Bodmin Town      2-1     St Day
Camelford     0-3     Dobwalls
Holsworthy    3-1    Sticker
Launceston   0-3     Wendron United
Millbrook    2-3     Wadebridge Town
Penzance    3-4     Liskeard Athletic
Truro City Res      2-1     Bude Town

Callington Town 1-1 Newquay

Good competitive game under the lights at Callington, witnessed by a decent sized crowd.

Callington started the first ten minutes the stronger, with a couple of speculative shots, we were then treated to a fairly long spell of Newquay passing the ball around between themselves in their own half. However from a Newquay free kick on about 25 minutes, the ball was launched high into the Callington area, where the ball broke for Newquay to go ahead.

Callington did have a couple of shouts for handball in the first half, all at close quarters but without VAR, unlikely to be given.

Only odd feature in the first half was when Callington broke from midfield a pursuing Newquay player decided to attempt to remove the Callington players shorts as he pulled him back - no yellow card, difficult to fathom that,ref

So 1-0 to Newquay at half time, just about deserved on the balance of play.

Callington came out strongly for the second half, very little was seen of the Newquay attack threatening the home keeper for a long period. Callington gradually exerted more pressure, a shot headed off the line, two good saves by the Newquay keeper, until 15 minutes from time Lee Robinson swept home the equaliser.

It looked as if Callington could go on to win, but inevitably Newquay got their attack going, and nearly scored when the ball bobbled up from a header and was somehow put over the gaping goal.

From what I saw/heard very little backchat to the ref, a yellow card each, Callington player for kicking the ball away, Newquay when a series of fouls breaking up midfield play was finally sanctioned.

Impressed by the assistants quickly raising their flag for offside, hooray !

Two good teams who will be around the upper reaches of the league I expect.

Callington 1 Newquay 1........ Att 205

just got home from what turned out to be a pretty nippy night, Callington does have its own climate I'm sure, 

If Newquay are favourites for this league, then Callington will not be far behind, on this showing. A pretty even first half, both teams battling and making chances, but Newquay grabbed a goal to go in 1 up at half time. 

2nd half Callington were the better team, with numerous chances with the Newquay keeper making 3 or 4 outstanding saves, couple shots cleared off the line, Callington kept battling and got their reward with a equaliser, a tense final 15 mins for both teams, but Newquay some how managed to miss a golden chance,  ball in from a cross, came to a Newquay player basilcly standing on the goal line, all he had to do was nod it in, but somehow headed it with the top of his head, and other the cross bar, if he was a defender the rest of the team would be hugging him for such a good goal line clearance,  very good  game to watch,draw fair result, impressed with Newquay number 8 and keeper, and after watching Callington on and off for years, this team is very good, and a impressive attendence, now time for  a cup of tea to warm me up..... 

2 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

Over to you now Liskeard, 3 points away to Penzance would be a big lift for them today. Felt like people were handing the title to Newquay 2 days ago.

Having seen Liskeard play, I'm not sure it's them who Newquay need to be worrying about.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Friday 16 & Saturday 17 August 2024

Bodmin 2-1 St Day 

Well two sides clearly looking to get to grips early in this one Bodmin hammered mid-week Saints losing 3-1 at Newquay although performance wise decent enough .

Well Bodmin came out keen eager & up for it & pretty much dominated the first 20 mins .

St Day we’re still lacing there boots up or something but they weren’t out there on the once decent looking Bodmin pitch , tea room ground etc it now looks like an over grown downtrodden mess I believe due to it being torn down for a 3 g pitch and pitch up the top end , if I’m wrong so be it but if it’s not it’s time to hire a groundskeeper & find a new portakabin for a tea although you can still walk a qtr mile to the club house for one .

After what seemed like an eternity of defending terribly Bodmin got there just reward after Harry Salmon conceded after about 500 saves (slight exaggeration it was more like 499) needless to say only one team wanted & before long it was 2 they could of to be fair had 3/4 Saints did eventually wake up & Phil Cattran missed one from about 10 yds to get it back to 2-1 .

