly feeling more optimistic with the signings made recently. I do think we could do with another centre back, and something more in that midfield - but tbf the manager seems to have filled the gaps we had really well. Very much looking forward to seeing the team play tomorrow, understanding that with the high turnover it may take quite some time to see this lot play like a unit.

I'm confident of survival despite what the bookies say.

Couple more loanees on the way I reckon as well.

1 hour ago, Craze said:

I'm certainly feeling more optimistic with the signings made recently. I do think we could do with another centre back, and something more in that midfield - but tbf the manager seems to have filled the gaps we had really well. Very much looking forward to seeing the team play tomorrow, understanding that with the high turnover it may take quite some time to see this lot play like a unit.

I'm confident of survival despite what the bookies say.

Couple more loanees on the way I reckon as well.

A lot of loanees.Is the manager having problems selling the dream to prospective full time candidates who don't fancy the traveling to deepest cornwall.

2 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

but where do people think they'll finish

I would aim for comfortable mid-table, say 10th, based on the new manager's track-record, although I will also be happy settling for similar to last season (16th), but without the threat of relegation along the way!