WEST
Holsworthy  2-0       Liskeard Athletic
Millbrook         3-1         Camelford
Penzance        1-0        Truro City Res
Wadebridge Town  2-1    Launceston
Wendron United    3-2           Sticker

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 14 August 2024

PENZANCE 1 TRURO CITY RESERVES 0
Mark Vercesi picked up his first win as Penzance manager, the Magpies grinding out a narrow victory in front of a large crowd under the Penlee Park lights.
Captain Tyler Tonkin had the home team’s first chance, seeing a free-kick deflected wide after just eight minutes. A fine move culminated with Darryl Richards setting up Charlie Young, but Morgan Jones pulled off the first of a number fine saves to deny the ex-Wendron striker. At the other end his opposite number - Mikey Flores - was also kept busy, first denying Mikey Davies, then executing a superb tip-over of Ben Shaw’s pinpoint drive.
Penzance made the vital breakthrough nine minutes before half-time. Charlie Willis opened the visiting defence with a fine pass on to which Silas Sullivan ran before clipping the ball home. With a shot that skidded just past the far post, Sullivan might have had a second before the break, and Willis was also just off target with a speculative effort.
On the restart, Charlie Young powered a header over from a Richards corner. Richards was himself denied by another fine Jones block whilst, at the other end, Truro constantly knocked at the Penzance door, Liam Higgins going closest with a shot that was charged down.
Penzance’s task of holding on to their slender lead was made a tiny bit easier six minutes from time when City’s Ted Horton was dismissed for a second bookable foul – a crude hack at Willis. Jones pulled off another brilliant save to deny Magpies sub Jacob Trudgeon meaning the home faithful had to sweat their way through a nervy six minutes of additional time, but their team just held on for their first points of the season.
Penzance: Mikey Flores, Archie Reynolds, James Butler, Sam Young (Rolandos Samnauskas 75), Liam Andrew, Tyler Tonkin, Silas Sullivan (Jasper Turner 70), Jude Tripconey (Jacob Trudgeon 58), Charlie Young, Darryl Richards (Curtis Smith 58), Charlie Willis. Unused sub: Will Trenoweth 
Truro: Morgan Jones, Josh Turner, Eagan Fabby (Joe Rutherford 73), Mike Davies (Harry Richards 72), Owen Royes, Toby Burt, Liam Higgins, Owen Rosevear (Ted Horton 55), Ben Shaw (Taylor McNally 66), Alfie Flack (Reuben Chant 88), Rhys Simmonds
Referee: Steve Annis
Assistants: Neil Rudkin, Oliver Pellow
Attendance: 176

2 Brilliant match reports of last nights match Wendron Official Keep it up great reprt about s great side looking forward to seeing them here in Newquay should be a great game .

Also well done to JamesWright about the Penzance Game good win got a good manager in Mark Vercesi i saw Charlie Willis played i saw he also played for Blazey and was there Mom the other day .

Its great the season is up and running i do have  gripe players on dual registration i think this needs to be stopped say a player gets injured in midweek playing for another team not his regular Saturday team, and and misses some games that affects his usual 1st choice team this rule should be scrapped i know its all to do with money but just doesnt seem fair .