Ht 2-0

Second half & it seemed Bodmin left there boots in the changing room Saints came out a different team & dominated pretty much most of the half Kyle Marks got one back a shot which the keeper got  to it  but only managed to slow it but not enough to stop it going over the line (3 in 3 for Marks )  at that point you thought game on but a few injuries later seemed to dampen the game & not much really happened after a couple of chances to either team but nothing to get excited about . 
A nasty accidental  clash saw a Bodmin player taken off with apparently a huge cut on his head I could see a lot of blood  he clearly wasn’t bothered ( brave lad)he just sat in the dug out as I watched his shirt go from white to crimson I can’t really speak for Saints but here’s hoping hes all good 😊 I know they would be wishing him well . 

Saints were missing at least 5/6 starters today but I can’t find any excuse for the way they played no disrespect to Bodmin there not a great team but if you have commitment & your up for a challenge it can see you over the line & they wanted it more than the Saints today & got there just reward . 

At least a few more weeks before Saints are back to a full squad when they are they will hopefully not have to much catching up to do .

Seeing as I took a lot of bantering for slating the ref last time out I thought he was decent today & also spoke to the players can’t go wrong when there doing that .

1 hour ago, Marksy Senior said:

Bodmin 2-1 St Day 

Well two sides clearly looking to get to grips early in this one Bodmin hammered mid-week Saints losing 3-1 at Newquay although performance wise decent enough .

Well Bodmin came out keen eager & up for it & pretty much dominated the first 20 mins .

St Day we’re still lacing there boots up or something but they weren’t out there on the once decent looking Bodmin pitch , tea room ground etc it now looks like an over grown downtrodden mess I believe due to it being torn down for a 3 g pitch and pitch up the top end , if I’m wrong so be it but if it’s not it’s time to hire a groundskeeper & find a new portakabin for a tea although you can still walk a qtr mile to the club house for one .

After what seemed like an eternity of defending terribly Bodmin got there just reward after Harry Salmon conceded after about 500 saves (slight exaggeration it was more like 499) needless to say only one team wanted & before long it was 2 they could of to be fair had 3/4 Saints did eventually wake up & Phil Cattran missed one from about 10 yds to get it back to 2-1 .

Ht 2-0

Second half & it seemed Bodmin left there boots in the changing room Saints came out a different team & dominated pretty much most of the half Kyle Marks got one back a shot which the keeper got  to it  but only managed to slow it but not enough to stop it going over the line (3 in 3 for Marks )  at that point you thought game on but a few injuries later seemed to dampen the game & not much really happened after a couple of chances to either team but nothing to get excited about . 
A nasty accidental  clash saw a Bodmin player taken off with apparently a huge cut on his head I could see a lot of blood  he clearly wasn’t bothered ( brave lad)he just sat in the dug out as I watched his shirt go from white to crimson I can’t really speak for Saints but here’s hoping hes all good 😊 I know they would be wishing him well . 

Saints were missing at least 5/6 starters today but I can’t find any excuse for the way they played no disrespect to Bodmin there not a great team but if you have commitment & your up for a challenge it can see you over the line & they wanted it more than the Saints today & got there just reward . 

At least a few more weeks before Saints are back to a full squad when they are they will hopefully not have to much catching up to do .

Seeing as I took a lot of bantering for slating the ref last time out I thought he was decent today & also spoke to the players can’t go wrong when there doing that .

Kyle Marks goal, ha, Marks shoots, ball hit the post, rolls back and hits keepers back and into the net. OG all day long.

No way can a striker have decency to claim that. Joke if he does.

16 minutes ago, Slim Dusty said:

Kyle Marks goal, ha, Marks shoots, ball hit the post, rolls back and hits keepers back and into the net. OG all day long.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Many a claim to be had no shot no goal .

To be fair state of the pitch probably helped it 

47 minutes ago, Slim Dusty said:

No way can a striker have decency to claim that. Joke if he does.

