Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - TUESDAY 20 AUGUST 2024

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - TUESDAY 20 AUGUST 2024

Dobwalls 4 Millbrook 0

The scoreline does not reflect the part that the visitors played in this game.

For the first hour of the game it was nip and tuck with play moving from one end to the other.

The young Millbrook keeper made a string of top drawer saves to keep his side level.

Dobwalls introduced Kai (not sure if the surname) into the game who made an immediate impact by beating a defender to the ball to volley in the opener.

Within a minute of the restart a through ball eluded the defence for C J Prichard to race through, he calmly curled the ball around the advancing keeper to double the lead.

Dobwalls were now running hot and when the visitors cleared their lines the ball fell to Charlie Castlehouse who fired in an unstoppable shot from 25 yards.

Millbrook never gave up and pressed forward but could not break the resolute defence of the hosts.

With time running out a fierce shot was again brilliantly saved by the young keeper only for the rebound to be headed home by the alert Kai ?

Millbrook will no doubt be disappointed with that e scoreline but it took some quality goals to break them down and I am sure that they will pose problems for a lot of opponents as they gain experience.

It was well worth th entry fee and despite the weather being autumnal I am glad I decided to attend.

1 hour ago, The Governor said:

Dobwalls 4 Millbrook 0

The scoreline does not reflect the part that the visitors played in this game.

For the first hour of the game it was nip and tuck with play moving from one end to the other.

The young Millbrook keeper made a string of top drawer saves to keep his side level.

Dobwalls introduced Kai (not sure if the surname) into the game who made an immediate impact by beating a defender to the ball to volley in the opener.

Within a minute of the restart a through ball eluded the defence for C J Prichard to race through, he calmly curled the ball around the advancing keeper to double the lead.

Dobwalls were now running hot and when the visitors cleared their lines the ball fell to Charlie Castlehouse who fired in an unstoppable shot from 25 yards.

Millbrook never gave up and pressed forward but could not break the resolute defence of the hosts.

With time running out a fierce shot was again brilliantly saved by the young keeper only for the rebound to be headed home by the alert Kai ?

Millbrook will no doubt be disappointed with that e scoreline but it took some quality goals to break them down and I am sure that they will pose problems for a lot of opponents as they gain experience.

It was well worth th entry fee and despite the weather being autumnal I am glad I decided to attend.

Played 4, won 4 for Dobwalls now (and only 1 goal conceded).  Most people were tipping them for top 5 this season, does that undervalue them?

10 minutes ago, Wetsuit said:

Dobwalls certainly got a good group of players there.    Are any local   ?    If so how did Bodmin  miss out on seeing its down the road 

Mostly younger Plymouth players. A lot of them were with a very strong Parkway under 18's a couple of seasons ago, which was managed by current Dobwalls assistant Adam Castlehouse.

Dylan Jones and Tylor Love-Holmes, who are now playing step at step 3 and step 2 for Parkway and Truro respectively, were in this side.

On 21/08/2024 at 12:26, sportsman10 said:

How far can a Dobwalls go.  ? Would imagine the ground needs a ton of work.

Dobwalls ground has a clubhouse on site, a small halfway line flat pack style stand with seating, a bus shelter type thing on the opposite touchline & a low level shack behind the goals at one end adjacent to the corner flag.