Rappo would have claimed it.😁

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Not everyone Ian! 😀

Once a Liskeard boy...😁

Sounds like Marksy’s goal to me Ian!! If he didn’t shoot there’s no goal!!  👍️.  Sounds like the keepers unlucky so he doesn’t deserve the OG does he! Well done Marksy 3 in 3 indeed! 😀👍️.  If you don’t buy a ticket you don’t win the raffle as Mr Shearer once said!! 😀👍

Couldn't get to Truro last week so went to watch the Reserves today to give the new premises the once-over. Portakabin City but, as the first Redruth resident I met in 1972 said about Camborne, "it'll be nice when it's finished!" 

But what a splendid playing surface! Must be the best in the County. The stand that is up is really good: only one moan: the central stairway needs a handrail down the centre. People of a certain age, with walking sticks, experienced some difficulty descending. I know because I am one of them now! The covered terrace looked brilliant, too, and I presume there will eventually be one at the other end. I was told of the plans for a bigger grandstand with changing rooms beneath opposite the existing stand. I read the criticism of the screen and, yes, it is too small to read from the far end of the ground: and why does the clock stop at 45 mins when the half is still being played due to stoppages? They'll eventually need a refreshment outlet on the opposite side of the pitch to the existing marquee, but all in good time. Plenty of toilets - again, important to gentlemen (and ladies) of a certain age!

I was charged £6 entry for this Reserve game. My fault: the turnstile lady asked me if I was a concession entry and I asked her how old she thought I was. She erred on the side of flattery to the benefit of the club! I'll be 77 this month. Bless her! Nice to see a programme for the Reserves. I hope this will be the norm. They need to get a stadium announcer to cover the Reserves, like I used to do at Treyew Road, and make sure the announcer has a good central viewpoint with plenty of tech (and a cup of tea at half-time!). I did think £2.50 was having a laugh for a cuppa. Lord knows what the food costs! And "Tinners"? Since when? Them's St Just, surely. "City" says it all, especially as there is only one city in Cornwall. The return to red is a good decision, though.

Pleasant afternoon in good company. 1 - 1 at half time thanks to a last minute solo effort by the lad with the Afro wearing 12, 3 points nicked right at the death in a very equally contested game. Teams will love coming to Truro to play on that pitch.

All the best to everyone I missed last week.

4 hours ago, Marksy Senior said:

Bodmin 2-1 St Day 

Ht 2-0

Nice to see you slag off the situation at a club I worked my socks off for unfortunately those people aren't around anymore and it's something I agree with you that it's not good but those that are there try their best to keep the club going what I did notice today was the over use of swearing by both sides not picked up by referee or officials I'm no prude but the use of this foul language is front if spectators mums dads children etc is not on

7 hours ago, Martin Mullis said:

Nice to see you slag off the situation at a club I worked my socks off for unfortunately those people aren't around anymore and it's something I agree with you that it's not good but those that are there try their best to keep the club going what I did notice today was the over use of swearing by both sides not picked up by referee or officials I'm no prude but the use of this foul language is front if spectators mums dads children etc is not on

You have answered my report to be fair it looks awful you agree end of . 

Appreciate not perhaps nice to read but again my honest opinion people so dislike honesty on this forum not saying yourself but in general .

We arrived at the gate & I asked the gentleman in the shed is the tea hut not open ( no he said the floors rotten you would fall right through it you can get a tea at the bar though ) which was a nice cuppa incidentally just a shame it was a trek . 
Grass was very long on the pitch , you could see the top half of a players boot only as for around the sides & banks unkept completely.

Also by the ladies toilet entrance broken glass on the floor & seemingly rubbish of some kind on the grass at the far end of the stadium near the ladies toilet where we stood . 
With regards to swearing yes was poor totally agree & lots of children there including my grandson . 

10 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Couldn't get to Truro last week so went to watch the Reserves today to give the new premises the once-over. Portakabin City but, as the first Redruth resident I met in 1972 said about Camborne, "it'll be nice when it's finished!" 

But what a splendid playing surface! Must be the best in the County. The stand that is up is really good: only one moan: the central stairway needs a handrail down the centre. People of a certain age, with walking sticks, experienced some difficulty descending. I know because I am one of them now! The covered terrace looked brilliant, too, and I presume there will eventually be one at the other end. I was told of the plans for a bigger grandstand with changing rooms beneath opposite the existing stand. I read the criticism of the screen and, yes, it is too small to read from the far end of the ground: and why does the clock stop at 45 mins when the half is still being played due to stoppages? They'll eventually need a refreshment outlet on the opposite side of the pitch to the existing marquee, but all in good time. Plenty of toilets - again, important to gentlemen (and ladies) of a certain age!

I was charged £6 entry for this Reserve game. My fault: the turnstile lady asked me if I was a concession entry and I asked her how old she thought I was. She erred on the side of flattery to the benefit of the club! I'll be 77 this month. Bless her! Nice to see a programme for the Reserves. I hope this will be the norm. They need to get a stadium announcer to cover the Reserves, like I used to do at Treyew Road, and make sure the announcer has a good central viewpoint with plenty of tech (and a cup of tea at half-time!). I did think £2.50 was having a laugh for a cuppa. Lord knows what the food costs! And "Tinners"? Since when? Them's St Just, surely. "City" says it all, especially as there is only one city in Cornwall. The return to red is a good decision, though.

Pleasant afternoon in good company. 1 - 1 at half time thanks to a last minute solo effort by the lad with the Afro wearing 12, 3 points nicked right at the death in a very equally contested game. Teams will love coming to Truro to play on that pitch.

All the best to everyone I missed last week.

Couldn’t make the game yesterday as you are not accepting dogs in the ground. Fair enough but disappointing. What did you make of this young Bude team? Clearly it will be a challenge for them adjusting to this level, however I’ve seen enough in them so far to think given a bit of time they will pick up points. 
What do you think? 

Yes, I thought Bude were as good as Truro. The score could have been either way - quite an absorbing game for the neutral, disappointing at the very end for Bude. Truro's 'keeper made some good saves, making up for the playing from the back cobblers that led to Bude's goal. I presume, Scott, you are from Bude. I'm pretty sure you will pick up some points , as you say. Some entertaining players in your side. Have a good season.

Pity about dogs: I suppose it is because City are now running themselves on a very pro basis. No room for one man and his dog on the touchline any more! I presume you don't mean a support dog? Surely they allow them? (Probably charge them entry, too!) : )

Launceston 0 Wendron United 3

Head Count: 75

Wendron look a very good side indeed.

They bossed this affair from start to finish. The fact they only got 3 somewhat clouded their supremity. It could have been double figures.

Without doubt, Wendron are going to be major players regards honours this season. Their fast passing football was much too intricate & competitive for a workmanlike but no frills Launceston outfit. 

Surprisingly it was still 0-0 at half time, however, as soon as the first goal came along, it was more or less game over.

Shame only a meagre local crowd came along to witness the game, the head count was improved by a number of away fans who'd made the trip all the way from Wendron. The home punters won't see many better sides (if any) than what Wendron provided here.

Catch them if you get the opportunity, I don't think you'll be disappointed. 

Also at Truro res v Bude, agree with virtually everything Tom has said above.

Disappointed in the lack of PA announcements, or a pinned up teamsheet, or even a posting on X of Truro's team, at least Bude tweeted so we knew who was who in their line-up.

I was extremely scepitcal that this ground would ever get built, well It's time for me to eat humble pie and say "well done" to all concerned for getting it up and running, and looking very nice too. I will be back.

Also agree with the £2.50 for a coffee was absolutely ridiculous for a sachet of instant coffee and some hot water.

I thought Truro just shaded the match, particularly in the second half, but both teams attempted to play decent football most of the time and I felt I got good value entertainment for my £6. Truro's last minute scorer, the No.7 was the best player on the pitch but also the most frustrating. How many times was he not just offside, but clearly so? Hopefully the coaches can get that side of his game sorted out.

7 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Yes, I thought Bude were as good as Truro. The score could have been either way - quite an absorbing game for the neutral, disappointing at the very end for Bude. Truro's 'keeper made some good saves, making up for the playing from the back cobblers that led to Bude's goal. I presume, Scott, you are from Bude. I'm pretty sure you will pick up some points , as you say. Some entertaining players in your side. Have a good season.

Pity about dogs: I suppose it is because City are now running themselves on a very pro basis. No room for one man and his dog on the touchline any more! I presume you don't mean a support dog? Surely they allow them? (Probably charge them entry, too!) : )

What was the attendance like for the Truro game (I haven't seen any figures) and how did the atmosphere compare with, say, Illogan RBL where the spectators are much closer to the action? ( I was at the opening game last week, but 2,500+ fans is a different kettle of fish).

I haven't seen or heard any figure. I would say it exceeded 3 figures but not by much.

Course, on 2nd team days you can sit up at the back of the stand because there are no dozens of club officials and hangers-on. Great view! I'll go again when I can still drive home in daylight. Sort of cuts out the St Day midweek fixture for me. Pity. That ought to draw a decent crowd for this league. Ought to remind them to bring their own flasks!

10 hours ago, Marksy Senior said:

You have answered my report to be fair it looks awful you agree end of . 

Appreciate not perhaps nice to read but again my honest opinion people so dislike honesty on this forum not saying yourself but in general .

We arrived at the gate & I asked the gentleman in the shed is the tea hut not open ( no he said the floors rotten you would fall right through it you can get a tea at the bar though ) which was a nice cuppa incidentally just a shame it was a trek . 
Grass was very long on the pitch , you could see the top half of a players boot only as for around the sides & banks unkept completely.

Also by the ladies toilet entrance broken glass on the floor & seemingly rubbish of some kind on the grass at the far end of the stadium near the ladies toilet where we stood . 
With regards to swearing yes was poor totally agree & lots of children there including my grandson . 

In a wider context so many local grassroots clubs get very prickly at observations, opinions or suggestions for improvements, or revenue raising input, or how to engage with the wider community. Some have an aversion to doing things more professionally or accountably. The 'we've always done things this way' mentality is never far away. Those who say this often fail to see their club is in a perilous state as their committee and support base ages together. Their clubs are literally dying!  The 'old boys' network invariably rules. 

This is in NO WAY CLUB SPECIFIC and NOT a pop at Bodmin. However, what happened to the man who got involved with previous pro football experience at the world famous NFFC and also at the Sheep Fondlers? I remember him talking very optimistically on the podcast some time ago. Is he still there? 

Sad to see Bodmin still struggling to advance! I wish them well For my part I'd never consider getting fully involved with a local club. So many cry out and say they need help, but they are less keen on same people having a meaningful say in the running of the club and bringing their full professional skill set to the fore.

A controversial opinion, perhaps. This outlook is based partly on personal experience and anecdotal experiences of others I've known.

A Bodmin supporter who was a regular on this forum once stated that it's what's in the trophy cabinet that counts, although trophies matter they should never be the prime objective, customers ( that's what supporters are ) and therefore support will dwindle if that mantra is adopted.

9 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Yeah I follow Bude most weeks. I’ll sneak off somewhere else occasionally to tick a new ground off. 
Fair assessment of the squad from what I’ve seen this season. Some cracking players but the decision making is a little off at the moment. That’ll improve as they get more experience at this level. 
Harrison (my dog) is just my little football buddy. He enjoys it and you can catch him watching along once or twice at every game, but in reality he likes to walk round the pitch a few times looking for attention  

14 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Course, on 2nd team days you can sit up at the back of the stand because there are no dozens of club officials and hangers-on. 

I shall eventually pop along to the new Truro ground this season. It will definitely be to watch the Peninsula League side.

I'm certainly not forking out 15 quid to get in at OAP Concession Prices for the first team stuff, that's ridiculous for non league. 

I take the point for advice on £2.50 coffee as well. It's Cornwall not Stamford Bridge. 

6 minutes ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

I take the point for advice on £2.50 coffee as well. It's Cornwall not Stamford Bridge. 

I'm wondering if that side of things is franchised out or not? Surely in time, I can't see many people that are regular visitors paying that sort of price!

14 hours ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

In a wider context so many local grassroots clubs get very prickly at observations, opinions or suggestions for improvements, or revenue raising input, or how to engage with the wider community. Some have an aversion to doing things more professionally or accountably. The 'we've always done things this way' mentality is never far away. Those who say this often fail to see their club is in a perilous state as their committee and support base ages together. Their clubs are literally dying!  The 'old boys' network invariably rules. 

Very true indeed.

Even the slightest hint of ideas for 'continual-improvement' tend to be immediately publicly trashed.

Sometimes club officials need to think outside the box, dare I say, sample public opinion from time to time.

15 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I'm wondering if that side of things is franchised out or not? Surely in time, I can't see many people that are regular visitors paying that sort of price!

One of the fabulous side attractions of going to Non League Football are the quirky, usually very good, independent or supporters club tea huts. Plenty still exist in our area. I haven't the interest, or budget for corporate profit creamers at grass root levels. Truro are missing an opportunity here. You are correct in mentioning that punters won't continue being fleeced. It's about fair tucker at sensible price levels.

Well I did it i took the visit to Bodmin on Saturday Afternoon. 

Bodmin V St.Day

I seen a few reports on here but here's mine for the day.

It started off with some issues with the Car Park. Had to pay as the local carnival was on and roads were shutting and the council in full force. No pay by card option. Cash was being swallowed up so you had to use the old phone to download the app and then whack in the details on the app. (ref had a great time trying to do this). Got to the game early thinking I could watch Ipswich V Liverpool in the clubhouse but it wasn't going to be open until 2pm. 

Had a stroll on the pitch. Yes it really wasn't up to Truro's new grass its had grass a lot of grass but speaking to a few clubman was mentioned about the Cornwall FA making this a headquarters so no money is being spent on the pitch this season. Grass kept long for styles of play I think stop the "top" sides playing football. But thats football you do what you can i suppose. There isnt any rules on grass height its down to the club the feedback and the publicity they will get from it.

Both sides warming up on the other "pitch" think the tractor did haylage after they warmed up. 

Anyway onto the good old game. 

Both sides came out with some early threats. St day had a few Bodmin did have more clear cut chances but nothing taken from both sides. 

18th minute and the deadlock was broken. A move down the right and pressure Bodmin won the ball countered Joe Munday had a shot (probably should of scored that) but was saved by Harry Salmon in goal but Munday picked up the Rebound and this time converted it into the net. 1-0 Bodmin. 

Bodmin was looking the better side in this half and created some great chances but players seemed to be kicking turf instead of the ball so it stayed 1-0 until the 35th minute when a nice move down the Bodmin right a nice triangle of play saw a Bodmin lad run free down the right and shot yet again saved by Salmon but there he was again Munday to tap home from 6 yards. 2-0 Bodmin.

There might of been chances in the rest of the half but i had to take a stroll to the clubhouse to get a drink but didnt see anything major happen whilst putting on my hking gear to the clubhouse. 

Half time 2-0 Bodmin.

2nd Half a few changes for both sides. In the  first half which i forgot bdomin got forced into a few changes with injuries. 

St Day out the blocks like a team who took the full force of the gaffer at half time. 46th Minute the ball came to Cattran about 12 yards out hit the ball like Chris Gayle playing at somerset but his shot hit the crossbar. 

St Day now dominating. Stevens now on the right getting in behind and Marks on the left. Causing issues but just no end product to get the goal. 
54th minute Marks picked up the ball ran at his defender Skinned him better than me taking the skin of a potato and past the midfielder to unleash a great shot on goal. Hitting the inside of the post hitting the keeper on the back and then into the back of the net. 2-1 GOAL St Day. (i would give it to Marks to be honest but if it was on tv they would have angles to say it was an OG) but we dont so thats life. Hearing 3 in 3 for Marks. 

St Day were dominating the game Bodmin really were under the cosh for most this half with James Baker of Bodmin leading the line at the back defending. Bodmin did have a few counter attacks but Kirk Davies tracked back and saved the day. Oliver clearing up at the back well. Then in the 90th minute the game really had action first of all Tre (not sure on name) and Oliver competed for a header and Tre went off his head split and his head was pouring the Red stuff all over his nice white shirt. (what happened to Bodmin yellow)?? I hope he has a full recovery and everything was ok at the hospital. 

Then the moment your begging for a great move from St Day building from the back throught the middle down the right back to the middle a tackle with the keeper (he stayed down) wasnt a foul he as late to the scene and tried to milk a foul which the ref didnt give. Play went on and the ball ended up to the foot one a St Day player 18 yards out the goal to aim at and a Bodmin player on the line (looking ready to make a reflex save) the shot came in but he managed to smash the ball away (great covering by Tom Crow) just what his team needed and not what St Day wanted. 

Full Time whistle goes Bodmin 2 (2) - (0) 1 St Day

Attendance: 101

Ref Had a good game let far too much bad language be used in my opinion but let the game go didnt fall for any antics. 

Linesmans : Gave a few decisions that looked a bit odd but hey we dont have their views. 

Man of the Match : Baker for Bodmin.

League Standing 

Bodmin Now 7th - next up Liskeard 27th at Home 7:30 kick off.

St Day Now 12th - Next up away to Truro Wednesday 21st 7:30 kick off (first floodlight game at new stadium). 

Title Odds:

Newquay Wendron 2/1

Liskeard  / Dodballs 5/1

Penzance 6/1

Callington, Wadebridge. Holsworthy 10/1

Thanks.  Truro on Wednesday for me I think. Hoping to see at least 300 people for the game and working floodlights. 

I might even try and take some pics or footage. 

Is it REALLY £15 for OAPs at Truro's 1st team games? 

I used to watch Chelsea in the 60s - three shillings entry for an adult, that's 15p, for the old 1st Division (i.e. Premier Division today). You'd see the likes of Greavse, Matthews, all the England International players of the day, admittedly sometimes on pitches that resembled uncooked Christmas puddings! Index link that 15p from 1963 to today and methods vary but you reach a figure of less than £3.50. So what did people pay for 5 leagues down from the top league? I can remember Heaney responding to complaints about the entry prices at Treyew Road by simply saying "that's what they charge upcountry". Pointing out that this was Cornwall, not "upcountry" fell on deaf ears. Well, I won't be watching any 1st team games if it is £15 to get in. How much is the non-concessionary price? I think that to be charged something like 4 times the index-linked entry for a top division game to see a 6th Division game is dreadful! Puts the £4 concessionary price for 2nd team games into perspective, doesn't it! 

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Is it REALLY £15 for OAPs at Truro's 1st team games? 

I used to watch Chelsea in the 60s - three shillings entry for an adult, that's 15p, for the old 1st Division (i.e. Premier Division today). You'd see the likes of Greavse, Matthews, all the England International players of the day, admittedly sometimes on pitches that resembled uncooked Christmas puddings! Index link that 15p from 1963 to today and methods vary but you reach a figure of less than £3.50. So what did people pay for 5 leagues down from the top league? I can remember Heaney responding to complaints about the entry prices at Treyew Road by simply saying "that's what they charge upcountry". Pointing out that this was Cornwall, not "upcountry" fell on deaf ears. Well, I won't be watching any 1st team games if it is £15 to get in. How much is the non-concessionary price? I think that to be charged something like 4 times the index-linked entry for a top division game to see a 6th Division game is dreadful! Puts the £4 concessionary price for 2nd team games into perspective, doesn't it! 

Taken from their website Tom.

Tickets for home league games in 2024-25 are now on sale and available to purchase online only.

Fans will also have the option to pay on the day at all home matches, subject to availability, although prices will rise by £2 across all categories, compared to the advance cost of an individual ticket.

All supporters under the age of 14 must be accompanied by and adult.

Individual Advance Ticket Prices

Adult: £15

Concession*: £13

Under-18: £5

Under-12: £3

Family**: £30

Individual On the Day Ticket Prices

Adult: £17

Concession*: £15

Under-18: £7

Under-12***: £5

Family**: £32

*Concessions include persons aged 65 or over, current NHS staff, blue light cardholders, current and ex-armed forces personnel, disabled supporters and students. A concessionary rate ticket holder for blue badge holders also includes entry for one carer/chaperone. 

All concession ticket holders may be asked, before entering the ground, to provide supporting documents, to prove their eligibility for a concessionary rate. 

**A family ticket covers two adults and three children of either age category.

***Fans aged five and under are admitted free of charge.

Here's the link to buy your ticket online

So: cheaper to buy online! Another stab in the back of those above a certain age who aren't on the net. Never mind, there aren't many and there are fewer each week as they die off! I'm sad to see City have detached themselves from a faithful group of life-long supporters. At least even in Heaney and Masters' days this didn't happen. Very much a retrograde step. I hope there isn't another computer crash otherwise lots of people will be forced to stump up the extra if they can't buy tickets online. 

With so many people glad to see City back in (or almost) Truro, I'm sure there will be disappointment in some homes. Shame on the new ownership!

And thanks for the clip, Dave. 

PS It's worse than I thought! You have to "log in" before you can buy a ticket!And what a rigramole THAT turned out to be! Clicking the "verify" word on the email caused my computer to simply reveal that it had "blocked a pop-up window" whatever that means! No, this will p*ss a lot of wrinkles off, but why care about them? 

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

So: cheaper to buy online! Another stab in the back of those above a certain age who aren't on the net. Never mind, there aren't many and there are fewer each week as they die off! I'm sad to see City have detached themselves from a faithful group of life-long supporters. At least even in Heaney and Masters' days this didn't happen. Very much a retrograde step. I hope there isn't another computer crash otherwise lots of people will be forced to stump up the extra if they can't buy tickets online. 

With so many people glad to see City back in (or almost) Truro, I'm sure there will be disappointment in some homes. Shame on the new ownership!

And thanks for the clip, Dave. 

PS It's worse than I thought! You have to "log in" before you can buy a ticket!And what a rigramole THAT turned out to be! Clicking the "verify" word on the email caused my computer to simply reveal that it had "blocked a pop-up window" whatever that means! No, this will p*ss a lot of wrinkles off, but why care about them? 

Having carried out a random check on the admission prices of some of the other teams in their league, I have to report that Truro's prices are pretty typical, so no shame on the new owners. The fact that we are in Cornwall doesn't really affect the issue. The state pension and bus-pass rules apply equally across the country, so concessionary ticket claimants suffer wherever you go. e.g. Torquay United are more expensive still!

13 hours ago, deancourt said:

The fact that we are in Cornwall doesn't really affect the issue. The state pension and bus-pass rules apply equally across the country, so concessionary ticket claimants suffer wherever you go. 

In other parts of the country buses run on Saturdays & after tea time on weekdays, unlike many semi rural areas across Cornwall, so regards Truro kick off times, that rather negates the bus pass point. 

Currently, a lot of Pensioners will be more focused on funding their heating anyway, especially following the energy bill grab. Paying a silly £15 for what Truro City knock out will be well down the priority list.

Remember, it's non league quality football, not Football League stuff.

4 hours ago, Uwdi Krugg said:

In other parts of the country buses run on Saturdays & after tea time on weekdays, unlike many semi rural areas across Cornwall, so regards Truro kick off times, that rather negates the bus pass point. 

Currently, a lot of Pensioners will be more focused on funding their heating anyway, especially following the energy bill grab. Paying a silly £15 for what Truro City knock out will be well down the priority list.

Remember, it's non league quality football, not Football League stuff.

Being a pensioner myself, and living west of Camborne, getting to and from Truro on a Saturday matchday using the "tinner" bus T1/T2 has never been a problem. As for paying £15 to watch a game, I would probably choose not to on most weekends as I can get to Penzance, Helston, Hayle, or Illogan just as easily and pay a fraction of the price to watch a game. However, I would imagine the choices of venue to watch live football are greatly reduced for pensioners who actually live in Truro. 

Also, it may only be non-league football but that doesn't mean that it can't be just as entertaining and that surely is why we go!

On 18/08/2024 at 19:20, We Two said:

A Bodmin supporter who was a regular on this forum once stated that it's what's in the trophy cabinet that counts, although trophies matter they should never be the prime objective, customers ( that's what supporters are ) and therefore support will dwindle if that mantra is adopted.

You are right, he is wrong IMO. A good all round afternoon out is key. Facilities and welcome matter. That said, it would be nice if Buckland matched off-field excellence with a promotion ;-)